What's the best trooper armor?

Attached: trooper.jpg (1024x576, 63K)

Other urls found in this thread:

imfdb.org/wiki/Star_Wars:_The_Original_Trilogy
youtube.com/watch?v=PIrrxrIQ79U
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

3>1>2>>>>>>>>>

I really like phase 1 a lot.

The first three are good. The Disney one looks like dog shit.

Phase 1 is the GOAT.

Phase 4 is better than 3.

Republic Commando.
Arc Trooper.

Everybody else.

1>2>4

Phase 2 was the most badass

3>2>1>duck tales

2 > 1 > 3 > shit >>>>> 4

Attached: Rex approves.jpg (500x419, 22K)

The ones on Kayshyyk because they're wearing camo and actually look like soldiers.

Attached: 7cf57dfb24e4047a00a70e81a0a41e10.jpg (236x596, 21K)

YES COMRADES WELL PLAYED SUBVERTING YES!!! KEEP UP SUBVERTS MAKE AMERICAN ANGRY YES YES MORE SUBVERTS MORE MORE YES!!!

Attached: SUBVERTSKI.png (282x325, 98K)

I think TLJ is dog shit, and I think TFA is too to a lesser extent.

Their Stormtrooper designs are still better than the OTs.

What’s the difference? You can’t see out of any of them enough to get a clear shot

Attached: 4DD75A62-3AB5-48D9-8B82-96BF05BD929B.gif (516x250, 434K)

>high speed assault bikers wear blinders

Sorry user I'll post one that looks completely different.

Attached: sith_trooper.jpg (1024x576, 107K)

The medical troopers

Attached: medical troopers.jpg (1366x768, 214K)

The Disney version would look alright if it didn't remind me how god awful the Disney SW movies are.

The original Storm Trooper armor always reminded me of the Mighty Ducks hockey mask and I like that. Very cool.

Thanks 2-1B surgical droid.

YOU FELL FOR THE OLD JOKER GAG, REBEL SCUM.

This design is honestly impressive in how it manages to be so ugly and over-designed while STILL being another generic stormtrooper but edgy and red.

The Sith draw their power from the dark side. The dark side feeds on pain and fear. Ergo, the Emperor makes sure his troops are terrified and die in agony whenever possible.

Thanks medical troopers

Go back to r*ddit

they all look the same.

>needing peripheral vision

Between this, and Kayshyyk scout trooper.

Attached: Galactic_Marine.jpg (624x831, 31K)

Attached: 492rD.jpg (600x316, 42K)

2>3>4>1

Attached: d63eaedc615c33ea33ea9d23bff07147.png (585x1179, 793K)

Did they ever explain why it had to be white, which is an impractical military uniform color, atleast for us on Earth where dirt is brown and trees are green.

Sequel's helmet doesn't even look that bad but the chestplate is trash.

Phase 1.
The duck troopers are the worst.

Attached: duck troopers.jpg (1080x608, 374K)

what are thooooooooooooooooooooooose

Why did only the non-sequel disney films actually had good designs?

Attached: shoretroopers.jpg (1300x650, 62K)

Attached: shareblue troopers.jpg (1536x864, 274K)

In the EU it was because the kaminoans saw a different color spectrum so to them the suits have colors they can see but to us it just looks white, and the imperial military kept the color due to tradition.

Don't forget snowtroopers.

Attached: snowtrooper_star-wars_feature[1].jpg (990x600, 77K)

This. Speaking as an old fag, I like the clone wars versions in their way. But the Disney one is like some poor designer was told to make the most generic armor possible, legally defensible and distinct for merchandising and branding purposes. There's nothing cool about it.

Because Rogue Juan was made by an actual Star Wars fan.

I honestly have no idea

Its not like the sequels don't rely on the classic designs all the time so I havent a clue why the armor is shit

I do like the first order flametrooper and pilots though

Attached: Mudtrooper.png (566x1202, 604K)

Tie pilot.

Attached: 10818499_10154830153270181_7821920428193032104_o.jpg (1281x1920, 372K)

Can't top perfection.

Attached: Scouttrooper22.jpg (273x650, 26K)

THE SITH TROOPERS! OMG, I SCREAMED LIKE A GIRL WHEN I SAW THE RED ARMOR! EPIC, JUST... EPIC!!!!

Attached: 1524300443583.png (740x724, 37K)

My vote goes to Dark Trooper Phase 0. I loved the bulk it had, plus the jump pack is based.

Not sure if the old EU ever explained it, but I always figured the all-white armor was chosen to create an imposing presence of clean uniformity.

Attached: 8514.png (750x650, 48K)

>MP40 magazine pouch
It's like how the Storm troopers in Ep 4 are carrying MG34's It's hollywood not so subtle troll.

Attached: ONSV1946A____02[1].jpg (1200x1200, 189K)

The original ST helmet is best in OPs pic. I hate the neutered Nu-wars helmet. (2 black vent holes removed = testicles being cut off)

I've been partial to the Bikerscout design. Some moments in ROTJ had the bikerscouts at the most badass stormtroopers could be.

Attached: sw-biker-scout-still2.jpg (425x327, 36K)

It also looked good against the black / dark sets they used for the deathstar. And a contrast for Darth Vader (who was already storyboarded in black)

Attached: disney troopers.jpg (221x300, 24K)

Scout gang rise up.

Attached: 1451757237403.jpg (1920x1080, 349K)

Classic Stormtrooper

Who here /scout/

Attached: 71ea603c2b677b593d90bfba176a4426.jpg (840x876, 59K)

thanks doc

Pretty sure Disney don't have to pay George Lucas royalties for storm troopers either since they made their own shitty design

thanks bacta droid

They're already in order from best to worst

They don't have to pay him for anything now. He sold it all to them.

Droids

that guy has been posting the exact same thing in every thread. he posted that in a drumpf thread

This
>wanting your army to look like bunch of faggy snowboarders
Scoutfags should be really gassed. Plus troopers looks like wrustlets and manlets in that armor

fuck OFF newfag

i always thought the TFA trooper was alright, but it looks like total shit now that i see it with the others in the pic

Phase 2 is the absolute best, and so are every single one of its variants.

Thank god they cancelled Raimi's movie. What was he thinking, FFS...

Attached: design from cancelled Raimi Star Wars movie.jpg (667x1000, 83K)

it's just not star wars. it's too sleek, the helmet doesn't make any sense

I never liked how the Clone Troopers look like more advanced versions of the armor that's supposed to succeed them.
I really don't like how the First Order helmets don't look menacing at all, but the body looks good.

The :3troopers are awful. They match the impotent lameness of the first order perfectly though.

Phase 4 is literally just phase 3 reimagined by faggy Apple store minimalists

They do. It's the reason they prefer to use their Deviantart OC donut steels and killed off the OT cast asap and avoid the prequels

JJ abrams unironically said the Disney trooper cesign is inspired by the iphone and apple products

My nigger
You're a fag but you're okay

1>3>2>

Attached: Phase_1_Clones.jpg (500x311, 38K)

Thanks for the bacta, doc

>Klanylo Ken

I was hoping for Birth of an Empire

thanks, Doc

this is the GOAT , ATACS scout armor

3 = based, 2 = good, 1 = ugly, 4 = cringe

Just like the Enterprise from the JJ movies. The bridge was like an Apple store.

i hate the giant fin on the phase 1 troopers

I think in the old pre-disney EU they wanted the enemy to see them coming, to know that their defeat was imminent

garbage taste

extremely problematic taste

A lot of people say they do but I won't pretend to be an expert. What I do know is Disney is focused on branding. They want you to know it's nu wars at a glance.

Choose

Attached: Sith Troopers Compared.png (1667x1100, 537K)

I don't give a shit what you thought about Rogue One but at least some care was put into it. U-Wings and TIE Strikers were great too.

>Their Stormtrooper designs are still better than the OTs.
Kill yourself

t. lego collector soiboi that loves 1

I felt that his plan to give every rebel a small cap to wear on the back of their head as a "anti jedi mind trick device" was a little too on the nose.

KotOR > RoS > SWTOR

The RoS one is boring but the TOR Sith trooper might be the single ugliest sci-fi armor I've seen in my life.

Do these fuck your ass?

meant for

Middle
No contest

those guns look so fucking bad, its like they want dude bros audience to play next battlefront game.

Nuwars stormtrooper helmets always make me think of Leon's face in pic related.

Attached: d84.jpg (680x680, 107K)

Tacticool is the worst aesthetic. Let me guess-every computer display from now on willbe some faggy crystal clear hi def projected hologram they clunkily swipe through like those fags in The Expanse too.

>Trying to explain to people that the mouse is one of the most efficient ways to navigate GUIs ever and that waving your hands is fucking retarded

Rule #39: Never say no to a daily dose
thanks doc

Because in universe terms the stormtroopers weren't rank and file soldiers, they were the elite of the elite used for only the most important missions. Like the SS if you're a reichfag or space marines if you're a hammerfag.

In movie making terms white contrasts better with the dark navy blue and black sets.

2>3>4>1

Attached: 32032337991_1b707607e2_b.jpg (589x1024, 90K)

2>3=1>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

OT armor is the best, but the prequel armor is cool too, the first one. New stormtroopers look fat and stupid.

thanks doc

Now this guy right here is the coolest. The waistcape and torso armor combo is pretty chill, and the bucket/goggles/scarf combo makes him look like an ice cold motherfucker. I'd definitely think twice if he told me to freeze.

>sealed environmental suit
>fur cloak
why?

It doesn't help that half the nutroopers didn't have armor that fits them right so the "chin" of their helmets touched the top of the chest piece, making it impossible for them to look or down and side to side. Fucking look at this dude

Attached: trooper.jpg (698x672, 65K)

A Jango clone underneath the snow helmet.

Attached: Jango_OP.jpg (1024x1450, 278K)

>I never liked how the Clone Troopers look like more advanced versions of the armor that's supposed to succeed them
Funny, I always felt the opposite. The clone armor always looked way more rigid and uncomfortable to me than the stormtrooper armor. Part of that is no doubt cause the clones were all CGI versus the stormtroopers being actual costumes but I still figured it was intentional.

For me, it's the Special Ops Trooper

Attached: Spark.png (612x816, 347K)

Why were the clone troopers in TCW so cute?

>Calls one of the chadest sport subculture faggy
>Probably a social-disaster dyel neet himself
Fuck off vermin

every single trooper design from the movies and cartoons is good with the exception of the basic first order stormtrooper
the same thing applies to vehicles - all the ship designs are good with the exception of the basic first order tie fighter

fight me

Attached: bullies.jpg (478x359, 73K)

Sneed armor

I read before that the suits were all designed around Boyega's bizarre figure since he was the most important person who would be wearing one. I don't know if that's true.

Thoughts on the Mandalorian design?

Played it too safe or do you think its alright?

Attached: the_mandalorian_768x607.1538612427.jpg (1200x800, 95K)

the ship design across the board in the sequels is abysmal, half the designs are straight rehashes and the other half are ugly and uninspired

get a load of this pleb

Attached: fcb8aaa6-9e5b-4568-a310-957b20f77555.jpg (3130x2067, 763K)

I like it though I would have preferred maybe a bit more silver on the armor to break up all the brown. But it's pretty cute how they're lifting things from the holiday special like the pronged rifle and the pistol.

Attached: Boba-Fett-Cartoon1.jpg (630x339, 72K)

Ep III

Can't unsee the OwO face on nu-troopers.

Clone Gen 2.

>owo face
where?

If the face plate wasn't so long this would be perfect

these all look like first year production designer rejects

Attached: image_032ed6df.jpg (304x410, 36K)

Phase 1 looks like an impassive face that will gun you down without a single fuck given
Phase 2 looks like an angry face that's looking forward to gunning you down
Phase 3 looks like a businesslike face that is happy to gun you down but doesn't really give a shit
Phase 4 looks like a OwO what's this? face

Doc, I think I need a stronger dose

I heard that the ones in TFA are different than the ones in TLJ (not that I am sure since I rarely get the urge to watch it for any reason), but I'm not sure in what way. I just hate them.

The 201st Galactic Marines are very based.

Attached: 201st.jpg (3008x2000, 448K)

very cute

Underrated

There's something quite insidious about the Disney designs. At a glace they look like the thing you remember, and then you really analyse them, and realise they're just barely alike, and look a whole lot worse.

I'm not a star wars enthusiast but I like the last one. I imagine there's a reanimated corpse inside it.

Honestly as much as I hate nuwars, the new costume designs are best and kino as fuck.

The art/visual people are doing their jobs, the writers and actors and rest of them are not.

Attached: Storm4.png (193x325, 51K)

Poseurs

Attached: droid world zx3.png (500x472, 129K)

Those are cool, but the film is a feel-bad wreck.

Those are good guys right?

They're blue.

No one denies that TLJ is a positively terrible movie in every narrative respect, but you have to admit these crappy new movies have good visual design

Chewie was also carrying an mg34.
>was Chewbacca a nazi????

What's good about taking designs from the OT, and leaving them out in the sun to melt a little?

tset test tezt

>but you have to admit these crappy new movies have good visual design
Generally, overall, yes, but the spaceship designs are all derivative and sad. The new star destroyers are practically decapitated old star destroyer, X-Wings are nearly carbon copies; etc. So disappointing.

God everything about the sequels is such fucking irredeemable garbage
How did they fuck up THIS hard

Attached: 1474067917666.jpg (281x274, 9K)

i hate them all

Ya like that new X wing that's just the old one but with a different paint job. Or that Tie fighter that is actually just a TIE fighter. Or that new AT-AT that's an old AT-AT but with down syndrome. Or that new star destroyer that someone used microsoft paint to make wider. Or that planet that looks like Hoth but the snow is salt.

Attached: 1555088293282.png (1627x1704, 2.73M)

TFA in many ways was an impeccably made product, that knew exactly what beats to hit to trigger the nostalgia. It's a shit movie, of course, but it's a masterful work of manipulation.

I hate to say this, but the prequels being glorified toy commercials worked in its favor.

>rated by level of nostalgia

Attached: 1564100601686.png (1147x1080, 530K)

It's a criticism I've never quite understood. Do people not want cool looking stuff in a Star Wars movie?

I don't even remember what happened in it.

Original Clone armor I always thought was the best. Phase 2 is way too on-the-nose.

Mighty Ducks were kino. Hope they stop being faggots and actually bring back the logo and colors as their mains again.

The problem with the scouts is that they were introduced in a movie that treated them like brain dead retards. Got beer bellies like a bunch of rednecks and shit.

>GET YOURSELF A DOSE TROOPER

Fuck off with your generic star whores shit, trannies.

Make way for the real space troopers.

Attached: 1549718635789.png (811x456, 378K)

Thanks Doc

Jesus christ raimi

Attached: marvelfags.png (199x253, 11K)

Based
>our fallen brothers sleep soundly tonight

Attached: 1566070781931.jpg (1200x861, 626K)

>implying having them crack open a cold one with the boys and cruising around on their hover harleys wasn't an intentional choice
Scouts secretly had the best job in the empire

Attached: pathetic.png (672x787, 1003K)

3>1>2>4

This is the correct answer and you know it

Attached: flat,800x800,070,f.u3.jpg (800x678, 48K)

2>1>3>4

Attached: gigachad.jpg (1068x601, 65K)

Too close to home huh?

Best post in this thread.

Attached: 1.png (1280x1021, 1.96M)

More like factual correct. But your a dumbass disneydrone

Mass Effect's fault. Minority report sort of started it in the public's eye though

Based, although I'd personally put 3 over 1 because Phase 1 is literally impossible to wear. The helmet doesn't fit on people's heads, a problem nobody noticed before because all the clones were CGI.

The only acceptable answer is literally the order they appear.

1>2>3>4

All other answers are memes or trolling.

1 > 4 > 2 > 3 unironically

Based

Attached: Clone-Troopers_76eb5caf.jpg (960x540, 58K)

maybe if you're braindead

2>3>1>4

The only correct answer

>it's another incels get riled up over the Sequel Trilogy completely unprevoked thread

Attached: 1530395470418.jpg (512x564, 41K)

This desu. First phase by far the best, looks absolutely kino. Second is a fair step down but still looks great. Third is almost as good as second. Fourth is retardedly bad.

It knew it's audience.

Bacara was bae

patrician

Imperial Stormtrooper, all the way.

The fact that I am a Galactic Empire fanboy has nothing to do with it!

>Sequel Stormtrooper in the shadows
as it should be
>Phase 1, ST(ANH), 2, Commando, Arc, Sequel

Attached: kgwehojvtt111.jpg (493x481, 17K)

Attached: 01FEBDDA-DEEC-469C-908B-D0593622CF87-5954-000008845A60536A_tmp_1024x1024.png (640x965, 593K)

3 > 4 > 1 > 2
eyes > cyclops

Thanks doc

Dilate

Very based

Death Troopers were tacticool but they looked cool as hell

Otherwise, probably the red Arc trooper armor and republic commando

Attached: 5c934ed62300004b00ae75ee.jpg (630x315, 31K)

Nerds

I won't fuck you.

Attached: Sith_army_invasion.jpg (1161x621, 222K)

Phase 2 is the most intimidating

They want to play it safe design and story wise, and then they completely cut themselves in a corner with episode VIII

At least prequels had cool designs and settings, multiple Jedi, a shitload of clone troopers variants and so on. The sequel trilogy looks like a bad rip-off

To be fair, no matter what they do autistic fans will be go on retard mode anyway but still, they're creatively bankrupt

Attached: LZFFwXC.jpg (1920x1080, 509K)

No, for what it's worth, Jurassic World did a better job than TFA

Can't stand the NuTroopers smug smile.

Underrated post

Danke doktor

Except the Nebulon-B Frigate was an OT design you absolute fucking brainlet

the black one in rogue one

I didn't make the fucking image genius

Are you retarded?

Attached: trooper-log-10-06.jpg (1920x1080, 301K)

Then maybe don't post retarded shit?

yawn

Jurassic World was utter abysmal shit, at least TFA felt and looked like a Star Wars movie.

To look smooth as hell

Stormtroopers in 4 also have MP40 mag pouches on their shoulders.

Wait there were two versions of prequel armor? News to me.

Scout Trooper > Phase III Darktrooper > Phase II Clonetrooper > Imperial Stormtrooper > Shadowtrooper > Phase I Clonetrooper > Phase II Darktrooper > Snowtrooper > Phase I Darktrooper >>>>>>>>> FO Stormtrooper

Yeah, just like the TIE fighter and the X-Wing.
That's the whole point of the image, you tard.

For some reason, disney still manages to make them look uglier.

TFA took the biggest shit on a franchise.

At least Jurassic World had cool new concepts

You've never watched Revenge of the Sith, I take it, then?

based

I have. Just didn't notice a difference.

user didn't say it made sense, only that it had the look and feeling down. Which I second.

Bless Rogue One for everything that isn't its non droid characters.

Based Commandos

That's some advanced facial blindness.

I hate Rogue One, but its troopers and droids are top notch.

The TIE-LN and T-65 in the OT are different designs from the NuShit. Do not fucking even start and say that's anything but a shot of the Redemption from ESB, MAYBE a shot of one from ROTJ. The nu-designs are inspired copies, while that Nebulon B is literally from the OT not from the sequels like everything else

What the fuck, when is 8 coming back up, I need my /sw/

2>1>3>4
I always thought the clone armour was much cooler than any of the stormtrooper ones. Order 66 age clone armour was the GOAT, badass but still with a unique charm that the first iteration of clone armour lacks

Retard. There was still tons and tons of WWII surplus at the time. That is why almost every blaster in the OT is a WWII gun with greebles slapped on it.
imfdb.org/wiki/Star_Wars:_The_Original_Trilogy

>Looks completely different to me

based

Yeah. Stormtrooper guns are Sterling 9mms.

There was a Nebulon-B2 and it looked completely different. That's literally an OT design misplaced under sequel.

Attached: 1566560370217.jpg (1920x1080, 216K)

dammit, that took me too long

t. likes his men feminine

Attached: 1542704559742.jpg (403x788, 209K)

>barrel in the dirt
WHAT IS YOUR MAJOR MALFUNCTION, TROOPER?!

Trans Inclusionary Elegance Fighter

is there a canonical reason for why there is fuck all variety?
there is less time between Episode 1 and Episode 3 (13 years) compared to the time between Episode 6 and Episode 8 (30 years)

i know war drives innovation but 30 years is a hell of a long time to come up with new shit

I agree. At minimum, kids aren't so stupid that they'll buy some fugly looking ship. Creating marketable designs is great for anyone & especially for an enormously merchandise-driven franchise like Star Wars.

youtube.com/watch?v=PIrrxrIQ79U

Thanks, doc

Based patricians

Based

For me, it's the shit trooper

Attached: 1563499729090.jpg (708x1024, 302K)

Attached: 22AB0DF1-199E-4F39-AC65-4C1DA86CDF99.jpg (475x600, 34K)

Dziękuje Doktorze

Arigato Doc

the GOATs

>tfw no kino of the shit troopers cleaning the Death Star toilets and killing poop monsters from Sheev’s diarrhea

Attached: Fordo BTFO Droids.webm (375x215, 2.91M)

The dreadnought is one of the worst ship designs I've ever seen and all the aliens look like shit.

In the beginning of WW2, a lot of the weapons and designs had been around a while, and most soldiers were wearing similar uniforms to the end of the last war. When the Japanese invaded the Philippines, American soldiers (who were a low priority gairrson outfit, to be fair) were still armed with bolt action Springfield rifles rather than the state of the art Garands, and still had the wide brim tommy helmets and uniforms.
The service rifle were practically identical, and in many cases, they were still using the same old service rifles from the last war.
In modern day, anytime we have some huge uniform or weapon change in the military, it's largely based on arbitrary administration and the need to feel "updated." But Russia and the US are still using the same weapons platforms they were using 30 years ago, with some changes.

Absolutely based, and extremely redpilled

kek

Attached: 1471674560490.gif (348x323, 2.32M)

No.

Based

Phase 2

Thanks doc

The cinematography is good, but the props, character design, ship design, and everything else is shit

idc. droids are better

Attached: 1507397534889.png (736x1056, 1.06M)

Rogue One had a lot of good designs

starwars is not for adults.

weren't the mon calamari the color spectrum race?

cheers doc

APOLOGIZE

based cis scum

Attached: giphy.gif (432x184, 2.21M)

Clone trooper armor will always be the best
You can't convince me otherwise

I never even realised the helmets changed from episode 2-3

>Tacticool is the worst aesthetic
not when done right. That special task force clone trooper deserved a sequel

Attached: star wars task force 99 2.jpg (480x480, 55K)

this