Oh no no no no

Some people are getting pessimistic about box office. How much will this movie make?

Attached: IMG_20190920_211257.jpg (1080x1194, 253K)

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.vn/Yz0k8
rottentomatoes.com/m/star_trek_into_darkness
starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Celebration_V
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Only a billion.

>Jew tried to lower expectations so he can call it a success if it overperforms on low target

>Today is September 19, 2019, meaning we are three months out from the domestic debut, counting Thursday previews, of Walt Disney’s Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker. As I occasionally do with these “big” releases, I wanted to make pessimistic and optimistic box office projections, wherein I guestimate how the film might do if everything goes wrong or if everything goes right. This morning will be the doom-n-gloom guestimate, and I’ll follow up with the “everything’s coming up Star Wars!” projection. For the record, these are not my official predictions. I advise caution if you plan to use them as yours.

Too much.

He does this all the time you fucking retards

He's going to out out an optimistic prediction later

>Scott Mendelson

Attached: 1562876696552.jpg (400x400, 39K)

....why the fuck is Kylo stabbing his opponent with the crossguard instead of the main blade itself? How does this make any sense?

What does he cover the film industry with?

lies and deception

lmao this might be the funniest post I've read all day

It's going to make more money than tlj. They are reusing the "it's the last one we swear" shit from endgame. Everyone knows it's not the last one but will pretend it is anyway

>NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

BET IT OUTDOES TLJ AND RIAN HAS TO KILL HIMSELF LMAO

COOOOOOOOOOOOOM

Kikery

style points

It might do better than TLJ just to see how the dumpster fire ends.

Optimistic $1.3 billion. Pessimistic $900 million.

who cares
why do you care

Toys flopped, new park flopped. What makes you think the movie wont flop?

TFA 2.068 BILLY
ADJUSTED FROM 2015 TO 2017 ITS 2.172B

TLJ FELL OFF A CLIFF TO 1.332B
RIAN HAS BEEN ON SUICIDE WATCH EVER SINCE LMAO

I don't, but I can't resist posting my opinions in a box office prediction thread.

4.2 billion. It's going to smash expectations and be a great star wars movie.

IN A PANIC THEY BROUGHT JJ BACK
HE KNOWS HOW TO MAKE MOVIES

ITS A 2B MOVIE ALL DAY

THEN RIAN WILL HAVE TO KYS HIMSELF LMAO

A kippa

Why does it seem like Disney actively hates spaceships and lightsabers, two things that make up a large chunk of the appeal of Star Wars?

The space battle at the end of Rogue one was unironically kino and even better than the ones in prequels. The rest of nuWars movies seem to have forgotten the war in stars part. And no the shitty trench run 0.2 doesnt count

Maybe I'm crazy but Rogue One and Solo are legitimately not bad. I'm not sure how the hell that happened.

Saw the trailer before Ad Astra today, it's not a good trailer and doesn't get anybody excited.

>(((mendelson)))

based paranoid schizoposter

The dumpster fire will never end as long as Disney owns SW, so there's no point in going to see icks.

I’m no Disney shill or anything but Mendelson is usually wrong and says stupid things all the time.

Are you people really expecting this shit to make less than 1 billion

Member when Solo couldn't possibly flop

Rogue One is bloated with characters that only exist to check diversity boxes BUT its aesthetic is kino

I hope everyone on Yea Forums is aware of the fact that Disney will be buying tickets and cooking the numbers to make it look like TROS is drawing in huge crowds and is a great success, just like they did with Captain Marvel. It's going to make way less than a billion, but they'll definitely report about a 1.5 billion revenue. We saw the test run for this strategy with Captain Marvel.
Disney's ROTS will suck and will draw in very small audiences!! FACT!!!
Disney will report that ROTS is drawing in huge crowds and making tons of money even it isn't !! FACT!

>Rogue One is bloated with characters that only exist to check diversity boxes

This is your brain on pol

yawn

how am i wrong? the paki pilot contributed nothing to the plot same with the asian's gun dragging sidekick. the asian was only there to pull in chinese and state "everything is one with the force". cut them all and the movie flows much smoother

No billion.

That's exactly what they did with tlj

Based opinion poster.
Some sheeps dont understand that this is a forum where everyone post opinions and discuss things. Even just for the sake of discussing and use the brain.
What a boring mind they have.

not if worthless queers like you dont pay for it.

Who cares Rian Johnson is the only Disney star wars director who can make kino and his trilogy will be based

Solo Rogue One and TFA were dogshit

>ITS A 2B MOVIE ALL DAY
no chance

all nu wars is faggot shit

3 billion

that fucking garbage didnt even fit with anh

People are getting wise to this shit the photos of empty screens will pop off on social media

Not him, but this is exactly what it was. You can feel te souless corporate choice every time a character is introduced. What's worse is that it all amounts to nothing in the end, very new characters dies, and almost every new locations is destroyed because they didn't want to be arsed to have to keep track of those things.

Scott I know you're in this fucking thread right now.

I hope so. Disney are still going to do it though, it's their only option.

This

You can expect commercials and promos for the film to say stuff like “The End of a Saga” or “The Final Chapter” or “The Conclusion to the Epic Story”.

name the two asian guys without looking it up

Attached: 1548374434058.png (837x661, 441K)

They hate Lightsabers because they hate dismemberedment. And they don’t like heroes killing people with laser swords. They can have the heroes sometimes kill people with them but not TOO much. They especially don’t want limbs being cut off (and have banned video games from it).

As for space ship battles? They are just cheap and lazy. Disney doesn’t want to put the effort into making good dog-fights. They just want ships moving from place to place. They want the minimum effort with for everyone to just eat it up.

The force is with me, gatling gun

Again?

Attached: 62C03275-DEA4-4E7D-B4FF-C0D953E8DDB8.jpg (654x221, 41K)

This. Anyone who doesn't realize Disney is doing this on purpose is being willfully ignorant.

Depends entirely on whether or not it sucks.
It's gonna suck.

Why would Disney hide losses? "Losing" money is how they avoid paying taxes.

They killed Star Wars. So easily too. Holy fucking shit.

S-save him

>”Disney hates lightsabers”
>Disney makes a lightsaber building experience as well as sells the fuck out of them for $200+ a pop
Yeah Disney hates lightsabers. Absolutely. Yep.

>Trust no one, not even yourself.

They like the concept of having it as a toy. They hate lightsaber battles and having actual fights with them. Heck, lightsabers don’t even dismember anymore. Lightersabers no longer cut off hands or heads. Just clean kills and scratches.

Attached: 8FFFCFBB-CBB1-435D-A902-6DB9F2B5F225.jpg (1200x854, 144K)

Vader cuts a dude in half in Rogue One. There’s a fuck ton of lightsabers in the prequels so naturally there are going to be more instances of that. In the OT it’s just an arm and 2 hands that really get cut off. Obi-Wan’s death is just a cloak on a string getting hit and it looks goofy. Not to mention all the grunts Luke kills on Jabba’s barge in ROTJ just fall over and there’s no visual as to their injuries. Just because ROTS got edgy with the lightsabers doesn’t mean it has to be that way in the ST. I mean damn, Kylo stabs a dude through the eye and that was pretty brutal compared to the stuff in the OT.

Oh, it gets so much better. In TFA, Rey gave Kylo a scar that covered one cheek and his brow, largely skipping the bridge of his nose. This is what would happen if the very tip of a saber grazed someone as they were evading it. It's even crooked, reflecting Kylo's effort to avoid it as Rey's swing continues its arc.

His scar as seen in TLJ would be impossible to inflict with a lightsaber. Retard Johnson moved it down onto his cheek and neck. An actual sword could conceivably make such a scar as it glanced off the jawbone. A lightsaber doing the same would have just severed his mandible, and you can't even chalk it up to him dodging, because that would imply that he leaned back, then back into it to allow it to continue "coolly" scarring you.

tl;dr: even if Abrams is ultimately a hack, Johnson is a turbohack who can't even into logic.

>Why would Disney hide losses
shareholders

>Absolutely. Yep.
reddit nigger

Says the guy who can’t properly reply on Yea Forums.

Caspere knew this.

>being this retarded
tourist

Because he can. It's called sicko mode, you fucking scrub.

It was a good design choice to make his scar sexy. Everything should ultimately serve the story and character.

and thats a good thong

>accurately reports something
>REEEE JEWS
dilate

They got away with it because of muh dubya
dubya too allusions.

incel tears

Attached: pol incel shooters.jpg (1181x530, 117K)

incel

The reason Disney SW is so fucked is quite easy to determine now that the truth has come out.

Lucas had a secret clause in his contract with Disney that had 25% of everything in merchandise from the original movies.

-This is why Han and Luke have been killed off.
-This is why Courascant has not appeared. --This is why there are no original X-Wings, Y-Wings, etc..
-This is why it's First Order and Resistance instead of Empire and Rebels.
-This is why TFA takes place on "Jakku" instead of Tattooine, why it's the Battle of Crait instead of Hoth
-This is why it's all about BB8 instead of R2-D2
-This is why C3P0 had a red arm. Chewie's belt is slightly different, and the Millennium Falcon has a different shaped dish. because Disney can claim they're original merchandise for the new films
-This is why the AT-AT's walk on gorilla arms and AT-ST's and Stormtroopers look slightly different
-This is why virtually no recurring alien races have appeared
-This is why Ackbar was killed off
-This is why we have "genetic offshoots" of classic races like the Otigans who are just Ithorians with a mouth and why the only shot of a Rodian in Solo had them as brown and without the "sparkling" eyes and why all Mon Calamari in Rogue One were dark instead of red
-This is why the theme of TLJ was "kill the past"
-This is why Galaxy's Edge has ZERO stuff from the past movies
-This is why Disney won't let anyone to make video games on stuff people want

It's all from this agreement with Lucas. Disney did not want to deal with this 25% on merchandise so they attempted to burn down Star Wars and make their own version that let 100% of merchandise go to them.

donnie and the fatguy

Bitch if Mary sue hit the emofag in the face with a light saber he wouldn't have much face left.

user, the more I read about jj and Kennedy and Iger's retarded attempts at making this diz wars and taking in.max profit... the more I realize that rian and the guys behind rogue one should have directed the entire thing

>Scott Mendelson

Yep it's based

Yeah. Now they have a property that's so poisonous that it killed toys r us and is putting them in the poor house.

>/pol/ incels shooters

>Dayton was an anifa fag who shot up a black club because they didnt let him in,,, (he just wanted to watch his GF get blacked)

>El Paso was a registered Democrat who blased beaners because he wanted universal income and was upset because the dem debate wanted to pander and pay for illegals and not him.

lol

always thought that he looked like an spoonies evil older brother.

Based Scott is playing both sides, does anyone have the image where he published two different articles saying Endgame would and would not surpass Avatar?

Attached: 1544063414138.jpg (850x884, 137K)

meanwhile having every single marvel comic these days either feature a tranny or a storyline focusing on sex changes is totally fin to the rat

kill yourself, they literally changed rogue 1 and the original story of how the death star plans got stolen to only feature women and minorities eventhrough the original story almost exclusively featured white men

>It was a good design choice to make his scar sexy. Everything should ultimately serve the story and character.

If Retard Johnson was so invested in everything serving the story, he wouldn't have filmed a half-assed first draft of a story where the only way his uninspired ass could find a way clear of the corner he wrote himself into was to break one of the underlying conventions of the entire setting.

Attached: Squall.gif (268x400, 1.93M)

God Rogue 1 fucking sucked

reylos get the rope

I was honestly a bit baffled by it
>It's the third movie in a trilogy, the big finale to a saga, and they're still trying to hype people up by having most of the trailer be clips from the OT and now even the prequels because they're so desperate for audience engagement
How embarrassing

> Scott!!!

Attached: scott 01.jpg (800x345, 110K)

How much money has Disney set aside to buy their own tickets online to keep their numbers up?

Next day, Scott predicting the other way too, just to be safe.

How (((Mendelson))) of him.

Attached: scott 02.jpg (640x680, 210K)

Pilpul.

> We know China doesn’t care Force Awakens earned $123 million from a $33 million opening day while The Last Jedi earned $42 million total.

Based Middle Kingdom.

Attached: dsc5206.jpg (800x451, 245K)

>Trailer views are less than the Joker's
The ROS is losing to a literal clown. How is this not seen as a total joke to Disney, knowing they paid billions for this franchise?

> For reference, my “worst case scenario” guestimate ($770 million) and the “best case scenario” guestimate ($1.684 billion) averages out to around $1.227 billion worldwide.

Givng him a -- what -- 120% range to be "right"? How (((Mendelson))).

Attached: My prediction, I win..jpg (628x805, 113K)

because retards kept crying for months when the first movie came out about the crossguard

so jews live in your head rent free huh

Keep in mind that until huge, fundalmental things started killing SW the fanbase used to go nuts over stuff like a lightsaber being purple or crossguards

>guy tries to make objective analysis
>incels still complain

> "Objective"

> Making sure whatever happens, he can point to being "right"

user...Johnson was going by jj Abrams outline and whatever Kennedy thought sounded good that day. If he had a good script and someone to stand over his shoulder and say NO to what he was allowed to show then it would have wotked.

First of all, Johnson went on record saying there was no outline, so someone in the circle is lying about what he had to work with. Secondly, even if you're right, all it does is make Johnson appear spineless as well as brainless.

700 million.

I'm willing to believe that jewjew did have an outline and johnson just said, "fuck it lol."

>How much will this movie make?
I'd be surprised if it makes over a billion. The leaks aren't doing it any favors.

anyway Kylo's scar is sexy and Rian is based for changing it

>anyway Kylo's scar is sexy and Rian is based for changing it
Sexy? That kind of blow should have ripped off half of his face!

Disney doesn't understand the lethality of lightsabers

>Disney doesn't understand the lethality of lightsabers
The funny thing is that they should have. If they had any brains, Rey would have just barely escaped Kylo's grasp in TFA, but nooooooo...

archive.vn/Yz0k8

imma give mendelsen 5 hits now just to annoy you

Blaze and chirut

Casian Andor

Jyn Erso

K2

Brody

I think if a main saga episode does badly it's pretty much the end for star wars as a franchise until they bring it back as nostalgiabait for prequelfags 20 years from now.
But I'm not optimistic that people will ignore IX like they ignored the solo movie. I wish they would but they won't.
I do think it won't outpace VII's box office though.

so, what are they making after this trilogy, is there a roadmap like with marvel movies?

lol

Rian Johnson's trilogy is next. Confirmed he has total/complete creative control on it.

I'm one of the few people that believe this movie might flop. It has almost no hype or momentum like TLJ did before release, it's coming off the first Star Wars movie to flop (Solo), and Disney's Galaxies Edge is DOA despite being a new multimillion dollar amusement park. If I'm right I Kathleen Kennedy is getting fired, Johnson's trilogy is be cancelled, and they might actually get this franchise back in order. We can all hope it does fail and lose a ton of money.

This shit is gonna be so woke. I'm on pins and needles.

This

>Only a billion
And that's after cooking the books.

this.

They're under scrutiny because of their accountants whistle-blowing.
They will have to be more careful with cooking numbers and ticket sales.
I think this will be the main reason the new star wars will have a significantly lower box office than TLJ.

Of course if they spend 800 million on marketing. They want a nice fade away and retire the whole mess instead of a very obvious bomb.

Kys Rian, your trilogy is never getting made. It was only to save face, because Disney hates to admit they’ve made a mistake. You and KK will soon be the scapegoats for the entire CF you turned SW into.

Hey everyone we got a nerd faggot over here!

Fuckin A user

Attached: maxresdefault (12).jpg (1280x700, 51K)

Why Princess Leia is now General Organa, and Luke’s lightsaber is now Rey’s legacy lightsaber

750MM-900MM
screencap this
they lost interest of the asian markets
one too many negros, and not enough robots

disney = money laundering
>how much will this movie make?
we'll never know

600 million bob

This. All the accounting and marketing and shilled press doesn’t mean anything when it comes to shareholders. Iger had to be honest about losses, even if every piece of media says the opposite. They just didn’t want it getting out.

>Han
Harrison Ford agreed to come back on condition he die off, he hated being associated with star wars
>This is why it's all about BB8 instead of R2-D2
That's just to sell a new robot toy

wow, you countered two of the changes! Neither negates user's post

Attached: ffDaE4S.jpg (480x270, 18K)

Mandalorian is going to succeed as will the Obi-Wan series. We could be looking at an era of exclusively streaming unless TROS does well. KK I’m sure is going to be kept on a tight leash from now on (or fired if literally everything fails) and Filoni will be in a more favorable position as well. I think it looks bad right now but Disney isn’t stupid enough to keep this mismanagement going and I think things are changing slowly.

Kill it.

>If I'm right I Kathleen Kennedy is getting fired, Johnson's trilogy is be cancelled, and they might actually get this franchise back in order
>they might actually get this franchise back in order

See now, the first two are possible. In fact I'm almost sure they will happen as soon as the Mouse can do it while saving face.
But the third can never happen. It's logically impossible. Star Wars has been irrevocably, permanently ruined by the tag team of JarJar and Rian. No good story can ever be told again in this universe. Even complete retcon is no longer possible because Carrie fucking died. That sealed the last exit: they can't even do a full redo because Carrie would need to live for that.

It's over. Star Wars is done. It doesn't matter who writes it, who directs it, who acts in it, it is logically impossible to create a good Star Wars anything ever again.

Some good points user, but I believe they could create something great potentially, but no way in hell under the current Lucasfilm management and direction. They'd have to completely restructure Lucasfilm and also have to make something special not related to the PT, OT and absolutely not to the Sequel Trilogy, which if I'm right would absolutely make it toxic to anything it touches. They'd have to do something in the Old Republic Era or do something that takes play well into the future like pic related (which is pure kino btw). But yeah, they've shit the bed with the Star Wars IP and backed themselves into a corner. I don't see them fixing this, but one can dream.

Attached: 51ZKjo5C5SL.jpg (325x500, 40K)

Cast him

Attached: Kyle Katarn.jpg (256x256, 12K)

The concept behind Star Wars is mundane in and of itself. Even the title, "Star Wars," is vague and bland by nature. The only thing the series has going for it is nostalgia and moderately good world building which is mostly because of the prequels. People are waking up to the fact that the premise, as far as the movies are concerned, is not that interesting. The only really great concepts are found in the books and video games (yeesh) and that's about it.

Oy Vey

obsessed

They will buy their own tickets. Nothing about it is illegal. It's an investment to keep the franchise from spoiling. A bomb of a main series movie would spell the end. They practically have to do it from a strictly beholden to the shareholders view point. No, this is not sunk cost fallacy. They can salvage the franchise.

this is one of those posts that should be screencapped and added to every star wars thread just so everyone knows.

holy shit this makes sense

>The concept behind Star Wars is mundane in and of itself
Mundane traditionally means of this Earth which is humorous that you use that term to describe a story based "a long time ago in a galaxy far far away". Perhaps your opinions aren't that salient after all, if you can't even get terminology correct. I beseech you to self reflect and attempt to temper your ego, for your own sake, and ours.

didn't they do this same shit for Captain Marvel and Solo?

Why do people keep posting this pic, when the El Paso shooter was pic related?

Attached: 1547248654516.jpg (940x545, 63K)

This franchise has been shit since 1999

Attached: jar-jar.jpg (807x671, 52K)

IX making half of what VII made would be embarrassing and I hope it happens

WRONG

Revenge of the Sith is the 2nd best Star Wars film. It's fucking brilliant.

Seeing how Rian behaves online and how he even changed the position of the scar on Darth Schoolshooter's face, and dropped tons of plot points with zero explanation, it's very plausible he threw whatever outlines JJ wrote into the trash. Also I don't think Rian reads much anyway.

No it's not, it's dog shit

They don't hate lightsabers, they hate Jedi. People with values and moral compasses that believe in something. This whole trilogys main purpose is to remove religion from star wars.

This. The "saga" ended in 1983. Everything else afterwards has been complete dogshit.

The thing that makes so mad is that there were dozens of fantastic Star Wars novels and comics. All of them were approved for continuity and the metaverse was very interesting. There were at least 10 hit movies in there ready to go. Then the remakes came and we thought it was cool. Then Episode 1 came and everything went to shit

Attached: s-l1000.jpg (1000x750, 194K)

>they might actually get this franchise back in order.
>Next scheduled movie trilogy is by D&D.
Star Wars is fucked. Without the old characters, plus the new characters being shit, and lucasfilm being absolutely retarded, Star Wars falls in less than two years

Sans for some games, novels, comics and animated shows, I agree. The movies went to shit.

I hope you're right user.

Nah, they won't be able to get away with that shit again.

Attached: Dobson_StarWars.jpg (1242x1491, 790K)

Seethed nerd.
Im fine with it, removing that stupid smurf and borgs was ok

I'm Chad. I was 12 years old when I gave up on Star Wars.. Episode 1 taught me that stuff like this isn't worth anyone's time and I moved on to girls.

This is my guess too
I would love to say this but it’s still Star Wars. It couldnt make worse money than a marvel flick

This dude has a mutilated dick lmao

Sounds logical. Any sauce on the contract claim though?

Which is less than half a billion of profit when you account for theater's cut (and who fucking knows if that even covers budget plus marketing). So basically barely recouping their losses from Söylo on a movie that would be making Avengers level shekels if they hadn't fucked it up. Lmao, serves them right for fucking it up.

Attached: 1527798514558.jpg (1280x720, 67K)

keep sayin it

What Disney? You told us not to show up and spend our money? You told us you didn't want our tickets, our time, and our film history. You told us to stay home.

Attached: 6aw3vw8uep501.jpg (1200x676, 101K)

There was a story about a film festival of some sort that wanted to screen the OT, and asked Disney and Fox, but the studios told them to go ask Lucas himself, which seems to imply he still has some kind of control over the old stuff.

There was also how Galaxy's Edge was supposed to be OT based but barely has much references to OT and PT stuff (it's there but rare); all primarily ST stuff instead. This is unusual as the merchandise move post-TLJ and Solo is to quickly veer back into doing more OT stuff in some way (Hasbro doing retro packaging for stuff)

He gets 25 percent of OT or Prequel stuff from disney. Thats why they have done so many shitty redesigns

If they were smart they'd do a Bane/Zahanah trilogy but they are fucktarded so they won't, and if they did, they'd fuck it up somehow, like changing Zahanh's race/gender.

Kathleen Kennedy feminism garbage is a scapegoat and you fell for it.

She's just another suit who doesn't give a fuck about SW or integrity and is simply doing what the higher ups a telling her to do. That's probably why she got the position in the first place.

CAN YOU IMAGINE COMPUTERS
WII GAMES
BIKE PUMPS

now that's out of the way

>random retard on Yea Forums
>or data, research, and every news media outlet in the country
gee I wonder which is more accurate

Damn I remember that book, and the essential guide to characters. I need to get my hands on the pre-Disney versions, my childhood copy was ragged and dog-eared and I think one of my brothers has it since we shared all our shit.

OH NO NO NO NO

Attached: o6rxwmkv9pi11.jpg (916x753, 89K)

>Keep in mind that until huge, fundalmental things started killing SW the fanbase used to go nuts over stuff like a lightsaber being purple or crossguards
Do you remember Star Wars, Mr. user? It’ll be winter soon. And the theaters will be in kino. And the movies will be listing on the showing screens. And they’ll be showing the summer movie previews on the silver screen… and watching Star Wars with popcorn and cream. Do you remember Star Wars?

Attached: 3bb2a2979f5390439c98627eba81376d.jpg (1920x800, 97K)

It will make more than Solo but less than Rogue One. The audience is tired of Disney's bullshit but a lot of people will show up just because it's the end of the nu-wars trilogy.

On the other hand though, look at what happened to Dark Phoenix. That was the end of the X-Men franchise and no-one gave a shit about it. Everyone knew it was going to be a trainwreck and the behind the scenes saga mirrors Rise of Skysquatter eerily, with conflicting directions, script changes and last minute reshoots. All that shit did not impress audiences, and I think the Last Jedi will be the same way. The only question is whether or not ROS falls on its face out the door like DP did.

If ROS does not open big it's going to tank. It is not going to have legs, and there's no way it opens as big as The Last Jedi due to the rollover effect (which also hurt GI Joe 2, TMNT Out of the Shadows, and Star Trek Beyond). A movie can make money and still rub audiences the wrong way, and even if the sequel course corrects it is often times too late to repair the brand.

Attached: Disney Star Wars story.jpg (859x516, 202K)

>Kathleen Kennedy is getting fired
Hollywood executives don't get fired. They fail upwards. She'll be ushered out but they're give her a distribution deal for her own company or make her head of another division at Disney.
Seriously, they never get fired.

Idgaf, I already sat through Disney’s stupid team killing Star Wars off last film, I’m not spending more $ to drag it out for a further 2 hours yet again. The prequels were bad enough... Star Wars is three pretty good late 70s space adventure films, followed by 40 years of bad attempts at cashing in, and Rogue One as the only prequel (or sequel) it needed.

*4th best

>That was the end of the X-Men franchise and no-one gave a shit about it.
Because nobody really gave a shit about the X-Men. Not really. That said, I wonder how many people actually give a shit about Star Wars anymore, it's hardly a topic for discussion anywhere I go - shocking how Disney was able to rape something so quintessentially American so thoroughly.

>It will make more than Solo but less than Rogue One
So between $393 million and $1 billion?
Way to narrow it down.

damn he's actually a fatass

Star Wars ended in 2005 for some, others in 1983.

Just happy we had it at all.

the only director who can save nuwars
give him full creative control
R rating

Attached: kino.jpg (377x500, 65K)

I'm so glad I'm not bald.

Nah inflated it will barely break that I doubt

Star Trek fan here, just a quick question. Why can't in a whole Galaxy's worth of potential on it's own, can't Star Wars tell anything but the same story over and over again? That's really kind of sad and pathetic. I'm not gonna stick around to read any replies, I just came to laugh at anyone who ever liked this trash in the first place. Qapla' niggers

Solo is unironically based

Seriously. Who gives a shit about the fake races of fake characters in a fake story. What a bunch if fucking losers to have nothing more to bitch about that the fucking equivalent to a Buddhist monk wasn’t a white male like themselves. “Ohhh I’m not being represented sufficiently what ever shall I do”, fucking pathetic dipshits.

I would literally twist your head off if I ever met you. Fuck RLMlets. This shit is YOUR fault.

People forgave the franchise with Days of Future Past, but then Apocalypse came and tanked. They still had the Deadpool movies and Logan which did decently. But Dark Phoenix kept getting pushed back and had a lot of bad rumors around it.

It does bother me that you can put a blindfold on and pick out any two Star Trek episodes or movies out of a hat from all 50 years of that show, and never get two stories anywhere near as identical as every fucking Star Wars film ever made.

It can, that's what the Extended Universe was for. Disney got rid of all of that because and because JJ Abrams is an unoriginal hackjob that can't write a coherent narrative without somebody else directing it. Remember Star Trek and how, after going through great pains to explain how this is a NEW timeline with NEW possibilities... They literally retread Wrath of Khan?

Mandalorian is dead on arrival
>faggot brackets

>Remember Star Trek and how, after going through great pains to explain how this is a NEW timeline with NEW possibilities... They literally retread Wrath of Khan?

I don't understand something, why is Into Darkness so highly regarded? it just seemed shallow to me for some reason.

>I'm one of the few people that believe this movie might flop
>one of the few
>the few
>few
it's the prevailing opinion faggot.

nu wars has been irredeemable since tfa

>So Mr. Snyder, you've been recruited to do a new trilogy adapted from the old expanded universe. Are you eying the Thrawn saga, the New Jedi Order, or the Vong war?
>Why not all three?

Attached: 1461013379652.jpg (894x1000, 117K)

People are more hyped for Mandalorian than TROS.

Then again it depends on how good it'll be. I could see most people dropping it and their Disney + subscriptions if it's shit after 3-4 episodes.

Imagine being so cheap that instead of taking 75% of guaranteed money printer you attempt to take 100% of something no one wanted on a gamble that people would just eat up anything with a Star Wars logo.
How Jewish do you need to be to make such a decision?

>he thought smugly as he posted on Yea Forums on friday/saturday night.

Its not gonna work because Endgame had 3 previous movies with good to decent reception as build up a year before its premiere.
Meanwhile this one had Solo which was the first flop for SW

>How Jewish do you need to be to make such a decision?
You're talking about a company that celebrates locking their IPs in "the Disney Vault" to ensure maximum profit sales, and that's before the Live Action nonsense.

I had a chuckle last night when i saw some finn figures on clearance at the supermarket

Kennedy's issue is not just about the direct and indirect hostility toward the fanbase but a combination of it and how there's been production problems with the films.

TFA: Supposed conflicts between JJ and her (and the story group).
R1: Reshoots near the end.
TLJ: Supposedly went okay since Rian was willing to do what they suggested and they were willing to go along with what Rian did.
Solo: 80% of the film had to be reshot.
RoS: Trevorrow got fired, and if you believe the rumors Iger is the one who decided to get JJ back. Supposed rumor of more reshoots.

They are, but I've been seeing a growing number getting turned off when they heard rumors that it would be about Sequel Trilogy/Wendig stuff.

So not giving a fuck and having no integrity, like I already said. which has nothing to deal with the forced feminism or SJW bullshit, which Disney likes to use as a scapegoat whenever they massively fuck up.

>faggot brackets
rogue one was utter faggot shit that didnt even fit with a new hope

how is it even possible to be so wrong about so many things?

It's faggot shit

...then it must be the patriots!

Considering TLJ made 1 billion LESS than TFA and that was before Rian Johnson told an entire fan base to go fuck themselves, and if we include Solo being a box office disaster I’m willing to bet Rise of Skywalker makes about 900mil.

The saga ended with Empire, which got overrated years later because muh different ending and then RotJ which had the ewoks and every weird idea that would be seen again during the prequels.

>no one is hyped for nu wars shit kiddo

anyone who gives disney a cent at this point deserves the rope

Rogue one is really good. Solo suffers from being entirely boring.

Into Darkness was literally a franchise killer.
Because of it the next Nu Trek movie flopped and there will be no new cinematic releases in that blasted alternative universe.
It's not highly regarded at all.

That Dayton shooter pic is the fucking YouTuber Dunkey
What the fuck is this

all nu wars is faggot shut, reddit nigger

$1.55 billion good estimate
$150 million bad estimate following a string of shootings at the now banned worldwide JOKER film and new security measures put in place, society still is not totally ready

>It's not highly regarded at all.
rottentomatoes.com/m/star_trek_into_darkness

Critic: 84%
Audience: 89%

I mean the critic score you could explain away as being like what happened with TLJ, but for some reason the audience liked it. Or were people deciding that based on first impressions?

>Or were people deciding that based on first impressions?
Yes. They saw Benedick Cucumber and got their flashy dose of the Abrams magic and they got enthralled for a solid week. That's why Abrams has lasted so long in the industry, he's a fucking warlock with the cinematography.

>implying I'm giving Disney my money
Nah I'm pirating that shit in case I get burned again.

Rogue one was all style/no substance. Fantastically shot, great gritty action scenes and space dogfights, excellent art direction, CGI and visuals - all backed by a fucking inconsistent hackjob plot supported by a bland, shallow and completely forgettable cast. Only memorable characters from that flick were K2SO and Krennic

my cousin that is the enbodiment of the media basedboy follower stoped defending starwars
i think the franchise is finally dead
they will need to make a reboot or a time skip to fix thing up after this

The only reason you should care about how much a movie makes in the boxoffice is if you own stock in the studio distributing the movie. If not, you're just a fucking faggot.

That's the kind of thing a shill would angrily say.

you paid for shit after tfa, you're part of the problem

>K2SO
faggot shit and that cgi tarkin was atrocious.

I love star wars, disney told me to fuck myself. now i want to watch them burn.

he is employing the power of Satan, as his weapon is an inverted cross

But the ending's gonna melt my face off! Kevin Smith told me so!

5 billion.
They're gonna be deep-fryin those books

To be perfectly fair, they did build this trilogy off of nothing but nostalgia. JJ celebrated it, Rian shat on it, but neither plot would have worked without aping the OT at every turn. The new movie's only draw is pretty much Sheev who, you know, is from the OT.

And yet here you are, balls deep in a Star Wars thread. Why lie, we are all just seething fans

>who just spent a couple billion dollars buying
Disney bought Star Wars for a bit more than $4 billion

>”secret clause”
I understand that you want this retarded and unfounded rumor to be true, but I don’t think you understand how fucking contracts work.

Rogue One is a really excellent film. Best cinematography in the franchise by far, doing a Vietnam-heist hybrid movie instead of the usual Star Wars WW2 fighter-Samurai hybrid formula was interesting, great action and aesthetic and performances (except for terrifying CGI), and doesn't ruin any beloved characters.

They already did, as the Hispanic gentleman in Rogue One

>yfw you realize Jyn Urso is Jan Ors

Attached: 1555575886668.jpg (640x959, 69K)

>its aesthetic is kino
>Best cinematography in the franchise by far
this.
shit taste

Attached: rogue one kino.png (2000x1954, 3.93M)

Probably less than a billion. China doesn't care, fans are pissed, shills can only do so much.

>>”secret clause”
I assume he means in that it wasnt revealed to the public

user nailed it, fuck Disney

It's faggot shit that doesnt fit with the 6 real star wars movies, regardless of some pretty shots.

>Why would Disney hide losses?
Because they paid the 20th Century Fox buyout with 50%-50% cash-Disney stock. By blowing up the box office and the park numbers, they raise their own value and can buy other companies cheaper.

>tfw ten years ago, if you said Star Wars will get hemorrhage money to furry larp music and jumanji without Robin Williams, you'll get laughed at and ridiculed

Why does the mouse hate shekels?

Disney would never sign that contract if it had a clause that egregious and you know it.

Name the characters from memory

Jyn Erso, Cassian Andor, Baze Malbus, Chirrut Imwe, Bodhi Rook, K-2SO

Is that a fact? This makes way too much sense.

disney would have sacrificed 1000 infants to get their hands on star wars and it certainly explains all the iconic aliens being sidelined and all tge included one being altered in such a retarded fashion, that goes for the space ships and vehicles too.

Attached: 1565431599713.jpg (1702x1134, 888K)

Attached: 1565431377853.jpg (1948x4680, 1.96M)

Lack of creativity and business contracts are 2 different things.

I would forgive all of Disney’s missteps in an instant. He could actually save the franchise

slightly changing so many things for no discernible reason is very suspicious.

It was irredeemable since tfa

Fucking A.

>"Diversity" panels
What was a typical agenda for Star Wars conventions before Disney bought it?

after 900 million spent on marketing and merchandise no one will buy

2010 Celebration:

starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Celebration_V

Animation Collecting: "The Holiday Special" to The Clone Wars
Food Collectibles
The Empire Strikes Back in Trading Cards
The End of Star Wars Collecting?
Star Wars Patches
Partners In Collecting
Humorous Star Wars Items
Star Wars Collectibles Author Panel
Star Wars Collecting Podcasts
Star Wars Store Displays
Original Movie Props and Wardrobe Collecting
Vintage Star Wars Toys
Star Wars Collectors Social Hour
Star Wars Toy Prototypes
International Collecting Panel
Almost...From A Galaxy Far, Far Away
30 Years of Empire Strikes Back Collecting

>luke is christ like
Shit nigga, thats all you had to say.

Not like they could top Jedi Outcast's dismemberment mechanics anyway.

It's funny when compared to avengers:
IW 2Bn
Endgame 2.8 Bn

How could they fuck SW up this badly?

If these idiots featured luke as what everyone expected from the very beginning these movies would be makin 3B plus. How do you own the rights to one if cinemas greatest characters and not fuckin put it in a movie of youre already making a movie. The onky reason any of these idiots are good businesspeople is because they live off of old walt glory selling plastic shit for cocaine profit, otherwise these decisions are fuckin atrocius.

They thought that this shit will make billions no matter what.

>Vader cuts a dude in half in Rogue One.
Wrong. He cuts clean across his midsection but the guy falls from the ceiling in one piece. It was actually one of the shots, together with the death of Max von Sydow, where I thought "Hold the phone". The only characters to be in any way affected by a lightsaber in the NuTrilogy are Snoke and the red guard whose brain pan gets severed by Kylo. Kylo even survived taking a lightsaber to the face.

The story george write had luke showing up halfway though episode, disney jew hacks couldnt deal with him overshadowing their new characters. I was convinced before tfa that luke and leia would be integral parts of the new trilogy while the new characters transitioned to the main characters as the trilogy progressed. I thought they would sign hamill to a 9 picture deal like they did with sam jackson with marvel. Even if he only showed up for a couple of scenes per movie after episode 9, they could have milked the old fans for a good decade. Its still hard to believe disney has less business sense than i do.

Attached: 1528946567051.jpg (904x975, 106K)

>mfw I would literally prefer this to Disney Wars.

Attached: 1548881143339.gif (245x190, 844K)

Unironically he’s very similar to Lucas in a lot of ways and if he was given the right supporting staff he could easily make a great Star Wars film.