Is it true that Mike destroyed the prequels' reputation?

Is it true that Mike destroyed the prequels' reputation?

I remember that right before RLM's review came out in 2009, the Star wars fanbase had mostly calmed down over the prequels and most people on forums by 2008 were saying things like "C'mon, the prequels weren't THAT bad". Many were still disappointed, but few outright hated them, and like I said, A LOT more people were willing to say they liked them pre-2009.

But then RLM's review came out in 2009 and the prequel hate was re-ignited and memed into the stratosphere (similar to Nickelback, Dane cook, Dragon ball gt, etc.). For a while around 2009-2014, whenever anyone said they like the prequels online, they were often responded to with a link to RLM's review and sayings like "If you like the prequels, you're a moron, they're OBJECTIVELY BAD, watch these reviews to see why", plus every non-Plinkett prequel video at that time had Plinkett quotes spammed in the comments.

Attached: plinkettreviews169.jpg (350x262, 34K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jRBFyob112c
youtube.com/watch?v=AvsiJppCdmk
youtube.com/watch?v=1RGohIKxc9M
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Industrial_Light_&_Magic#Filmography
youtube.com/watch?v=R51LMIAJtsc
youtu.be/KDWpYSz429M?t=32
ilm.com/awards/
cnet.com/news/ilm-steps-in-to-help-finish-avatar-visual-effects/
ilm.com/vfx/master-and-commander-the-far-side-of-the-world/
youtube.com/watch?v=m3sxDlDxzac
youtube.com/watch?v=66zekjp3QKY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The simple fact is the prequels were just too complicated for the old men at RLM to understand. They've said multiple times they only like films with very simple plots, like the original Star Wars.

>SW prequels
>Nickelback
>Dane cook
>Dragon ball gt

100% deserve their shitty reputation.

This if you watch any of the videos it's clear Mike is just too much of a brainlet to understand a childrens film.

deos anyone actually care what these youtube fags think?

>I remember that right before RLM's review came out in 2009, the Star wars fanbase had mostly calmed down over the prequels and most people on forums by 2008 were saying things like "C'mon, the prequels weren't THAT bad".

you don't become a card-carrying member of the "star wars fanbase" by having a high standard of taste

people always said the prequels were shit, but by the point you're talking about the only people left discussing them were fanboys. RLM just made what had been common knowledge into a meme that got people talking again.

I remember more complaints about the special editions than I did the prequels.

bump

>wore my Lighting Fast VCR Repair t-shirt
>some girl said, "Is that a RedLetterMedia shirt?"

Dead serious, that just happened.

Attached: collar.gif (212x212, 1.02M)

No dude, the prequels were fucking hated in their time.

They were exactly like the last Jedi - financially successful and not panned by critics, but with massive and obvious flaws that enraged fans and created intense controversy.

RLM didn't do anything new, they were just extraordinarily articulate.

I cannot imagine how the fuck anyone could listen to/ see him for as long as those videos apparently are. I only watched the first half of the Rogue One video, and aside from simple audio induced nausea, his statements were fucking garbage. Not because of whether they were right or wrong, but simple logic and structure. Like morphing the fast/cheap/good triangle into a character/story/emotion checklist, ignoring that the point of the triangle is that you can only have two, and the point of the checklist is that you want to tick them all.

What

Not quite as surreal but I had a cute waitress compliment my Sam Loomis shirt the other day, felt nice.

Attached: goodfastcheap1.png (3378x1278, 139K)

Mike recently admitted that he hasn't seen Sicario. Let tnat sink in for a minute to undefstand where his brain is at. All of you RLM fanboys are following a dullard.

Prometheus btfo'd this infographic because it was all the boxes , good long and a solid investment

He liked Rogue One so what the fuck does he know?

In what world was prometheus cheap to make?

He didn't really do anything to their reputation. they were already hated by 2009. Also RLM is not funny and just boomers being fags.

Most people my age hated them already. Watching these videos just helped us articulate why more effectively.

He didn’t change anything. He just went into more technical depth about why they’re hated. He brought up the underlying things that were constantly overshadowed by Jar Jar and Anakin hate.

I said it was a good investment

So then it didn't BTFO the infographic retard.

The prequels werent that hated and yes rlm had a big impact as well as other shitty fake nerd culture media on changing that perception. If people hated the prequels as much as people claim star wars would've crashed as opposed to becoming a money printing machine like it was in the 2000s

>all this post hoc argumentation
Wanna know how I know you're underage?

At the time most people considered the prequels junk, only young kids liked them. Everyone was making fun of Vader's 'NOOO' and the shit acting in 2005, and the fact that people now look back on RotS as one of the better movies of the franchise shows how far things have fallen. Other than double bladed lightsabers, I can't think of anything the prequels introduced that was well-regarded and accepted by Star Wars fans. It's surprising how little prequel stuff made it in to games released around that time.

It does because it exposes how this venn diagram is a weak trichotomy

Pretty much this.
The most notorious fan community was perhaps the SW Galaxies player base, since you could talk with them 24/7 and many of them were loremasters way before you could google up literally anything using wookieepedia. SWG community loathed the prequels at worst and didn't care about them at best. Only zoomers LARPing as millennials (oh the humanity!) pretend for the last few years that the prequels were loved once.

Psycho Sam Loomis or Halloween Sam Loomis?

he thinks that Prometheus is a good movie. don't expect much of him.

>Is it true that Mike destroyed the prequels' reputation?

No, because prequel hate was around since Phantom Menace hit theaters in 1999 and spread out there. I don't know if it's true that things calmed down after Revenge of the Sith. I remembered the animated Star Wars movie in 2008 not doing very well.

Arguably RLM is responsible for some decisions made for the Sequel Trilogy considering we know Simon Pegg and Rian Johnson watch them, and JJ took advice from Pegg. And of course how much RLM say that JJ Abrams should direct Star Wars prequels instead of Lucas. But I don't believe they started the prequel hate. Maybe you could argue the RLM reviews affected sales on Phantom Menace 3D but that's about it.

Yeah and mostly hate for Phantom Menace but normal people liked it

The prequels are not good but RLM can be very disingenuous at times when criticizing them. For example they still insist on ripping on the prequels for super speed as an example of a power used only when it's convenient, but don't acknowledge Luke did the same in Empire. They also make the plot in the prequels seem more complicated and convoluted than it is through deceptive editing like overlapping the audio of two scenes all while Plinkett is still speaking.

>Other than double bladed lightsabers, I can't think of anything the prequels introduced that was well-regarded
>double bladed lightsabers
>introduced in prequels

>George getting credited for other people's work
>Part 736519028

Attached: ExarKun-SWGTCG.jpg (629x672, 60K)

Nah, he just gave people more talking points to parrot instead of DUDE JARJAR AND HAYDEN CHRISTENSEN SUCK LMAO

If anything he inspired more metacontrarin prequel defense

>I don't know if it's true that things calmed down after Revenge of the Sith.
It kinda died. The vidya, books, comics etc. were doing fine, but when it came to movies it was more or less.
>Well, for what it's worth, it didn't end THAT bad. So... are we getting the unedited original trilogy on DVD or...?

I never understood the whole nickelback hate thing

This. Lots of people hated the prequels, but their complaints were usually just about Jar Jar and the CGI. Plinkett gave prequel haters endless things to hate that they might not have noticed before

>I can't think of anything the prequels introduced that was well-regarded and accepted by Star Wars fans.
The entire Clone Wars concept

This. Say all you want about the films themselves being bad, the setting and premise for them allowed for some of the best Star Wars media to ever come out.
Reminder you can't save Sev.

Exactly, he has the normie opinion about Blade Runner. Oooooh it's so boring... and slow. Maybe that was the intention? To make the movie slow so you can connect to that dream like world?

>Muh video games
Yeah sorry son, real people don't care about your electronic babysitters

Yes and Mike had no idea of what he was talking about.
Remember how he mocked the diner scene in AotC? It was a reference to George's past work and an homage to film noir.

Attached: 1560033255420.jpg (1042x487, 181K)

>uke did the same in Empire.
Ooooh I hadn't realized that. It's true. He uses that speed jump only there.

Exar Kun is not from a video game, you retarded zoomer faggot.

except for a comic book no one ever heard of set a 10,000?? years before anything else

The clone wars were introduced in a new hope. George’s concept of them was a disappointing mess.

>It was a reference to George's past work and an homage to film noir.
Imagine being so stupid that you don't think this is immediately so painfully obvious that it's like getting hit in the head with a brick

>Luke did the same in Empire
That only happens in the special editon.

He was more excited about making fun of the CGI character.

>no one heard of Tales of the Jedi
based zoomer retard
anyway, which part of word "introduced" did you not understand?

People hated them when they came out before his reviews.

So it’s from fanfiction. How is that better?
>THE EU IS NOT FANFICTION
Yes it is.

>The prequels are not good but RLM can be very disingenuous at times when criticizing them.

I think RLM can be very disingenuous at times in some of their other reviews, too.

>expandable clone army fighting expandable droid army
yeah, Goerge is a fucking genius.
inb4 CW: that was all Filoni

Why did they shill for TFA?

phantom menace had a weird auteur-ish charm but the other two were objectively bad

same question for you, tranny

It came out in 2007, stupid. I know it's hard to remember since it was the year you were born. And everyone immediately knew the prequels sucked which is what made the Plinkett reviews popular in the first place, because he was voicing the criticisms of so many fans and they felt so vindicated that they became lifelong followers. If everyone loved the prequels like asshats are saying, they would have immediately disliked and discarded the reviews. Only in the past few years has this ridiculous contrarian retroactive nonsense emerged where people are claiming that the prequels were beloved before they had their reputation tarnished by some rando's internet video. It's just headcanon.

It was made pre-9/11 so it had more soul

>To make the movie slow so you can connect to that dream like world
what is this even supposed to mean? You are the definition of a pseud

>Muh video games
>Exar Kun

Attached: Retard.jpg (682x548, 35K)

No, the reviews came out in 2009. Where are you getting 2007 from?

I wonder what happened that made so many prequel fans try to rewrite history to say that the reception to the prequels wasn't negative among much of the fandom.

From the people I knew, the prequels are accepted but deemed inferior to the originals. All Mike did was make pants-on-head retard arguments that even dumber people ate up.

And how does he get out of that whole in the original version then?

a certain highly influential mass media corporation purchased the rights to the franchise

>I can't think of anything the prequels introduced that was well-regarded and accepted by Star Wars fans.
The endless horde of Darth Whateverses? Star Wars fans swallowed that down without any hesitation.

Attached: Plotinus.jpg (755x755, 182K)

A less super-powered jump.

It's the
>le sequels are shit, so le prequels must've been good
meme. Aside from that stuff like Clone Wars series, some comics, books and vidya in that period were actually good, so those retards try to link their success with the movies.

RLM has no impact on anything

If you're paid to do it, it isn't fanfiction.

So what is it if you're paid to do it, but not a fan, like Rian?

The part where no one cares about fanfiction.

Looks the same to me.
youtube.com/watch?v=jRBFyob112c

Yes, it’s still fanfiction. Just because Georgey boy set it up so he would get paid as well doesn’t make it less fanfiction.

>I don't understand words!!!111
based pajeet

I think objectively, the prequels as a whole were ambitious but flawed. However, they don’t deserve the level of hatred they get. People forget that Jar Jar Binks was the first ever fully CGI movie character. Did it work? No. But it broke ground. A lot of the storyline, on paper, are intriguing, but the execution is comical. My personal ratings are:
>phantom: 3.5/10 (would be 4 if not for annoying kid)
>clones: 4/10 (horribly written romance)
>revenge: 7.5/10 (It has soul)

Non-special editions were never released on dvd.

>Just because Georgey boy set it up so he would get paid as well doesn’t make it less fanfiction.
Not that guy but would that make stuff George personally had a hand in fanfiction? He had his hand in the clone wars cartoon.

It’s fanfiction yo. Barely anyone who even knew the term “extended universe” read it.

Who cares?

People like

>I still don't understand words!!!!1111
>what does "introduce" even mean????????
>it's too long for pajeet111

it's a fucking comic book that people only know about because of how successful kotor was later on. Explain why that's the only example of double bladed lightsabers followed by nothing for years until PM, when suddenly they're in everything. Lucas probably didn't even know it was in star wars along with all the other weird stuff

What the fuck are you smoking user?

From his imaginary friends

I remember being so hyped going to Phantom Menace and feeling it beginning to evaporate almost immediately after the opening scene. I ended up falling asleep.

See

They do deserve the level of hatred they get. They are truly awful films with pretty much zero redeeming qualities.

aside from being totally ignorant regarding of SW fandom, answer this:
>WHAT CAN'T YOU UNDERSTAND IN WORD "INTRODUCE"?
>YOU FUCKING RETARD?
unless your mom is a dirty whore. in that case, don't answer.

>The same thing happened in Empire
So? Doesn't make it less shit.
(For the record I prefer ANH over ESB but that's just me)

cheap =/= "good investment"/making its money back

>it's a fucking comic book that people only know about because of how successful kotor was later on
I think it's the opposite. totj was popular enough to influence kotor.

Nah, very small reddit/Yea Forums (interchangeable) minority, but fairly local. Watching RLM hasn't changed my opinions one bit, first one is too much, second one is a shitty cartoon, third one is the good one.

Rather, the thing about RLM I noticed is that no one actually references and most people barely remember what he said about Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith. And both for exact opposite reasons, Attack of the Clones is just a movie so bad you don't need reddit guy to tell why it is, and Revenge of the Sith is just so entertaining you'll enjoy it even admitting its flaws.

That said, I think his Ghostbusters video is a good explanation for why 2016 version objectively doesn't work as a reboot and is probably his best video after Baby's Day Out.

it's probably the same faggot who can't comprehend the meaning of a word "introduce". don't bother.

>They are truly awful films with pretty much zero redeeming qualities.
John Williams

Mike and Jay have unironical pleb tier normie opinions on EVERYTHING.
If thats your speed then more power to you.

Attached: E2E7EAC3-BA58-4879-AF53-5F4BAC2F6757.jpg (400x264, 72K)

No way is Clones better than Phantom.

>um excuse me Columbus didn't discover america there were people already there
obviously introduced means introduced and accepted into canon. There's tons of weird shit in earlier books (Lando Calrissian adventues) that people dont really count

Avellone > Johnson & all of RLM

Attached: Chris_Avellone.jpg (795x861, 193K)

It was by design to wear down George Lucas. RLM is Disney's Al Qaeda

>introduced means introduced and accepted into canon
>X means X and Y
what a wortless retard you are. holy fucking shit.

>most people on forums by 2008 were saying things like "C'mon, the prequels weren't THAT bad".
lel, no. The general audience forgot all about Star Wars. The fans liked the video games (the main reason Star Wars didn't die after 2005) and ignored the prequels except for Episode III, which was also shit but had some stuff in it that other people made work in the games and books.

>RLM's review came out in 2009 and the prequel hate was re-ignited and memed into the stratosphere
Not really. RLM just repeated a bunch of stuff everyone already knew. They were just the first ones who created a semi-professional review on YouTube. I remember a guy called ConfusedMatt or something also doing prequels reviews around the same time, but before RLM, which brought up a lot of the same points. The memes didn't start until Disney bought Star Wars and decided to market it on 9fag in order to capitalize on nostalgia by targeting the people who grew up watching the prequels.

>"If you like the prequels, you're a moron, they're OBJECTIVELY BAD, watch these reviews to see why"
They are, and RLM sums them up pretty well. Although they basically gave up with the Disney stuff, which is even worse than the prequels in different ways (at least George, badly, told a story).

Dude, just stop it. You're just making it harder for yourself.

Not that guy but I smell samefagging.

stop reading wookiepedia zoomer, no one knew any of the tales of the jedi shit back then

why would someone who dismisses the EU as fanfiction care to quibble with you over what is/isn't fanfiction?

>no one knew any of the tales of the jedi shit back then
Not that guy but really?

bioware didnt even know of the EU before they started to make KOTOR. they went to george wanting to make a star wars RPG, and george laid out what they could/couldn't do.

>the prequels were hated

This is a lie. Before 2009 people's biggest complaint about the prequels was Jar Jar and the wooden Jedi acting. Most didn't mind.

Then in 2009 RLM's infamous review came out alongside shit like the Fanboys movie and The People Vs. George Lucas, a big wave of uninformed garbage created by pseuds with pretentions of intelligence all happening in the same year. Suddenly people "hated" the prequels.

RLM didn't single handedly create the prequel hate but they were undeniably a huge part of it. Which is hilarious because Lucas has already been vindicated by history while these hacks arw continually getting exposed as know nothing plebs.

Because you're doing that now?

Perhaps he lacks a consistent opinion

>no one heard of one of the best selling SW comics that literally spawned KotOR
why are you so retarded, zoomer? did your mom used to drink a lot during pregnancy?

>This is a lie. Before 2009 people's biggest complaint about the prequels was Jar Jar and the wooden Jedi acting. Most didn't mind.

That wasn't true. It was there back then. I'll agree that RLM and People vs GL did escalate things.

>bioware didnt even know of the EU
why are you lying?

this is the idiot who thinks George Lucas was stealing from an obscure comic book that he probably didnt even know existed before writing the script

Bioware were told they could make a clone wars-era one or thousands of years in the past. They went with the latter because it had more freedom for them. They could have chosen the other option.

>George Lucas was stealing
no one said that, zoomer faggot
>reading comprehension: Americunt

>Kreia talking about RLM unable to admit their mistakes

Attached: Kreia quiet thing to fall.png (785x358, 160K)

You got a video of the theatrical version then? Because I'm sure the de-specialized edition uses various sources to make the most faithful theatrical remake.

Nope. That's the idiot who doesn't understand the word "introduce". And neither do you, tranny nigger.

take a break from editing wookiepedia dude

>zoomer running away from a lost argument
never change, fag

The point is RLM does it exclusively to the prequels and imply that the prequels invented it.
>I prefer ANH over ESB

Attached: 1546178623576.jpg (378x506, 49K)

Why are prequelfag so fucking retarded?

Reminder

Attached: 1471961146113.jpg (1696x1462, 705K)

The prequels weren't great, but most of Mike's criticisms were bullshit.

Watching Mike lie about liking TFA, and especially TLJ, which so clearly made him sick, was vindicating as fuck.

nuWars are George's ultimate revenge.

Meanwhile, r/prequielmemes is certain to overtake r/starwars in subs. Let that sink in.

nice redditspacing, faggot

No it wasn't. I'm a boomer and grew up during that era. A subset of sperg nerds hated it but most people didn't care they just didn't think the movies were good. And despite the historical revisionism middle aged manchildren would have you believe tons of star wars fans and actual children liked the films. 1997-2004 was the absolute peak of Star Wars: this was when the majority of the most beloved books, comics, games and other EU stuff was created and it was all heavily influenced by the prequels. If people actually hated the prequels in such huge numbers before 2009 this surge wouldn't have happened. When people hate the direction a franchise takes they abandon it, like what's happening with the sequels.

stay

mad

fucker

Reddit spacing a newfag meme trying to fit in.

get fucked zoomer.

Attached: reddit spacing BTFO 2005.png (909x720, 107K)

Attached: reddit spacing BTFO.jpg (823x2200, 269K)

actually it's evolved (or devolved) from that into a meaningless meta shitpost

People always hated the prequels you dumb fuck. It was about 50-50

>OH JEEBUZ

oldfags were the cancer

>he hasn't seem some other reddit flick
I mean I didn't need to know that to tell you that RLM were fucking plebs

>zoomer thinking it's 2005
you weren't even alive then, you worthless fuck.

>this shit tier argument
lmao tons of blockbusters better than tpm have been released since 9/11

tons of shit too but you're a faggot

People thought they were bad, the Plinket Reviews really articulated why.

No youtube shit has ever mattered to anyone or anything anywhere at any time

I saw it 8 or 9 times as a kid of 8 years old. It waas good shit.

That must be why everyone suddenly started agreeing with them. Which means everyone who hates the prequels are old men. Great job, Sherlock.

where does sally look for the ball?

THEY HAVE DONE THAT THEMSELVES

In your mama's ass?

>No it wasn't. I'm a boomer and grew up during that era.

Yeah, and I grew up in that era too, and I saw what was going on. There was loud hate back then made by people in media, but there were also still fans lining up which counteracted some of it. It wasn't enough to turn against it, this was where the media's talking point of how Star Wars fans have low standards for films came from.

It's unlike the situation with the ST where the media went all in defending TLJ to a pathological level while the general audience didn't care for it (reflected in how merchandise isn't sold).

I can say that the prequels already had a pretty sour taste to me. I couldn’t put my finger on it but I’d never rewatch them, I just found them to be very boring films. RLM came along and just cemented what I already knew to be true, that they sucked.

normal peole didn't I remember tv spots from "reviewers" saying its aotc is a lot of fun and the question everyone's asking yes its better then tpm, its got like 3 lightsaber fights, and fett, and the young people will love the two leads, its great...

I am not exaggerating in the least thats the most positive type stuff coming out for aotc on channels watched by everyone, everyday, for a time news programs had a 'media' review bit

Remember when that one fuck from LOST tweeted about them? And Simon Pegg?

ORCHESTRATED TAKEDOWN

jarjar and the bad acting would've been ignored if the rest of the movies hadn't been utterly worthless. the only people who liked the prequels were the people who were forcing themselves to like the prequels and/or children.

they represented a total squandering of any and all potential of the franchise. as in the OT, anakin's fall was characterized as a good man who lost his way. In the prequels he was a whiny spoiled child almost start to finish who was also impossibly stupid.

This is the problem with Star Wars fans: they are fucking retarded. They have been pretty much wrong about every single Star Wars movie post OT and have overreacted one way or another to every single movie.

The Phantom Menace - good
Attack of the Clones - good
Revenge of the Sith - good

The Force Awakens - shit
Rogue One - shit
The Last Jedi - good
Solo - shit

I was a fan lining up. Halfway through attack of the clones I just had to admit to myself the movies weren't going anywhere, they were simply bad, they weren't building to anything, and they weren't going to get any better.

bullshit, from opening day of tpm, people were asking what the fuck happened, everyone was hyped as fuck, I was 13 and I walked out asking why maul didn't get any screen time or lines, my older siblings said maybe he was just suppose to be menacing and not like vader, but everyone was just kinda on a downer walking out

Yea Forums was always filled with kids the rest of the userbase was embarrassed to be associated with

Attached: 1566198306448.png (627x2260, 890K)

Not me, I enjoyed it. Thus invalidating your entire theory. I didn't consider any of this shit until it was put in front of me by RLM. Then all of a sudden, it makes sense! Yes! I didn't enjoy myself at all! George is no longer the man we need, why JJ Abrahams could do the job!

Attached: 1568525921366.jpg (1970x1110, 303K)

But friend, you're autistic.

What a fucking twat he turned out to be

Attached: bo020516.gif (600x191, 20K)

Last time I checked: austistic people don't have fun watching movies

everyone thought that because abram's star trek movies were closer in tone to what star wars movies should've been than anything else.

Attached: 1567809960985.jpg (1815x3358, 2.06M)

Correct list:

The Phantom Menace - shit
Attack of the Clones - shit
Revenge of the Sith - shit

The Force Awakens - shit
Rogue One - shit
The Last Jedi - shit
Solo - shit

The Original Trilogy - shit

>autistic person claims he can't be autistic because of unrelated thing

Attached: 1568228490744.jpg (1900x2592, 2.77M)

YIKES

fuck american mutts and FUCK star wars. grow up you neckbeard fatsos

Attached: 142005600897.png (1193x512, 987K)

I completely forgot that was an actual quote. All making sense now

Attached: 1548712352901.jpg (720x888, 81K)

Where's the correct list?

Didn't he watch ep2? The jedi said some dark side shit weakened their powers. They can't detect shit because of sheev fucking them over.

The Phantom Menace - poorly written, but overall, solid. Great visuals, set pieces, costumes, locations, and the original music is superb.

Attack of the Clones - George fooling around with some new tech. Watchable, but shit. Some great moments, though.

Revenge of the Sith - mostly pretty good. Some shit moments and some awful CGI work here and there. Would benefit greatly from a remaster.

The Force Awakens - "here user, take these $200 mil. and make that fan film you always wanted to make." This piece of shit ages like milk. Worse and worse on every rewatch. Absolute fucking garbage.

Rogue One - eh, great final act sort of makes up for the mediocrity of everything prior to it.

The Last Jedi - glaring issues, but at least RJ tried. Authentic kino, for better or for worse. Yes, parts of it are beyond nonsensical, but again, RJ tried. JJ didn't try.

Solo - I can't remember a single thing about it.

Attached: 1567809897102.jpg (1144x2345, 459K)

>autist that overanalyzes movie faults calls user that enjoyed said movie autistic

Attached: 152623574684579.gif (500x348, 478K)

if abrams had done to star wars what he did to star trek, then it would've been a valid statement.

I love that you fags are so contrarian that the line is now “The prequels are good, it’s just brain dead Plinkett faggots that think it’s bad!”. The prequels were shit on by everyone but mainstream critics since they came out (1999).

no nu-wars is even worse, much much worse, but tpm sucked from day one, not that I didn't get a shitty vhs copy and watch it endlessly, but it was bad and everyone knew it, from paid tv presenter shills to little kids, and then aotc happened, and again it sucked but agian lots of cool shit happened, obi fought fetts dad, and yoda and coruscant, but again it sucked, their is a reason rolling in the grass became a meme, along with sand , see its course and rough and gets everywhere, also 1/2 the theater laughed at anikin fapping or sry seeing visions of the future, and the other 1/2 trying to still take it seriously and looking angrily at everyone else, watching aotc at midnight at maybe 15 was great

He did, he raped it

>acknowledging a movie's faults is overanalysis
where does sally look for the ball?

I agree, basically George and Rian made authentic kino and it shows. And even attack of the clones is better than rogue one or soloshit

Attached: 1550138641112.jpg (638x1011, 178K)

People knew the prequels were bad. What Plinkett did was articulate what was wrong with the prequels.

But user I enjoyed it as a kid, so didn't the movie fulfill it's purpose as entertainment? I'm sorry your manchild ass can't handle a film not being what you want it to be

>making a 3 part youtube video dissecting every single aspect including behind the scenes dialogue is not autistic
I've got a some balls, since I know you won't find any nearby

Attached: 1550788086049.jpg (1398x1234, 1.01M)

they are shitty movies no doubt, but if anything he made them the memes they are today. They were probably not going to be remembered so fondly if it wasn't for those reviews. Now people just find them as comfy schlock

here

The Sequels are inferior KotORs.
TFA tries to be a best-hits love letter to the franchise like KOTOR 1
TLJ tries to be a though-provoking deconstruction like KOTOR 2
Only neither has actual sustenance unlike KOTOR.

Attached: can-you-handle-the-truth.jpg (375x284, 79K)

Yea Forums has become so contrarian they also shill for the oscars now too

Lucas is great at set-pieces, but awful at the story and character bits with his endless exposition.

>as a kid
thus invalidating your every defense of the prequels. everyone knows kids enjoyed them. they were kid's movies. the problem is kids enjoy just about anything with enough bright and flashy colors.

Not that guy but they made lots of fake flaws and flat out wrong shit.

I enjoyed it too, but it was the first time I enjoyed something ironically, even though I wouldn't have understood that term at the time

So you're saying the movie is bad because it doesn't live up to your standards, even though it met the required enjoyment level in my brain? Are you saying your OPINION is FACT?

>>making a 3 part youtube video dissecting every single aspect including behind the scenes dialogue is not autistic

... uh, did you really just imply that I personally did that? also your "clever" attempts at retorts to sally-anne references are just serving as confirmations of your autism.

RLM Cultists won't like you saying that.

>KOTOR
Koreans ought to ovulate regularly?

>did you really just imply that I personally did that?
No, are you stupid? I am implying that you're stupid though

>i'm a permanent child therefore my enjoyment is an objective measurement of what is/isn't good

imagine brandishing your mental retardation as a core refutation to all criticism

RLM have never made a mistake. I used be like you but their content raises a lot of interesting questions and challenges our narrow minded assumptions on filmmaking.

Rich: Do you need any kind of training to use the Force? Any?
Jay: [Kylo] has training.
Rich: She dudn't.
Jay: Well we don't know where...
Rich: Neither did Luke in Empire... Well the minor training, he had like a week of training with Yoda, that's all you need, you need a week?
Jay: And then he went back for his training in Jedi and Yoda just died immediately.
Mike: Yes, can I point out that this is, we are now back to real Star Wars.
Rich: Yep.
Mike: There is never any bullshit about... The only thing that Yoda says is that he's too old to begin the training, that's all. But really, it's more like, okay, I've taught you a couple things, how to levitate stuff, how to do this, your real training is confronting Darth Vader, blah blah blah blah blah, and this it's kind of the same thing, it's not the stupid prequel idea of "we have to get you when you're one, and you have to stand there with a thing over your head holding a lightsaber..
Jay: In a room full of other children.
Mike: In a room full of other children
Jay: That are as close as we are now, with lightsabers.
Mike: Yes, it's not a literal training, it's not an academy of little kids in a classroom, like the stupidity of George Lucas' ideas in the prequels.

Attached: 1550203640582.png (437x526, 472K)

Not him but I believe what he's saying is that the movie was made slow on purpose to make it feel dream-like.
Personally, I knew a guy that didn't like Blade Runner because it was "slow and boring." At the same time, it being slow and boring is what makes me like it. For me, the slow pacing helps create an atmosphere for the film that could be described as like a dream, and I enjoy that. If you don't, though, fair enough. That's a personal preference. However, if you try to claim it's a flaw or "objectively wrong," you're wrong.

Jay: Carrie Fisher and Harrison Ford, I loved their relationship in this movie, I loved that it didn't work out, it makes perfect sense that it wouldn't work out between the two of them. It didn't feel like... Because that's the biggest problem with Jedi, like now they're just there. They're together.
Mike: Yeah.
Jay: There's one line, where she's... Where Han Solo is concerned she likes Luke, it's just like tossed in at the last minute for no reason.
Mike: Yeah.
Jay: So I love the way they handled those two, their dialogue back-and-forth is great without feeling forced or like "remember their relationship in the past?" Like there's more through the decades since then, there's a little more drama. A little more weight. I like that.
Rich: There is a throwaway line of dialogue to explain it, but for me... It's a little bit weird that like, here we are like 40 years later, and these characters are still doing the same shit they were doing 40 years ago...
Jay: No...
Rich: ...Leia's still the one in charge of the rebellion, organizing things, and Han Solo's still the brash smuggler flying around the galaxy.

When did you realize that Mike Stoklasa was absolutely wrong about absolutely everything?

Retard answer- After his TFA review.
Slightly slow but not quite drooling answer- after getting tricked by the Plinkett reviews and then over time realizing that Mike was just an asshurt nostalgiababby that framed opinions as facts and namedropped famous movies like Citizen Kane to sound smart.
Real nigga answer- At the part of the TPM review where Mike acts like Midichlorians demystify the force.

P.S.
George was the common element of the OT.
Kasdan and Kershner were not involved with ANH.
The Hyucks were not involved with ESB.
Kasdan was never good as evidenced by TFA. George was carrying Kasdan's dead weight.
George had no co director on the set of ANH.
Joe Johnston has said that ESB is "more of a Lucas film than a Kershner film".

etc etc etc

Imagine criticizing a movie designed to sell toys to children

Jay: I like Kylo Ren a lot. He has more character to him than Darth Vader does in A New Hope. Darth Vader of course, there's more going on in Empire.
Mike: Well, Darth Vader's character wasn't really established until Empire.
Jay: Exactly, exactly, so I like that the villain established in this new series has a little more going on.

I don’t think he even watched TPM. So Plinkett says that Valorum didn't need to send a commision to see if Amadila's claim was true, but wasn't the whole point that Valorum sent the Jedi behind the senates back?

Qui-Gon says thaf the negotiations will be short because people like the Trade Fed are cowards, so presumably Valorum had the same idea.
But the Jedi failed because of the Sith.

Valorum could have had the Jedi testify etc if they were successful, but they weren't, and he's already on shaky political ground. That would do him in.
And unlike many others we see in the senate, he's clearly a friend to the Jedi, going behind bureaucracy to use them.

Then Plinkett is saying that Qui-Gon should just steal the part from Watto, but that would mean Watto calling the hutts, which they can't have happen. Not to mention Jedi not being professional thieves, so they’d likely get caught stealing unless they succeed in mind tricking, which they didn’t.

Then Plinkett is saying that Windu should have sent more Jedi back to Naboo, even though the whole point is to draw Maul out, which he won't do if there are a whole gaggle of knights and masters there. Maul isn’t going to think he can solo an army of Jedi or even a large squad.

Kek

Rich: I think the problem with Star Wars though, is that one really good sequel happens to be one of the better movies ever made, and it's really fucking hard to live up to that.
Jay: Exactly. And this movie does a really good job of establishing itself as a solid sequel, which is the... my biggest takeaway from it is that it feels like a sequel, it doesn't feel like too much fanservice, or too much like we're doing "LIKE US! LIKE US! WE HAVE ALL THESE THINGS THAT YOU ENJOY FROM STAR WARS! We're making it look and feel just like Star Wars!" It feels just like a Star Wars sequel.
Mike: They did a very good job recapturing the magic and the energy of the original... It almost feels like a blend of Empire and A New Hope.
Rich: Yeah.
Mike: And like, it's not totally A New Hope, not totally Empire, but it has those emotional highs and lows of Empire and the novelty and the magic of the first one. All kind of blended together, J.J. Abrams, Lawrence Kasdan, they all did a great job... doing what they were supposed to do.

Based

Not everyone interested in the prequels was a child. Nor is everyone talking about them still a child.

The prequels were not well made films. The only people I knew that enjoyed them were people who could not think for themselves. Your opinions are incorrect and you should feel bad about having them.

Mike is one serious sellout fuck, holy shit I don't remember all that

Didn't Lucas' wife edit ANH and made it work?

I’m being serious

>I like Kylo Ren a lot. He has more character to him than Darth Vader does in A New Hope

Attached: 15262357245783468.gif (171x141, 911K)

This is a common myth. She was one of several editors he himself appointed to Edit the movie. He had creative control at the end of the day.
Talking this agency away from him is classic RLM alternative history making

She edited the entire OT but was uncredited for ESB

FUCKING KEK

Kys asap, her editing was crucial to editing the first and third acts of IV and cleaning them up so well that the film became timeless.
Lucasfags are the worst. Nobody is discrediting Lucas because he had a very good editor.

>Mike: Yes, can I point out that this is, we are now back to real Star Wars.

Attached: 152634623567463.jpg (736x568, 39K)

Oh I agree with you on that. Some of their criticisms are straw men, but there are parts that are insightful.

The "Ending Multiplication Effect" part of their TPM review is the most illuminating part.

its historical fact that george lucas was surrounded by some of the greatest creative minds in hollywood during the production of star wars.

pretending otherwise is to completely ignore what happened when he was the only creative mind working on the prequels.

>Yea Forums feels the need to be contrarian, to the point where they'll defend George Lucas at his worst

Just because Disney managed to make Star Wars even worse, doesn't magically mean that Lucas dindu nuffin.

How old are you?

the prequels are bad movies, that doesn't mean people can't enjoy them though. I do.

RLMdrones blown the fuck out, oh my god, fuck

Mike didn't say anything we didn't already know, he just put our collective feelings about the prequels into concrete terms. Before Plinkett there was a general feeling that the prequels were not very good and unsatisfying, but before that no one could really put into words WHY we didn't like them. Mike did the tedious task of analyzing the movies beat by beat and layed out why they were just badly executed stories.

Old enough for kisses

>he just put our collective feelings about the prequels into concrete terms
That's not true
>Mike did the tedious task of analyzing the movies beat by beat and layed out why they were just badly executed stories
*funded by Disney

all TFA had to do was not be as bad as the prequels. which was something that could be accomplished effortlessly. most of TFA's good grace was in the idea it was setting up something. Then TLJ revealed it wasn't setting up anything. now star wars is dead again.

TFA even opens with max von sydow apologizing for everything between ewoks and the sale.

It starts around 16:32
youtube.com/watch?v=AvsiJppCdmk

This rumor was the result of a documentary that was included in the special editions when they came out, showing unedited footage of ANH that's fucking terrible because it's raw footage. And everyone interviewed made it seem like that's how the movie was going to be released until George's wife did a miracle in editing.

The reality is all movies look like shit before editing, and all the real game changing elements like the special effects and williams score were all envisioned and put in at George's urgings.

Also the criticism of George not being a "people" director is bullshit. The guy wrote a script, gave the actors the general mood of what they should be in the scene, then let them act how they saw fit. That's not incompetence, that's fucking confidence. And when Harrison Ford or whoever thought of a better line or way to handle the scene George went with it without making a huge fucking deal out of it like some kind of petty tyrant like most directors would. This was one of Mark Hammills biggest issues with Rian Johnson and look at the mess that guy created.

The more I watch RLMs star wars critiques the more dishonest and nonsensical they are.

Yeah, which they only picked up on because the guy in the documentary whose footage they use blatantly says that, and Lucas recognized that problem but knew it was too late to do anything about it, and lo and behold AotC and RotS didn't have that problem. Wow the guy took the criticism to heart and corrected himself in the future, what an ASSHOLE.

The Auralnauts > RedLetterMedia

That was pretty much when I stopped giving a fuck about what they thought. God damn TFA was fucking garbage. NONE of Lucas's Star Wars made me feel so fucking bored as TFA

that's nice and all, but the prequels exist, which firmly establish the idea that georgie functions best as an idea man while people with actual talent/ability do all the work.

Yeah and they're still remembered, whereas JJ's fucking cumrag of a movie is forgotten like shit in the wind

Hollywood World. It had a budget 130 million and that is Hollywood cheap for a effect heavy sci-fi

Prequels were always bad. The majority of the audience that went to see them did not enjoy them. I know because I was there.

Oh so somehow the fact that's it a reference prevents it from being bad, is that you're saying?

Having something be a reference doesn't change the fact that your film sucks.

John Jympson did the first cut of Star Wars. George Lucas didn't like it, nor did the other people who saw it. Lucas asked Jympson to edit it his way, but Jympson wouldn't, so Lucas fired him, and hired Richard Chew and Paul Hirsch to replace him, and they worked on two different edits at the same time. Marcia Lucas also came in and helped with these edits.
I remember the Plinkett reviews got this completely wrong, making it like Lucas did the first edit and botched it up when he that isn't the truth. He's also not the guy who edited The Phantom Menace, although it was done under his supervision.

the prequels are remembered for how bad they are. the sequels are forgotten for how bland they are.

You're literally rewriting the past and lying

The prequels were widely seen as mediocre to bad, yes. It's only after Disney's atrocious mishandling of the franchise that people are now coming around to them. Anyone who thinks people liked the prequels are probably underage.

nu-Bladerunner sucks as a Bladerunner sequel and you should feel bad for liking it

Yeah I mean that's why people look forward to Ewan as Obi Wan again, and would love to see Mace Windu. Cause they hate it!

>anyone who didn't enjoy the prequels is A LYING LIAR LIAR LIES!!!!

reel it in, friend.

Oh hell yeah.

I'm sorry if you're prequels are history's greatest disappointment.

I love how you RLM drones paint the past through your cum soaked eyes of the present. It's totally not like no one talked about the prequels like this at all until the Plinkett review. Totally!

>what is disney marketing

He did. He produced absolute shit.

>Anyone who thinks people liked the prequels are probably underage.
Hit the nail on the head. Literally only zoomies would love the prequels because of nostalgia.

Poor little zoomie, has nothing but coomie on the mind.

Improving CGI was one of the main objectives of the PT. What many people forget is, that Lucas used the movies as a testbed and showcase on what was possible at the time. They were basically a commercial for ILM.

since I'm old enough to have seen them in the theater, I can attest to the fact the reception was lukewarm, at best, with people just hoping the next ones would be better. then they weren't.

Nothing could disappoint me like JJ Abrams. What a fucking hack piece of shit

>tfw you never hated the prequels
I guess i’ll never get assblasted boomers.

Attached: C0184470-239F-4362-981B-ECB4B1F454F7.jpg (226x223, 8K)

Can I ask you a question?

>They were basically a commercial for ILM.
>ILM goes on to do nothing but lucasarts films

good commercial huh

"No."
youtube.com/watch?v=1RGohIKxc9M

>>ILM goes on to do nothing but lucasarts films

Brainlet trying to do revisionist history again.

The prequels were the worst films of the franchise, even worse than the original trilogy.

feel free to prove me wrong

No what I mean is that TPM had a certain optimism/warmth in its "fading lights on the old days" tone, reflecting it being released in 1999, whereas AOTC and ROTS were more products of the early 2000s with the Iraq War.

>phoneposting
>huntard
I'm glad you'll never be associated to being a boomer either senpai.

Prequels: shit
Sequels: shit
Standalones: meh
Just hire the guys who made this:
youtube.com/watch?v=R51LMIAJtsc

My issue with a lot of the game is that while there is a lot of room to criticize the franchise's story and morality, it came off as someone who had no idea how the universe worked shooting strawmen and offering little in the way of actually taking apart the series. It's why the best parodies and reworkings are made either by fans or those who really hate the original subject under scrutiny, because those two groups are invested enough to really take things apart piece by piece.

>HxH fan
>faggot
it checks out

>tfw laser moon attacks

>NONE of Lucas's Star Wars made me feel so fucking bored as TFA
This. Prequels were many things, but dull wasn't one of them.

Go check ILM credits again. They did a lot between PT movies. Before Weta came along they were THE special effects company for most of the big Hollywood movies.

Can you?

I was almost out of college when the Phantom Mence came out. I'm really old. I met my brother.. who I'm not even super close with all the time to watch it - were so into the idea of recapturing our childhood.

But it was terrible. We didn't come straight out and say it because we were a bit in shock but were were just kind of shrugging after we saw it and trying to be positive.

Mike and Jay tapped into something we all were trying to say but couldn't because there was no central voice for movie reviews for our age group.

I remember Siskel and Ebert as a kid and they were on at like 1 in the fucking morning. People didn't use to talk about movies 24/7. It was a nerds hobby mostly or just something on in the background for a date.

Anyway - they were important and what they said is totally valid. I don't think they re-ignited it so much as gave it a voice - because there wasn't this culture of movie gawking back then. Nobody talked about old movies.

Attached: RLMjew.jpg (1027x755, 48K)

Back in 2009 it seemed like a good idea. Most people liked Star Trek 09.

>In 2000, ILM created the OpenEXR format for high-dynamic-range imaging

seems like most of what they did was take credit for wide use of something they came up with, rather than special effects work.

I like how the GLIDF will defend literally anything even closely connected to george lucas though.

Keep seething, rlmdrones.

Attached: 9F70055A-3404-4432-8581-CE26B5309C8B.png (431x398, 192K)

>More history revisionism from RLM cultist

>Rich: Neither did Luke in Empire.
No, he only had three fucking years to practice. He also got BTFO in Empire and toyed with in Return.

>Before Weta came along they were THE special effects company for most of the big Hollywood movies.
The also basically bailed out WETA when they couldn't finish Avatar in time.

>Most people liked Star Trek 09
it was a star trek movie by/for people who didn't like star trek.

no one thought abrams would make star wars movies for people who didn't like star wars, though its obvious in retrospect.

>it was a star trek movie by/for people who didn't like star trek.

Attached: 1568187954922.png (511x909, 682K)

its literally on the wiki you linked, my autistic friend.

Can't a man change over time?

I remember flipping through a book that was a collection of reviews of every single Star Trek episode to that point. Ever TOS episode was at least 3 stars, not a single Voyager episode was more than 2 stars, even though both definitely had both great and terrible episodes.

Now you are just being a silly goose.

They're bad, but they're fascinating to watch and read about, because they're probably the last big budget indie films where the director had 100% control over everything. There's no passion behind the Disney Star Wars films, no risks.

>The endless horde of Darth Whateverses? Star Wars fans swallowed that down without any hesitation.

Really? Most of the people I know who grew up on the OT still think it’s fucking retarded “Darth” went from being the iconic first name of a traitor, to a title virtually every Sith has.

>solo
Han... (typing) Solo

not if you're autistic, no. everything must be 100% consistent with what they were taught in their socialization classes.

Funny thing is that Abrams recently pretty much admitted that the whole alternate universe gimmick was a terrible idea.

Yeah, just not your history revisionism.

Attached: 1568194877406.jpg (1280x4320, 515K)

This is correct.

feel free to prove me wrong

And yet your reading comprehension wasn't enough to notice the many movies they did effects for.

Let's see

Welp, there you have it, RLM cultists lie and try to demand other people prove their lies wrong.

I thought it was so bad I went back two more times to confirm how bad it was. I especially hated the space battles, lightsaber duel, and podrace, so I made sure I was in the theater for those.

He was too busy trying to come up with another way to tear down Lucas, he can't be expected to find out he was wrong about what movies ILM was involved with.

it listed every movie in which they were credited, that doesn't necessarily mean they did the effects, considering they pushed a new-standard level technology.

Excuses, excuses.

>i have no argument but let me try to assert victory here

What the acrtual fuck.

That's some projection, cultist

yes, that's what you're making.

>anyone who has a fact based understanding of the work of george lucas and his companies sucks youtuber cock

the cope here is off the charts.

Can anyone in this thread explain why RLM defenders go out of their way to argue poorly like this?

>anyone who has a fact based understanding of the work of george lucas and his companies sucks youtuber cock
>fact based
>tries to lie his way out of admitting he was wrong about how many films ILM was involved with

What the fuck are you talking about? Star Wars comics have always been popular. Those books were flying off the shelves in the 90s.

>t. man with no arguments

ILM has a ton of patents and set a lot of standards that are still in use today. Its been their main source of revenue over the course of their existence. Not so much actual effects work.

>I-It was just patents
C O P E

I am going to ask you a question so mentally prepare yourself.

When is Togashi going to release his next chapter?

What they somehow don't get is that a man having no family, that's effecting, but a grown man literally having no last name in a culture where everyone has one is fucking ridiculous. It also cuts their options; Han Solo in the EU also grew up alone/ in a criminal organization and only found out later that his name was actually attached to a family. Now they don't have even the possibility of drawing on that to fill out the fucking void between Endor and Awakens, because his name came randomly from some bureaucrat when he was a goddamn adult.

Not an argument. Like has been said, the wiki just lists all the films for which they were credited. Which doesn't mean they did effects work for those films.

>it listed every movie in which they were credited, that doesn't necessarily mean they did the effects
That it literally what it means. You don't get credited because your tools were used.

Can I ask you a question?

Next you'll be lying and claiming they never worked on Avatar, too.

so you don't have any arguments. cool

>You don't get credited because your tools were used.
Yes you do.

Answer the question, did they help work on Avatar (a non-Lucasfilm movie) or not, cultist?

>RLM dickriders

Attached: 15262536856794670.jpg (690x460, 27K)

you didn't ask a question, you shoved words in my mouth. but you've done nothing but argue in bad faith, so I guess I can't fault you for inconsistency.

Pearl Harbor credits showing the ILM contribution.

youtu.be/KDWpYSz429M?t=32

[citation needed]

>you didn't ask a question, you shoved words in my mouth.
Easy to do with an RLM cultist who keeps deflecting

its literally how hollywood credits work. but hey, bad faith arguments are all you have.

Yeah that would really mean something if you had an argument to begin with.

Not that you can cite anything saying that. Or examples of it.

see If you keep acting like everyone who has an opposing viewpoint is just your imaginary boogeyman, what do you expect people to do?

You're not going to suddenly change general opinion of george lucas and the prequels by "winning" x number of internet arguments.

fact: ILM's patents are what carried them through the prequel fallout, as their reputation was all but irreparably tarnished.

So I guess you're right, I didn't have an argument, I had facts. You had autistic quibbling.

>If you keep acting like everyone who has an opposing viewpoint is just your imaginary boogeyman, what do you expect people to do?

You're the one who claimed how ILM didn't work on any movies other than Lucasfilm's, and then tried to make excuses when shown a list of credits and examples. I don't give a fuck about changing your mind, I'm just letting everyone else in the thread see you as the dumb cultist you are.

>blonde girl
even the preview image shows these don't know what can go in star wars universe. i mean are you joking? In star wars the men are blonde (anakin, quigon luke etc) and the women have dark hair DUHH

Respond to this
It's a 2001 film with over 100 people credited in various roles from ILM. Or are they all patent holders?

>get called on quibbling
>ADDRESS MAH QUIBBLE RIGHT NOW

>ILM DID NOTHING ON THIS FILM YOU'RE JUST QUIBBLING
weird flex but ok

>it sticks for the rest of the saga
thats the whole problem

> Everyone who disagrees with me is a hive mind.

Attack of the clones was hated at the getgo. I was stupefied by how shitty and campy it was. People made fun of Hayden Christensen's performance in ep 2 on the internet and in print, big time. It was universally acknowledged that the love story was awful.
The "DO NOT WANT" meme was one of the biggest cultural takeaways from revenge of the sith. Even though people seemed to have a soft spot for it. I remember hearing a bunch people say without hesitation that they hated it at the time.
I dont know why you are doubling down on this narrative

why do RLMfags rely so much on anecdotes?

You mean your small circle of friends you're using to overshadow an entire world of movie going audiences?

It's not a quibble when you're flat wrong.

Look at the RLM cultist trying to argue that ILM didn't work on any of the movies they're credited

i like how you're ignoring how ILM did pearl harbor practically pro-bono to try to fix their reputation after TPM.

but its okay if you can "win" an internet argument to defend georgieboy, right?

>PEOPLE HATED THESE MOVIES

Attached: 1523623574684579.jpg (785x425, 175K)

Must be a great gig getting award nominations for movies you weren't actually involved in, any idea how I can cash in on that?

Omg what the fuck is your problem
The prequels have major flaws. Especially ep 2 and 3
At least admit you remember normies hating ep 2
Jesus christ

It was a good scene, Mike.

>ILM had nothing to do with any of the films
>Even though they were reported working on Pearl Harbor and Avatar

You're only making yourself look bad here, RLM cultist.

>ILM goes on to do nothing but lucasarts films
Are you kidding? ILM work on nearly every Hollywood movie. The same goes for Skywalker Sound.

Attached: by allah.jpg (720x528, 122K)

user take your autism medication

The RLM cultist is trying to claim that ILM had nothing to do with any of those films despite the evidence proving him wrong.

Best takeaway from this thread is that prequelfags have massive victimhood complexes and don’t know how to handle any of RLM’s arguments without resorting to character assassination and mendacious lying.

Not only ILM, I think Cameron had to outsource the VFX to a lot of different companies.

>M-medicate, a-autist

I accept your concession.

I dind't even think about that. Here's ILM's page showing their awards and nominations. I wonder how they got nominated in ilm.com/awards/
I wonder how they got nominated for Academy awards for The Perfect Storm, Pearl Harbor, AI, Master and Commander, PotC, HP, War of the Worlds, and Narnia during the prequel era. I guess all of those were pro bono use of their software, right?

Funny, I'm reading this thread and it's the Friend Simulator Defenders trying to claim ILM never worked on any films outside of Lucasfilm ones.

Look, this is super easy for you to falsify. All you have to do is look up the credits for one of those films and find that ILM is only credited as "thanks for the tool guys!"

Or find literally any article that says they get in the credits for tech uses. Or anything else.

cnet.com/news/ilm-steps-in-to-help-finish-avatar-visual-effects/

ilm.com/vfx/master-and-commander-the-far-side-of-the-world/

ILM Visual Effects Supervisor: Stefan Fangmeier, Pablo Helman
ILM Visual Effects Art Director: Jules Mann
ILM Visual Effects Producer: Stephanie Hornish, Jeff Olson
ILM Studios: San Francisco

See this?
This is all you have to do.

Hackfraudmedia has better reviews of the new trilogy. They don't try to defend it by saying the prequels were worse.

The prequels had interesting characters and locations but the writing was abysmal. I was a tween at the time so I didn't quite grasp the complicated political plot but in a movie that had Jar Jar Binks it should have been enjoyable for kids and it wasn't. Anakin's shift to the dark side should have been from a series of misfortunes and the jedis being unhelpful but instead he just goes nuts and gets his body immolated. George was clearly more focused on a million CGI aliens than a story that works. Writing sucks but it looks neat which is exactly the same level of quality you'll get with the new trilogy.

>Much of the movie takes place on the high season, often in stormy weather. ILM had proven its ability to create digital water for The Perfect Storm, but for this film, visual effects supervisor, Stefan Fangmeier, (who also supervised the effects in The Perfect Storm) had another idea. Because he had received real ocean footage shot in extreme conditions, he relied primarily on his compositors. To create the ocean surrounding the naval ships, compositors assembled bits and pieces of real water, using digital water only to glue the pieces together.
So, another film that ILM worked on extensively.

>that autist who keeps replying as if he can fix the general response to the prequels by winning an argument in a autosage thread on page six of 4channel.org/tv

>I was a tween at the time so I didn't quite grasp the complicated political plot
how do you not get that this has nothing to do with being a tween. the sane mind rejects the task of figuring out who the fuck is who in the politics of these shitpiles

>So, another film that ILM worked on extensively.

Exactly, also:

Production
companies

Miramax Films
Universal Pictures
Samuel Goldwyn Films

Lucasfilm is not one of them.

wat

You do realize that companies like ILM and Weta don't just make CGI, they acquire softwares, create their own tech, etc.
I remember when they were working on the first JJ-Trek movie, they had to create a device that would help mimic JJ's style of slapping the camera.

are you slow?

No, obviously he doesn't understand because he gets his information from Red Letter Media only

They released the originals un-specialled on at least 1 dvd release as a bonus disc. They are rare but they exist.

its funny how upset you are

So you're just a troll. That's the only way you could keep going after repeatedly getting BTFO.

>at least 1 dvd release as a bonus disc
That being?

I remember the prequels as heavily flawed movies with some damn good ideas behind them. I havent even bothered to watch the disney movies. I'm far more fond of George's abortions than Disney's frankenstein abominations

I'm not that user but I don't think we're upset, we all want you to understand how a CGI company works.

If its trolling to watch people get triggered by facts, then yes.

I mean shit nigga, some youtube fuckwits have you in a perpetual state of REEEEEE because they criticized some movies you liked as a kid.

>tfw my co-workers all watch RLM
>we quote that shit almost all the time

BASED

Attached: ▄█▀ █▬█ █ ▀█▀.jpg (1126x989, 808K)

Nuclear power is a damned good idea. It doesn't make Chernobyl any less of a disaster.

Besides, the main idea behind the prequels is "sheev cast force stupidity on the entire galaxy."

The one I have downloaded...

Attached: sw.jpg (1923x1048, 543K)

>facts
See:

And Sheev is one of the best parts of the prequels. He, prequel Obi Wan, the clone wars aesthetics (ships, armor, weapons etc), the planets and Anakin going full murder hobo were great.

ian mcdiarmid hamming it up doesn't save the prequels from being poorly written, directed, edited, shot, etc.

>If its trolling to watch people get triggered by facts, then yes.

Well RLM cultists are triggered by facts in this thread.

No but I'm definitely willing to forgive its fuckups for I am the Senate.

For me, it's "Do it"

UNLIMITED POWAH.
That is all.

i can't agree, as it required literally every other character to be incomprehensibly retarded in order for him to seize power.

its like gloating after beating a quadriplegic in a wrestling match.

I remember people liking it. I also remember people liking things like Battlefront 2 which featured heavy prequel focus

Attached: 012.jpg (1078x1000, 378K)

Mike just mentioning JJ should direct Star Wars instead of George Lucas doesn't strike you as odd? Considering that's who Disney immediately hired as if Mike was the voice of the Star War community?

>that retard that mistakes different posters for the same guy
Must hurt to have a cut dick AND have such shit taste

Me too
>WANCE MOOOOORE THE SIITHHHHHH WILL RULLLE THE GALAXSEEEE

Attached: 1554851205215.jpg (413x395, 89K)

no, not really. but hey, not autistic.

i think it has more to do with JJ directing second biggest sci fi name with Star Trek to a much bigger critical success

Maybe not autistic, but definitely stupid

I think it has more to do with the connection between Kathleen Kennedy, Spielberg, and JJ Fagbrains

Prometheus was shit, only some visuals were ok

>its stupid to not freak out over a coincidence
you're that guy who claimed george lucas ripped off a EU comic for darth maul, aintcha

i dont know what you're talking about man

Nope. I think it's stupid not to notice the coincidence though. Or the immediate step up in quality RLM received afterwards. Or the promotion from Simon Pegg. Or Damon Lindeloff.

Kek yeah ya do. It's okay shill dick, I could smell your rot cunt from a mile away. Everyone knows that stupid cunt engineered this whole things and it rests on HER SAGGY TITS for this massive fucking failure of a franchise transition.

But hey, they all deserve it! I'm going to enjoy watching RLM implode, and it suckles at the Disney tit

youtube.com/watch?v=m3sxDlDxzac

the problem is with putting some youtubers on the same level as inside hollywood connections. its sally-anne level.

the reality is abrams was the safest possible choice for a bunch of corporate fuckwits.

you seem pretty upset, i legit want to know about connection between Kathleen Kennedy, Spielberg, and JJ Fagbrains

Attached: 1568523156428.jpg (750x744, 155K)

Palpatine is literally a genius youtube.com/watch?v=66zekjp3QKY

Do you understand how the USA funds terrorists? Maybe you should think of youtubers like Muslims being air dropped AK-47s

Kathleen Kennedy goes way back with Spielberg, being a sort of protege. JJ is heavily promoted and pushed by Spielberg initially. They all know each other, it was preplanned. Nothing in Hollywood is organic and the tricks they play are dirty as fuck.

You think you're watching some organic youtuber just talking about what he thinks? Nope, he was promoted and chosen to tear down the competition and open a window to sell. They attacked Lucas where they could hurt him: through his fans

No no no. RLM’s Hollywood influence got JJ the job.

>[autism intensifies]

hollywood does everything it can to pretend youtube and the internet at large doesn't exist. this fantasy that almost a decade before disney bought star wars, they were paying some literally whos to vocalize what everyone already thought of the prequels is psychosis level.

Not everything is connected.

Imagine believing this. Just imagine....I can't

Attached: 15257284828482.jpg (1500x1000, 104K)

this, essentially. I am split about Plinkett because many criticisms he applies to the prequels apply to the original trilogy as well, so it's phony to pretend the ot movies were good. They were good popcorn kino at best.

Kennedy was Spielberg's secretary. She gained more power after she joined a group of women activists inside Hollywood.
JJ was always a huge fan of Spielberg and they knew each other since Abrams' father was a well-known producer.

That's cute. How naive you are. Of course a multi-billion dollar company would ignore an avenue for profit! They just don't get that gosh darn internet!

i think you've got legit schizophrenia dude

Attached: 1564246221354.jpg (640x640, 48K)

I didn’t think the “/s” was necessary.

Yeah behind the scene partnerships and scummy business tactics are insane to imagine happening. Everyone just negotiates like big boys and plays nice!

I don't think your life is necessary

the internet is not an avenue for profit for film, no. as it represents the end of the market control that created the film industry. Market control that is steadily failing.

>the internet is not an avenue for profit for film
Congratulations! You take the award for the most deluded post of the day.

the issue with schizophrenics is they always have some basic truth to their inane ramblings. Yes, hollywood deals are mostly insider/nepotistic/cronyism. That doesn't mean hollywood is paying some youtubers to attack george lucas.

In this situation it does. Quite easily looks like that. Considering Mike literally says JJ should have the job. Quite literally

you do realize the main factor that created hollywood was their exclusive control over film distribution, right? A concept which the internet makes open source?

You do realize The effects on PT were top notch right? ILM got a lot of work after each movie because they were the top dog.

>The effects on PT were top notch
no, they weren't

You do realize how many sections of the internet are devoted to movie and music promotion right?

Yea, I think you have legitimate schizophrenia. In all honesty any name would've fit because george lucas proved, with the prequels, that he couldn't direct traffic.

you do realize you're confusing marketing for film distribution and content creation?

You're basically wrong on every fundamental level here.

Well hey, you know what they say, if your only argument is calling the other person crazy...you're a dumb faggot that has no argument

I still remember the entire cinema laughing at the "Nooooo".

You're equating a few literally who youtubers to steven spielberg. Yea, you're nuts.

You do realize you're ignoring the massive amount of money spent on marketing yes? The last couple of years just total white noise to you? The TLJ defense force? The articles? No? Your mother drank while she was pregnant with you? Okay

Yeah it's crazy to think of someone manipulating the public into thinking they chose who the director was, and not that he was a friend of Kathleen and Spielberg.

IT'S CRAZY kek

>but what about
Again, marketing is marketing, a separate, parasitic, entity attached to hollywood. This has nothing to do with your claim that ten years before george would even think of selling star wars, disney was paying random people to criticize the prequels, again.

Lmao it’s this. People act (rlm drones) like Lucas did a shit work and then got “saved” by marcia. This is obviously false, and the argument changes to “he was surrounded by talent! He didn’t do everything himself” when this is pointed out.
Nevermind the fact that he chose the talent involved, and it was his vision that was followed.
No, the “magical ‘It’ factor” was no longer Lucas’ doing, it was someone else. So deep is the childhood trauma of prequel haters that they can’t IMAGINE Lucas doing anything.

Attached: 2CDA63EA-67C9-450C-AD44-0C74B2C02F95.jpg (853x772, 101K)

Friend, name a safer choice than JJ abrams. Remember, its 2012.

They were, dumpling. On fact, the PT uses effects that are still timeconsuming to do. They also pioneered a lot of CGI taken granted these days.

people act like george lucas was basically swept up in the creative hurricane that was the new hollwyood movement, and as it ended (during the middle of filming ROTJ) the quality of his work diminished.

they spent a lot of time and money to make the movies look cheap. this is a common criticism.

Thanks for the laugh, user.

By what standards? 2005? They were creating the standards.

THE ATTEMPT ON MY LIFE HAS LEFT ME

SCARRED

AND DEFOOOORMED

How about a good choice instead of a safer one? Or instead of a close friend?

by the standards that CGI almost always looks cheap and lazy