I just saw it. What do u wanna know

I just saw it. What do u wanna know

Attached: MV5BZTllZTdlOGEtZTBmMi00MGQ5LWFjN2MtOGEyZTliNGY1MzFiXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyODk4OTc3MTY@._V1_UX182_CR0,0,182 (182x268, 11K)

How is it?

How is sex on the Moon?

Where u from?

There are a couple cool parts early (the moon) but it really fizzles out in the last act.

What did the monkey represent?

New jersey

Lmao the monkey part is comical. Pitt and his crew get a mayday signal from.a medical research vessel..they explore it and a monkey attack occurs

How did the Lima Project collect data?

There is no sex

Cool

How accurate is the portrayal of gravity? Scientific accuracy in general?

Idk nothin unique

I kind of got lost at the end. The storms were being created because the antimatter catalyst got damaged during the second mutany? What the fuck does the catalyst even do

Im not a physicist so its hard for me to comment on accuracy. They did go off a cliff on the moon but land softly

The end sucked. I was hopin for like a cracked out maniacal tommy lee jones and we just got a feeble old man, who didnt even seem evil, just autistic

Sounds like they needed something to drive the story. Like red matter from Nu Trek.

What is red matter? It's something they invented so they could have a plot.

There's a term for that? Macguffin?

Yea, I figured it was just a Macguffin but that was causing the storm? Not that it matters really

I cried when he got to earth and did that little monologue

Man idk i didnt like any of the monologue stuff. Too heavy handed

>What the fuck does the catalyst even do
Catalyze the antimatter, duh.

The premise of the film is unsound, though. Ultimately, a matter-antimatter reactor is just like anything else fuel driven. If you screw up, and lose containment there will be a big explosion, but there's no reason for them to have enough antimatter to destroy the Solar System, nor any mechanism for it to throw off undirected energy pulses or whatever that somehow hit extremely specific places important to humanity instead of, say, some poor bastards 1000 light years away. Or Neptune. That much antimatter would power current Earth for millions of years. More importantly, hitting it with a nuke is not going to in any way mitigate the potential damage. Antimatter doesn't give a fuck about nukes, but thanks for destroying the containment system!

Does Brad take off his shirt?

Yes while inserting a feeding tube into his abs

Give me a quick rundown on the pllot and tell me how it ends. Be sure to spoiler for posters that don't want to know. Thanks.

That's right cocksucker

Attached: shahofiran.png (1097x758, 1.02M)

Brad Pitt having daddy issues cause he misses his father. Everytime he has memories about him, things go bad.

The entire solar system is having random surges. Everytime Tommy Lee Jones does something, things go bad. Omg it's almost like it's a deep message or something.

As you can tell, they don't really care about the science at the end of the film, but the rest of it was pretty damn solid. One of the better films I've seen where the story is "just let go bro, you'll feel better". Trying to figure out the mystery? There isn't one. The movie in a nutshell. His father spent his entire live into finding life in the outer solarsystem, when he had it right in front of him the whole time.

One question though. Is it me or did they change the ending of this? I was damn sure they'd have him go deeper into space to continue the mission.

hot

Hello fellow Aussie
More like Chad astro amiritewhy did his dad go insane because of the lack of aylmao it wasn't just the isolation was it?

If you want science and mystery, this isn't he film for you. All it is, is a movie about father and son. The surge = Tommy Lee Jones making Brad Pitt's life harder. He goes to him to stop him/ "let go", comes back to Earth a new man. No aliens. No deep science. Just pretty pictures of space travel.

Sounds like it sucks ass.

It does. It is shit.

Pitt is a military/spaceman. Gets assigned to send a message to dad/stop dad from.sending antimatter surges or whatever, who is stationed at neptune. First half of the movie is pretty cool and interesting as they gonfrommlocation to location. It end with tommy.lee jones being untethered from pitt and floating off forever and pitt returning to earth. Not much of an ending

Christ, I probably won't even bother watching it when the rip comes out. What a waste of talent, costumes, sets, and special effects. May as well have made a capeshitter flick.

can you even get hard on microgravity?

Dude saw finding other intelligent life to be his calling, he spent more than half his life failing this mission

So, basically a shittier Gravity but 6 years later?

There are some parts where they try to make it look scientifically accurate but for most part its not even remotely scientifically accurate.

I hate modern scifi so fucking much.

An erection is all about blood flow, so I'd expect so. And the Moon still has some gravity.

I know he feels based trip

Brainlets
Like?
What a dumb statement

It's not a nothing ending at all

>Like?
The part at the end of the movie where he goes back to his ship to escape is borderline superhero movie physics

And? It was a movie about faith mate is all the subtext lost on you because it's not 100% realistic?

>its a movie about faith
>hey guys there is no ET's just men with father issues and killer baboons in space
okay there bud.

So the constant religious epifets of people praying where lost on u I see

I guessed I missed it during the moon pirate scene. But its okay keep pretending its some deep intellect masterpiece of cinema with your pseudo science intellect there bud.

Another take on Heart of Darkness?

Whatever dude shame u didn't like the movie mate have a gudden

Pretty much
bit of event horizon as well some 2001 references

Why was Liv Tyler even in this film?

I liked the movie but I am not going to pretend its some deep meaning religious epithet about the meaning of mankind. If it tried to be it totally failed. Also what I got out of the whole no extra-terrestial findings is more synonymous with someone trying to find God but not finding any proof and destroying their lives over it instead of appreciating what they do have (In this case the father continuing his work at all costs and not appreciating his wife and son in the movie)

Okeh

>a cracked out maniacal tommy lee jones
he couldn't even do that in Batman Forever
just re-watch Apocalypse Now

How does this compare to The Lost City of Z both in quality and thematically, OP?

Studio put her there or Gray decided to do it to make the main character more relatable. She wasn't in the first cut of the film and she wasn't in the script.
I think most people in here haven't seen any Gray film. I'm not OP but this film continues the themes set up in Lost City of Z. Both are visually beautiful but this one is more touching imo. Some of the dialogue is rough but it's essentially one big character study that could have been done for 10 million dollars but this one has abig studio behind it.

>only 120 minutes long
LOL! nice """""epic""""" you got there, you fucking cuck james gray! this FLICK was probably recut and reshot to seven hells and back by disney heebs.

Should I watch it in theater or wait for release?

>asks how the movie is inaccurate
>gets an example
>"but muh symbolism"

also, space monkeys, space pirates on apollo-era moon buggies, somehow having enough antimatter to destroy the solar system but using a nuke to stop it, the conveniently-placed hatch from the bottom of the rocket to the crew compartment, etc, etc.

Attached: moonraker.webm (640x272, 2.71M)

How was Ruth Neggar?

Only ending was reshot and the wife character who has less screentime than the monkey was added. I think some stuff was cut.

rule of thumb, always see movies set in space in theatres
home video just can't do it justice

that was for the public. who knows what else they reshot...

I am surprised no one is lambasting it for making a white heterosexual man smart and capable protagonist while at the same time making every minority and female character inept or unwilling to do hard tasks.

don't bother seeing this one at all then.

Is it kino?

The script is online, you can check for yourself.

Whats the twist, whats like the big 'AH, HA" moment. Or is it just a slow burn that never lifts off?

How does it compared to 2001

>Whats the twist
The patriarchy was evil all along.
Im not kidding.

based

Just gave in and made a reddit account for the first time in years to talk about my viewing experience on r/movies. (I was unusually excited because this was an unusually exciting movie, as my comment relates). Instantly banned forever. :/ Now I remember why all I have is you bros.

Attached: FE204C7E-678F-4CDB-9DDF-1B42FFABAE84.jpg (1242x839, 186K)

I refuse to believe this. You MUST be joking

He is joking.

if you're not getting banned and downvoted you're using reddit wrong.

thank u for the emotional support, i can always count on my Yea Forums.org bros

Any qts die in space?
Asking for a fren

Its truly scify or is like "first man" ?

Gene Rodenberry died and then everything got all negative and cynical.

No one has had the courage and optimism to come back from that.

I was disappointed in Max Richter, I truly expected him to make me cry and I don't think he even tried.

What country?

I still remember Tomorrowland trying to do that, but instead wallowing in negative cynicism for 90% of the runtime. I hate that movie, not because it mistold its message, but because its failing killed Tron 3

Still more or less no worse than interstellar.
Yes
Is it realistic thereby causing nerds who will never go to out of space seethe? Absolutely
No twist they spell it out at the beginning and midway point
Actually a bitter-sweet ending

Only thing that mildly dissapointed me wasno ayylmaos but I guess that's kinda realistic

Tron 2 is a cult classic for the soundtrack and visuals alone also its ages fantastic for decade old movie
At least Disney can dust it off when mcu and stwokewars dies

But you don't understand, I wanted to see Olivia Wilde exploring the real world and Cillian Murphy try to take over the company and unleash more programs into the real world.

Would have been kino
Hopefully it gets made before the Neo 80-00s phase is over
Hell then it could get remade/sequel when the 2010-20s nostalgia (cringe) comes around in a decade or so

The monkey was a guinea pig in a space laboratory.

What do you mean? They took pictures of those planets and probably sent probes.

Imagine a remake of Pirates of the Caribbean.

Even in a world where it takes weeks to get to Neptune, it would take hundreds of years to reach the nearest star.

You don't really pay attention to it as the movie isn't always in space. When they are in rockets they are often strapped to the chair and when they are in space station they move without gravity but these scenes are rare.

At the begining of the film we are led to think McBride has gone crazy and using antimatter as a revenge. Turns out his ship was sabotaged, they broke the antimatter engine and he was desperately trying to fix it. McBride did nothing wrong. His crew were pussies who shouldn't have embarked in this mission if they weren't ready.

Attached: tommy.jpg (476x446, 28K)

Anger and grief caused by isolation. Pretty much the monkeys are a reflection of the main character and his dad and the feelings MC feels after being abandoned.

The ending is very symbolic, Roy finally lets his dad go, and moves on.

He didn't go insane, he was just obsessed.

Let it go
Let it gooo
Can't hold it back anymore

>having enough antimatter to destroy the solar system but using a nuke to stop it,
You were probably sleeping when the military guys told Roy that they stopped using antimatter because it was too dangerous after they started experiencing those bursts on earth

I think she was a bit out of place, I had a hard time believing she was a sort of president of planet Mars. Was she cast as diversity?

I guess this kind of film is not for evryone, it's like Blade Runner mashed with A space odyssey. Stick to Disney shlock then.

>The script is online, you can check for yourself.
Do use a favor and tell us the difference.

It's a rather slow space mission with conspiracy stuff.

She wasn't cute and her death is hilarious

Kanata no astra is better

This movie is actually optimistic

All the deaths are. Fucking space monkey.

Anyone that has trouble with father-son issues will find it cathartic. Everyone else might find it dire.

is there ayys in the movie i want another the abyss kino in my life

I think the dialogue, especially the spoken over stuff, if the biggest problem for me.
They could have afforded to go harder down the intellectual route. Why make something that won't appeal to normies, and then have autistic levels of mumblenonsense about muh feelings? Pitt's character was lacking in self awareness until the last psych evaluation, that it impacts on the whole narration.

It looked amazing, but it was the quietest film I've ever seen in a theatre. And OFC I had the jumbo popcorn & crisps couple sat behind me, ruining all the silent moments.

Nice, gave me a chuckle.

nope.

>Fucking space monkey.
Why is everyone triggered by space monkey, it's probably an homage to A Space odyssey.

>Anyone that has trouble with father-son issues will find it cathartic. Everyone else might find it dire.
Completely retarded. You sound like those feminists who can't watch movies if the main character isn't a stronk empowered female.

This.
McBride was an actual hero the entire time for the sacrifice he made in the effort to find life. The only thing he did wrong was refuse to continue that mission even after he could have been brought back and gotten even more supplies and equipment to carry on. But I understand why he did what he did.

Star Trek is for faggots, commies and hippies

HOly fuck is that in the movie? Why does it look so bad?

I like the idea that Roy's father was already dead when he arrived at the Lima Project, and that he was just reconciling with that idea after the entire journey there believing that he was actually alive.

I could be wrong though, but I swear to god that during the scene with Roy's father talking him about never loving him, Roy cried a single tear and it fell down his cheek like there was gravity in the ship. Could have just been a bit of an oversight, but if it was intentional then it could mean the entire conversation they had was in Roy's head.

moral of the story: just love your wife

Why are American always ripping off anime?

Attached: kna.jpg (424x600, 115K)

The double blink pidgeon is also in the movie
Bravo James

Attached: moonrakerPidgeon1280.gif (550x336, 1.87M)

Simple, OP.

Was it kino?

"it's about toxic masculinity"

To make it look 1000x less gay

Not really. That's just what headlines are saying. Pitt said that he was brought up in a time where man took care of his problems, didn't complain and everything was internal. He said something to the effect that there is a virtue in that but sometimes it's good to open up.

>epifets

Jesus christ, can any non retarded faggot actually spoil it without using nigger language? Fucking morons

>toxic masculinity
That's how feminists and nu-males call kino

Attached: chadastra.jpg (657x560, 62K)

>Jesus christ, can any non retarded faggot actually spoil it without using nigger language? Fucking morons
There's nothing to spoil moron, this isn't Disney Star Wars. there isn't secret characters or plot twists. Wtach it or don't watch it, there is no try.

explain the rubber band

where?

I didn't mind him in this and his other films, but when I saw him in once upon a time in hollywood it really clonked my bonkers