26 years later

>26 years later
>Still the greatest action movie ever made

What went so fucking right? It's STILL utterly amazing.

Attached: 718hsW0TlmL._RI_.jpg (1200x1600, 219K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TaRuugE1R74
youtube.com/watch?v=2sBjAre1VH4
youtube.com/watch?v=heJBfReQF9Q
youtube.com/watch?v=kIAW2ZAfrWo
youtube.com/watch?v=fxCYAluYlXQ
youtube.com/watch?v=kC44tlr_KsU
youtube.com/watch?v=qr2XsuG1vCs
youtube.com/watch?v=EVHdk9GrgrM
youtube.com/watch?v=ctFHXL6fRV8
youtube.com/watch?v=dCTd1XHbliU
youtube.com/watch?v=_IPBgUKGdYk
youtube.com/watch?v=pA7gvhwC9RI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

This
and its clearly better than the first one
just like Aliens is better than Alien

Reminder that any of these effeminate, slow-burn loving, bone-chilling horror faggots who shit on Cameron for "ruining" Terminator and Alien are most likely jewish lefties who hate Cameron because he's a successful non-jewish director who managed to out-direct and out-box office these kikes at their own game.

Both of those statements are false.

At the core theres a family relationship, its a coming of age story, and its genuinely thrilling because the t1000 kills anyone he touches so when he gets close youre on the edge of your seat (unlike modern thrillers where the bad guy will just throw the protag around like an idiot)

Mainly practical effects and badass stunts. We really don't get a badass stunt show anymore. Modern stunt pieces look like CGI garbage.

It was the perfect combination of old new. CGI was good enough to pull off some novel effects sequences but because it was so expensive and hard to do right they didn't abuse it.

The helicopters are real. The Semi-trucks are real. The explosions are real. It's great stunt work and great practical effects which are the backbone of all great action movies, the cool transformations with the liquid metal are just the cherry on top. Also Cameron is a literal genius and this is his peak.

Attached: YFW_james_cameron.jpg (512x2967, 453K)

An insane budget and a director who was all in for starters. Casting was on point. Also the early 90’s were a perfect time for something like this to come out.

based 100% white James

>the last film to do live action stunts properly was fury road
How have we sunk so low lads

>It's STILL utterly amazing.
why do people say this as if film as a medium hasn't gotten irreversibly worse in the proceeding decades?
just look at the blockbusters made today and they're pure AIDS compared to T2

That and Total Recall yes.

youtube.com/watch?v=TaRuugE1R74

Attached: 1411621869534.webm (1706x720, 2.29M)

>819 days

Attached: 96713728.jpg (249x243, 58K)

the scene where he magdumps into the t1000 then flips the rig onto it's side is pure kino

Am I a bad person for preferring Cage kino like The Rock, Con Air and Face/Off? I still think it's a 10/10 film I just think Cage kino is 11/10

Terminator 2 >> Terminator
Alien >> Aliens

These are the facts.

Attached: arnie terminator.webm (922x500, 2.99M)

top 3 Arnie films
>T2
>True Lies
>Total Recall

Its not even the best Arnold action film

Because it's 26 years old and still hasn't been surpassed. Almost three decades, user. It's incredible.

I see we have a Predator patrician in our midst.

Attached: arnie predator-1.webm (928x499, 2.89M)

Is argue Starship Troopers is second best, with Aliens coming in third.

>60% of the movie is them just looking/shooting at trees

what did Arnie mean by this

Attached: 1414822734689.webm (960x540, 2.93M)

cringe

Attached: dat predator cine.jpg (1590x2000, 2.54M)

Attached: robocop gun.webm (886x480, 2.98M)

I believe James Cameron enters in a trance when he makes a movie as you can tell from this interview with Arnold
youtube.com/watch?v=2sBjAre1VH4
Everything in T2 is focus and precision. The camera movements, editing, blocking, everything is so smooth and precise.
The mall scene is probably one of the best showcases of that (the editing has been messed with a little bit for the youtube upload but it's still good)
youtube.com/watch?v=heJBfReQF9Q

Its funny how Arnold did NOT want to play the good guy, but was convinced to do the role anyway.
This film is kino.
This, amazing practical effects and unprecedented CGI. The T-1000's liquid powers werent overdone and some parts were mind boggling at the time. Particularly the scene where the T-1000 melds through jail bars.

Attached: 1411429772386.webm (1329x720, 2.89M)

>terminator 2
Soulless corporate quippy bugman crap completely inferior to the terminator.

Robocop is kino, but it's not on the same level as T2. It's a different sort of action movie.

Attached: Arnold List.jpg (1792x3272, 1.71M)

A perfect storm of great script, plot, directing, acting and choice of music.

why does the Terminator want a Israeli gun?

The first two films need to be recognised for the stop-motion kino they are.

youtube.com/watch?v=kIAW2ZAfrWo

Attached: robocop-3.webm (888x481, 2.89M)

It was the weapon of choice for criminals back then. Compact, cheap, and very effective.

Not only that but the effects hold up as well. They're believable and not some shitty sci fi channel dogshit. Its EVEN comparable to today's shitty CGI. I see so many threads on here about how CGI in movies has been getting progressively worse and worse. The current day CGI, even if its good, takes up so much screen time people don't care because its like they're watching a video game. Its flashy effects for the sake of being flashy. The T-1000 merged practical with CGI (particularly the bullet splashes and blade arms). And the CGI was used to move the movie forward and give the T-1000 an air of invulnerability and being unstoppable.

Based user. When I think of T2 this is one of the scenes I think of. It's brilliant.

Why the fuck would they give it live ammo if they were doing a presentation in a fucking boardroom full of CEOs? They never heard of blanks or even rubber bullets?

But Terminator 1 is better

>Kindergarten Cop, JATW, and Maggie are God Tier
Stop posting the trolling version

The 80s was a different time.

Attached: 48 hours.jpg (800x1200, 196K)

That image is older than you zoomer

It takes about an hour for any action to take place, that's when you know it's good.

Attached: Aliens.webm (1280x692, 1.44M)

Holy fuck this is Kino.
It displays how ruthless the Terminators are.
>T-1000 recklessly smashing into the back of John+Sarah's shitty car.
>T-800 gets bumped, dropping grenade
>Without skipping a beat the T-800 grabs his rifle and simply walks over the back of his car, over the hood of the truck ramming them and lights up the T-1000 point blank.

>Blanks or rubber bullets
Fuck both of those, just don't load it with anything. Unless of course the 'malfunction' wasn't actually a malfunction at all, and was completely deliberate. It could have been an inside job to display how lethal ED-209 was in a real world situation.

These are all kino Webms.
Thanks user, post more pls.

I always felt the two movies were perfect.
But I see the faults in T2 as I rewatch it so much
It still has the attitude and atmosphere I like to see from a movie.
As corny as it sounds T2 pictures both the modern age and the war as depressing and hopeless but manages to inspire a sense worth going on through its plot and characters.
I wish more movies had that ability.

Attached: 1491713982005.png (559x598, 417K)

You know it.

Attached: total recall arnie-6.webm (800x430, 2.93M)

Attached: arnold commando wrong.webm (1920x1040, 1.44M)

youtube.com/watch?v=fxCYAluYlXQ
>2:10
I can't even image how he shot that thing
that fucking drift on a 10 wheeler...

I think it has to do with change and not being tied by destiny. Sarah was tormented and haunted by visions of the Skynet controlled future, no one believing her about Reese and his message, with the T800 being send back to rescue join and succeeding in their mission her and her son have been freed from the shitty future. They can go on and make their own futures.

when I first saw the movie when I was a kid I thought the minigun at Cyberdyne was the coolest scene but I've come to love this one more. the webm posted needs to be ~15 seconds longer

youtube.com/watch?v=kC44tlr_KsU

Attached: 1545705161612.gif (480x270, 904K)

My butthole hairs all stand on the edge during this scene. I envy my mom so much for watching this back in 1991, must've been the kino of a lifetime

the haircut steals the show desu

>26 years later
you're watching wrong version buddy

james cameron wants you to watch this instead

Attached: 1527537167929.jpg (1920x1888, 613K)

I saw a making of somewhere on youtube and based Jim had 2 tractors or 18 wheelers on both ends pulling the flipped rig

Predator is the purest of action-kino and you know it

You can't trust senile old men. Theatrical of both T2 and Aliens are the best.

Only Scott Adkins can compete in the current year.

youtube.com/watch?v=qr2XsuG1vCs

Attached: scott adkins and amy johnston accident man.jpg (1800x1200, 620K)

It wasn't even better than die hard OR predator.
Teenager opinion

>tfw I've only got the 'extreme dvd artisan' terminator 2

Should get the BR really.

Attached: arnie terminator 2.webm (1706x720, 741K)

yes

It's not even the greatest Arnold Schwarzenegger action movie.

Last Action Hero is underrated.

I liked it.

Attached: arnie guns.webm (1382x576, 2.99M)

Reaching Reddit levels of onions if you actually think T2 is a good movie as an adult.

Terminator 1 is better, but Aliens is indeed better than Alien.

For the love of God, take this (You) and see if a fat prostitute will accept it as payment so you can finally have sex.

i went to a panel last sunday for this movie. Robert patrick, the ginger boy, jenette goldstein, and stan winston's kid were there.
Edward said he wanted to fuck Linda while filming and he looked like he was fucked up the whole time. He was vaping *something* all day. But just look at him here and tell me he wasn't at least super hungover...
isn't he supposed to be getting in shape? i took this when the panel ended.

Attached: eddie f.png (533x670, 761K)

You know what the serious sci-fi/action/horror elements of the first Terminator film was missing? An edgy Bart Simpson self-insert for little kids
Shake my damn head to be quite honest

Heres the real list

Attached: ahnuldchart.jpg (2160x4516, 2.05M)

I bet you think Alien 3 isn't a good film either lmao.

Attached: fed up alien.png (400x400, 14K)

bro check this out
youtube.com/watch?v=EVHdk9GrgrM

wtf
>he wanted to fuck Linda the whole time
good taste.

I watched a bit of that interview
youtube.com/watch?v=ctFHXL6fRV8
I mean he still looks fucked up but it's less terrible than some of the pics that are out there

>they don't make action scenes anymore where somebody gets shot and his tie flies up like that

Didn't Hardcore Henry come out the same year?

Attached: tumblr_o9a71gEmsA1v6w3juo5_500.gif (499x265, 1.76M)

based.

Attached: The Golden Voyage of Sinbad3.webm (900x540, 2.73M)

>T2 is the best action movie ever made

Attached: reddit-alien.0.0.png (1200x800, 126K)

neat, haven't seen this one yet.
You can find the clip of him saying that about linda too, i think someone uploaded it to YT. I have it on IG. He looks okay there, but maybe he was just tired since he was there all weekend and the panel was on sunday near the end of the day. Still. He seemed like he would have preferred to be anywhere than at that panel telling strangers he wanted to fuck his movie mom.

>and its clearly better than the first one
"No!"
>just like Aliens is better than Alien
this is absolutely true tho

Never watched it, I assume it's even worse than the piece of shit that is Aliens. At least Cameron knows how to direct good looking scenes.

>tfw I had the T2 ultimate edition on bluray with the extended/cut scenes added back in BUT FUCKING LOST IT

Attached: index.jpg (257x196, 6K)

Attached: mission impossible tom cruise jump.webm (1100x456, 2.78M)

>and its clearly better than the first one

they're separate but equal

retard

Based. Watched it for the first time a month ago (I know) and I've watched it six times since. It's so fucking good.

This is my favorite part of the movie. IMO the whole movie builds up to this scene. I usually stand up and clap.

>At the core theres a family relationship, its a coming of age story
These are the absolute worst and most embarassing parts of the movie though. The Terminator stepdad subplot was absurdly, laughably bad.

Alien - 9/10
Aliens - 9/10
Alien 3 - 7/10
Resurrection - 6/10

Attached: Alien.webm (960x408, 2.89M)

Alien 3's Theatrical cut is a 4/10 at best. I rewatched its Special Edition recently and it makes A3 a solid 7.5/10; it's impressive how studio interference can actually rape a movie beyond salvation.

>mfw we will never get Fincher's full original vision for Alien 3
just

Attached: 1451551945369.jpg (1920x1080, 218K)

T2 was so good because it took the grat story from T1 and added the element of humans vs machines, but more accurately old vs new.
T1 could have replaced future and machine with regular humans and nothing would have changed. T2 hinges on them being futuristic machines.
The reason T2 is so good is the same reason Soldier is so good (and criminally underrated too).
Stories about the underdog "old model" defeating the sure bet newer model through wits and will are ALWAYS great.

>T1 is so much better than T2. Its dark, grim, unrelenting, and a fantastic slow burn building to the final chase
theres your (You)

Attached: 1514654129815.jpg (1348x812, 168K)

The theatrical cut of Aliens is missing some good character stuff between Hicks and Ripley. The turret scenes are great as well

For me I rate Alien as a 10/10 masterpiece which is probably why I dislike Aliens so much, it's just feels like an interpretation that deviates too far from the original Alien. Cameron is also someone who has to go 'bigger' in everything he does so that's kind of annoying, so even though he is obviously an extremely talented director as far as shooting scenes goes he doesn't create interesting films.

>For me I rate Alien as a 10/10 masterpiece which is probably why I dislike Aliens so much

They're both quite different films.

Attached: aliens-2.webm (1920x1036, 2.83M)

This. The director's cut of Aliens is the best of the franchise. Alien 3 was a let down but it's solid, especially in light of what came after. The only objectively awesome things to involve the Alien franchise since the early 90s has been Alien: Isolation, the AvP2 Vidya and that Alien: Infestation that came out on the DS.

Attached: addon_uploads_1441633172_1793556820.jpg (512x512, 126K)

All sequels should be mandated by US law to be in a completely different genre than the original. Switching genre is the only way possible to make a sequel that is relevant and doesnt tread on the original.
Horror to action is cruise control for a good sequel.

>Aliens was filmed over ten months on a budget of $18 million at Pinewood Studios in England. Cameron, bound by a low budget and a deadline, found it difficult to adjust to what Paxton called the "indentured" working practices of the British crew, such as the tea breaks that brought production to a halt. Many of the crew had worked on Alien and were fiercely loyal to Ridley Scott, and they believed the 31-year-old Cameron was too young and inexperienced to direct. In response, he arranged a screening of The Terminator, which had not yet been released in the UK, but many of the crew did not attend. They also mocked producer Gale Anne Hurd, insisting that she was only receiving the producer credit because she was married to Cameron. Cameron clashed with the original director of photography Dick Bush when Bush started production saying the schedule couldn't be met and when he insisted on lighting the alien nest set brightly. Cameron insisted on a dark, foreboding nest, relying on the lights from the Marines' armor. After Bush was fired, the crew walked out. Hurd managed to coax the team back to work, and Adrian Biddle was hired as Bush's replacement.

Attached: Brian Glover Alien 3.jpg (320x240, 66K)

I will never understand what everyone's hard-n is over this film.

T1 wipes the floor with this film and on a shoe-string budget at that.

About the only thing this film has is the T-1000 innovation and the CGI is outdated as fuck in that film.

That looks like it hurt.

We don't deserve this Dianetics Jesus.

brian glover and generally the british cast were the best thing about alien 3, along with sigourney weaver.

youtube.com/watch?v=dCTd1XHbliU

I think he legit broke his leg here if I remember correctly. Shit on cruise for being a loony, the guy is a dedicated actor.

>T1 wipes the floor with this film
go dilate

Maybe, but no one saw it.

Honestly Alien 3 is pretty darn good and was a good way to end the trilogy

Attached: ghost in the shell-2.webm (720x389, 2.54M)

Attached: arnie total recall it is.webm (960x520, 2.91M)

Remember the helicopter flying under the overpass? Done for real. The car filming that crazy shit that would have become a fireball of things went wrong? Cameron was in that car filming.

You might like it more than Aliens since it shits all over that previous movie.

Set design like this doesn't exist very much anymore. It's either entirely CGI, everything looks plastic, or it's just some random factory.

I miss sets

Attached: 1568919547035.jpg (1439x984, 71K)

Wrong, best action movies are Total Recall and Escape from LA.

>get ready for a surprise

Not even better than the original Terminator. It's also much too long (even in the theatrical cut, never mind the fucking unbearable special edition) and the kid is incredibly annoying and hateable.

Unfortunately it's a green-screen world.

Attached: justice league bts-2.webm (1280x720, 1.71M)

It's gotta suck to be one of those older actors who based their entire craft on reacting to shit that's actually there, then having to adapt to this bullshit where you have a 10 minute conversation with a tennis ball on a stick being held by some fat beardo eating a donut just out of frame.

The sad part about being a teen in the 90's, idealizing fight scenes like this, learning martial arts? With the exception of broken arm guy and maybe the guy who went through the window the rest of the goons will get back up and probably keep fighting.

what makes action scenes like this so good?
i recently watched MI fallout and this scene alone is better than everything in that movie combined. i almost fell asleep watching it.

They know to keep down or else.

Attached: 1549414658474.webm (1280x536, 2.99M)

>b.b.b.bad to the bone

Attached: ubbd66v4w4fx.jpg (746x1000, 66K)

2/10 made me reply

Did you transcribe this from Oliver's Retrospectives? Kudos.

>Horror to action is cruise control for a good sequel.
this so much
it's so hard to fuck it up, first movie is new, scary thing, and second movie is "okay now we know what it is so lets fuck it up"

Agreed. Let's imagine the sequels that could've been had they jumped from horror to action (or something else). Horror sequels are some of the worst sequel offenders.

Attached: 1400865841012.webm (1254x514, 2.52M)

>What went so fucking right?

Cameron is a great director, they had a great script, it was made in the heyday of 90s action, and they had Arnold in his prime.

Attached: Arnold Terminator Smile.webm (918x388, 2.09M)

Arnold movie rankings

Conan>>>Terminator 2>>Predator>>>>>Kindergarten cop

Attached: total recall-3.webm (711x400, 3M)

man that Total Recall remake was such a waste of a good setting.

What's the ideal third movie genre?

didn't think it was all that bad tbqh, but yeah cranston was kind of a shitty villain

I can dig the extended cut of Aliens, but for T2 theatrical all the way. I am almost certain I read an interview where Jim said the same.

It's at least worth watching once for Jessica Biel and Kate Beckinsale, as well as the gravity lift between Britain and Australia.

Attached: jessica biel and kate beckinsale total recall5.webm (986x554, 2.75M)

Attached: 1568927665243.webm (1920x800, 3M)

Why does the matrix feel like it was the last genuinely good action movie (aside from John Wick)? Am I just getting old or have I missed an equally epic or groundbreaking action movie? Is capeshit basically the new action genre?

Great post

Attached: arnie commando-2.webm (640x346, 2.39M)

That film had some great art design. I love that armor the baddies are wearing.

Wrong

Attached: total recall arnie.webm (900x484, 2.93M)

there was something missing for me. plus the idea of the elevator was pants on head retarded. and we got robbed of quaid going in an irish accent "git yer arse to maahrrrs"

Terminator 3 is pretty good. And I suppose if you were grasping at straws you could call it sort of a mystery film. The plot revolving around trying to figure out how to stop the end of the world.
I suppose in that sense
>encountering the horror
>attacking the horror
>trying to learn about the horror
Is the natural sequence.

I'd drop Conan The Destroyer and Eraser to to decent tier and bring up True Lies to the kino tier. I would also bring up Terminator 3 to decent tier.

Based and redpilled

Because a stunt guy really did that

Terminator 1 is so shitty in comparison
i've come to the conclusion only women and transsexuals don't like T2

>i've come to the conclusion only women and transsexuals don't like T2

Sounds like you hang around with trannies tbqh.

Attached: terminator.gif (500x273, 629K)

rubber bullets aren't nerf pellets, a couple of those would have killed him anyway, let alone 50 of them.
take a look at what happened to yellow vests in Paris.

I think they would have had better luck if they had built something original around the idea of the tunnel and not use the Total Recall script

Attached: Total spit nos.webm (1280x720, 2.77M)

Saw this on cinema at 1991, and still think this is top tier Kino.

Attached: Assessment.jpg (2112x1281, 140K)

You are correct.
Action is dead. John Wick is quality but sort of became a new blade/resident evil, where the sequels make no sense and the action feels repetitive.

God I wish she would spit on me.

Attached: jessica biel-6.webm (1920x1080, 1.8M)

Dredd was good. Better than meme-tier The Raid.

The Mission Impossible movies are keeping action kino alive for me.

Is this how you make kino?

total recall remade was the best film in the world, alongside Robocop remade and Conan the barbarian remade.

Yes, a British production crew will always produce kino.

Attached: 1556397744747.webm (1280x536, 1.83M)

agreed, dredd is an absolutely solid film, would be nice if it had been successful and they could have made five films of equal quality.
strontium dog would have been good, and rogue trooper

Everything past MI3 is shit. I don't care what the critics say.

>Le big stunts
>Le espionage

Fuck off.

It’s got a great porn adaptation

well, that's not it. cruise did some of the stunts in fallout himself, but they are still boring as shit.

Perfect story and compelling characters weaved with great action. Always a winning combination.

Isn't it past your bedtime?

Attached: 1410504362691.webm (900x487, 2.8M)

based

You're right. It's a little better than First Blood.

It's kino time.

youtube.com/watch?v=_IPBgUKGdYk

He's going to be killing defenseless women, so it fits.

You're just a cynical autist. People like you ruin everything because youre jealous that some of us can still feel something

I still remember how it felt in the theater when the T-1000 gets to cyberdine on the cop bike, then gets to the stairs and the just goes the fuck up the stairs on the bike. That blew my mind back then. These machines were ruthless.

>26
2 years off

Conan 1, Commando, T2

Edge of Tomorrow and Dredd were movies I missed in theaters and it still kills me to this day, go watch

I've seen the rough copy of this, ask questions

Attached: crusade.jpg (504x294, 25K)

T1 was better because Arnie makes a pretty good antagonist.

Friendly reminder

Attached: ....jpg (604x334, 41K)

You DID remember to order 16 copies of T2 (and 4 of Drop Dead Fred™) PLUS free promo pack for your video rental store......right user?

youtube.com/watch?v=pA7gvhwC9RI

>OR predator

Seriously? Predator doesn't even remotely come close to either.

Attached: arnie and carl weathers predator.webm (1280x720, 2.99M)

cringe

Yes yes heil Hitler and whatnot

Why did the robot bother to tell him "wrong" before he blew him away, instead of just killing him?

>What if dya tyurmenayta was dya good guy?

Wow so original

Fallout was great you dumb fag

This, when it comes to cgi action, "you may not have noticed, but your brain did" is fucking true as fuck, practical effects and stunts are always better

It's an action movie that's actually a good movie, not just good for its action (which happens to be some of the best of all time).