Was it real?

Was it real?

Attached: medium_intro-1507813154 (1).jpg (600x338, 43K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/iDSjnZqjdXo?t=36
youtube.com/watch?v=GljhR5rk5eY
youtube.com/watch?v=pPAy56Otr-E
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Nope.

Nope but he got lobotomized at the end.

RIP Douglas Quaid.

nah

Lol look at this Italian poster.

Attached: 4323423234.png (564x818, 1.01M)

There was a Total Recall pinball machine planned but it never got made.

Attached: Total Recall Pinball Art.jpg (2500x3745, 1.96M)

Yes it was real. You faggots are over thinking it.

RIP Philip K Dick.

Attached: Total Recall Pinball Cabinet.jpg (800x536, 82K)

Total recall.
Totally worth it.

Based pinball poster. Haven't seen you in awhile

Attached: Shirley temple.jpg (635x423, 43K)

What would be the best translation of the title into Spanish? Recuerdo Total? Recuerdo Absoluto? Recuerdo Definitivo?

Total Recall was the name of the company that made the VR trips, right?

AARHGGGG ARGGG ARHHGGG GUUUUUU GGRRRRRRRRRRRR GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR UUUUUUUUUUUHHHH UUUUUUUUUHHHH ARRGGGGG

Attached: 3234233432432.jpg (1558x818, 510K)

See you at the party Richter!
youtu.be/iDSjnZqjdXo?t=36

Was it that bad?
youtube.com/watch?v=GljhR5rk5eY

I have to re-watch it because I don't remember it too well. Quaid doesn't go to Mars in this one and he stays on Earth, right? And he tries to go against the government or something if I recall correctly.

I remember liking it when it came out, but I also don’t remember there being a plot either, it felt like action scenes, one after another with nothing else.

It was both real and not real simultaneously. Fiction can be weird like that sometimes.

Slightly better trailer IMO.
youtube.com/watch?v=pPAy56Otr-E

In what year is this world? It must be like 2100s at least.

I'm going to a pinball expo in your honor m8

Ok it is in 2084.

get yu ass to mas

Theres proof for both it being real and not real, and its supposed to be ambiguous.
When I was younger it seemed like it was real.
But after I rewatched it I don't know.
He dreams of the girl before going to recall, which is a point for real
But it ends with a flash of white, like the doctor said, a point against it being real
Theres other stuff, like the doctor sweating, but then the doctors death is dramatized heavily and then the weirdness kicks into overdrive.
You just cant be sure. I like to think its real, and the doctor is there to try and subdue him without violence so that houser can be reimplanted into quade, but you just cant know for sure.

How a normal construction worker became a professional killer? It was all in his mind.

>How a normal construction worker became a professional killer
That's a detail that you can argue either way
If its in his head, it makes sense that he becomes a super killer
But, you could also argue that when they pop his memory cap at recall, it lets him unleash his hidden skills so to speak.

It's not even just is it real or is it not real – there are points where it could have been real up until then, before becoming not real again. Was the Quait personality really a double agent all along? Did he undergo a recall within his recall? This movie does Inception better than Inception.

His short stories are 11/10. I still reread them every few years

It was real.

>IM COOOOOOOOMBING

>it was real
Yeah but even if Mars was real, was he Quaid or was he Hauser?

No it wasn't

Ive only read a few I liked.
Second variety was fantastic, Electric ant was a little weird but ok, faith of our fathers wasn't bad, and then there was one I read where it turns out the MC is a robot with a bomb in him. Ending was predictable but I still enjoyed it.
I didn't like man in the high castle. Felt like he wasted the book basically.
I view him as a little overrated. Hes good don't get me wrong, but I wouldn't put him above Asimov or Heinlein

>Did he undergo a recall within his recall? This movie does Inception better than Inception.
I never thought about this before. Youre right though. Did he potentially have a mental break down when the doctor was screwing with him about the pill?

So god damn many good books in the world it's amazing all the bad scripts that get made. Why is this movie the exception instead of the rule? Any modern hack could strike gold with that script.

>Why is this movie the exception instead of the rule? Any modern hack could strike gold with that script.
well tbf this is a loose adaptation of we can remember it for you whole sale. Its miles better than the short story its based on.
It took whoever wrote it to make it good, wasn't as simple as a copy paste job from the story

nah bro it was a movie

I think it's a memory since when they ask him to describe his ideal woman, once they select all his preferences the monitor shows an exact picture of her. This is BEFORE they implant the memory/pop his old implant.

Nearly everything else can be argued for/against it being a dream but this detail.

He dreams about her in the start and it pisses off his wife. Does it genuinely piss her off, or is she pretending to be pissed off because she's a double agent trying to distract him?