You have to make a kino film about 90's grunge music

You have $100m budget and can cast anyone you want

What do you make?

Attached: images.jpeg-44.jpg (449x683, 28K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CVfi7tEDjmE
youtube.com/watch?v=xg1GV-pfCWs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

pocket 97mil for myself and put the rest into the movie

i film myself cum tributing pictures of the best selling albums while they play in the background. it's a slow burn character study

I don't think watching a bunch of teenage druggies wallow in existentialism would make for a captivating piece

Nirvana is peak cringe and proof someone never developed beyond 12 years old

do zoomers even care about Nirvana or 90s alternative/grunge? i thought they like the billie eilish garbage

Kurt.

Attached: 540.jpg (1597x2047, 2.14M)

For me, its a Smashing Pumpkins biopic

>Initial drop of success with Gish
>Start thinking they're hot shit
>Get BTFO by Nivana when they dropped Nevermind
>Depression fuels them to go insane and create Siamese Dream, a god tier album
>rivalry with Nirvana heats up
>Kurt an heroes, ending it
>They release Mellon Collie and are the no.1 band in the world
>Think they're now truly invincible
>They all slowly get rekt by time, drugs and Billys autism

Could be kino lads

Attached: images.jpeg-45.jpg (739x415, 58K)

I make a movie about an underground grunge band. the bandmates are actually quite content with their lives and surrounding and though preferring the sounds of funk force themselves to write negative lyrics and easy chord progressions to stay relevant. it's called get with the times
i only hire c list actors and shoot it on an affordable 90s handicam
i save the rest of the money and invest

go listen to pearl jam boomer

based

The apostrophe comes before the 9, not after the 0, you fucking retard.

Also, a capital (not lowercase) M is used to designate millions, you fucking retard.

Jesse Plemons as Frank Black? i think he could pull it off

Attached: 7d0a6e487afe4563b40b2993c9e05f7b.jpg (770x651, 52K)

make a joint about pearl jam and how much they suck
follow up movie about the plight of eddie vedder and his struggles
third movie is about how pearl jam has been diluted to shirts at target worn by tenth graders
fourth is about nirvana and how they're the exact same thing
fifth movie is a character study about some burnout working at a bar in eugene oregon completely unrelated to the other movies
after that a movie about record labels and exploitation
the seventh one is about record labels again but focusing on sub pop and their roster
then the eighth movie introduces the time travel narrative and eddie vedder goes back in time to prehistoric south america and sings to some fuckin animals or something
the ninth movie is back to our friend in eugene oregon and his inevitable suicide
then the tenth and final in the series is about eddie vedder again but this time it's a twelve hour long take single shot of him repeating that he isn't good and pearl jam truly sucks
ten million a piece for a total of ten movies

Attached: image.jpg (1280x720, 197K)

Soundgarden

Ten and Vitalogy were okay, I'll give them that. The rest of their stuff is shit

yeah those are alright

>do zoomers even care about Nirvana or 90s alternative/grunge?
No. And neither does anybody else.

people love to pretend they like grunge

Autistic Moaning: The Band

>movies about artists/music

Always trash. Would never accept such a job.

*blocks your path*

Attached: image.jpg (400x600, 57K)

Walk the Line was OK.

Love & Mercy was ight only becuase of paul dano
the rest is cusack's impression of rain man

classic

It's obvious: I make the definitive Alice in Chains documentary and finally clear up all the mystery about Layne's final years. I would interview all the people i.e Jerry who have so far refused to talk on the record about it. Not even they could refuse that sort of cash.

Last scene is Fred Durst driving his car and getting the inspiration for Rollin

I'd say fuck it and spend a 1000 on recording a chill interview with J Mascis. I think Cobain wanted him to be in Nirvana or something. Then I'll pocket the rest.

Attached: download.jpg (225x225, 12K)

I cast myself and bryce dallas howard and the entire movie is her smothering my face and farting.

Attached: 753D729B-7457-4A3D-8C7E-44C6E47E6912.jpg (960x1280, 260K)

wannabe intellectual retard

The movie opens on an animated montage of Dylan Carlson and Kurt Cobain having a lovely day with the Turtles "Happy Together" playing. The montage ends with Kurt suggesting that Dylan lend him a shotgun as a souvenir of their wonderful day together.

Next we see a quick news show segment from 2019, talking about how Kurt's suicide was an event that snowballed into the death of rock and roll music (with a lot of the blame on the hairstyle and facial hair of Chad Kroeger from Nickelback) which lead to the supremacy of rap.

The rest of the movie is a remake of Airheads with black people in it. Michael B Jordan is Brendan Frasier, Don Cheadle is Steve Buscemi, and Kevin Hart is Adam Sandler.

why would they bother, there's already the kino rockumentary called hype! released in 1996, with I think the first live performance of Smells Like Teen Spirit in some club in Seattle in 1990.
youtube.com/watch?v=CVfi7tEDjmE

Attached: hype.jpg (788x1080, 177K)

cast Saoirse Ronan, Ed Sheeran, Lil Wayne, Rosa Salazar, Ah-in Yoo
director: Jonah Hill

they are some not rich, but upper middle class late 20s-early 30s people, with some flaw yet generally succesful, well-rounded, likeable people. there are some people being jealous of them, and there are some issues in life/in the world they as individuals cant solve. Its would be movie about how average yet succesful people deal with mediocrity and how they search for that spark in life which would keep them going

Chris Cornell > Other grunge band when it comes to talent.

Soundgarden was good but for me my favorite was Alice in Chains.
Growing up as a young dumb teen it was Nirvana. But now I recognize just how much better AiC was.
.. and how utterly mediocre Pearl Jam was.

they just buy Nirvana t-shirts but don't actually listen to the songs

Attached: ertetd.jpg (407x610, 77K)

>t. thinking listening to teen spirit, a song named after their core demographic, wannabe rebellious 14 year old girls, is still hip and edgy at 30 years old
sad

and the best part is all the intellectual property revenue goes straight into Courtney's pockets, to the tune of 100 million over the past 15 years

I was working as a camp counselor this summer and it was weird how many of the little zoomers fetishized Kurt Cobain. No idea why.

>white people want to listen to music made by other whites in a cultural quagmire of nigger beats, so they're forced to reach back 30 years

Cast Idris Elba as Kurt Cobain

Elle Fanning as Billy Corgan

Would unironically pay to watch that

based and diversity-pilled

Cornell is one of the best rock voices in history for me.

He is grunge personified.

when people imagine a Rockstar, its either the looks of Axl Rose or Chris Cornell, one or the other

Attached: images (1).jpg (299x168, 11K)

Directed by Lynch, last day of his wife, calling wife from hotel and her thinking it's a doppelganger.

Make it into a rap musical, at first I thought it would be a major fuck you but it might actually work and be kino.

Shonen Anime between Pearl Jam and Nirvana with Alice in Chains as the mysterious villain/omynous background figure and Soundgarden as the obligatory waifu.

Subvert expectations and make it all about Mark Lanegan and his descent into heroin addiction and making of Whiskey for the Holy Ghost

Kurt only appears to record Where Did You Sleep Last Night and dead

Attached: 64348-optimized_5c5db3b3613fe.jpg (450x290, 17K)

but who would play him? looks wise he looks like Johnny Depp but the voice is irreplaceable

>“I would like to get rid of the homophobes, sexists, and racists in our audience. I know they’re out there and it really bothers me.” – Kurt Cobain

>Police and niggers, that's right
>Get outta my way
>Axl Rose

Would it be groundbreaking and origional to be a rock band that was anti kurt cobain, personally I feel one of the reasons rock isn't is popuar as it used to be is that everyone has followed in his footsteps.

>t. only listening to music if it aligns with your life circumstances or ideals
What a fucking snob.

i mean eveyone thinks hes a poetic genius, but thats not why people listened to him, they listened to him because he sounded fun.

what a fucking autist

Not bad actually. You would get a lot of love from the lefties for that too. Very “progressive” casting

based virtue signaling user

>one of the reasons rock isn't is popuar as it used to be
When it comes to tastes, not convenience (like how people adopted mobile phones instead of a stupid fax machine) caring about what's popular or not is a retarded fallacious notion that will lead you nowhere unless you're willing to do multiple years of research and publish a paper or writing for your stupid blog that only 3 people read.

>IS SOME SHIT POPULAR
Why do people fall for this Buzzfeed line of reasoning is beyond me

what a waste of time and money

I just started Carnival Row and her acting has improved a lot. Props to Cara.

>inb4 t. cara's agency

dylan carlson/earth biopic even tho its drone or whatever

the interview with dylan from after kurts death is hilarious
>"lives with a dealer that has an uzi"
>guy is obviously high as shit on heroin
>full of drug zits

Based

Attached: YfOOKo2h.jpg (826x1024, 164K)

they were such fags
youtube.com/watch?v=xg1GV-pfCWs
kino music video

Whole “Nirvana” - circle through the eyes of Courtney Love.

>jared leto as kurt
>vince vaughn as krist novasellic
>jared leto as foo fighter
>that girl from saturday night live as courtney hole
>john malkavitch as billy corgan
>jared leto as layne staley

I'd film a piece of dog shit for 100 minutes, then insert the clip where that jew MTV exec said he changed all music programming to things he liked (grunge, rap).

I'll cast some nobody teenagers that look attractive, and make it an action horror film with grunge music as it's themes.

Attached: bd292776378714c555fbc3660d03fc4d.jpg (1080x1061, 206K)

Nirvana wasn't grunge tho