Yes, Prime Minister

What do you guys think about it?

Attached: Screenshot - 9_20_2019 , 4_38_58 PM.jpg (999x765, 92K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=G0ZZJXw4MTA
youtube.com/watch?v=85fx0LrSMsE
youtube.com/watch?v=rvYuoWyk8iU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Pretty good.

A cynic is only what an idealist calls a realist

Still very true

pseudo-intelligent people's idea of being smart

The original and still the best. Veep and Thick Of It are good but still pale imitations.

How so?
I haven't watched Veep but Thick Of It was needlessly vicious to its characters

Isn't that a parody of the gov though? Are we suppose to think that they are smart?

you cant get better writing and better actors

Both are political satires of their time and location. However neither are as biting, as sharp or as accurate as Minister was.

Not really. Yes Minister isn't exactly biting, sharp or accurate. As shitty civil service can be, it's not an omnipresent bureaucracy making sure nothing gets done. Nor is the government as inept. But it managed to highlight the worst and also the funniest reasons things do/don't get done, the writers nailed the principles of politics, civil service and media, if not the exact realities.
As for biting and sharp, the great thing about Yes Minister is how it treats the characters with a modicum of snobbish decency so nothing too terrible happens to them (which in itself is a highlight of life in politics) which makes the show very comfy and reinforces the comedic tone.
t. political journo

>Yes Minister isn't exactly biting, sharp or accurate
show me another show with scenes like the one with the newspapers or the polls
youtube.com/watch?v=G0ZZJXw4MTA

Lots of it were based on true events. This scene for example actually occurred in Thatchers government (with less humour ofc)

youtube.com/watch?v=85fx0LrSMsE

I'm shocked /pol/ doesn't love this show as it often destroyed everyone in the EU. Though it may require too many IQ points for them to understand
youtube.com/watch?v=rvYuoWyk8iU

Depends on your judgement what you consider biting, this is pretty standard stuff in politics
/pol/ is undoubtedly full of edgelords who wouldn't appreciate a show without a swastika in it

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Yes Minister. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of political science most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Sir Humphreys technocratic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from late 20th century British civil service administrators, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they're not just funny- they say something deep about WESTMINSTER. As a consequence people who dislike Yes Minister truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Sir Humphreys obfuscation, which itself is a cryptic reference to Thatcher’s consistent lies and pompous elitism towards her own voters and the working class, north of London. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Jonathan Lynn’s genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools. How I pity them.
And yes, by the way, I DO have a Yes Minister tea set. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel governor.

Attached: sir humpy.jpg (190x270, 10K)

>I'm always in favour of giving more money to the universities
>yes, both of them

imagine the shitstorm if any current tv show made fun of this many other nations
>the germans reapplying for membership to the human race

Attached: 1388072482900.jpg (640x427, 100K)

Kino

Attached: 1558105462045.png (334x300, 58K)

this for the first time somebody used Ric and Morty copypasta and dosent sounds like parody

A current parody of the EU would be entirely possible but everyone is a humourless cunt now

Best joke

Only Murricans have this retarded "I'm so offended!" culture.