Was Tony Soprano a bad father?

Attached: tony-soprano2-640x354.jpg (640x354, 30K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PHu9D8armIA
thedailybeast.com/rip-james-gandolfini-8-wild-stories-about-the-making-of-the-sopranos
youtube.com/watch?v=bzVeLjj6Ao8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

not really, he provided for them and gave them every opportunity

he wasnt around very much, but he provided enough that carmela didnt have to work and could devote 100% of her time to make sure AJ wasnt a fuck up. if he is anyones fault, its hers

I don't think so. He was simply trying to do his best when it came to his family. Maybe it didn't work out so well but at least he actually cares for them. Less could be said about other parents, no more than Mobsters.

Wasnt a good rolemodel
Or a supportive husband
A middle class warm father > t.

AJ just became a millennial version of Tony. He was just as selfish, manipulative and depressive as Tony, except he was born at a time where being a whiny crybaby got him everything he wanted.

Attached: 2324324244.jpg (329x813, 37K)

the life he provided for his kids was probably the only good thing he ever did.
they were the only thing he actually loved.
meadow will never know he curbed stomped a guy for her

but if tony wasnt a mobster, they wouldnt even be middle class. he was uneducated and grew up with an even more dysfunctional family than the one he started

unlike his own dad, he also successfully kept his kids from getting involved in the mafia side of his life

so he did fine relative to his situation

No, he was a sociopath and didn't care about anybody but himself. He only pretended to love Carm and his kids so that he could be the boss.

He failed to raise his son.

not even remotely

A. She was a hooah
B. She hit me
C. That wasn't my kid she was carrying
D. I was doing a lot of coke
E. I don't give a fuck what any little slit thinks of me
F. They didn't have flat tops in ancient Rome
G. I wish I was born handsome instead of rich
H. There was a lot of wine that night
I. She slipped, she fell, I don't know
J. It was the Indians and the commie fucks
K. I had my hearing aids turned down
L. I caught the clap from some hippie broad I was fucking
M. She wanted to stick a dildo up my ass, make believe she was pimpin' me out
N. He wasn't that smart to begin with
O. Fucking Gladiator ya fuck
P. She didn't even say hello to me
Q. She was a cock sucking slob
R. 350 only buys you a hello
S. My balls were bigger than an Irish broads ass
T. No accountability, this kid
U. She was a little pig- headed if you ask me
V. Last year, you believed a flyin' saucer was over East Rutherford.
W. I had to reclaim Rome for my people
X. I hear Ginny Sack's getting an eighty pound mole removed from her ass
Y. It was a fucking hooarse
Z. I can be on time tomorrow but you'll be stupid forever

Boys need a male influence, tony did make an effort with aj but his own selfishness and jealousy towards aj conflicted with his genuine love for him.

Of course he was. He spoiled his kids and corrupted them in the end.

I liked that scene in tne final where aj comes down in his dressing gown just like tony

t. zoom zoom far too stupid for this show.

Of course she knew. Why do you think she told him? Just because she acted all butter wouldn't melt doesn't mean she didn't know how things worked. She knew the kind of thing he would do. They copped out on addressing her reaction to Vito's death as well, considering she had a hand in that too.

He wasn't uneducated. He went to college. Just because he dropped out doesn't mean he couldn't have potentially graduated in something.

He didn't keep his kids out of the mafia side of life. He actively encouraged AJ to hang out with the aspiring gangster kids to get him out of his room and stop being depressed.

AJ takes part in maiming one kid for life, beating another, and in the end is going to run a nightclub his parents pay for instead of joining the army and trying to make a life for himself.

Meadow is going to go into criminal law instead of medicine because of all the 'injustices' she witnessed growing up. Tony'd influence has corrupted her. You even see Tony's face fall when he hears her say it, because he knows behaving like he is being persecuted is just a 'meme' that they play at, but she fell for it.

>Meadow is going to go into criminal law instead of medicine because of all the 'injustices' she witnessed growing up.
I love how tony reacts to this you can see him damning himself when he hears this.

As if a pair of tits is going to hurt him, he didn't beat the nigger, the jew had it coming.

Sorry what do you mean by that?

Great provider, god awful parent

I appreciated the visual parallel and commentary on aj's development as a person.

It's not so much "is Tony a bad father" but more "did Tony follow in his father's parenting footsteps too much?"

He was a great parent. AJ and Meadow were huge fans of Spongebob, and Carm thought that the show was mindless garbage and was concerned about how it was effecting her children.

When she told this to Tony, he said “Alright, I’ll handle it.” Instead of simply stopping his kids from watching Spongebob and depriving them of their beloved cartoon, Ton went straight to the source.

Attached: 3FBBB0A5-23CD-4A01-A3A7-403616D3A6FB.jpg (828x1193, 145K)

It's no so much maybe I shoulda put my foot up his ass as am I a toxic person?

kill yourself zoom zoom

>tfw everybody said Gandolfini is a really nice person even before he died
>tfw it's rare when someone of that level of talent and fame is nice to everyone
>tfw he's dead now and won't be in more movies or shows
>tfw

He was a depressed criminal

>to make sure AJ wasnt a fuck up. if he is anyones fault, its hers
Can you honestly in your heart of hearts tell me how you would have done this from her position?

He is "the double" in the Seven Souls intro to S6

user was raised by a single mom who was kinda shitty, and he blames her for everything he hates about himself.

he was also a substance abuser who would go missing for days on benders and not even show up to shoots

Did you know William Burroughs shot his wife in the face and lied about it, like back in the 50s

Anthony Junior you respect your fuckin fatha

Yeah that's epin af

Link? I hope you're not referring to the divorce court filings where it's a common tactic to fabricate stories against a famous soon-to-be-ex-spouse to coerce them into higher alimony payments to avoid bad PR.

youtube.com/watch?v=PHu9D8armIA

Agreed

thedailybeast.com/rip-james-gandolfini-8-wild-stories-about-the-making-of-the-sopranos
>8. James Gandolfini had a habit of not showing up for set, even going days without calling.
>“So when the actor failed to show up for a 6 p.m. call at Westchester County Airport to shoot the final appearance of the character Furio Giunta, a night shoot involving a helicopter, few panicked…Over the next twelve hours, it would become clear that this time was different. This time, Gandolfini was just gone.”

>But his absence caused a huge financial loss: “A small army of craftsmen was employed in fabricating these details, and their work added up to as rich and fleshed-out a universe as had ever existed on TV: upwards of 200 people, plus a whole other team of post-production crew stationed in Los Angeles.”

>And some involved in The Sopranos thought Gandolfini had died. When writer Terence Winter was driving to work, he heard a newscaster report: “’Sad news from Hollywood today...,’ and his heart stopped. ‘It was some drummer for a band,’ Winter says. ‘But I thought, 'Holy shit! He's dead.' Then… the show's production office rang. It was Gandolfini calling, from a beauty salon in Brooklyn. To the surprise of the owner, the actor had wandered in off the street, asking to use the phone. He called the only number he could remember, and he asked the production assistant who answered to put someone on who could send a car to take him home.”

HE SHOULD FUCKIN' DILATE

Attached: 1568290643555.jpg (630x630, 306K)

Oh yeah this scene was crazy it was like you wouldn't believe we had helicopters we had a hundred guys it was beautiful oh man you should have seen this scene

based Ralph

father of the year compared to most blacks and single mom boyfriends.

AJ only went crazy when he started banging that crazy Mexican bitch. He should’ve stuck with the rich blonde

>only zoomers and brainlets think narcissistic sociopaths are incapable of actual love
>bUT hE lOVed hIs fAmiLY
Not that user but you’re a very shallow, surface level person.

If you watched the entire series and never came to the conclusion that Tony was incapable of real love I don’t know what can be done for you. No I don’t agree with the other poster that he only pretended to love them but he certainly mimicked normalcy but often didn’t realize he was acting.

right? this fucking guy sounds like a pansy faggot bitch.

Attached: JPEG_20190917_195201.png (500x441, 253K)

What do these three characters have in common?

Attached: 1568049286539.png (1158x792, 291K)

bros they MADE FUN OF OUR GOD EMPEROR TRUMP!

i hate this show now

Attached: vlcsnap-2019-09-19-23h28m36s426.png (1920x1080, 1.6M)

Your brother Billy, whatever happened there

She tried her best, that doesnt mean she did a good job

>epin af
faggot

she wa puerto rican, and sadly only a small few know this, but once youve had a puerto rican girl, held her in your arms and slept in the same bed as her, looked into her eyes as she says "i love you",, you cant just "go back". if you lost her you've also lost your soul, you cant recover. a relationship ending is always something youve recovered from quick and easy, but not the one with the puerto rican girl. almost 3 years later and your heart still cries in pain,you dont know why it still hurts so bad but it does.
he really should have stuck with the blonde girl, he committed suicide 2 years after the final episode

Attached: 1546486437226.gif (200x200, 470K)

>>only zoomers and brainlets think narcissistic sociopaths are incapable of actual love
>>bUT hE lOVed hIs fAmiLY

>bros
reddit nigger

Goddamn puerto ricans, how do they do it?? how are they so based?

That's true, this is probably the ultimate job she should have done
youtube.com/watch?v=bzVeLjj6Ao8

Attached: Go ahead, say spec house one more goddamned time, I dare you I double dare you.png (902x753, 1.08M)

Whatever happened there? I'll TELL YOU what happened there, that piece of shit gave him female hormones without any provocation!

Attached: 14145431_794765200663444_9184938_n.jpg (480x480, 25K)

fuck off with your tranny shit zoom zoom