This was a really enjoyable movie. Jared Harris was superb as Moriarty. Why didn't people like it?

This was a really enjoyable movie. Jared Harris was superb as Moriarty. Why didn't people like it?

Attached: Sherlokc.jpg (1062x1500, 341K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JvoOBbChxb4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Didn't they?

It was too long and lacked some of the soul of the first one. Otherwise it was great. I didn't realise people didn't like it desu, I think you might just be talking shit.

Will we ever get a third to complete the trilogy? Richie has a habit of not finishing things up (Real Rock 'n' Roller when?)

Back when RDjr did fun roles

Holmes 3 when????

Being shot now, I believe.

I liked it

only contrarian faggots don't think that the Guy Ritchie Holme's movies aren't kino, they are both thoroughly enjoyable and far better than big movie release audiences deserve out of the silver screen

Not enough Jared Harris.
Also who was going to be the big guy on the third film?

I really like the costumes for these movies, everybody is dressed so sharply.

Eh, not OP but the movie could have lost some of the Noomi Rapeface scenes.

Somehow they managed to ruing the fight scenes, and Jared Harris was really underused

>It was too long and lacked some of the soul of the first one. Otherwise it was great. I didn't realise people didn't like it desu, I think you might just be talking shit.
>Will we ever get a third to complete the trilogy? Richie has a habit of not finishing things up (Real Rock 'n' Roller when?)
Downey Sherlock 2 was better than Downey Sherlock 1.
If you grew up watching Jeremy Brett as Sherlock, the first Ritchie film was somewhat jarring in differences to the Brett series.
The reveals of certain hidden plot details in the first Ritchie film where also sort of done in a standard cliched movie mystery kind of way.
The second Ritchie Sherlock film was better in a number of ways.
The editing was better, particularly fir a number of the sequences, such as the party at the falls, and the chase thru the woods with the massive amount if gunfire.
The meeting between Moriarty and Irene Adler in the second film was also very well done.

>Eh, not OP but the movie could have lost some of the Noomi Rapeface scenes.
Yeah,
Noomi wasn’t really that great in the second Sherlock film.
I’m not sure if it was just the writing for the part, or if the part needed a different/better actress.

The train scene too is awesome

Gib big tiddy ginger wife.

Attached: 7abda93dbbb2f3b0fe13253869fe60b5.jpg (550x350, 40K)

the the build up to and the ending of 2 is fantastic, when I first watched it I though the factory bit and the chase through the woods was going to have been my favourite part of the movie but the final confrontation is great, I also loved the scene in the revolutionary lair and them trying to find the bomb

youtube.com/watch?v=JvoOBbChxb4

There's so many great scenes desu, I'm surpised it isn't more recognised.

Because Sherlock Holmes isn't a fucking action star you stupid cocksucker. Read a book sometimes.

Both these movies are forgettable trash for zoomers.

They did. They just couldn’t get Downey to make another one, completing a trilogy because he was too busy making soishit at Disney

Both films were pretty good. It's not really a Sherlock Holmes adaptation but still, they were enjoyable

He's not a super methodical detective that relies keenly on his intellect, though. People have a tendency to mix up Sherlock Holmes with Hercule Poirot, but Holmes, at least in the earlier stories, is this weird autist who doesn't know the Earth revolves around the Sun. He's an expert boxer, a great shot with his revolver and a skilled singlestick fencer. Doyle even gives him familiarity with "Bartitsu", later on. All Ritchie really does is take these elements very much stated in the books and actually shows him doing them. With a flair, sure, but it's not completely out of nowhere.

It was specifically mentioned in the series of stories that Sherlock was a boxer.
There was also mention of Sherlock beating corpses to test for bruising after death, and mention of Sherlock’s use of Cocaine.
Sherlock was also mentioned as being a country gentleman, and “sporting” activities such as shooting and physical activities such as riding and boxing and probably swimming, would all have been a standard activity a country gentleman was raised doing.
Watson was mentioned as being a Boer War veteran, so he would also have been familiar with sporting and shooting and physical activities.
Many if the private gentlemens clubs would have had facilities for members to get physical exercise, such as tennis courts or raquet courts, or fencing facilities, and shooting facilities, and boxing facilities.
The main issue with some of the older Holmes adaptations in films is that the films DIDN’T show Holmes and Watson engaged in action sequences.
The Ritchie films are a nice blend of cerebral thinking, talking scenes and action sequences.

Spurlock Morgans

The music is pure kino

I like the first one better, second one it gets too actiony and not enough detective work. But I still rewatch it sometime for Moriarty

Can't they go back and make a third one? Really loved the first one at the cinema.

They're doing it right now

Because its not Sherlock Holmes.

>Ritchie not directing
Im out

Never seen either of these, got something to do this weekend

People liked it. Sherlock movies are great.

Richie has been shit for quite some time now tho

Because it was really unenjoyable.
>kill off the love interest from the first film who was actually likable and interesting and replace her with a new girl who... wears a funny hat? has a brother?
>the chief of police is a nudist and does his job in the nude in the fucking VICTORIAN ERA the most sexually repressed era of human history for a cheap gag
>an entire action sequence dedicated to cross dressing
>OMG THE BAD GUY IS BAD AND LISTENS TO CLASSICAL MUSIC LIKE THE BAD GUYS I KNOW FROM OTHER FILMS!
>absolutely boring slow motion sequence that pales in comparison to the one in the previous film and instead looks like something from The Deathly Hallows

the only good part of this massive shit show was the imaginary boxing match at the very end and the reveal that Sherlock was a chair

They did. Yea Forums isnt people

1st one: A+ I rewatch it often
2nd one: C- Poorly written and GR's worst film.

Man From Uncle was fantastic.

Yeah it is, if it's first and only movie you've seen in you life.

>>an entire action sequence dedicated to cross dressing
seething tranny

i could refute all of those but im not going to i think i'll just go rewatch the movies and get smashed

transvestite >>>>>>>> transmissingdickual
any day of the week

I'm going to guess that you think the last three Bond films were good.

Clearly you haven't seen King Arthur: Legend of the Sword.

Clearly you haven't seen Swept Away

true, I haven't

Boobies :)

Attached: kellyreilly2.webm (556x720, 168K)

it aimed too low even for pleb fodder

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I WANT A GINGERGF SO BAD AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attached: Fantastic Four Annual 03-002.jpg (2002x1654, 1.05M)

true, I haven't.
Then either make sure you do so you can ascertain what shit by GR looks like or refrain and keep a little saner.

>the love interest from the first film who was actually likable and interesting
nah she was boring

It's a fun flick and the chemistry of RDJ and Jude Law is p good.
The Deductive Naruto Dodging slow motion speed up camera shit is cringe as fuck though
It was kind of cool in the forest scene with the Germans firing at them though

Amazing movie and way better than it deserved to be. I used to like the first one more, but I kept coming back to the second one. Jared Harris fucking killed it and it has one of the greatest showdown/ending scenes put to film.

These are essentially action set piece movies held together by a Holmesian investigation. The first one did a lot more with the investigation elements and made the ending essentially one long chase scene. The second one was itself a giant chase scene and did a great job connecting location to location, plus it saved most of the Holmesian stuff for a big cumshot at the very end.

Apples and oranges, but Harris and that ending tip the scales for me.

Attached: dongiovanni.png (1352x770, 731K)

They're doing a third one but Richie isn't directing it, instead they've got some fag that's directed 4 movies before, one of them being the Elton John movie

You mean the fucking chef from Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels?

That's the one

>>OMG THE BAD GUY IS BAD AND LISTENS TO CLASSICAL MUSIC LIKE THE BAD GUYS I KNOW FROM OTHER FILMS!
Yeah why didn't he just listen to The Sugarhill Gang? They were around in 1891

>Not liking Legend of the Sword
Homosexual detected

>blacks everywhere
>literal black lord
>"but dood, it's got, swords and, uh, a discount rock soundtrack, this means it's MANLY and KEWL"
Christ, you contrarian faggots are insufferable.

I don't like niggers but having blacks in a movie doesn't automatically make it bad. The soundtrack isn't rock either.

Fuck you I liked King Arthur.