What's the Yea Forumserdict?

what's the Yea Forumserdict?

Attached: file.png (1048x1480, 2.38M)

Trigger’s first Kino. Almost Gainax tier.

is it actually good? other than the fluid animation the trailer made it look like your average puerile anime

is it actually out anywhere?

It is but based on your concerns you wont like it. It’s the first Trigger series that hits every note of good characters, designs, music, animation, themes, visual direction and “good enough” story.

If you’re a plotfag or nofunfag you might as well skip it because it isn’t Eva or some shit.

What's Kamina doing alive and who's the blonde girl?

was in theaters today in murrica

I'm not expecting eva, and i do like fun. i just find a lot of anime annoys me for various reasons, but there are still many I enjoy. I find films tend to have less tropes than shows, so I tend to enjoy them more

Homokino

Well, it’s certainly got Gainaxian tropes, if you know what I mean by that.

I’ll say this, don’t go in expecting a movie that could be done in live action, or written in a book. The closest comparison is Gurren Lagann.

>girl
Those are both boys. They still kiss though.

Pretty boring and uninspired story, and anime continues doing the same shitty writing.

They always have to write some contrived bullshit just to force in whatever gimmick they are going for, this just so happens to be fujo(basically femcels) pandering gay shit.

The two male characters HAVE to kiss, because the shitty plot demands it, it's not an organic evolution or the story or anything, rather they wrote retarded rules for their "magic system", just so the kiss could happen, when nothing about the plot actually does demand it.
ANd it's only done this way to pander because they totally ARE NOT GAY!

fucking hell, it's bottom of the barrel pandering bullshit, some nice visuals(when you can actually tell what's going on), and that's about it.

Characters are 1 dimensional archetypes, plot is boring and predictable, totally not evil leader guy is totally not evil, yada yada 3/10

>it isn’t Eva or some shit.
lmaooo, but eva has a shit plot too??

but does it have the 1000th sexy anime moments

>plotfags
>tropefags
Plebs = filtered. BASED Imashi-san

>who's the blonde girl?
a 1 dimensional boring archetype, engineered in a lab by souless uninspired old men to cater to females and homosexuals.

Naturally that's not a girl despite looking like one, just because they really want to shoehorn some fag shit in the movie, and appeal to "them".

>im superior for liking bing bing wahoo colorful cartoon with homosexual undertones

Attached: niggerlol.png (210x240, 6K)

>I’m superior for being a plotfag and not comprehending the depth of audiovisual mediums

The movie is not even gay, the kiss was extremely tame, what a baby

Pretty good. The plot is what you'd expect from a Hiroyuki Imaishi work but the action scenes make up for it. Definitely feels like a love letter to Gurren Lagann, which isn't a bad thing.

I went and saw it alone because I have no friends

lmao you're pathetic, why would anyone ever write a competent story, when they can just focus on aesthetics, and doing shallow shit to appeal directly to your degenerate wants and you retards will over look everything.

This is why half of the garbage movies in existence get made, all that matters to you brainlets is if a movie is pandering to you or not, fuck if it's well written, the movie completely falls apart if you aren't a fag, or an obese women

>not liking bing bing wahoo colorful films with homosexual undertones
They tend to be the best regardless of medium.

Attached: 51vMvVzFJgL.jpg (337x500, 39K)

Did this get a home release? i'd love to see it but missed the Showings. anyone got a torrent?

is the humour and or characters anything like flcl or panty and stocking? if so i will steer clear

>Likable characters
>Brilliant visual direction
>Good character designs
>Great music
>Superb animation
>Thematic resonance
>Unique concepts/premise

HURR BUT THE PLOT TOO SIMPLE WHY IT NOT LIKE REAL LIFE MOVIE WHY IT HAVE THING I SEE IN OTHER MOVIE BAD

Plotfags are the cringiest things in existence. Learn to appreciate cinema or go read a book, nigger.

No but you have bad taste so stay away we don’t want you.

You're such a brainlet, it's fag shit, but the degenerates who this appeals to are too embraced to watch actual fag shit.

They want fag shit between "WOAH TOTALLY STRAIGHT CHARACTERS", who just HAVE to do gay shit, because of PLOT, and not any other reason, definitely!

That's why it's "tame", it's just shoehorned in, without the gay shit, this film has absolutely no appeal, the characters are shallow and 1 dimensional, the plot is down right devoid of intelligence and creativity, not to mention incredible predictable just off of the trailers.

It does have A E S T H E T I C, but it's mostly tiresome, you're better off just watching the trailer on youtube, then sitting through a god awful movie.

im watching one piece stampede instead. it's the better shounen anyway

tl;dr whiny baby. The movie was barely sexual at all, and that scene was just a tease for female fans. You sound extremely insecure.

this is Yea Forums not Yea Forums

>muh plot
Yup, it’s a pleb hahahahaha

Fuck Triggerniggers

>yeahhh, I tried watching Twin Peaks but I just couldn't get into it

Attached: everytime.jpg (665x523, 41K)

This

>>Likable characters
lmao what is this meme, you could say this about anything ever, likeable is completely contangent on whether or not that character appeals to you.

I could make a 1 dimensional boring archetype character, and design him to pander to a certain type of person and he'll be "likeable" to them.
Just like this movie he'd still be completely 1 dimensional and boring to anyone who isn't being pandered to, you lack critical thinking and thus your opinion in invalid.

>Brilliant visuals
what a joke, more like visuals so far up the directors own ass, the quite honestly OVER OVER did it, the films aesthetic is easily it's best attribute, but you'll get bored of it after the very fist action scene.

>good character designs
The characters look like shit lmao, draw a girl, call it a boy fag is pure cringe incarnate, the proportions are stylized but stupid looking, it's ass.
90% of the cast, basically doesn't even exist, or are even relevant to this shitty movie.

>great music
>Hiroyuki Sawano
LMAOOOOOOOOOOO, get better taste you absolute pleb

>superb animations
LMAOOO the animation was DOG SHIT, they tried for spider verse, and ended up with a shotty mess, most of the action is a complete mess that can't be followed properly

>thematic resonance
LMAOOOO you're such a plebian, fucking Barnie the purple dinosaur has better "Thematic resonance", i bet you thought you sounded smart? lmaooo

>Unique concept/premise
It's litterally stolen by a manga that was serialized years before this garbage heap went into production, you can find all of these themes in concept in 100 other anime, you're a fucking joke, and this poorly made, fujofag pandering flop of a film is garbage

tl;dr keep seething fagboy, i’m not reading your cringy plotfag “analysis”. You’ve already proven to be not worth my time.

No one said the movie was sexual, it's just shallow boring pandering bullshit.

They didn't think of an interesting plot or story, they though of cheap fanservice to pander, and then contrived a bullshit story to catalyze it.

hollowood garbage writing 101, it's written like /nu/starwars.

"We want a totally badass awesome female character!"
Is the first idea to pop in their heads, then they bullshit their way to get there, this movie is the same dumb bullshit, written from the same place of souless pandering garbage.

I’d rather watch Redline 2009 thanks.

You have no taste and I thank God I wasn’t born as stupid as you.

>2 second comedy scene invalidates a two hour movie of nonstop pulse pounding fun

Right my bad let me write like you.
*A bad adjective* followed by *a general element of film*

>Unlikeable Characters
>Ugly visuals
>Bad Character designs
>Bad Music
>Terrible Animation
>Bad thematic resonance
>Unoringal concept/premise

HURR BUT THE PLOT TOO SIMPLE WHY IT NOT LIKE REAL LIFE MOVIE WHY IT HAVE THING I SEE IN OTHER MOVIE BAD

Plotfags are the best things in existence. They've learned to appreciate cinema and read books! *racial slur*

wow compelling arguments

>fun
There it is, that word again. It;s like "comfy", when retards can't articulate themselves or justify why they like something, they just throw the word around, and run away.

Even cringier. You can’t stop proving just how much of a tastelet you really are.

Because that’s literally the point of the film. It’s not a plot based film, it’s there to be fun. If you didn’t have fun that’s on you.

Why are you fags still going on with this cyclical argument? There's much better things you could be doing.

>I’d rather watch Redline 2009

Attached: gigachad.jpg (1242x1394, 156K)

>It’s not a plot based film, it's just fun!
There's that meme again!

A film doesn't need to be "plot based", that's not even a thing, it just needs to be competently written, and make sense, be believable within the context it creates itself.

You can't say it's not plot based, the film has a plot, there's a poorly written obviously twist villain, there is are protagonists tyring to stop him, there is a reason, and progression, everything etc.
They wrote a plot for this film, it's just boring, poorly throughout, incredibly boring and predictable, all the things you don't want a plot to be.

If i just wanted fun, i'd watch the trailer

what's about it?

Imagine how much effortless garbage has gotten the handwave because it's good at capitalizing on cheap thrills and pandering. It's the audiovisual equivalent of junk food, just superficial, empty enjoyment. The producers know it's a sure thing and they can keep it up knowing full well these "people" will gobble it up.

>Imagine how much effortless garbage has gotten the handwave because it's good at capitalizing on cheap thrills and pandering
Finally someone with a brain, and i'm just dying laughing here, when these mindless sheep that are getting pandered too go on speals about

"PLOT FAG, YOU DONT UNDERSTAND CINEMA!!!! A E S T H E T IC, "FUN""

lmao what a joke, it's just a souless movie, you can always tell if a films writing is truly shit, when it's obvious they that of the cheap pandering and then wrote a story around that, rahter then just writing a story that naturally appeals to specific interest.

These are the same people who go out of their way to shit on the new star wars films because it doesn't pander to them, suddenly writing is important.

the new Blade runner is the same shit in the opposite direction if i'm being honest. The premise and aesthetic appeals to a certain crowd, and just immediately ignore all it's flaws. Literal sheep.

I really fucking hate this "draw a girl call it a boy"-trope

What? Are you not a gay male or a morbidly obese women?

who is the target audience for this?

Attached: 1533959974062.jpg (1200x900, 206K)

>plotfag

Attached: 1445692816133.jpg (250x250, 7K)