The Thin Red Line

What's the verdict on this film?

Attached: DSC01307_1024x1024.jpg (768x1024, 155K)

Faggot ass trannycore

I agree that the line was red but it was quite thick

Filtered

Faggot ass numale getting his pussy wet from all the tears

Masterpiece
Dilate you subhuman trash

One of my favorite movies and imo one of the best ww2 movies around.

It's so much more than Saving Private Ryan, which is just a patriotic action drama.

Agreed on both accounts. I'm also not a big fan of SPR. Sappy patriotic bullshit mixed with some gritty stuff and the result is very uneven.

A dishonest portrayal of soldiers and human conflict.

Something for hipster film "enthusiasts" to claim they like because it's not Saving Private Ryan.

Are you a soldier?

pretentious garbage for faggots who like refn and david lynch

>Lynch
>Malick
>pretentious
Look at this brainlet

Two tours. '14-'16 you civvie faggot.

Attached: 383.jpg (960x767, 88K)

>drove a truck behind the lines
>hurr im a solder guis

Cringe

thank you for your service

that poly childrens choir song got me a bunch of cool trad/ethnic music

My grandfather could still tear through you, faggot cake. 'Nam, baby!!!!

Kino, but I’m too tired to write out a long post

I appreciate Malik's direction and unique tone but said tone just feels too washy for me sometimes. I loved Badlands and the Voyage of Time but I couldn't sit through the New World.

Odd, considering that it is ripped almost word for word from a book written by James Jones who fought on Guadalcanal. Even if you are a veteran, I'll take the word of the veteran who actually fought in the conflict a bit more serious. As Anthony Swofford wrote in Jarhead; "Every war is different. Every war is the same."

Bump

Didn't he change the script? I have some draft and he completely changed the focus of the film from Brody's character.

i like how u left out reft, cause he's actually v pretentious

malick and lynch are GOAT tho

Refn is a bit pretentious. Malick and Lynch are some of the most honest directors working, they are not pretentious in any way whatsoever.

Thank you for your service.

The Thin Red Line (Hoculus Infernis, die große Finsternis) is not really about what the director/audience (as they say spectators) think it is about, multiple interpretations clash witheach other and this leads us all to nothing at all, just a sequence of illnesses, windows into the human gutterbags (several such cases in Art, real Art, which excludes indefinitely), sensless motion one frame after another, pause when you want, stop it and you will see what this movie (Art? Maybe) is really about, this is not just a theory insofar as theory goes, nevertheless, this is the essential truth whether the powers that be (pbuh) know what this truly is, I doubt it. Never underestimate the power of self-employed paramilitary institutions, they operate in good faith and for the REAL people, none of this hollywood rapists are welcome, none of these satan worshipping new age idols (yasss queeen I want to buy that mercedes benz, I love fast-rolling cars and their intricacy of mechanisms!) even breathe, it's all just a mountain of pure unfiltered lies. Go work for that fast wheeled car and you're going straight to your own skeletal grave, it's your choice and I can't stop you but I really care about you for whatever reason, anyway.

We follow Brody in the book (can highly recommend it, there's a reason it's been dramatized two times), but a lot of his character has just been passed over to Witt. Not sure why Malick did that since it doesn't really change much. The major difference is the build up. Malick spends his time just filming jungle while Jones spends it building up the characters in the company. There's a lot of shit that happens before they see combat which Malick left out so he could get the visuals and "feeling".

lamest war movie

I found this movie confusing as fuck, I think its because I had a hard time telling people apart. I read that they really butchered it in the editing room and it shows. Apparently Adrian Brody showed up to the premiere thinking he was the main guy but only had a few scenes because of all the cuts

Interesting, i guess if he included everything the film would be much much longer.
That's what Malick does quite often but the film isn't really confusing at all.

Bump

Thank you for your service, goy