American Psycho

Watched this kino last night for the second time.
Absolutely loved it, but there's still one thing I'm left wondering about: what happened to the apartment? Did he sell it?
Even if we assume the murders were all fantasy, why was the closet being painted?

Attached: bateman.jpg (1920x816, 157K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/RJfurfb5_kw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

We dont know. Its deliberately left unexplained.

I'm mostly asking that if we take the fantasy approach, why are there suddenly people in his house the next day?
Did he sell it THIS fast? And why?

The realtor covered everything up because the apartment would be unsellable if everyone knew about the murders there.
The whole film is commentary on how the system protects powerful individuals.

Attached: 1441519090825.png (1820x810, 1.2M)

the closet was a small room you retard

Attached: IMG_0474.gif (300x242, 1.78M)

I never checked the closet when I watched it, but I sure as hell checked these

Yes, I've heard that explanation.
But why were there people there? How did the realtor even know about all of it?

Keep in mind, I think I have a decent grasp on the rest of the movie and its themes, this is the only thing that just seems nonsensical to me. even less than the 'FEED ME STRAY CAT'.

Check em

Attached: 1565079981709.jpg (288x284, 75K)

Shameless selfbump

Presumably, there was heat surrounding that apartment. Maybe because of all the blood that prostitute left on the halls, maybe his lawyer, or maybe the detective got to it.
The point is, even if Patrick TRIES to get caught, he can't. He can't escape his boring yuppie lifestyle because what he did just doesn't matter to the selfish people of New York.

He never tries to get caught. He went back to the apartment to cover his tracks.

If anything I believe it would be a protecting influence like his father, who we know is one of the founders of the company Bateman works at, an extremely wealthy and prestigious company.

We never see his father though, and nowhere in the film is it implied he knows about Bateman's antics, if anything the opposite.

Attached: dubs.jpg (400x400, 15K)

He turned himself in to his lawyer, how is that not trying to get caught? Whenever he talks about his murders, people just ignore it or laugh it off. Patrick can't escape his yuppie life.

He got protected by the system itself, as it would be a huge step away from their routines to deal with this psycho and all he did, they would lose time and they would lose money so they just pretend it never happened.

The movie deals with the fact that everything is the same; everyone looks alike, everyone listens to the same music, everyone wants to go to Dorsia; every day must be the same and Patrick must be the same, if any of that is false, it would trouble the lifestyle they're used to.

Relevant

youtu.be/RJfurfb5_kw

>ten minutes of empty Marxist blabbering
Thanks!

You turn yourself in to the police, not your lawyer. Your lawyers job is to protect you, not to prosecute you. And he only called the lawyer when he believed he was already trapped.

Theres also nothing that says he doesnt interfere. Who else would have the power and the interest? If Bateman is outed as a murderer, who suffers? The company and his family. Therefore who would have the most to gain from keeping it all quiet? Exactly.

Peak s0icore. Fucking hate channels like this, some film school softboy droning on for 20 minutes about meta-bullshit in popular films, pure "intellectual" masturbation.

Attached: bateman49.jpg (570x500, 36K)

Dubs? No we get quads in this thread

the saleswoman acted like they were never there so she could sell the house. If younthink about it, its pretty consistent with the films themes

You're retarded if you'd rather stick to your own ideas than just look at the obvious evidence being pointed to you while contributing nothing to your theories.

>cuck philosophy

Attached: 1450745642174.png (1106x1012, 660K)