I'm going to ruin Citizen Kane for you with one question

I'm going to ruin Citizen Kane for you with one question.

How did they know his last word was Rosebud, if he was alone when he died and whispered the word?

Attached: rosebud.gif (500x375, 491K)

>ruin Citizen Kane
>implying anyone actually likes it beyond pretending to sound smart

Attached: IMG_2652.jpg (600x344, 45K)

Come on. It's the Citizen Kane of film.

That's what I thought when I first watched it (4 or 5 months ago). No one here actually likes it. It's pretty fucking bad

Citizen Kane is not good because of the story/plot or acting. It's good because it's revolutionary in film technique. That's it.

hidden cameras

did you even watch the movie? one of the people interviewed explicitly says that he heard Kane say "Rosebud" as his last word.

It's a good movie that's overpraised by critics and arthoes

Did you guys watch the film? The waiter or butler or whatever is interviewed later ,and he says he heard it.

Some of the film direction techniques were ahead of its time. It should be used principally as a study piece for filmmaking students.
As a piece of entertainment it was pretty dire. If it was released today it will sell like a floppy fish.

I genuinely like it because it's a good movie.

>LE EPIC PLOTHOLES XD
nobody cares

>did you even watch the movie
Do you really have to ask?

And as we all know, sales indicate quality

It sold like a floppy fish when it came out. I dont think you actually know things

People only like it because it was the first film to actually have cinematography, before this movie people basically just shot their films like plays with the camera in one place the whole time.

I watched it a couple of years ago for the first time. didn't expect too much because I know you always miss out on the experience if you hype a movie up too much. I thought it was decent but I also understand that it was pretty way ahead of its time. people always make the mistake of comparing every movie to movies nowadays. fuck, a couple of decades prior to citizen kane, one breakout movie was literally people leaving their workplace

Watch more films.

Are you guy just trying to be contrarian? This is a phenomenal movie

at least post the real version

Attached: HMM.jpg (507x378, 117K)

But how did he hear it when we clearly saw Kane whispering it? Was that scene supposed to be fake? Did the butler lie about it and send people on this wild goose chase for nothing? Maybe Kane didn't even give a fuck about Rosebud.

He's off screen? You can hear people whisper if you're within ear-shot.

What a brainlet post

But the movie also explicitly stated that Kane died alone so someone was lying about something.

My god we got some retards in here. I don't even care about film techniques and shut. Charlie Kane is genuinely one of the most interesting characters in film

>Let the bodies hit the....
the movie was truly way ahead of its time

This is Yea Forums, what do you think? You've finally seen the culmination of this place's contrarianism, that hands down the greatest film of all time that everyone loves gets a thread on Yea Forums and the majority of the posts are by people who genuinely believe it to be shit.

call it a mistake, or whatever you want. But this is the dialogue from the movie:
>When Charles Foster Kane died, he said one word: "Rosebud".
>That's all he said?
>Yes, "Rosebud". Just that one word.

It probably was a mistake, there's recorded evidence of Welles being asked about this very thing and suddenly becoming very quiet.

genuinely angering how ill-informed this post is

Citizen Kane is great for the same reason Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within is great. One day FF:TSW will get the recognition it deserves.

CIA bugged his moustache, naturally. He was a media magnate.

I kind of doubt that, but I actually did find TSW to be a technologically impressive film. It's just no surprise that it was such an enormous failure considering how much money they spent to make it.

Tell me about CIA. Why does he bug the 'stache?

cope

>they know

"They" didn't. Nobody in the film heard it.

retard

Go fuck your dog

"Rosebud" is my nickname for my girlfriend's butthole. When I saw Citizen Kane I beat her senseless for lying about her number of exes and her age. Felt kind of dumb when I saw the sled.

hi adum

Everytime you see someone putting CK in his “best movies of all time” list, you can tell they are lying. I just can’t imagine anyone nowadays genuinly loving this film. I mean i liked it when I saw it, and I understand why its important but I probably saw hundreds of movies that I liked better then CK. Even run of the mill capeshit like the last spiderman movie is more fun to watch....

Rosebud was William Randolph Hearst's pet name for his girlfriend's clitoris

Attached: mariondavies.jpg (238x212, 5K)

So you can only like movies if they're "fun to watch"? Interesting.

I thought the impressive bit was meant to be the filming techniques, in that it was the first time many things had been done, equipment etc all first built for the movie. It was a technical masterpiece of the time.

So you like to sit still for 2 hours watching something that you don’t enjoy?

No. Liking a movie has nothing to do with whether it's good.

Because they had a camera there, what a stupid fucking question

Hang on, is Citizen Kane based on Hearst's life?

Weeell.... whole darn thang is memoir to a passed one. What da heck is wrong with yaaa, user !!! The word could’ve been “Pussy Cat”, or “Peach Pie” for I care.

Attached: CFE1CCFF-558B-4317-902D-8528EE9CAD48.gif (299x189, 211K)

Kind of

why they made the money cheat for the sims the last word he spoke is beyond me

We see the fucking nurse.

how does that ruin the film when it opens the film? ruining the film would be revealing that rosebud was the name of his sled which represented his yearning for his simple, wholesome childhod and not the materialistic existence he had to endure during his last days, brought on by a luck of the draw inheritance

lil bit

Attached: Lindsay-Lohan-Bikini.jpg (1938x2312, 824K)

Plot holes are brainlet tier film criticism

Attached: minions654.jpg (356x454, 84K)

it's in black and white so I assume it's set way back in time so how did this guy know "rosebud" when The Sims presumably hadn't even come out yet?

>citizen kane is a shit fi----

Attached: ck1.jpg (1680x1050, 155K)

The same way you know his last word was Rosebud, obviously. They watched the scene

Ripoff of Roger Deakins' style.

Attached: 66h56h5h5665.png (334x378, 159K)

Not to mention they'd obviously all read the script, fucking hacks

I thought the whole reason everyone has to sit through birth of a nation is because it was the origin of cinematography.

No, that film is fucking bullshit. Completely unrealistic poorly filmed nonsense.

>origin of cinematography.
do you know what cinematography means?

No, actually.

orgasm. French. 'little death'.
Kane. Hearst. paramore. pet name: Rosebud.
Welles. Feud. Hearst hack paper reviews. Revenge.

It's not that they know, it's that we know, and Kane-Hearst knows the world knows.

>People only like it because it was the first film to actually have cinematography, before this movie people basically just shot their films like plays with the camera in one place the whole time.

His butler was in the room. This is explicitly stated in the dialogue of the movie.

You see one person enter the room: a nurse. The butler guy interviewed later says he was in the room and heard it. He likely sent for the nurse.

Died alone, as in no loved ones because everyone said fuck this guy.

t. fucks dogs

based retard

Reminder that The Magnificent Ambersons is a better film and would have been the greatest film ever made if it hadn't been hacked apart by studio mongoloids.

people should respect this movie more since it invented cinematography

>le chiaroscuro lighting
Contrived and soulless.

Actualy this film wasnt good, it didn't make back its box office. Endgame is currently the best film, it made the most

>not adjusting for inflation
Gone with the Wind is still the best.

Nah its oldshit

Adjust THIS for inflation. *grabs dick*

citizen kane invented movies

well done, Sir

Attached: dad.jpg (250x343, 13K)

oh fuck please, i can only laugh so much
have you ever read a book that didn't have wooden pages? or eaten a meal, EVER, that didn't come with fries?
fresh out the mold, ready to make a better world

You guys are crazy if you think more than 1% of the Yea Forums kids and plebs have actually watched Citizen Kane. They're just spouting their contrarian bullshit because of reasons.

Attached: kanelowangle1.png (720x540, 333K)

I don't think that it's the best movie ever made but I actually enjoy watching it

Enough for the old man to hold a vendetta against Welles, nearly ruining his career in film.

Great film. Can’t answer OP because I haven’t seen it in ages

Ok? The majority of people think blacks and Asians act the same

this whole thread is dumb as fuck, it's like saying Colosuss was a shit computer because it couldn't run CoD or photoshop. Kane did a lot of the important shit first so we could do it later. You don't have to like it, but if you don't respect it you're probably not too bright

>Kane did a lot of the important shit first so we could do it later.
except it didn't rarted

i get ya, other film maker, especially the french, pioneered a lot of the techniques in Citizen Kane, but never had all the elements been brought together in one, ugh, "product" the way that Welles did it. All the elements of a Blockbuster existed before Jaws, but Jaws brought it all together. and i never ever go full rarted.

becuase it was the last dank ass strand of kush he got from the dispensary

How can people hate on this movie it’s not even boring it moves pretty quickly compared to other classics

Citizen Kane is definitely overrated. It's great but it's not Chinatown or Casablanca or His Girl Friday great.

Shouldn't you be looking for a dog to mount you, adumb?

at what point does having to know so much so you can pretend to sound smart actually make you smart, or is being smart something only retards do?