Promotional BTS photo

>Promotional BTS photo
>Still more kino than almost anything made in the 21st century

Attached: Blade_Runner_2049_Lighting[1].jpg (1000x584, 313K)

because not many big films are made in actual sets and actual lightings setups like that today

>this bombs
>capeshit making bazillions
looks like capeshit is on the menu boys

Attached: 1504635545262.jpg (785x644, 51K)

>annoying yellow/orange filter

how is this even watchable

This unironically gives me hope for the future of film. It would have been so easy to do this with digital effects so it's nice to see someone doing it with practical lighting. It's so soulful.

he’s a talented filmmaker but not talented enough where I think he fully deserves all the opportunities he’s getting. Dude can’t just tell a story.

it's not a "filte"r you dumb fuck, that's how the lighting on the set looked like

Attached: 1508338449320.jpg (1000x410, 66K)

>silhouette against bright background
>gimmicky lighting
OH MY GOOOOOD FRIGGIN KINOOOO

Attached: 1565984837992.png (454x520, 11K)

Kino Runner 2049. Excellent picture OP. True soul.

Attached: 1568938697369.jpg (3414x2198, 688K)

How is the lighting gimmicky?

that filter is just far too strong

Attached: Blade Runner 2049 On Set.jpg (1000x410, 94K)

there is no filter. which part don't you understand

It wasn't even the best film of that year. Dunkirk was better.

Dilate

>Nolan
>All white male cast
>Tranny movie

Not that user, but it's forced lighting. It's disingenous and insists upon itself.

Nolan is reddit the director. Best films of the year were Good Time and Phantom Thread.

I want to watch Phantom Thread but I feel like it is going to be one of those movies that leave me feeling extra lonely.

What's with the giant blowjob statues?

slit your wrists this instant

Attached: Blade Runner 1982 Blu-ray 1080p x264 DTS-HighCode.mkv_snapshot_00.17.23_.jpg (1920x800, 154K)

ah-bloo-bloo

>all that forced atmosphere
>forced yellow lighting
Disingenous indeed

>forced lighting
funniest thing i've read all day, thanks user

Attached: 1545283527161.png (202x224, 106K)

The main character just wants a mommy gf

The trailer it sounded like he actually gets her and they have the typical relationship tiffs, but ultimately he is having sex and being loved at some point.

>promotional photo
>looking good
what a surprise

This movie is so try hard. The cinematography is just dishonest. I feel like they trying it to be something like Stalker by Andrei Tarkovsky with deep meaning and symbolism but it feels to me like a junk food version of that

>Tarkovsky
>symbolism
You lost, boy.

>"Andrei Tarkovsky with deep meaning and symbolism"
>Tarkovsky
>symbolism
lmao what a braindead clueless retard you are

It's about abusive relationship. Made me glad to be alone desu

>then they cast jared leto in your movie

Attached: ee1.jpg (580x548, 34K)

Every beat of his story with the hologram was done first and better in Her

If David Bowie was cast as originally intended by Villeneuve while he was still alive the film would be a legitimate 10/10

Attached: bowie2015_jimmyking_2.jpg (630x400, 149K)

I'm not even sure if I use the right term my English vocabulary isn't good. But there's just something. But I feel like this movie is trying hard to be so deep.

They have a relationship but it's interesting and not your typical relationship. The film is very funny too. No sex in the film.
That depends on how you look at it. Reynolds seems to be happy in it.

Phantom Thread has a hologram? Damn I need to learn about symbolism I guess.

It's funny how BR2049 made a ten times more genuinely emotionally investing romantic story in just a side story of the film compared to Her where that's the entire film.

For most people the actual physical "love" part falls apart completely in Her, especially in any scene where the love part wants to be materialised (the prostitute sex scene, that sex scene where Joaquin just lays and talks to her) which come off as extremely cheesy and "quirky" which in result end up falling completely flat. Funny how there is the exact same concept of the threesome between an AI, a prostitute and a man in Her and literally no one ever talks about it because the execution of the scene is like any standard rom com flick, the AI part is completely secondary. Not to mention that in Her the prostitute is entirely meaningless in the act itself, while in BR2049 all it's a very character involving scene for all three characters, not just literally but in narrative terms also.
It's a physical manifestation of K's character development.

In short, Spike Jonze didn't know how to approach the concept of a man falling in love with a computer in a serious way so he had to make it extremely quirky to have an excuse for most scenes, while in BR2049 it's executed completely direct and tasteful with zero pretense at all.

Attached: Blade.Runner.2049.01_26_57.jpg (3840x1600, 2.24M)

>she poisons him
>depends on how you look at it
nigga what

He did well though
His character is supposed to have his head deep up his arse and pretentious

Do even remember Her? That's not a prostitute, she's another lonely, awkward soul and that's why it's weird. It sets up the ending.

He wanted someone to take care of him. He knew that she poisoned him and then he let himself to be poisoned. He loved her because she made him turn off when he was working too much, he needed that and she provided that. It was beneficial relationship for both of them but fucked up.

Thanks

Cope.

My bad nigger. The term I meant is metaphor not symbolism.

Yep an abusive relationship with domestic violence. It's a creepy as fuck horror flick more than anything.

But they both wanted so it's not really abusive. Also it may be creepy from the outsider perspective but for them it's nice.

>silhouette against bright background
>gimmicky lighting
OH MY GOOOOOD FRIGGIN KINOOOO

How is the lighting gimmicky?

>Nolan is reddit the director
Doesn't mean he can't produce great movies occasionally. I liked good time(the phantom thread not so much but maybe it's because I expect much better from PTA).

This is the most Yea Forums post I've read whole month.

I know, it's so shallow and pedantic

I only like Memento and Insomnia from him. Phantom Thread is PTA's worst this decade imo but still pretty great and atmospheric.

It's unironically Villeneuve's weakest movie - story wise.

This

The lighting is dishonest.

>shilling a shitty feminism subversion sequel of a good film
good goy. buy 12 more blurays today to keep up your quota

I don't agree. Sicario is his weakest. He didn't write either though. I haven't seen Polytechnique.

Are you excited for Dune?

>LOOKMOMIMBEINGDEEEEP!!

the visual effects and lighting os the same level of soulless and cringiness as Leto´s and Ford acting

Yeah, but only slightly. Kind of fallen out of love with movies over the past couple of years. Hoping this and the new Nolan movie can be enough to rekindle the spark.

I know the feeling. Finally got my home theater setup and a lot of stuff I pass on now. I guess TV is where the energy is going now.

>forced lighting
>It's disingenous and insists upon itself
excellent shitpost

Attached: 1556370938656.jpg (688x418, 441K)

>just tell a story
so basically make movies for people who are too dumb to read

Attached: A6717C7B-5D07-4373-A954-DF0CBF1B6CB3.png (993x1405, 820K)

leto hasn't been unironically good in anything since Mr Nobody

Attached: C46024CE-4E31-4E4B-BA61-0D9542890A42.jpg (367x451, 36K)

cockmongler was funnier than this shitty reddit meme.

You really are a special kind of idiot.

That's pretty good bait.

I liked it.

Attached: 1568931663310.webm (1600x1600, 3M)

I hated it. It’s strictly for women who want some fantasy to diddle to, like Pretty Woman except with added elitist snobbery and technical meticulousness

fuck she is perfect wife material.

Attached: 9B2B92AC-1627-4D55-ADD9-9A981892A2A6.jpg (600x450, 51K)

>dishonest cinematography
>forced lighting
hold on, I’m taking notes from professor dumbfuck

>I feel like this movie is trying hard to be so deep
something tells me it ain’t the movie, user

Attached: blade runner 2049-3.webm (1920x796, 1.89M)

So Leto was just playing himself.

Attached: blade runner 2049-10.webm (2048x1057, 2.98M)

This would have been great.

>If David Bowie was cast as originally intended by Villeneuve
Bowie was my first thought to replace Leto. I had no idea he was originally suppose to be cast as Wallace.

He'd even fit in the first one when he was younger.
>pic related

Attached: Bowie Blade Runner.jpg (1600x1058, 412K)

we're reaching pretention levels that shouldn't be possible

It's a joke fren, very old joke from Family Guy.

He really is just perfect for the setting. Gone too soon.

made me chuckle

yes