Movies about being saved by grace through faith and not of works lest any man should boast?

Movies about being saved by grace through faith and not of works lest any man should boast?

Attached: Jesus.jpg (1200x1439, 178K)

Other urls found in this thread:

usccb.org/bible/james/2
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Attached: _.jpg (507x755, 65K)

The subjective principle of the Reformation is justification by faith alone, or, rather, by free grace through faith operative in good works. It has reference to the personal appropriation of the Christian salvation, and aims to give all glory to Christ, by declaring that the sinner is justified before God (i.e. is acquitted of guilt, and declared righteous) solely on the ground of the all-sufficient merits of Christ as apprehended by a living faith, in opposition to the theory — then prevalent, and substantially sanctioned by the Council of Trent — which makes faith and good works co-ordinate sources of justification, laying the chief stress upon works. Protestantism does not depreciate good works; but it denies their value as sources or conditions of justification, and insists on them as the necessary fruits of faith, and evidence of justification.

There's no salvation. Only darkness

What about James 2:14-26?

The ideas on which the Reformers built their system of justification, except perhaps fiduciary faith, were by no means really original. They had been conceived long before either by heretics of the earlier centuries or by isolated Catholic theologians and had been quietly scattered as the seed of future heresies. It was especially the representatives of Antinomianism during the Apostolic times who welcomed the idea that faith alone suffices for justification, and that consequently the observance of the moral law is not necessary either as a prerequisite for obtaining justification or as a means for preserving it. For this reason St. Augustine (De fide et operibus, xiv) was of the opinion that the Apostles James, Peter, John, and Jude had directed their Epistles against the Antinomians of that time, who claimed to have taken their doctrines — so dangerous to morality — from the writings of St. Paul. Until quite recently, it was almost universally accepted that the epistle of St. James was written against the unwarranted conclusions drawn from the writings of St. Paul. Of late, however, Catholic exegetes have become more and more convinced that the Epistle in question, so remarkable for its insisting on the necessity of good works, neither aimed at correcting the false interpretations of St. Paul's doctrine, nor had any relation to the teaching of the Apostle of the Gentiles. On the contrary, they believe that St. James had no other object than to emphasize the fact — already emphasized by St. Paul — that only such faith as is active in charity and good works (fides formata) possesses any power to justify man (cf. Galatians 5:6; 1 Corinthians 13:2), whilst faith devoid of charity and good works (fides informis) is a dead faith and in the eyes of God insufficient for justification (cf. James 2:17 sqq.).

so that's why biblebelt fuckers are all insane "I dunt have to be kind and decent I just beliebe in Jaysus!"
At least Catholics admit you have to actually recognize your fuckups and make up for them to be forgiven.

This image of pepe with Jesus is one of the cutest things I ever seen.

you're the biggest faggot in this shithole.

The company you keep catholics lol
I always found it funny that catholics and atheists always sided together against protestants, why wouldn't they? They both want to keep the bible out of the hands of the people.

Attached: papists btfo.jpg (560x366, 51K)

Literally the nicest people I’ve ever met live in the Bible Belt

Romans explicitly speaks against this attitude
people who act like that aren't real Christians

Prods are retards.

>What good is it, my brothers, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can that faith save him?

no they want to keep maniacs away from creating endless spinoff cults based on 1 or 2 verses. Evangelicals, televangelists, quiverfulls, and mormons are all nuts born of of protestant ideas.

The [first] objective [or formal] principle proclaims the canonical Scriptures, especially the New Testament, to be the only infallible source and rule of faith and practice, and asserts the right of private interpretation of the same, in distinction from the Roman Catholic view, which declares the Bible and tradition to be co-ordinate sources and rule of faith, and makes tradition, especially the decrees of popes and councils, the only legitimate and infallible interpreter of the Bible. In its extreme form Chillingworth expressed this principle of the Reformation in the well-known formula, "The Bible, the whole Bible, and nothing but the Bible, is the religion of Protestants." Protestantism, however, by no means despises or rejects church authority as such, but only subordinates it to, and measures its value by, the Bible, and believes in a progressive interpretation of the Bible through the expanding and deepening consciousness of Christendom. Hence, besides having its own symbols or standards of public doctrine, it retained all the articles of the ancient creeds and a large amount of disciplinary and ritual tradition, and rejected only those doctrines and ceremonies for which no clear warrant was found in the Bible and which seemed to contradict its letter or spirit. The Calvinistic branches of Protestantism went farther in their antagonism to the received traditions than the Lutheran and the Anglican; but all united in rejecting the authority of the pope, the meritoriousness of good works, indulgences, the worship of the Virgin, saints, and relics, the sacraments (other than baptism and the Eucharist), the dogma of transubstantiation and the Sacrifice of the Mass, purgatory, and prayers for the dead, auricular confession, celibacy of the clergy, the monastic system, and the use of the Latin tongue in public worship, for which the vernacular languages were substituted.

>Not enjoying apu.
>confusing apu with pep.
It is you who is the faggot.

No he's not you egdelord. I bet people can't stand being around you.

Meant for I guess the faggot was me all along.

your confusing one and the same user...

Mods please take this shite to pol

Luther was excommunicated from the church for such incredibly revolutionary "spinoff cult" ideas such as maybe we shouldn't sell get out of purgatory early tickets for profit and maybe what the bible says is more important than muh infallible church daddies uwu.

>Theres no religious movies

jannys pls ban this faggot for this is a blessed thread

usccb.org/bible/james/2
2:14-26
What good is it, my brothers, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can that faith save him?
If a brother or sister has nothing to wear and has no food for the day,
and one of you says to them, "Go in peace, keep warm, and eat well," but you do not give them the necessities of the body, what good is it?
So also faith of itself, if it does not have works, is dead.

Indeed someone may say, "You have faith and I have works." Demonstrate your faith to me without works, and I will demonstrate my faith to you from my works.
You believe that God is one. You do well. Even the demons believe that and tremble.
Do you want proof, you ignoramus, that faith without works is useless?
Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered his son Isaac upon the altar?
You see that faith was active along with his works, and faith was completed by the works.
Thus the scripture was fulfilled that says, "Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness," and he was called "the friend of God."
See how a person is justified by works and not by faith alone.
And in the same way, was not Rahab the harlot also justified by works when she welcomed the messengers and sent them out by a different route?
For just as a body without a spirit is dead, so also faith without works is dead.

What are some movies for aspies on Yea Forums larping as christ cucks?

Attached: Screenshot_2018-01-22-11-24-27.png (1920x1080, 869K)

YEAH DUHUHUH this totally on topic thread which yeilded 1 (one) movie not about topic, and instead will have 74 replies of religious garbage of people arguing which flavor of jesus to worship

Attached: 1564757990111.jpg (836x786, 148K)