Shadow Moses is the only MGS story worth adapting

Shadow Moses is the only MGS story worth adapting.

Attached: MGS1_Ninja-720x360.png (720x360, 439K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eKl6WjfDqYA
youtube.com/watch?v=U1UtRnGn5hc
youtube.com/watch?v=jIYBod0ge3Y
youtube.com/watch?v=SAwjswGqpGw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

you could do MGS 1-3 easily with MG1/2 as backstory, cold opens, flashbacks to fill out the trilogy easily

Mgs2 would be good but I think the series as a whole is better represented through gameplay (ironically enough)

WHAT A THRILL

WITH DARKNESS

Would rather have story set in the Metal Gear universe that benefits from the medium of film than a direct adaptation. The thing about the Metal Gear games, is they were kind of written as games. There are certain kinds of stories that work well in a game like "here's a lineup of badguys, you have to fight them all". You'd want something slightly more nuanced and character based, maybe centering on the breakdown of the relationship between Big Boss and Zero.

MGS3 is best. It's MGS meets James Bond.

AND SILENCE THROUGH THE NIGHT

WHAT A THRILL

MGS3 is good but its not the pinnacle of the series

Attached: unnamed.jpg (220x254, 23K)

I feel that Metal Gear works more in gameplay. Take MGS2 & so much of it was about the lack of control Raiden has, just like the player. Much of that is lost if it isn't a video game. If you're doing one, I suggest a Kojima-written original story set inbetween games. Redoing a game as a movie might not work.

Snake eater is objectively the best written game in the series

2 > 1 > 3 > 4 = 5

Can't believe Kojima stopped them making that remake of Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2

So were there two big bosses? Why?

BONES AND SINEW

You know for the way Snake hyped up that minefield fight in MGS1, I went back to MG2 and it was a real let down

most kino for sure

Attached: The-Boss-vs-Naked-Snake.jpg (800x206, 51K)

That was Konami who stopped them

Yeah that's who I meant

Metal Gear fighting through the jungle is a decent enough premise for a movie...not much of a plot, though the rest of them have TOO much plot

best feels too, every mgs game between 3 and mg1 in the continuity is pointless

Attached: tumblr_ot1zioJgrd1u9t5z9o5_540.gif (540x304, 2.93M)

Honestly yeah
MGS1 is just video-gamey enough that a film adaptation is justifiable
MGS2 literally only works as a video game so that's out the window
MGS3 would make a great throwback Bond film but without the knowledge that it's playing into a larger series' lore, it's kinda pointless
and MGS4 and V are already movies

>going through that corridor for the first time before gray fox

Attached: 1488404727233.jpg (337x372, 17K)

Cast him

Attached: TSOtaconPP.png (692x744, 408K)

mgs3 would be kino
the boss
naked snake
the swarm
major tom
ocelot

Dan Stevens

The kid from Ready Player One

young Kevin Bacon

Steve Carell. His voice is perfect

mgs3 might work too but i really do think mgs1 could make a badass movie.
with all the twists and finding out more about how they're using snake as the film goes on

videogames are toys for kids

Who would you choose as director ?

I'd pick Fincher, it's too bad he mostly sticks to detetcive/thriller because the guy has range, I would have loved to see his World War Z 2. I think he'd be the best at being respectful to the stories while still churning a good movie, not just a "video game" movie.

Attached: davidfincher.jpg (2080x3000, 784K)

I'm gonna get so much shit for this but I would definitely get the Russo bros.
You can't watch the opening to Winter Soldier and tell me that they aren't the ones to make an MGS film

Yeah one 10 minute opening doesn't qualify them. Haven't seen anything of theirs that has anywhere near a similar tone, they really need to break away from marvel and show they can do serious shit.

It's absolutely the most interesting, cinematic, and well told of the Solid series and would be very easy to translate into a movie script and runtime. I genuinely think the only reason that movie has been in development Hell for so long is because they are struggling to figure out how to franchise it and plan out what the hell to do with the sequels

David Foster Wallace

MGS just wouldn't work as a movie because then it lacks the fun of really feeling in the moment of the characters.
I know it sounds dumb but MGS works so well because of the interaction.

2 would be a shitshow, but if they went to 3 and made that it would work as a spy movie.

Do MGS1
Then do MGS3
Then do Peace Walker/Ground Zeroes
That's the only way it could work

All the Metal Gear Solids are already movies. You can watch them on YouTube.

Attached: 1568606738580.png (809x394, 394K)

I hope you're just being contrarion. MGS4 is the biggest pile of shit I have ever seen

2 is the definition of something that cannot be translated into another medium, it needs to be a game for it to have any impact or meaning. It's totally ineffectual if you make it into a movie. Not to mention even taking out the element of interactivity and player choice, and just distilling it down to the narrative how the hell do you handle the ending. The games themselves basically wrote themselves into a corner with that and never should have continued, just look how much backpedaling MGS4 had to do to justify existing in a world post MGS2. Repeating it in the film series would be a mistake. I love MGS2 but I'd just totally omit it from a film series

yeah thats the best option. i like to think of mgs4 as existing in a vacuum. i like some of it but it absolutely destroyed mgs2 and arguably 3 with paramedic and zero

>condensing a 10 hour YouTube movie down into a 2 hour theatrical movie

Why? You'd have to skip past so many kino moments.

Should I play mgs

GTFO What about Liquid Chris?

That's basically my view on 4 also, I enjoy it but it's blatantly obvious it was never meant to exist and it drags everything down with it, feels like a weird dream more than MGS2 does which is in-universe a fantasy only 4 is somehow taking place in reality

>2 hour theatrical movie
Endgame and Once Upon a Time in Hollywood show that audiences are alright with watching a 3 hour movie

perhaps.... kafkaesque....
maybe even..... lynchian?? dare i say???

With prequels and interquels and sequels, how will they handle the actors aging? Along with clones and body doubles?

They'd have to find two actors who look similar enough for them to play Miller and Liquid, with Miller being a blind cripple without anyone noticing and Liquid impersonating him. And Big Boss's and Solid Snake's ages changing between prequels, interquels and sequels.

final fight was kino, admit it

>Sean Connery as Big Boss in MG1, MG2 and MGS4

Make it happen before he dies please.

I'll give you that, the rex vs. Ray fight too

that would be awesome

I know it will never happen, because CGI.

But I wish they built a lifesize Metal Gear Rex and Ray for the movie.

i take it you never played 5

youtube.com/watch?v=eKl6WjfDqYA

Attached: Consider the OHOHOHO.jpg (1280x720, 136K)

From a gameplay perspective, sure. In terms of story MGS2 blow it out of the water.

>Sean Connery
>MGS4

>Yesh, my shon. I'm shtill alive. I've alwaysh thought of you ash a brother, Shnake.

5's gameplay was nice enough to keep me from hating it as much as 4

>decide to play mgs3 since it was added to game pass
>pick I like mgs2
mfw

Attached: there not.gif (137x187, 1.45M)

How would they turn Death Stranding into a movie? It's just a guy walking around carrying a BB.

>hating on the soundtrack
>hating on ray vs rex fight
>hating Shadow moses return
>hating on Snake vs Ocelot fight
>not being the ultimate end for Snake's hard life

Nah you're just shit

Attached: images (3).jpg (761x403, 38K)

the baby is big boss

Kill yourself zoomer

MGS1 could probably work as a standalone film, although there's lots of lore from MG1 and 2.

I think it would be more fun as a mini series.

It's a tonally inconsistent, laughably written, canon ruining smear of fanwank garbage. It's not a surprise you liked it though, because you are exactly 4's target audience, a mindless Metal Gear fan.

Instead of MGS2 they could do a film exploring what Snake and Otacon were up to inbetween MGS1 and 2 that they allude to a bit in 2.

metal gear solid progressive gets worse after the first metal gear solid game
mgs2 deconstruct games and internet bs
mgs3 I am not even trying james bond game
mgs4 let's connect the dots of retardation, oh it didn't work, shit I wonder why. It's obviously because there was always meant to be more then 1

No, peace walker is the worst. It's so bad most people learned about the "secret" ending from ground zeroes not gameplay. Kojima was jealous of portable ops, that's why he copied it three times and claims it to be not cannon.

>tonally inconsistent
Not that guy but Kojima's style of humor is one of the best things about MGS.

But user, Kojima is a fucking hack, multiple writers, translators, and others involved with the multiple productions have claimed as much with no reason to doubt them. When he got the VP position at Konami profits took a major hit due to his poor management. The writing suffered greatly after 3 due to that one guy leaving and also he was jelly of Hayter being more popular than him in America, so he unceremoniously dropped him, you know the guy that took a pay cut so the other voice actors could return for the twin snakes. Did koji take a pay cut when he started to fuck up Konami financially, of course not, he is a golden God. FUCKING HACK

Can love bloom
Orlando Bloom

DAILY REMINDER THAT SOLIDUS LITERALLY DID NOTHING WRONG.

I bet you never noticed RAT PAC 01
PATR10T
>OH SHIT, KOJIMA IS GOD

do you know today is jack?

Attached: Raiden Millan.png (1279x631, 1.16M)

Would it be adaptable tho? They're all pretty nuts. I think 1 or 3 would translate better than 2 or 5 for sure though.

can you eve read, nigger?

Attached: thief vs mgs.jpg (1280x840, 273K)

He said Kojima. I corrected him.

>thief
>aged like wine

Attached: 1566565571212.jpg (288x288, 15K)

Why do people do this shit?

It's already confirmed Oscar Isaac will play snake and that Jordan Vogt-Roberts will direct so this thread is pointless

Can you? It doesn't look like you can based on your response.

Attached: 130068976.jpg (320x270, 6K)

>Jordan Vogt-Roberts

youtube.com/watch?v=U1UtRnGn5hc

If Hideous Kojimer has such a boner for movies and Hollywood why doesn't he make the movie? Or why isn't Death Stranding a movie instead of a game?

MGS isn't shit without the overly long and dramatic codec calls and all the info dump and dumb humor along with it

>Kiefer as Solid, Liquid, Solidus, Naked and Medic Snake
>Donald as Big Boss

Adapt this

Attached: Planescape Torment.jpg (460x215, 59K)

it's true, he even met with kojima to get inspiration

he´s a shit director

So is Kojima. It's a perfect match

Hollywood would never let Kojima make a movie. They'd see him for what he really is.

it can be shadow moses the second visit

Attached: file.png (644x269, 194K)

MGS1 is so incredibly based. MGS2 is good in a tribute way, but nothing comes close to 1. The scene in OPs post is kino

For me it was MGS2
youtube.com/watch?v=jIYBod0ge3Y

Attached: 1455300451767.jpg (500x562, 132K)

Gary Oldman as Ocelot

Attached: Gary_Oldman_at_the_London_premiere_of_Tinker_Tailor_Soldier_Spy[1].png (800x600, 597K)

>metal gear
What a shame

Attached: 6DED9F11-59AB-4927-B164-731C52E9A8B6.jpg (245x280, 10K)

Who will play Quiet? Surudenise?

Attached: 1352539510_7529443_22489759.jpg (1000x1250, 99K)

>t. hasn't played ghost babel

No shit, its an 8 bit game.

Hayter > Kiefer

It's like Bale Batman vs Affleck, Brosman vs Craig, McGuire vs. Holland

Cheesy > unironic

Kiefer gave us the best LIIIIIQUIIIIIID scream in the Deja Vu mission.

Attached: 1429018352599.jpg (245x390, 36K)

the twink from chernobyl

Link? Is deja vu the Xbox exclusive ?

When will they finally make a 24 movie where Jack Bauer deletes Russia?

Deja Vu was on PS3/4. But I think they ended up releasing a patch which unlocked it on all systems. The LIQUIIIID scream is optional and not required to finishing the mission I think. I haven't played it in years, but I think he yells it when you drive a car through the underpass.

youtube.com/watch?v=SAwjswGqpGw

>flashback to the future with essentially the same character

>owning a ps3

TIME PARADOX

>Ocelot is dead

Joke's on you. During the PS Home era, I picked up lots of chicks on it and invited them to do video chat with me on PSN. Good times.

I can because I don't watch capeshit.

>chatting with "female" ps3 owners

Yes. In video chat. Using mics and cams. Which part of that confuses you?

Doesn't Disney own 24 now? Oh shit....

I thought it wrapped up the story really well for what it was. they could've worked on the actual gameplay more though.

fuck this idiot. kojima you star fucking faggot i'm glad your career was ruined.

Snake vs Ocelot was the finale of the series for me (and the Big Boss, Snake and Cipher in the graveyard, but ignore most of the dialogue). Those scenes alone redeem MGS4 in my opinion.

How is it ruined? He's making a big blockbuster game with an all star hollywood cast.

Attached: image_4.jpg (624x352, 24K)

Big Boss was best Snake

Is digging up a cheap 360 and GZs worth my time? I always wanted to try it but I gave up gaming a few years ago. I mean I have $50 to burn and I could probably pick up the ame and the system for that amount tomorrow.

Oops
Question was for

MGS2 wouldn’t work because it relies heavily on the context of the successful first game.

>mfw I remember that it's canon that the events of MGS3 were all staged in advance by a skeleton in a cowboy hat
>mfw I remember that Kojima thought this would be a good idea
>mfw MGS4
MGS1-3 are a perfect trilogy and stand on their own, and anything after that only serve to muddle that perfection

Attached: 1334371716226.jpg (590x419, 160K)

MGS3 would be my favorite if it wasn't for Big Boss being such a wet fart of a character. The decision to make him Snake "but more awesome-r" in response to the fan reaction to Raiden completely crippled what should have been an entirely separate and memorable protagonist.

Not in 4, that is when the too extremes get pushed too far, turning a political thriller with quirky supernatural elements into a words words words ultra gritty Tom Clancy sci-fi story that takes breaks every five minutes to have the guard from MGS1 shit into a can or Snake get his Pepsi stolen by a cartoon monkey. Kojima's writing comes across as so out of touch in 4.

The only thing these games have going for them is the setting/story, I'm honestly surprised that kikewood or Netflix still hasn't tried to adapt them.
Thief shits on MGS.

Kiefer was great and no one would have a problem if
A. He had more screen time
and
B. He played Big Boss from the start

>Thief shits on MGS.
I don't understand this mindset, they're virtually incomparable. High level MGS2-3 play is way more arcadey. Shit like rolling through guards and walking into their lines of sight so you can lure them away from doors for a second or two aren't at all realistic stealth scenarios, but they're fun. Thief is a completely different beast.

3 > 1 > 2 >>> 5 > 4 >>> PW

What I also like about MGS3 is that it is pretty much standalone from the rest of the series's retardation, and can be appreciated no matter what the sequels or prequels or whatever did.

Attached: tumblr_inline_nhmwakix861sd85l8.png (350x197, 148K)

You would need 18 hours to adapt this turd.

Why adapt something that's already been told in the format it was intended in? I don't even trust Konami to adapt it to a remastered / modernized game.

Attached: MGS 5OYKD7Dc.jpg (121x199, 11K)

>skeleton in a cowboy hat

Cans.wav

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 9K)

GZ is on Steam, PS3, PS4,360 and Xbox One. Don't you have anything to play it on?

Shitbox that I highly suspect won't run it well. And I'd rather not shell out for next ej just for game thats as short as GZ is. My last hurrah was MGSV btw and when I moved I just sort of lost the 360 along the way.

>next gen

Not fucking next ej. Sorry.

Attached: mgs snake wat 1366355488580.jpg (104x178, 5K)

What happens? I want to kek with the bros too.

Big Boss starts out the entire opening cutscene wearing a Raikov/Raiden mask. Then pulls it off after 15 minutes of cutscenes, Mission Impossible style.

Kek.

>B. He played Snake from the start
FTFY

NES metal gear>MGS>MGS3>MGS2>>>>>snakes revenger>>>garbage>>>>MGS4,5

I agree. My loyalty was to Hayter, but I've been watching Kiefer movies since the 80s. And I realized that it wasn't a bad thing for Hayter, but a good thing for Kiefer.

The NES versions of Metal Gear 1 & 2 are not canon. Snake's Revenge isn't even the real Metal Gear 2.

>not canon
does it matter? metal gear is still the best game in the series. MGS1-3 are great, but after 3 kojima really got his head up his own ass with trying to make the story as bat shit stupid as possible

>metal gear is still the best game in the series.
The MSX2 versions are different games and far superior to the NES ones. Especially Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake, which is a proto-MGS1.

never played the msx version. i grew up on metal gear for the nes. i always had thought the msx version was the same as nes version, and the nes was just a crappy ported version of it

Attached: 1564994572373.png (438x624, 384K)

I'm pretty sure you mean MSX, not NES??

>i always had thought the msx version was the same as nes version, and the nes was just a crappy ported version of it
More or less. Level designs are completely different, guards can chase you down between screens in certain alert phases and Metal Gear robot actually appears at the end.

...then it must be the patriots!

i grew up in america user. it was NES all day urry day. i didnt even know what an msx was until a year or 2 ago

>robot actually appears
holy shit, you dont just set 10 plastic explosives on a computer and call it a day? i always thought something was wrong with the end of metal gear

Yeah but all you do is set explosives on its feet in a certain order, since the Metal Gear itself doesn't move and the real threat are two laser cams in the room.

wojaks were a mistake

Attached: that face.jpg (220x281, 18K)

Wojaks and Pepes.

So you never played MG and MG2 as they were on MSX

They were on the NES.

I want MG1 and 2 because muh 80s African bush war aethstetics
FALs, Hi Powers, M16A2s, CAR15s and Beretta 92s make my peepee feel funny

I'm talking about canon games. Hideo Kojima games. MG1 on NES had very different levels. And MG2 Solid Snake was NEVER released on NES in any way shape or form. There was a completely different non-canon title named Snake's Revenge though which had nothing to do with Kojima or canon or the real MG2.

I don't know if snake had a canon, sneaking around with that would be difficult. He definitely had guns though.

>MGS1/2 as flashbacks
>From MGS3
What did he mean by this?

That's a flat out lie.
The first time MG2 was released outside Japan was when MGS3 Subsistence was released.

Attached: Metal-Gear-Solid-Movie-Concept-Art-22.jpg (2048x872, 496K)

>The thing about the Metal Gear games, is they were kind of written as games.
Lol!

Canon is not the same word as cannon, you dipshit. And MG2 was never on NES.

>for you

;^)

YO, dis nigga eating hook, line and sinker.

The other one was a metaphorical self insert for you. MGSV is very 4th wall breaking.

In what order do I play the MGS games? There are so many prequels and remakes and reasters, it's hard to keep track. Which are essential? Do I need the spinoffs?

i don't know snake is dummy thic isn't it enough in itself ?

Attached: 1567569368370.jpg (720x960, 118K)

I hated the Liquid Ocelot thing. They should have had Liquid Snake return in MGS2 was planned. Like he survived his death and is in his own body and shit. Snake screaming 'Liquid!' during that fight and fighting, in his mind, his arch nemesis evil brother loses power when you find out it was all Ocelot's ruse.

In lieu of a time machine: Paul Dano.

Attached: James Spader as Daniel Jackson in Stargate.jpg (381x359, 24K)

Haha, what can I say?

Kek, I'm a troll.

I still don't know what those options did.

main series in order

Are we ever getting MGR 2?

Attached: Sunny-Rising.png (628x870, 576K)

I think both are kino desu

Attached: 1563845803550.png (640x789, 520K)

What's the point? Sunny just keeps getting older.

absolutely based

Who would play cunny sunny?

best Yea Forums thread in years?

Adaptations?

Attached: a surveilance camera.png (540x645, 140K)

>no bomb in pussy

Dropped

Paz was far too old anyways. Remember she pretended to be way younger than she really was.

you are all idiots
>not adapting Metal Gear Rising Revengence
Christopher Nolan writer
Michael Bay director
3 billion worldwide box office

I can larp pretty well too user. Are we sure we want to go down that road?

>director
>not Tommy Wiseau

You had one job

Rising would be beyond kino if they kept all the cringe and music and was rated R, just think about it.

only if we get new mixes of Rules of Nature and The Only Thing I Know For Real
what actor could do Jetstream Sam justice though? could do Senator Armstrong justice?

>suggesting cerebral Nolan as screenwriter for what should be balls to walls insanity

Attached: Standing_here.jpg (318x325, 14K)

>Senator Armstrong

Tom Cruise

I want MGS2 just to see if they could pull off the Snake/Raiden switch that the game did without marketing spoiling it

fans would spoil it under every trailer's cmments section

If there's any man who can do what any man could do, it's Tom Cruise.

>wants mgs to be reddit cringe

>gets caught out
>screams reddit
>even though Nolan is reddit

>expects upvote
>gets a real nigga
>no you

MG 1/2, retard. MGS is another thing

I didn't play the first one until many years later, at around 2006 but I can see why it is loved.

For me, MGS2 was the genius game of the series although it's flaw was that it had such a wild ending that no game could continue it.

MGS3 was the return to a conventional story for brainlets but it redeems itself with memorable and likable characters and so many esster eggs. That game had more soul than the sorrow's river