Will it be remembered as the defining kino of the 2010s?

Will it be remembered as the defining kino of the 2010s?

Attached: MV5BNGVjNWI4ZGUtNzE0MS00YTJmLWE0ZDctN2ZiYTk2YmI3NTYyXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTkxNjUyNQ@@._V1_.jpg (2764x4096, 1.68M)

Hopefully it will get pseuds to stop jerking off TDK

it will be a miracle if it's remembered at all

What happens if it turns out to be a shitty movie?

Tom Hardy was in that movie Poison or something based off a batman villain, and everyone thought it would flop but it was a moderate success and now it's iconic and talked about all the time

Literally impossible. The trailer already proved that it's kino.

Todd Phillips has already been immortalized alongside Andrei Tarkovsky and Akira Kurosawa

complete rip off of scorcese both taxi driver and king of comedy
>”No!”

Pretty much yea. The closing kino of the decade. And the best part? It's literally /ourmovie/

you mean like it did months ago?

just like how Zack Snyder is immortalized alongside Kubrick because they both have razzies

kek

Attached: 1564685935785.jpg (1024x1024, 80K)

???

I'm serious. Trailers are always worse than the actual movie. Both trailers for this movie were pure kino, ergo the movie cannot be bad.

what does this even mean

I'm putting together a team

Attached: Joker.jpg (1098x170, 126K)

i don't give a fuck about trailers, the script leaked a while ago and although I can't call it bad, it isn't very good either, above average at best.

>Bradley Cooper is producing joker
what the fuck

>Trailers are always worse than the actual movie.
Holy shit you really are retarded

Attached: 1446683469095.gif (173x267, 2.51M)

Name one example.

Sign me in, I was recently fired and I want to werewolf real hard, october 3th is the date,right?

of a trailer being worse than the actual movie? that was your retarded ass assertion

Of a trailer being better than the movie brainlet.

literally every trailer you fucking moron

if trailers were always worse studios wouldn't use them to market their movies

Trailers are literally famously often better than the actual movie...?

The trailer for Terminator 2 was worse than the movie T2

the fucking fuck?

Attached: 1565450048223.png (335x532, 174K)

Kek

Golden Lion

Incel: The Movie

It's already being forgotten and it hasn't even premiered yet
oh no no no

Who remembers Avengers: Infinity End War Game except for le purple man memes.

>some nobody on Yea Forums talking whether a script is good or not

Going to see this with my mum

Bruh

underrated

Are you going to use your mom as a human shield? Goddammit, user

The script is 7/10.

It's kinda sad that Tree of Life came out so early in the 2010s and watching it it was made clear that nothing in the 2010s would surpass it

just like how TLJ defined kino?

still haven't seen it. Looks too suburban and cliche.

It's not and you're retarded

The Love interest is just a Hallucination
Bruce Parents get killed by one of Joker's Follower

That's good news, because when I saw that trailer I thought "oh shit another mr. robot"

Logan
Kingsman Gold Circle

He's literally me holy shit I waited my whole life for this film

2020s will be the decade of incelcore, this is the beginning just like Iron Man and Dark Knight ushered a decade of capeshit.

Vast majority of blockbusters

It's essentially this centuries Birth of a Nation.

they should cash on it indeed, you know, like a vampire movie sum hawt tranny needs to drink the blood of 30+ year old wizards
the butthurt would be hilarious

>lost to Jojo Rabbit at the Toronto Film Festival

It's almost time, gamers. Are you stockpiles ready?

>*wins golden lion in your path*
Heh nutting personnelle marlel

Among tasteless liberals yeah

Get ready for five replies from the one sad pathetic DCuck on this site that's nothing more than the name of the worthless award he only found out about a few weeks ago

>worthless award
*Big Boy Award, according to our MCUck community

Attached: big boy awards.png (1267x217, 75K)

Why did the shills tell us that libshits would hate it? They love this dogshit yet hate actual kino like rambo last blood

>the first script i ever read was Joker

It's captured the zeitgeist

yes because of the crimes committed in its wake

Iron man 3

But to answer your question
The defining FILMS(as kino is used by plebs from Yea Forums that know nothing about cinema) of the 2010s are: The Turin Horse, The Tree of Life, Spring Breakers and maybe Boyhood

Godzilla KOTM

>Spring Breakers
Yikes
>Boyhood
YIKES

>Spring breakers
>boyhood
Lol

Well, that’s the shittiest post I’ll see today for sure

Attached: E0E5752A-104C-4E9E-8231-DE106526764E.png (750x747, 696K)

Joker is Cinēma

If you look at the directors filmography you see nothing memorable but a film called "The Hangover" and as a writer for "Borat". I haven't the slightest idea why anyone would think this is going to be a good film or even a memorable film in any way. My guess is that it will be watchable and but generally disappointing film ultimately with no sequel and forgotten similar to "You Were Never Really Here" but slightly more popular due to it being "The Joker" character who is very popular for some reason. This is all sort of obvious from the clips and the trailer.

Attached: filmography.png (2073x1173, 378K)

You could’ve said the same thing about the showrunner of Chernobyl. This is really moronic post

Borat is one of the top 3 comedies of all time.

Isn't it going to be basically just Falling Down but for zoomers?

Sorry that was a post for people that were part of Yea Forums before the 2014 reddit invasion, 2017 meme tourists.

no. i've seen it. it's good, but it's not what people are expecting it to be

>he unironically defends Boyhood
Are you a WB shill false flagging? Because I want to watch this movie after reading your posts

Why is it different than we expect it to be?

How*

Don’t you have more Harmony Korine trash to be humping right now?

>maybe Boyhood
You can watch this reddit capeshit all you want, teenbro from Yea Forums. That isn't the point of my answer to OP and you not understanding this alone proves you don't understand cinema beyond some surface level twitter bait ideals.

Yeah Man of Steel had a good trailer too bub

I'm pretty sure that's mostly due to that Cohen's performance and not the writing.

Chernobyl was heavily promoted on HBO when Game of Thrones was in its final season. Game of Thrones was one of the most popular television shows in history. It's not surprising that a lot of people watched it, especially since the ending was such a disappointment and people were looking for something else to watch. It did have good cinematography and a pretty interesting soundtrack though.

S E E T H I N G

there's nothing special to it regarding anything... the actors do a nice job but other than that it's kinda bland...

it IS better than 90% of the shit that came out this year tho

>won a Golden Lion
>have no idea why people think it's gonna be good

>t. Marvelcuck tranny

Attached: 1568175313303.png (600x584, 147K)

But that is what I was expecting.

lol

"The Shape of Water" also won a golden lion just two years ago. I'm sorry, this is simply not a good barometer to use for judging what will be a good movie and what will not. Additionally, almost every film that has won a "Golden Lion" of this decade are films I have not even heard of:
- A Pigeon Sat on a Branch Reflecting on Existence
- The Woman Who Left
- Somewhere
- From Afar
I have never even heard of these films. And the films I have heard of "The Wrestler" and "Brokeback Mountain" were, I guess, memorable. But they weren't particularly amazing films. I guess of the recent films on the list the only thing that stands out as pretty decent is "Rosencrantz & Guildenstern Are Dead" which was pretty cool, but that's mostly because if you put prime Gary Oldman and prime Tim Roth as the main characters in almost anything it would probably be pretty decent.

>films I have not even heard of

Sounds like a you problem, you humongous pleb.

>hasnt heard of Roy andersson
>hasnt heard of Lav Diaz
>hasnt heard of Sofia Coppola
That's not to say that Golden Lion isn't necessarily a meme, and I doubt The Joker is that good, as much as Shape of Water wasnt really good
BUT
Fucking end yourself plebeian

I guess. I don't think most people have heard of these films though, that's my point. I haven't heard any of these films discussed here or anywhere else. I guess that makes me a "Pleb".
Yeah, whatever. I haven't heard a single person online even discuss any of those films. It may be worth a watch though, but if "The Shape of Water" and "The Wrestler" are any indications of the barometer of quality for this "award" I doubt they will be very good. I could be wrong though.

>Venice is not a good festival because I am a pleb
holy shit the absolute state of this idiot

>he scare-quotes ""award""

Attached: this-is-not-a-cat.jpg (638x596, 158K)

Nope. For simple fact that is has forced diversity bullshit in it.

Attached: 1565026567434.jpg (586x896, 195K)

this movie is going to bomb hard

>forced
>no more than two original characters

You're dumb.

Goddamn this was good.

It's much easier to fail than to succeed. Joker will go down in history

Writer/Creator of Chernobyl also worked on The Hangover. That's the most meaningless critique I've heard

The one that you live in.

Do you think The Shape of Water and The Wrestler were such good movies that they deserved an award? I don't.
Hence the quotes.

Look. I know you guys really want The Joker to be a good film, and I hope it will be because I like good movies also, I'm just saying I don't think it will be amazing. It will more than likely just be "ok". I'm sorry, "The Hangover" and "Borat" aren't even my personal top 100 list of films and I have zero respect for Golden Lion, for reasons I've already stated. And Chernobyl, as I stated before, was being advertised like crazy on the same streaming service (HBO) during the final season of one of the most TV popular shows in history. None of this adds up to a legendary film or anything amazing. Also, a lot of people have already seen and reviewed the film and most people say it's "meh". I'm not going to get psyched for this film and you can throw all your gay snark at me it won't change anything. It is what it is.

Cringe

Mega-cringe

SPREAD THE LEAKS MOTHERFUCKERS

TL;DR
You are GAY