Ad Astra

Just watched it in IMAX, pure kino that reminds me of space odyssey.

Attached: ad-astra-poster.jpg (810x1200, 164K)

It had bunch of problems but it was quite good. Incredible visuals. It was the film that Interstellar tried to be, intimate space epic.

That neptune space sequence was undeniable kino. I don't think i've ever seen a deep blue color like that before. As the other user said it had a lot of problems but i can't wait to go back and watch it again

It was a fucking mess, the plot was bland, there was almost no real setup to make the "emotional" moment with his father at the end work and the voice overs were Harrison Ford blade runner theatrical cut tier bad. Only pseuds under the false illusion of having watched "kino" will disagree.

>hurr durr, I need those linear good onions endings and can't watch depressive movies.

It worked well for me, i really related to the main character but i think the film could have been better if the ending was different. It was changed from the script quite a bit. Still, if they wanted to change it, they should have thought more about it. Also Brad Pitt really gives a fantastic performance here.

Who are you quoting? If anything him making it back to earth in the first place was a forced "good" ending. I assumed he was planning on blowing himself up with his father when he kicked away his capsule as he boarded the station, considering he'd gone against orders and killed all his crew essentially. Not to mention the entire sequence of him flying through the rings using a shield and using a nuclear blast to propel himself back to earth is absolutely fucking retarded. The movie couldn't decide whether it wanted to be hard realistic sci-fi or fantasy trash

This was the problem for me. Total mixed bag of a movie. Felt the same about the rocket sequence on Mars.

Exactly. They did that at the end of Star Trek 2009. It had some good ideas but the whole was underhwleming.

I fucking hate how they basically never showed any sort of orbital maneuvers. They pretty much implied that the rocket they took to the moon just blasted off straight up from earth and did a b-line to the lunar surface. It's like they didn't do any sort of research at all, which is a shame considering how good some of the visuals looked. Could've been a much better interstellar but instead we just got another half-baked soft sci-fi flop

Just found out lost city of z only has 6.6 on imdb

what the hell is wrong with amerifags

Also the Mars bunker hallway scene and the Martian dust scene where he's walking towards the rocket are blatant fucking BR2049 ripoffs, not even subtle about it.

>it's orange so it must be a ripoff

that was shit too

Damn it's almost like Mars is a planet composed mostly of orange sand prone to dust storms. Look, fury road ripped off blade runner too! You are retarded.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 90K)

>solitary figure disappearing into a completely orange dust storm center of frame within two years of the previous example being made
It was a blatant ripoff

Attached: IMG_20190921_000602.jpg (1000x500, 199K)

See

Hallway wasn't quite as blatant but after the Mars dust shot I'm pretty convinced it was also """inspired""" by BR2049, especially when the lights started to go out trying to mimic the shifting lights in BR

Attached: IMG_20190921_001038.jpg (1220x1047, 981K)

The film finished shooting in 2017, do you think that they shot it yesterday?

is it worth going to the kinobox to see this movie alone and possibly get laughed at for being alone?

It's funny that one of the most realistic sci-fi movies ever made is the lighthearted comedy Space Truckers. Most serious films don't even try.

It's worth going to cinema to see it.

Idk why but I was getting a Heart of Darkness/Apocalypse Now vibe at first. Man is sent on a mission by his superiors to go into the jungle (space) to find/kill another Man. It even had the deadpan voiceovers just like the Saigon scene in Apocalpyse Now.

Maybe because Gray said that, that's what he is attempting to do.