Ad Astra

What did you think Yea Forums? Overall i thought it was bretty good but there was still lots that bugged me

>we never got to find out tommy lee jones' philosophy for why he did what he did
>superfluous moon pirates scene
>near instantaneous response from Neptune despite it being 4 light hours away
>baboon scene for the sake of it
>The lima project is the furthest into the solar system anyone has gone, yet it only took mcbride 79 days to reach them. In the 13 years since the mission went missing why has no one else gone that far?
there were a few other noticeable inconsistencies in the film that escape me too

Attached: Ad_Astra_-_film_poster.jpg (220x326, 99K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ncKW6ZoQctQ
youtube.com/watch?v=uNg13Ju5HN8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I'm seeing this in one hour so i'm excited, i really like Gray. This one has changed ending and wife character added, there is also a rumour that there was a second director who did some reshoots without Gray's permission and Gray fought with studio over that. I don't know whether that's true but i wouldn't be surprised.

tell me if this one's worth going to the kinoplex for RIGHT NOW
(alone, obviously)

are the voiceovers studio meddling? it's so grating

>guy is shaking, face looks stressed
>Pitt: "He's afraid"

>Lima Project, 13 years

We went to the moon in the fucking 60s and still haven’t even really gone back. We should have a damn colony there by now.

why?

youtube.com/watch?v=ncKW6ZoQctQ

Jews and "women in science" literally made progress stall. There was a time we were thinking flying cars and space colonies. Now it's about the first woman in a space station, the first woman this, the first woman that. And the only fields that are getting money is the fields that make money. What has been achieved since the 60s? The HADRON collider, a multi billions $ fucking dumb tube to detect a particle that doesn't exist. Remember when the nazi kicked the kikes out of academics they became the most advanced country in the world in a couple of years, it's not a coincidence my man.

>baboon scene for the sake of it
Why are you fuckers getting triggered by this scene is beyond comprehension. You don't like a little surprise in your film?

because it's schlocky and doesn't fit, also one monkey took out an entire research team?

>(alone, obviously)
I'd go with you user

Attached: 1561311534171.jpg (423x423, 44K)

actual retard lmao

>also one monkey took out an entire research team?
Yeah, what's difficult to believe, it was pretty wild.

Women and jews ruined science unless you think iPhone 52 and global warming probes are progress.

you forgot the brown woman on mars being a one dimensional and very convenient plot device

Based retard.

Jews did some shit to our civilisation but not all of them. It's not because there were "women in science" that the space race collapsed, it was because both America and the USSR left the space race because it wasn't beneficial.

>What did you think Yea Forums? Overall i thought it was bretty good but there was still lots that bugged me
>>we never got to find out tommy lee jones' philosophy for why he did what he did
He went coocoo because no ayylmaos so that went out the window after he killed the crew trying to leave
>>superfluous moon pirates scene
Kino and realistic given the scenario
>>near instantaneous response from Neptune despite it being 4 light hours away
Yeah that was silly but Hay this is the future muh tech bla bla
>>baboon scene for the sake of it
Silly but a kino scene after it with brads debrief meant to talk about man's eternal internal rage primal shit
>>The lima project is the furthest into the solar system anyone has gone, yet it only took mcbride 79 days to reach them. In the 13 years since the mission went missing why has no one else gone that far?
Kinda like event horizon it was wrapped in so much red tape they just mothballed it till the movie started with the radiation events
Command would have been perfectly fine leaving them all to die on some whackadoo project
>there were a few other noticeable inconsistencies in the film that escape me too
Like the asteroid scenes at the end with Brad running at them full speed like blitz in siege dumb
That said the entire movie was kino and no more or less farthouse than 2001 a faked moon landing

I loved it definitely better than interstellar

Attached: Screenshot_2019-09-20-14-48-12-30-01.jpg (1080x868, 92K)

youtube.com/watch?v=uNg13Ju5HN8

Attached: 1534900107150.jpg (187x173, 12K)

It's not just the space race. With jews it's always about money, if they can't have a profit from your invention, they'll bury it and you with it.

what was the purpose of the narration? it didn't tell us anything we couldn't get from the story.

what was the purpose of donald sutherland's character? he was literally in the film for 5 minutes and then they pulled the "i can't go any further" trope

it felt like i was watching a malick film at times, as if they filmed all these random scenes then patched together a jumbled narrative out of it.

>what was the purpose of donald sutherland's character? he was literally in the film for 5 minutes and then they pulled the "i can't go any further" trope
I feel like Sutherland was supposed to show him the video where his father says what he's done on the ship. But then they added that scene with the Mars woman who shows him the final video. They said they added her in reshoots, that renders Sutherland a bit useless. They messed up the movie because we needz moar wahmen. thanks Disney.

>it felt like i was watching a malick film at times, as if they filmed all these random scenes then patched together a jumbled narrative out of it.
Not really, the plot is always moving forward. Malick movies are just meaningless experimental trash going nowhere.

I want to kill myself because human beings will never feasibly leave the solar system and we will all die when the planet is uninhabitable, a gamma ray burst happens a light year away and grazes us, an asteroid slams into us or the sun expands. Yellowstone will cause an American refugee crisis and we will see hell on earth for centuries as blowback

Just like us, Earth was created by God with a limited lifespan. Judgement Day is scheduled, Earth will be flattened.

>Earth will be flattened.
Burned, actually.

I just got back from seeing it. It was okay. I'm a bit disappointed. It's a father son drama dressed in outer space trappings. I feel like the plot was too vacant, and there wasn't much characterization towards anyone outside of Brad. It's a pretty understated movie over all.

Yeah, it for sure reminded me hard of Tree of Life. The voiceovers were basically there to give Brad more character since he really doesn't have much interaction with anyone, and to of course clue-in the less perceptive.

The baboons just looked silly. Like they stuck out too much as CGI and the whole sequence didn't feel needed. It could have been cut out entirely besides having Brad interact with the crew more. Also, jesus christ, I almost burst out laughing at the fucking Asian guy pulling out a shank and trying to knife Brad. Like of all people, it's the Asian guy trying to do some kung-fu shit.

>Also, jesus christ, I almost burst out laughing at the fucking Asian guy pulling out a shank and trying to knife Brad. Like of all people, it's the Asian guy trying to do some kung-fu shit.
I laughed at the balck woman's face getting smashed on the window.
The distressed ship sequence was not necessary but I guess they wanted to add some action and tension in the movie because normies don't like slow pace. If anything that sequence showed that the crew taking Roy was a bunch of incompetent and cowardly morons. We later don't really care about their sad fate.

Bump because i want to take my mom to a movie for her birthday and there hasn't been a drought in quality movies this bad in a long time. Should we go?

>asteroid scenes
Rings of the big planets are made of ice or snow (Carl Sagan called the billions of snowballs)

take her to a full body massage complex

I read that it is massive pleb filter, and the RT audience score pretty much confirms it. Pretty excited for it.

It's a good movie if you like Blade Runner, A Space odyssey and Apocalypse Now. If you don't like these movies, you probably won't like it.