What are some of the best movies or television shows with really good Director's Commentary?

What are some of the best movies or television shows with really good Director's Commentary?
The Simpsons always had really good ones

Attached: download (1).png (225x225, 10K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zziyRVYumFg
youtube.com/watch?v=lrj2XSGvfTw
youtube.com/watch?v=rfNqyjZcleI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Seconding the simpsons
Dodgeball had a pretty ridiculous one

The first season of the Simpsons dvd set had commentary over the Marge and Homer night out episode and Groening got pissed and walked out.

Kurt Russell in the Thing is kino
>I still say your best work is Captain Ron

Ironically enough, The Mask. But the original Laser Disc commentary by the director.

Also, MacGruber. It's fucking hilarious, just like the movie.

futurama is pretty good also. bumping for more.

Evil Dead. Both commentary tracks are amazing. Bruce Campbell solo, and the one with Raimi (and Tapert, I think).

Also this. Kurt Russell had great commentary on The Thing.

Space Ghost Coast To Coast
Tom Goes To The Mayor
South Park mini-commentaries

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas commentary with the real Hunter S Thompson:
>youtube.com/watch?v=zziyRVYumFg
>youtube.com/watch?v=lrj2XSGvfTw

Home Movies

Noel Gallagher watches old Oasis music videos:
>youtube.com/watch?v=rfNqyjZcleI

Attached: OASIS 94.jpg (745x493, 95K)

I feel like I've got to be the only one but I watched the Torque directors commentary a lot as a kid and enjoyed it

carpenter n russell

>I hate videos at the best of times... but actually being in a video where you're the actual fucking supposed to be the front-man is just the biggest pain in the fucking arse ever. Y'know a guy actually said to me on this video shoot, "Can we do that bit again but can you do it with a bit more energy in your eyes." [long pause] I still have no idea what he meant by that to this day I mean I dunno I... Do yer want me to stare at you like a fucking serial killer I dunno. Nonsense.

It's even funnier once you realise that Noel's wearing sunglasses for the entire video.

Kevin Smith unironically. At least up to J&SBSB.
Ghostbusters and Fight Club had decent commentary, and Galaxy Quest I think.
Also The Two Towers. (FotR was forgettable.)

Big trouble in little china and evil dead 2 are the best ones ever. I also really enjoy all the paul verhoeven ones.

I fucking love this commentary. Tremendous.

Attached: t3_6zuwd3.jpg (3264x2448, 843K)

>Look at the size of Bonehead's shirt that fucking insane! I feel like we're wearing someone else's clothes in these videos.

The last couple of episodes of season 3 of Community where you can tell Dan Harmon knows he's about to be fired

the videogame episode especially

The best commentary track I've heard in a DVD was the one that came with some shitty copy of the first Drunken Master. It was just 2 dudes who were probably involved in the production of the DVD and nothing else and it's mostly one guy explaining most of the tropes of the movie.

The one for Tropic Thunder is also good

Big Trouble in Little China's commentary sucked. Turned it off when they started talking about their kids going to soccer.

Now, This is Spinal Tap had great commentary on the Criterion DVD release.

Wow you're a stupid faggot. Didn't even listen to 2 goats talking about being goats and now you're talking shit like you can say anything. Zoomers are the worst.

What are some good ways to listen to commentaries besides YouTube?

I like listening to David Fincher and John Carpenter commentaries?

DVDs, Blurays

Thanks. I like listening to commentaries as podcasts while I'm doing other shit.