Why did Count Dooku use a solar sailer to escape Geonosis and get to Coruscant? Wouldn't that

Why did Count Dooku use a solar sailer to escape Geonosis and get to Coruscant? Wouldn't that
>A) Take fucking forever because it moves at sub-lightspeed?
>B) Make him stand out because solar sailers are rare as hell?

Attached: Dooku%27s_solar_sailer.jpg (2000x1004, 191K)

Doy engines make noise, sails don't. That's why pirates used sails.

Isn't picked up by radar in the middle of a battle. Plus, it's a christopher lee vampire reference since it looks like a bat, so it doesn't really need to make that much sense.

>hey boss some guy in a solar sailer is entering coruscant atmosphere now
>whatever must be some boomer

it wasnt a vampire reference. dooku is an aristocrat so everything about him is about style

>solar sailer
one of the very few times star wars used real life space physics

count dookie poopie

He wasn’t even going to Coruscant, there’s like 3 years between Episodes II and III. He slipped away on his yacht as a flex

>radar
Star Wars tech seems to be far beyond radar. They can scan distant ships for lifeforms after all.

I'm not sure if you're memeing but somali pirates don't use sail boats. What difference does not making noise make? And plus they're in fucking space.

Not really, if it didn't take him thousands of years to reach Coruscant

dummy he meets sidious on corusant

Such an ugly ship. Looks like a pistachio nut. Prequels had god-tier ship designs but this was not one of them.

>thousands
try millions. He's moving significantly below the speed of light.

Yes and yes. But you're forgetting that it looked cool and this is a universe where puppets can move space ships with mind magic while choosing to wield swords hotter than the sun.

Hotter than the sun isnt much of a claim, we've achieved higher temperatures in labs

"Dooku" is a fucking dumb name for anybody let alone a villain

Yeah, but it's not something you generally want in front of your face during a duel. The point is SW is not hard science fiction and doesn't try to be. So pulling threads is just jerking off. The sail ship looks cool.

georges original name for him was supposed to be count dookula

Yeah but it's also fun to nitpick.

Presumably it can hide its heat signature or some stupid shit

cringe

Agreed, its cartoonishly close to a word for poo
>Look out Obi-Wan, its General Faecos!

Fair. Jerking off can be fun.

I don’t recall

That's okay, I've seen AOTC multiple times and I can't remember what happened in it.

It's almost like that's how he came up with a bunch of names
Greedo
Sleazebaganno
Porkins
Grievous
Insanius
Savage opress
Maul

jesus, did george make these names in advance of the inevitable childrens cereal tie ins

He probably got a lift in a similar thing

Attached: 1b82dfdcb0bdede173999a1dfdc7baef.jpg (600x522, 37K)

Even at light speed, star system to star system travel would take years. Unless the SW Galaxy is orders of magnitude denser than Milky Way. At that point, the energy density would do a fucking number on background radiation and habitable zones would be non existent

Finally someone who's not a moron. And he might not have even needed a rig if his ship has a hyperdrive installed.

>hyperspace class rating
>1.5
Are you serious?

What is a solar sailor and how is it different from a normal spaceship? I don't remember this being mentioned in the movie.

Doesn't it show the ship deploying it's sail? He wouldn't do that if he was just going to jump to hyperspace.

It uses solar power instead of space petrol for non-FTL flight

>use sail to stealth out of combat zone
>hyperspeed to destination
>deploy sail to stealth into coruscant space
>blend into traffic to reach secret rendezvous

They don't mention it in the movie. But anyway since you want to be spoon-fed, a solar sail uses a giant sail (obviously) to capture solar winds, which are the charged particles emitted by stars, for propulsion. There's probably more to it than that but that's the basic concept. Sort of analogous to how a sailing ship works on earth.

The problem is, this little tribute to realism makes no fucking sense in context. Solar sails are feasible in real life but they're not something you would use for speedy transportation. It's like using a Hot Air balloon to get from New York to Los Angeles.

They stole this from Deep Space 9

how did sheev make all those secret sith rendezvous?

Remember when they had to ask George what color Yoda’s blood is?
>”hey George, during the fight with Dooku Yoda’s gonna get cut and bleed a bit. What color should we make his blood?”
>”uuuuuuh....green I guess?”
Star Wars is kiddie nonsense birthed from the mind of a guy that could give less of a fuck about anything

What color would you have said? Be detailed and use your own words.

According to the autismpedia it uses "stray space energy" and not solar power, so why it's called a solar sailor is beyond me

and Deep Space Nine was stolen from Babylon 5

As previously mentioned it works if you're trying to be stealthy and not leave a hyperspeed trail right to your sneaky boss's doorstep. Kinda important when you know the top-tier Jedi is in the next room and would make sure they try to track your shit.

Heavily encrypted holograms, body doubles and mindless guards.

Stray space energy is layman terms for what said.

Attached: Can't Contain My Spin.webm (1920x1076, 1.43M)

It's a well-known fact Lucas had the auts. Remember when he made up new names for characters who were recast? Despite them looking 100% identical, same makeup, same costumes.

That was a presumption for comparison by Mike Stoklasa, wasn't it?
That didn't literally happen, though it may as well have.

>use sail to stealth out of combat zone
Still makes no sense. Why waste any time pretending to sail around for a little while when you're above a planet hostile to the republic? Just immediately jump to hyperspace.

Plus his ship isn't invisible, it doesn't have a cloaking device. Just because it doesn't give off engine heat doesn't mean it can't be tracked by bioscanners or the SW equivalent of radar. Plus it's probably not totally immune to thermal detection anyway, the sails would have signature, they're absorbing solar radiation after all.

with his cloak

Blue, because that and red are literally the only colors blood can take unless you want to rewrite how oxygen and physics work in Star Wars
If I had to pull a George and make some dumb shit up i’d Just go with black because edgy

>Just because it doesn't give off engine heat doesn't mean it can't be tracked by bioscanners or the SW equivalent of radar
Mate, Star Wars literally has fucking windows on their ships, radar and bioscanners don't even come into it when he's literally flown right off the planet under attack. I guess Palpatine prepared a cordon where no one would be or some shit

is that what you tell yourself when you wear your fedora and trenchcoat?

What if it was an homage to Vulcan blood you neurotic faggot?

>implying George likes Star Trek
>When he named the evil green bugmen “Nemoidions” after Leonard Nemoy

This.

Star Wars lore is for sub-80 iq retards.

That probe or whatever theres a 40,000 page wikileaks article on? Yeah, its s spray painted hubcab they had lying around when gluing together the original models.

All that George and now Disney cared about is whether or not it could make them money.

Attached: 1.jpg (2000x1333, 697K)

CO2 emissions

>Stray space energy is layman terms for what # said.
No they actually mean “stray space energy”, it’s an ancient mystical hyperspace technology created by some forgotten alien race that sails on magical undetectable space wind.

>He's a Count
>of the richest persons in galaxy
>he choose the limousine over some fast """ship""" of that fictional universe.

Attached: Dooku escape.webm (936x400, 2.98M)

Dooku often valued style over practicality. Remember, we are talking about a man who, while still a Jedi, mastered a lightsaber fighting style which was basically extinct at that point and "underpowered", since it was mainly focus on fighting other Force-users, something which basically never happened to a Jedi at that point in history. And why did he learn it? Because he considered it elegant.

This story is made up. There's a veritable shit ton of such false fairy tales becoming "common knowledge", the most infamous of which was, at least to me "everything not directed by Lucas is non canon", despite the fact that The Empire Strikes Back was neither written nor directed by Lucas.

>despite the fact that The Empire Strikes Back was neither written nor directed by Lucas.
>he doesn't know
>muh false fairy tales

Attached: Smug glasses.jpg (373x421, 40K)

the lego version looked cool

Based

It may have been the only ship available at the time. It was his fallback plan in case he needed to get off that planet ASAP, which he did of course.