Ad Astra

>44% of audiences didn't like it

Ouch... what happened?

Attached: Screenshot_20190920-152413.png (1115x2048, 876K)

Looks boring as fuck

Boomers got bored and fell asleep whenever somebody wasn't getting shot

If the plebs don't get it that just confirms it's kino.

Twenty years from now when it's a classic Zoomers will pretend like they always liked it.

>muh plebs
Critics liking it is a sign that it's shit

does this mean it’s kino or is that when critics hate it

It's not that accessible for casual moviegoers used to Marvel flicks. Good film, i would recommend seeing it in cinema. The last third undermines the film but it's still very good film and has great visuals. Some people left the screening like 10 minutes before the film ended, i really didn't get that.

See it in a real imax it was worth it. Amazing audio visuals. Almost art house

Because it's a story about Brad Pitt's character coming to terms with his deep seated hatred of his father (that he has compartmentalized, but comes out as he gets further from earth)

However if you watch the trailers it seems like some suber kewl action space flick with a huge goverment conspiracy and setpiece shootouts.

I knew what was i getting into since i like James Gray but those trailers really did a good job of setting people up for completely different type of film than they actually got.

Zoomers thought they were going to see another garbage capeshit tier flick and instead they got a kino cerebral character study

>Boomers
zoomutts are the generation obsessed with garbage CGI action scenes. now go donate mummy's paycheck to your favourite twitch streamer KeK

It has male (non-villain) characters. Totally outdated concept.

Shitty boring premise. But a "deep" story so of course it is shit but the critics want to give it awards.

Looks like it doesn't do anything other recent scifi movies haven't already done significantly better.

the movie was made to illustrate that curiosity should never eclipse our love for one another its made clear by the end that his father did this and his arc is the main character becoming better then him

unfortunately that payoff isn't good enough considering how slow the movie is and how it relies on narration from brad pitt to express his feelings or motive -- not that slow is bad. a perfect example of a slow movie that actually has continuous tension is blade runner 2049.

this character is never pushed to his absolute limit by any antagonizing force. he just finds one huge revelation in the 2nd act of the film and does one thing that leads to another. it never gives the viewer an opportunity to question his morality or where the story goes from there.

its basically some emo kid with daddy issues masked by a science fiction setting. no tension. no dramatic conflicts. the director is obsessed with love for some reason. he needs to try meth some time, see how much love he feels after a binge.

Monkeys

Nice thoughts user, too bad you didn't use the spoiler function like you're supposed to, newfag mobileshit cancer double nigger.

Attached: 1395474546458.jpg (646x548, 275K)

Dune is doomed

Looks like pleb filter is back on the menu boys

>Fim
It's a movie, not a film.

It's a film.

not when we are talking about art houses movies. Gray is art house director. And this seems to be art house high budget space opera.

Do reviews actually affect any of your guys opinions? Like if there's a movie you're wanting to see and it has poor reviews, does that change your mind?

audience are idiots

It's just too slow and boring for mainstream audiences. Rotten Tomatoes audience score is only for people who take the time to rate things on the sites and that's on the first day so the audience response is probably worse than that.

No, neither audiences or critics can be relied on to review films properly, especially sci-fi

Attached: Deep Impact.png (744x314, 163K)

You also have to buy your ticket to see it through Fandango to be counted in the audience score now. So, it's only the moron score.

Yes. It means I won't pay money to see it if it's overwhelmingly and unanimously agreed to be garbage.

James Gray sucks

Just saw it. It was. Space scene's we're okay but didn't top movies like Interstellar in visuals.

Daddy issues in spaaaaacceee, the movie.

Brad shines when there's another actor to lead.

One of those movies that wants to present space realism, but then has a bunch of stuff happen that just undermines that. You’re meant to give yourself over to the character’s internal journey, but there are enough ‘fuck that’ moments to break suspension of disbelief.

This. Also the film totally falls apart after the sos scene

Probably thought it was boring because it was serious and didn't have quips every 10 minutes. I thought it was a great film. It's going to die at the box office and be appreciated later down the line.

If the critics hate something nowadays then it's probably telling the truth. If it has high ratings then it's some fantasy bullshit where everybody holds hands and sings kumabyuaayaya.

One of the worst movies I've seen in years. Sorry, I hated it.

Projected from a digital file.
>Film

I just finished seeing it, it was great
Ask me anything
I have a Phd in Physics by the by, I'm Yea Forums resident retard

>huge goverment conspiracy
user... did you watch the movie? there was a plethora of kubrickesque shady shit going on

Because the movie advertises itself as a space odyssey with ayyy lmaos when in reality Brad Pitt floats around narrating to himself and the movie sort of ends

It isn't silent
>movie

the boomers in the audience enjoyed it, it was the teenagers that were fucking using their phones, one harlot complaining about "not getting it" at the end
same thing happened when I saw Kinostellar, my gf didn't get it

3.8 in Letterboxd.

Academy Awards are for recognition of work in the Film Industry
>None that win are silent
"Hey Basedfag, what are you doing after your indoctrination?"
"Oh, I'm going to go suck more dick in Film School to learn how to make more futa animations."
"Sweet!"
"Gargles"
>Actually being this retarded and gay.

Attached: 1236931161320.jpg (122x126, 3K)

Why the fuck would I want to see a movie about space realism? Space programs have been useless and boring as fuck since the 1960s.

t. ******

This is why I don't go see movies. Have teenagers always been like this or has nigger culture just turned them all into assholes?

Ok then faggot, tell me something NASA has done since the Apollo missions that actually would make a good movie.

>science is predicated on cool action shit
You must be 18 to post here

I don't know, I'm only 23 but I have zero interaction with teenagers nowadays, but back in the army I felt genocide for my age group would've been acceptable