The great debate

What is the most defining tvkino of the 21st century?

Attached: GOAT_tvkinos.png (1000x504, 781K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xXyBVbryR9M
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The Office

The Wire is authenticated by many experts in criminology as being worthy of being used as a fucking documentary for educational purposes, whereas Breaking Bad isn't. That includes the black community validating that it's portrayal is OG-validated.
So The Wire wins on the autismal writing and authenticity they went with.

Deadwood

UK

That doesn't make it "better" at all.

Sopranos

Sopranos

Only plebs disagree

It does though since authenticity is one of the few objective characteristics to evaluate a work.

Breaking bad relies on cheap action sequences, the wire doesn’t

If you have an answer other than pic related you're either a newfag zoomer cancer or retarded.

Attached: The Sopranos.jpg (1280x720, 244K)

>Muh more boring= better
Contrarian faggot.

Reddit show

Sopranos

For me, it's Friends

The one with less nigs

Fuck le contrarian Wire haters. It's still the king.

Twin Peaks: The Return > Sopranos > The Wire > True Detective Season 1 > Better Call Saul > The Terror > The Shield > Breaking Bad

These are the top ones of the 21st century so far.

>no Mad Men
>no Deadwood
Yikes

Attached: 1560855199155.jpg (1920x1080, 986K)

This but in reverse.

Sopranos > True Detective Season 1 > Chernobyl > The Terror > Better Call Saul > The Wire > Breaking Bad

Oh and i forgot, Twin Peaks the Return comes betweenChernobyl and The Terror.

Both are Reddit incarnate

Generation Kill

The Wire is overrated
Breaking Bad is redditcore
Sopranos is redditcore

What else is there

Newfags ITT.

1) The Sopranos
2) The Shield
3) True Detective season one
4) The Wire
5) Breaking Bad

Someone explain the appeal of Sopranos to me.
The plots are boring, the characters are unlikeable and boring, and it feels like a mafioso soap opera.

Sopranos isn't redditcore but The Wire is. muh black people

Only correct answer

Rick and morty

authenticity MAY be an objective metric, the mapping from authenticity to quality however is NOT

It's a 5 season documentary on a parasite with meticulous attention to detail.

>Sopranos
Reddit
>The Shield
Ultra reddit
>True Detective S1
Bretty good, just dropped the ball towards the end
>The Wire
Overrated
>Breaking Bad
LOOK MOM I'M WATCHING KEENO I LOVE REDDIT AND RICK AND MORTY IM SUCH A SMART BADASS

Attached: de15df26e9bf61c4f5672a08dc60a50b.jpg (499x481, 28K)

i could take an authentic shit in your mouth but it probably wouldnt be better tv than breaking bad

>look mom I don't like anything and posted the frog again

based

If you think like this, you're a simpleton, and it can not be explained to you. Sorry man

seething

If you can't, all you had to do was not reply.

Telling mongoloids how to appreciate The Sopranos is like trying to explain blue to the blind

Good thing Wire is perfect in that too.
Breaking Bad is a pile of kiddie dogshit compared to The Wire, and lower IQ than The Wire. Seethe more and dilate pleb.

It's kind of a whatever Goodfellas show until s3/4 when it gets darker and gets really kino. Sopranos is about the human condition - nothing else like it

Mad Men > Sopranos > rest are not even close

The Shield

>zoomers who believe their Breaking Bad cartoon is better than The Wire for grownups
LEL

Attached: 1378705557690.png (168x200, 9K)

>defining
There could be only one answer, faggots

Attached: latest.jpg (800x600, 134K)

I tried getting into it after The Wire, but everything felt so cartoony and cheap, I couldn't take it seriously.

Attached: red_dit2.jpg (500x662, 90K)

kek, comparing Reddit Bad to the Wire is just... absurd.

The CHADpranos.

Same problem here forced myself to get to S4 and aside from a few standout moments it's really average. Supposedly it gets good this season but meh I just don't buy it

>it's an everybody gets more fladerised by the fucking minute episode
Shit show. Go play in traffic.

Ultimate taste.

The Redditfice

Redditpranos

Twin Reddits
True Redditor

Mad Redditors
Redditwood

Cherredditnobyl

Generation Reddit

Breaking Reddit

Reddit Shield

Attached: flat,800x800,075,f.jpg (651x315, 31K)

How the fuck are you comparing a fucking cartoon for retarded wub wub zoomer brainlets to a fucking serious and realistic crime drama for adults, are you a retarded dumbfaggot OP? Fuck off back to your septic pool and take Breaking Plebbit with you, fucking disgrace.

Attached: 1305753827293.png (300x300, 14K)

>He's got his fucking bayonet out

Really only applies to Paulie

>Twin Peaks

Attached: red_dit3.gif (1221x768, 699K)

I'm not gonna watch 3 seasons of people eating dinners (bbut they're gangsters!) on the premise that it gets better later.

>Brother Mouzone

Trailer Park Boys

I mean it's good the whole time it just isn't GOAT til later but idgaf if you watch it you weirdo autismal tv show fanboy

I'm watching the 1st season of The Wire and I just got done watching the episode where DeAngelo teaches the younger kids chess. I was blown away! I had to watch it a couple times to really pick up on it, but did you guys realize that when he was teaching them about the chess pieces, he was really referring to THEM being the pawns! What an amazing metaphor!

>apparently Carmella was a different show
I could've sworn she was in The Sopranos.

You better fucking watch your mouth there kiddo

fuck off i got work to do

At which season did it jump the shark?

Game of thrones

right about done with reddit shite being discussed on this board. Will lay it out for ya quick disagreeing means you're wrong
>The Wire
>Breaking Bad
reddit yeah?
>Sopranos
>Mad Men
>Band of Brothers
>Generation Kill
>The Pacific
>Justified
>Banshee
Solid

4-5 is peak, shark was jumped at 6 into 7 imo. Still good but nothing on 2-5. In reality it’s probably say goodnight to the bad guys though

Not even Paulie. Flanderization is
>the act of taking a single trait from a character and exaggerating it more and more over time until it completely consumes the character.
That's just Walter from Breaking Bad's character arc

>everyone look at this word I just learned on reddit!
Speak english you mong

Sopranos is better than both and it’s not even close. So sick and tired of how overrated breaking bad is

has like five minutes of screen time in the whole show.

Based

Replace Banshee and The Wire and you are good.

>mong
You were saying?

House > True Detective season 1 > Better Call Saul > The Wire > Sopranos >>> Breaking Bad

This is a fact.

Attached: index.jpg (216x233, 5K)

The Chadpranos > Rome > The Shield > BCS > Spartacus

While House is indeed based, those rankings are retarded

this

go back to your dutch pan movies, fuckstick

>Muh niggers more deep
Cringe

The Wire is just gay nigger stories

Seinfeld

The Wire and Breaking Bad are just different brands of pleb bait. The Sopranos is the real ascended telekino.

>I don't get the appeal of this show I haven't watched
?

spongebob

The Shield is better than both these shows

SHUT THE DOOOOOOOR

Fuck all of you queers

Attached: 1549242732838.png (1200x675, 832K)

The Shield is almost as bad as justified

>That includes the black community validating that it's portrayal is OG-validated
Bro, you just posted cringe

Attached: EF7B9A49-211F-4130-9193-563CEBE5D911.jpg (633x356, 33K)

don't reply

Attached: AMC_MM_7B_Promo_EveryEpisode_Nostalgia-800x450.jpg (800x450, 132K)

>Sopranos > True Detective Season 1 > Chernobyl > The Terror
kino
>Better Call Saul > The Wire > Breaking Bad
cringe

>justified
>bad

Attached: IMG-20190919-WA0023.jpg (700x467, 97K)

Attached: 3145234532.jpg (480x360, 11K)

It's pleb kino

Justified is okay but hardly Kino, The Shield was kino that got better after each season and had one of if the not the best ending in a tv show ever, go watch better call saul you pleb.

>no TD season 1

Attached: 1561182687649.jpg (1600x1066, 313K)

breaking bad doesn't even rate as fernsehen, not to mention getting high on the list

Attached: rawls.jpg (245x168, 7K)

SATANIC BLACK MAGIC

this. cant think of any other show that actually put me in tears.

Kek. I'll grant you it's not up there with sops or mad men. But raylan and boyd carry it

holy based. its missing lost tho

there is literally 0 discussion going on in this thread it’s just autistic dick measuring and rankings with absolutely no analysis or reasoning behind them.

this

Treme > The Wire
Fight me

Be the change you want to see in the world.

-Bob Marley

Groovy.

What else do you expect from the most low IQ board on the site besides Yea Forums?

so are documentaries all the best shows? what the fuck kind of cringe reasoning is this

Attached: implying_11.png (291x378, 86K)

Congratulations, neither of you posted any analysis

Real life is good, fantasy is bad. Stop watching fantasy shows and get a job.

>Sopranos isn't redditcore but The Wire is
I was here when both show aired. You were on reddit. Kill yourself.

Only The Wire and The Sopranos are comparable.

Fuck off dad.

When I was your age we watched John Wayne movies and none of this gay shit.

>twin peaks: the return as #1
>better call saul over Breaking Bad
>The Terror
>ACTUALLY LISTING THE TERROR ON THIS FUCKING LIST

image taking Yea Forums as seriously as this guy.

It's the kind of reasoning that people who are employed and have sex have, unlike fantasy incel brainlets like yourself.

Attached: 1455926003425.jpg (765x772, 90K)

Most normoids have sex and they consume braindead fantasy capeshit like its tap-water. Get out of here.

The Wire is overrated and Breaking Bad is shit

Only incels and infertile libtards with negative birth rates consume capeshit, and Breaking Bad is the Capeshit of crime shows right there with CSI dung. You may proceed to kys Breaking Plebbit tard.

youtube.com/watch?v=xXyBVbryR9M
Oh shit bois

It's amazing how quickly Breaking Bad left the cultural consciousness and had so little impact

>Incels
>Libtards
>Capeshit of x
>Plebbit
Jesus christ, was this post generated by a bot?

kek

If you see bots everywhere chances are you are a bot, a plebbit bot, the kind of plebbit bot who thinks Breaking Turd is good.

>better call saul over breaking bad
please die

...I think this guy likes reddit

Okay, you are either mentally ill or a computer.

kek'd at True Redditor

That's cute plebbitbot, don't forget to clap like a seal whenever you see Breaking Plebbit like the other zoomerbots do :) Can't have the opinion that cartoons are not better than well crafted serious shows in this year :^)

post 2016 Yea Forums IS reddit, newfag

twin peaks

I feel like i'm having a stroke reading your posts.

Big Bang Theory. Like it or not (I don't), it's THE early 21st century TV show in terms of popularity and social impact.
Band of Brothers > The Pacific

Do you need a hugbox and a therapy dog?

i hate you Yea Forums so fucking much

Attached: 184459.png (447x76, 3K)

I need you to GET OFF MY ASS

this

That doesn't make a better cinematic experience.

It does unless you are a zoomer who needs meme cartoons.

Not it doesn't you fucking retard. Film is an audiovisual medium as long as it is visually entertaining and likewise with the sound, it doesn't matter how authentic a film is. Is LOTR shit now cause it's fantasy? So fucking autistic

Marlo and his entire crew vs Walter White, who comes out on top?

LOTR is a serious fantasy movie.
The Wire is a serious crime movie.

Breaking PLebbit is a zoomer cartoon for brainlet chimps.
Likewise Narnia is the Breaking Plebbit of fantasy movies, a zoomer cartoon for bainlet chimps.

Get the difference? No? That's because you are a coping zoomer chimp.

You conceded to my point retard

How have I conceded to any point when you can't even recognize the main point of the topic? Entertaining a low-IQ zoomer chimp is not an achievement, which is why Breaking Plebbit belongs into the class of Capeshit and Narnia-like dung.
Entertaining serious people however is an achievement, which is something LotR accomplished despite being fantasy and The Wire accomplished with its authenticity and utmost attention to detail as well as copious consultation with real world experts in the topic field. A visual piece isn't made good by appealing to brainlet zoomer chimps, quite the opposite. You attempting to make anyone concede to your coping mechanism of trying to equate a masterpiece to a brainlet cartoon falls on its legs and into a pit of shit.

Boardwalk empire and six feet under.

there's too many..

but I think Lost is one show that deserves a special spot, it changed TV in so many ways and we owe a lot to it. It's also one of the greatest character studies ever made, something that is only comparable in shows like better call saul, breaking bad, or house

also, curb your enthusiasm is literally one of the greatest things ever made

>people actually think Snorepranos is a good show