Were The Beatles really big enough back then to warrant having their own movie?

Were The Beatles really big enough back then to warrant having their own movie?

Attached: p10514_v_v8_aa.jpg (960x1440, 149K)

Other urls found in this thread:

duneinfo.com/unseen/jodorowskys-dune-uncovered/16
youtube.com/watch?v=45cYwDMibGo#t=2m2s
youtu.be/J79LRko8sG4?t=231
youtu.be/kWFehaQEMYI
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Hard_Day's_Night_(film)
youtube.com/watch?v=ap87QgZKTNw
youtube.com/watch?v=sezVApK9rTk
youtube.com/watch?v=Us2Hy2c52Ho
youtube.com/watch?v=MOHYq2KNlHY
youtube.com/watch?v=NxyOhFBoxSY
youtube.com/watch?v=ulNNsJlnqh8
youtu.be/cK5G8fPmWeA
youtu.be/MZ3Vh8jZFdE
youtu.be/pHNbHn3i9S4
youtu.be/HtUH9z_Oey8
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Moody_Blues_discography
youtube.com/watch?v=jCimFNBL0F0
youtube.com/watch?v=bE9F5HvIkRQ
youtube.com/watch?v=mXYLUD9dtFA
youtube.com/watch?v=JkuPyQw1w4c
twitter.com/AnonBabble

yes

I'd honestly would have loved to see movies starring The Strokes, Sonic Youth and LMFAO

If you want to talk about this movie then just say. I don't have time for bait. The movie is great and probably one of my favourite 60s films

Paul is dead.

the film is mostly just the boys fucking around doing stupid shit so it's not like it cost anything to make

they had more than one, zoomzoom. And yes, have you seen the videos of teen girls screaming in the stadium so loud you can hardly hear any music?
this

Attached: 1542122185467.jpg (576x413, 44K)

Why was HDN so funny and help less good? Was it the switch the color? The fact that it actually had a plot that was a bit ridiculous?

Wow, I just realized Hard Day's Night has the same acronym as Hyperdimension Neptunia.

>All coppers is villains, me boy.
>Would ya like some tea?
>leans in
>crafty villains!

Even The Monkees had their movie

HDN actually has a plot. Iirc Help was just a bunch of random scenes put together.

They were insanely big. As big as the 60s. They practically were the 60s.

Watch the Beatles Anthology documentary series, it's on piratebay.

I haven’t seen the film since I was 10. I thought that it was pretty kino. Also a great album.

They hated making Help! and spend 90% of the filming stoned

They were bigger than Jesus.

*burns your records*

I heard this was actually misquoted or something so the rage about it was even dumber than initially thought.

He meant that kids cared more about pop culture than religion.

He merely pointed out (correctly) that there were more Beatles fans on the planet than Christians.

I fucking love this movie

>A Hard Days Night: Kino
>Help!: Meh
>Yellow Submarine: Kino
>Let it be: Meh

Attached: giftest.gif (500x500, 119K)

Yellow Submarine > A Hard Day's Night > Help!
simple as.

>they wanted to make a Lord of the Rings movie with John as Gollum and Stanley Kubrick as the director, but Tolkien lived next to a Beatles cover band that was making a racket, so he told them to sod off
the most bizarre story I've ever heard.

HDN had a plot, just a loosely structured one.
>Paul’s grandpa driving a wedge between the lads
>Ringo running off and eating an old sandwich
>the show starts in 10 minutes!
>best recording of “she loves you” in existence (half step down and slower tempo)

John was also supposed to be the main character of Holy Mountain but he objectrd to the anus bleaching scene.

The foothills of the headlands

but he didn't have a problem with the guy inside of a giant glass jar forced to shit into a pipe and put over a flame so the shit magically turns to gold scene.

swear to god, jodorowsky has some kind of shit fetish.

duneinfo.com/unseen/jodorowskys-dune-uncovered/16

What exactly is the point of The Holy Mountain?

I really wish we had gotten this

youtube.com/watch?v=45cYwDMibGo#t=2m2s

shitty singers/rappers today get movies. Why wouldn't the Beatles?

stop asking stupid questions

Attached: 1381112938013.gif (500x250, 1007K)

Was there more than a billion Beatles fans?

who doesn't have his own movie in this day and age

>those obvious moiments in the movie where the audio switches from movie audio to album recorded versions of songs

>watch george bump into the amp during the "If I Fell" song, and Paul start lauging

Those little moments are the best.

Just like in this Wings video :
youtu.be/J79LRko8sG4?t=231

The plateform starts moving and Paul seems to have forgoten about it and is visibly surprised but stays in character anyway.

Forgot to add the right moment : 3:50

>that bass tho
wasn't ready bros

Attached: 1566996831189.jpg (497x456, 50K)

Not him but the wings are a really neat band.
Personal fave is youtu.be/kWFehaQEMYI

The Monkees were better.
Rubber sould>Sgt Peppers >Magical Myster>Everything else is garbage

The Monkees weren't even real

what do you mean

He's ranking movies and you're ranking albums.

Your point?

>watch yellow submarine when I was a kid
>think it's okay
>watch it again as an adult
>it becomes one of my favorite animated movies
How did they do it lads

Indeed.

literal soul
And dude weed lmao

They were tv characters user. Do you think the A-team are real too?

The Monkees had a whole TV show, that's how people knew them. I guess you mean "Head" though, which came a lot later after all the Beatles stuff, and was a lot better w/ a great album imo, pretty psychedelic

>Think
I know they were real, user

Prefab four. Actor singers unlike the singer songwriters of the Beatles.

Either way, pic related is the best documentary. Beatles were aggots

Attached: doors-jim-morrison-10.jpg (500x350, 28K)

The Doors music has aged worse than other big band from the 60s.

Help kept stopping and starting to do bits. Hard Days Night actually captured the energy of the Beatles and the audience had to catch up with what was happening and not the other way round.

Attached: wrong.webm (454x446, 131K)

>no explanation, beatles are just better
Found the fag

Jim Morrisons songwriting after the debut became unfocused and the music reflected his bloated ego and self involvement by likewise becoming bloated and pretentious.

Thats how you get from Break on Through to Touch Me.

You're thinking of the Stones

Beach Boys were best

There is a smosh movie

>Morrison is The Doors
I guess, if you agree with the 20 fangirls he had in the 60s. Otherwise, you would know that Manzarek was the real genius.

>Dude, let's call our movie Head just so later they can promote another film with the tagline "From the people who gave you head"

Just how high did Jack Nicholson and co. get when they wrote the script?

'no'

20 yr old

"Head" meant you were hip and "with-it", a cool counter-cultural hippie who smoked pot and dropped acid

You could be Bach but when your songwriting partner is Kayne West; you're gonna write shit.

Cocaine...

The stones were like proto-punk and pretty garagey. If anything, they sound the most ahead of their time and still relevant besides the beach boys and the peak beatles stuff

Originally the Beatles were going to be cast as the Musketeers in the The Three Musketeers and Four Musketeers. Would have been pretty strange

Attached: 3F0F45EF-9E4F-4B61-9B63-4EE709DA66CE.jpg (393x550, 61K)

Were Slade really that popular?

Attached: IMG_6461.jpg (3710x2789, 2.23M)

>Jim Morrisons songwriting after the debut became unfocused and the music reflected his bloated ego and self involvement by likewise becoming bloated and pretentious.
He was always inspired by Arthur Rimbaud's poetry, even before the Doors. The second album was more experimental and 'psychedelic', but that's what all rock/pop bands were doing then in the 1960s, especially in 1967. I think it's superior to the debut, but not as commercial. Later on they basically became a blues rock band.

>Thats how you get from Break on Through to Touch Me.
Touch Me was written by their guitar player, Robbie Krieger, who also wrote "Light My Fire" and a few of their other, more pop-sounding songs

It's a two-way street, music and lyrics. They're one of the great songwriting teams of the time along with Lennon and McCartney

Kanye is arguably a genius himself, just in his own way

>Strange Days > s/t
Based and redpilled

John Lennon alone released more masterpieces than The Doors

In 1967 there was talk of the Beatles filming LOTR with Kubrick as director. The deal fell through, but imagine the kino.

I do think you could get an entirely diffrent perspective on the story just by shooting in Britain.

And Brian Wilson released more masterpieces than every American musical act from the 50s onward

>End of the movie reveals they were just stoned out of their gourd and their epic journey was actually travelling on foot across london

Attached: G7hgRD.gif (320x180, 726K)

>Were The Beatles really big enough back
americans where mad that british bands where stealings spotlight for american bands
white americans where mad that white american women where wetting themselves over big british cocks
americans made fun of their hair, and everyone who tried that haircuit was ridiculed, having hair like that was considered a taboo. then the late 60s happened and everything changed
then with "More popular than Jesus" it became a religion issue

at the end of the day it doesn't raelly matter because The fact that so many books still name the Beatles as "the greatest or most significant or most influential" rock band ever only tells you how far rock music still is from becoming a serious art.

>just in his own way
by that logic I'm a genius "in my own way" for wiping my ass. kanye is a hack for pseuds.

Imagine having such a shit taste

Bach was a genius for complex counterpoint in his compositions
Someone like Lennon is a genius because of his songwriting, which doesn't necessarily encompass the same thing Bach did. With modern pop geniuses and modern songwriting, you have things like the lyrical content, the production, experimentation/innovation in the realm of popular music, etc. It isn't the same thing Bach did. Likewise, Kanye does something different entirely too. He doesn't make songs on guitar or do the things the Beatles did, just like the Beatles didn't do what Bach did. He's a very creative producer and has a knack for making interesting records. He's not the greatest of all time or without his flaws, but neither was Lennon.

Beatles were a psyop and you all bought into it. Watch old footage of the girl fans screaming manically- that shit ain't natural.

Yeah, I bet the Beatles just got really high and made up a list of exotic places they wanted to visit and had the writers connect the dots.

What matters is that it's fucking kino

that's pretty close to the truth

embarrassing post

They started off as a pop band when they first became famous in the early 60s, yes, (as all acts did then or strived to do) but they didn't become 'psychedelic' until Bob Dylan introduced them to smoking marijuana and they wrote/recorded their album "Rubber Soul", and then started dropping acid and experimenting in the studio with tape loops and playing sitar and writing about spirituality. I agree that they were a kind of faux-psychedelic, manufactured, highly commercial version, but it definitely was different from what they started out as and their fanbase definitely changed from all teenie bopper audience of young girls to being largely male, and they gained more respect as "artists" or whatever rather than teenage pop. All the rock and rollers were pop though and had a large teen girl fanbase, from Elvis, to literally any act from the birth of rock and roll until even the 70s with groups like T.Rex. The Beatles were actually a lot heavier when they first started and were basically a garage rock band in Germany, but even the obscure garage bands, at least a lot of them, had aspirations of mainstream stardom and would have loved legions of young girl fans (which some had). As far as psychedelic rock, there was a lot of that commercial fake stuff after the "summer of love" and all that in 1967 (when the Beatles released Sgt. Peppers... the most overrated album in history), but there were genuine acts like the Grateful Dead, 13th Floor Elevators, Jefferson Airplane, to name a few. It wasn't all about dropping acid, although those acts definitely did, but more about experimentation, being open-minded and making strange/creative art, imo. Psychedelic not because they took psychedelic drugs but because they made psychedelic, in the etymological sense ("mind-manifesting"), art. When it became trendy you had a lot of groups pretending to be hip and acid head hippies while not actually ever having touched the stuff, wearing Indian clothes, using sitar, etc

The film came out around July of 1964. They Beatles allegedly were never exposed to smoking pot until August of that year when Bob Dylan got them stoned

Yes, it was a cheap film. There are plenty of other pop group movies from the time.

>And the Beatles were hard men too. Brian Epstein cleaned them up for mass consumption, but they were anything but sissies. They were from Liverpool, which is like Hamburg or Norfolk, Virginia--a hard, sea-farin' town, all these dockers and sailors around all the time who would beat the piss out of you if you so much as winked at them. Ringo's from the Dingle, which is like the fucking Bronx. The Rolling Stones were the mummy's boys--they were all college students from the outskirts of London. They went to starve in London, but it was by choice, to give themselves some sort of aura of disrespectability. I did like the Stones, but they were never anywhere near the Beatles--not for humour, not for originality, not for songs, not for presentation. All they had was Mick Jagger dancing about. Fair enough, the Stones made great records, but they were always shit on stage, whereas the Beatles were the gear.

>I remember one gig the Beatles had at the Cavern, It was just after they got Brian Epstein as their manager. Everyone in Liverpool knew that Epstein was gay, and some kid in the audience screamed, 'John Lennon's a fucking queer!' And John--who never wore his glasses on stage--put his guitar down and went into the crowd, shouting, 'Who said that?' So this kid says, 'I fucking did.' John went after him and BAM, gave him the Liverpool kiss, sticking the nut on him--twice! And the kid went down in a mass of blood, snot and teeth. Then John got back on the stage.

>'Anybody else?' he asked. Silence. 'All right then. "Some Other Guy".'

-Lemmy from Motorhead

A Hard Day's Night was their best album pretty Rubber Soul

wings kino
honestly lads how could john lennon even compete?

They'd smoked pot years earlier backing Royston Ellis (a sort of English 'Beatnik' poet) pre-Hamburg. Didn't do much for them.

The suggestion they didn't know about drugs is stupid. Dylan 'turned them on' to dope which isn't quite the same thing.

Attached: john.jpg (600x349, 73K)

they were real musicians and singers you faggot and based
davey jones a cute

the doors are pretentious trash, just like the who, too far up their own assholes

And MMT?

>The Monkees were better.
they were literally industry plants that set out to make the most derivative, lowest common denominator pop tunes

Music videos weren't a thing at the time so people would go to the theater to watch the band perform if they couldn't get concert tickets. It was a product of its time, obsolete once MTV came into existence

>65
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Hard_Day's_Night_(film)

"Help!", the film, came out in '65

They knew about drugs but they weren't doing them, so the claim that they were high and that that's what inspired A Hard Day's Night is dumb

For me, its Silly Love Songs
youtube.com/watch?v=ap87QgZKTNw

The Monkees made good and interesting stuff, including their hits, but especially their later material
youtube.com/watch?v=sezVApK9rTk

>they were literally industry plants that set out to make the most derivative, lowest common denominator pop tunes
You could say this about the Beatles, the Beach boys, the Stones, literally any other popular artist at the time

Music videos existed, they just weren't super popular in the same way until MTV

I don't get the appeal of the Beatles. They're the Seinfeld of music.

>industry plants
What does this phrase even mean? Every musician who's ever had a record out was part of the industry

The Byrds >The Beatles

it means to be planted in the industry.
>The Kinks was conceived in 1965 by television producersBob RafelsonandBert Schneiderspecifically for thesituation comedyseriesThe Monkees, which aired from 1966 to 1968. The band's music was initially supervised by record producerDon Kirshner, backed by the songwriting duo ofTommy Boyce and Bobby Hart.

This goes without saying

no

>Lemmy from Motorhead
AKA
>Lemmy kicked out of hawkwind
Who gives a fuck what he bullshits about.

you obviously gave enough of a fuck to reply

yes
youtube.com/watch?v=Us2Hy2c52Ho
youtube.com/watch?v=MOHYq2KNlHY
youtube.com/watch?v=NxyOhFBoxSY
youtube.com/watch?v=ulNNsJlnqh8

>The Kinks
You mean the Monkees, right?
The Kinks are great btw

yes my bad. I love the kinks too

Yeah, so every musician who's ever had a record out was planted by the record industry.

lol
youtu.be/cK5G8fPmWeA
youtu.be/MZ3Vh8jZFdE
youtu.be/pHNbHn3i9S4
youtu.be/HtUH9z_Oey8

The spice girls had their own movie ffs

no not really because most bands (I.e. ones that aren't industry plants) are formed through mutual friendship and a mutual desire to make music- whereas the monkees were formed by a corporate figurehead with the intention of making lots of money.

>pic related
>aggots

Clearly yes since it happened

Paul's grandpa did nothing wrong.

Rain is the best choice there. It should have been included on Rubber Soul, what a blunder. I'm not really a fan of Abbey Road. Tomorrow Never Knows is also meh, so stereotypically psychedelic it's cliche, although the album it's on is decent as a whole. Strawberry Fields is pretty nice, has interesting production, better than the entirety of Sgt Pepper

>Tomorrow Never Knows is also meh
you have terrible taste

I hate Zoomers so fucking much

You’re gonna try to tell me The Doors are better than The Rolling Stones. Fuck off.

JS Bach is the only individual you mentioned who has changed history, not to the extent of, for example, Wagner, but not too far from it.
Lennon wasn't even the best songriter in the Beatles.
I have no idea who this 'Kanye' is, or what they do. I doubt they could play C Major on a piano if you numbered the keys 1 to 8.

Attached: kkabu61dyej31.jpg (750x741, 74K)

>so stereotypically psychedelic it's cliche
the song literally created the stereotypes for psychedelic music ya dingus

OP was talking about Help.

yes.
this movie is also fun, it's just the beatles fucking around mostly

also Rain was made after Rubber Soul was released

>
The post.

He's awfully clean.

Not that guy but I always preferred blue jay way over tomorrow never knows

they are hardly similar at all

In this movie, what is the song they sing on the train? I forget which one it is.

Based

>ITT: Seething Beatles cucks

Beatles > TVU > Kinks > Beach Boys > Doors > Who > Stones

They are both by the beatles

based

The Beatles absolutely loved the Doors. Paul McCartney talked about them quite a bit in his autobiography. Don't be a faggot, user, it's okay to like more than one thing. Not everything has to be an us vs. them competition.

I don't blame them. The Doors were much better.
The Moody Blues>Pink Floyd>The Doors>Beach Boys
Stones & Beatles shouldn't even be on that list

why do people on Yea Forums always suck off academic music without any background in it?

>the Moody Blues
found the fucking boomer, go listen to your songs about timothy leary and drinking wine and cry about the old days why don't you

>The Moody Blues
they had one good (not great) album
please try harder

The Stooges were the best 60s band

Brian Wilson was already doing that sort of thing in 1966 when recording SMiLE, whose modular style seems to be implemented by the Beatles with Strawberry Fields
But the whole Bay Area scene had already popularized the psychedelic sound before that
And even they were inspired by the 13th Floor Elevators from Austin, who were using acid and making psychedelic music (arguably the first psychedelic rock band in history) as early as 1965

im impressed by how little this post says, bravo user.
>modular style
pure laffs

Why rate Wagner over Bach?
Lennon was the best songwriter, but I'm curious as to who you rate better

he only knows wagner and bach because he's a /pol/nigger, take a guess why he likes wagner better

Keep acting like the sheep you are and listening to the beatles because "muh hippie image"
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Moody_Blues_discography
I counted six platinum albums in the US alone

I don't even like the Beatles but the Moody Blues/Justin Hayward/Blue Jays is literal mommycore.

>popular = good
brainlet

>The Moody Blues
Looney Tunes music, fucking garbage.

>im impressed by how little this post says, bravo user.
it proves wrong
>>modular style
>pure laffs
it was created with a series of edits similar to heroes and villains, and especially good vibrations, which inspired strawberry fields, where you have separate interconnected parts spliced, you can hear it in the finished song

The Beatles > The Velvet Underground > The Mothers of Invetion > The Beach Boys > Pink Floyd (Syd era) > Captain Beefheart > Jimi Hendrix Experience > The Doors > Rolling Stones > The Kinks > Jefferson Airplane > The Who > Cream > Grateful Dead > The Moody Blues > Pink Floyd.

Surprisingly correct

They literally wrote it on lsd in Harry Dean Stanton's basement.

His next sentence was "It's sad, really."

>forgetting Revolver
Unironically use one on yourself.

>academic music
Wut?

Wagners work with harmonies is the basis for all modern era music, bar none.
Also, come now, it's widely accepted that Paul wrote the best Beatles songs.

based old man steptoe

Attached: 1568114143787.jpg (350x304, 25K)

>Wut?
I think he means western art music compared to pop music
>Wagners work with harmonies is the basis for all modern era music, bar none.
You mean Bach
>Also, come now, it's widely accepted that Paul wrote the best Beatles songs.
he wrote the more popular songs, but lennon's were more sophisticated, original, and better songs imo

checked, also I meant that every moron on here with some hot opinion about music tries to validate that opinion by aligning it with what they assume the academic sphere of music would have to say about whatever they're talking about. In most cases anons will post some timeless smoothbrained shit about Bach and Mozart but in this thread it's been mostly masturbation.

Take psychedelics

yea, do this but listen to better music

Were The Damned really big enough back then to warrant having their own movie reference in a SK film?
youtube.com/watch?v=jCimFNBL0F0

Attached: Full Metal Jacket 1987 Deluxe Edition (1080p x265 10bit Joy).jpg (1920x1080, 208K)

Like?

youtube.com/watch?v=bE9F5HvIkRQ

based

>progfag
O I am laffin

that's a blues track how is that prog

youtube.com/watch?v=mXYLUD9dtFA

It’s still hot trash

you just asked for something better than the beatles, user.

The Beatles are the greatest band in the world

>the beatles are the greatest band in the world

Attached: robert lavalais.png (1938x1308, 1.11M)

That nig looks based

have another, this is his favorite song
youtube.com/watch?v=JkuPyQw1w4c

Attached: robert lavalais rides again.png (2048x1315, 839K)

They literally lasted a whole decade.

The Beatles were also approached by Disney to voice the vultures from Jungle Book.

Attached: 41910D40-0341-4442-A87A-ADE1FB8C733E.jpg (1888x1080, 413K)

They needed a group of people to break into the top 10s?

Attached: large.jpg (500x513, 24K)

They only recorded together for 7 years and changed the world after that

were the Beatles big enough to have their brand rebooted as an Indian male?

they were big enough to merit a ten-hour thread on Yea Forums despite having broken up 50 years ago

Wow, this is pop ular.

I noticed that people didn't start calling Kanye "a genius" until he started supporting Trump. Which by the way he doesn't anymore. It's impossible to get anyone's real opinion on anything these days because it's always colored by American politics.

this will sound pretty meaningless if you don't agree, but there's a "knack" sound engineers and producers have that kanye has in spades. If you evaluate him in terms of the role he plays and outcomes he effects, he's very good. I'm talking about a quality like "taste" that runs a bit deeper than that, I suppose it's hard to explain in words but I'm sure anyone who produces music knows what I'm talking about.

As I get older it becomes increasingly clear. Paul was the talent. The rest... at leat Ringo had fun with it.

Paul dies, I take the day off.

Kek, based.

What? John was an immensely talented songwriter, even more than Paul (Paul was a better musician though), you simply don't write In My Life or Strawberry Fields Forever without being one of the most talented songwriter in history.
George took some time to develop his skills but he was also talented. While My Guitar Gently Weeps, Long Long Long, fucking Something.

C'mon man. Paul can be your favorite one, that's fine and understandable, but the whole band was talented.

paul never released anything as good as all things must pass

Yes.

/thread

I always wondered why George made ATMP a triple album. The third record is just jamming.
Maybe it had something to do with his contract?

So he could be the first artist to release a triple album. I'd do the same lmao.

you have to remember when it came out, there were quite a handful of albums that were pushing the envelope (and good sensibility) when it came to album packaging. Albums like Ummagumma and Pawn Hearts aspired to mix band studio tracks, solo tracks and live recordings in bloated, separated multi-album formats. It could very well be a contract thing, but it's also completely on trend for '70.

Humanity need to be congruent.

Ahem

Attached: A8A3B6C3-FEEC-44FF-9663-7A135F8DF8C4.jpg (715x707, 178K)

Many assholes out there. Will be still. They are humans still.

Alex Chilton did it better

They were a psyop

Kaeperneck had many chances to sign. The NFL payed his non-disclosue.

wut

Attached: disturbed.gif (350x197, 1.6M)