PC -> TV media player?

So whats the suggested Yea Forums approved media player these days?

using HDMI 2.0 from nvidia 1060 card

preferably somethin that supports/detects and activates all the HDR, hw acceleration, all 5.1 sound formats etc by default so I dont have to fiddle with it

currently using last official MPC-HC but starts to feel dated

Attached: logo-256x256[1].png (256x256, 31K)

Mpv.net

vlc is the *only* tv approved kino-viewing software

>Hardware decoding might help if the CPU is too slow to decode video in realtime, but must be explicitly enabled with the --hwdec option.

im not a hacker

What's dated about it, the interface that has all the options clearly marked, understandable, and visible, with noting more contextual than a right click? "It's dated!" is why I now have to hack Waterfox to look like old Firefox before every browser became Chromium. It works. It does the job simply, cleanly, lightly, efficiently, effectively and after a double click on the screen it doesn't matter anymore.

VLC

I redownload VLC every couple of years to use the volume boosting it has. Every time the screen tears while I hop around to the scene that's muffled.

intalled latest version, colors dont have full range, tried all google solutions none work, already have everyting in place incl. nvidia full range etc. Cant find any setting for it in VLC

dropped

MPC is the patrician choice
VLC is for people who watch YIFY rips and rate A10/V10

True. I only found out last week that you can slow down subtitles, bloody useful that.

VLC users should wear that stupid garish cone on their heads.

MPC Black Edition has GPU acceleration by default. Don't know about the rest.

Inna

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-09-20 at 11.11.19.png (1230x567, 379K)

>for MacOS
fuck no

I mean, can you trust the other settings, if it cant get even the very basics right out of the box? NO!

How hard is to detect whether the device connected over HDMI is capable of 0-255 ? They literally transmit their exact model via the protocol when connected

Is it possible to downmix to stereo with VLC?

mpv. Wintoddlers need not apply.

Attached: Capture.png (1929x832, 132K)

make your pc a server, use plex from your smart tv, you will have access through ethernet or wifi and all sound formats will work well

What's a good region free software to read blu rays on my PC? All the ones I pirated have some bullshit about switching regions a limited amount of times and garbage like that

mpv is literally all that matters.

wintoddler here, I only use mpv.

You're not really making your case

>open MPC-HC
>press d
>download subtitle
vlc can't do that, fuck vlc

Attached: 1566105397317.jpg (720x843, 95K)

>completely portable
>don't need to install codecs or anything
>great minimal interface
>just works
>can set different configs for filetype (e.g webm loops)
>can just copy+paste a config into notepad to get someone else's exact setup
it's just the best.

Attached: 7.png (1721x869, 746K)

KMP and vlc.

It can:
view -> vlsub

smplayer (mpv with an actual ui, comes with a MPC skin)

Attached: vlc.webm (1280x720, 997K)

Potplayer with GPU acceleration settings and filtering/scaling plugins (madVR etc)

Mpc has slowdowns, and my hardware is top notch. Use mpv baka player

mpc-hc with madvr and updated lav filters
or mpv if you have shit hardware

A: 10
V: 10
thanks YIFY

>Mpc has slowdowns, and my hardware is top notch
liar. this piece of shit tablet emulating windows plays x265 shit just fine