Medieval kino thread

Post 'em, lads.

Attached: 523525235.jpg (800x1185, 161K)

Other urls found in this thread:

imdb.com/search/keyword/?keywords=medieval-times&ref_=ttkw_kw_4&sort=num_votes,desc&mode=detail&page=1
imdb.com/title/tt1424431/?ref_=nv_sr_1?ref_=nv_sr_1
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Trash movie. It was like if someone turned the spark notes of a major conflict into a movie, making sure to spend all their money on set and costume instead of on writing.

The aesthetics were on point though.

What medieval kino would you recc instead?

Perceval le Gallois
The Virgin Spring
Pasolini's Canterbury Tales and Decameron

You ever watched Braveheart, zoomer? It's like Outlaw King but has more passion.

You don't want Medieval kino, you want a faux medieval action film.

black death starring sean bean

Director's cut of "Kingdom of Heaven" is absolutely based.

Not him but Braveheart is garbage in terms of historical accuracy and on a technical scale.

No one gives a single fuck about accuracy. Go watch a documentary

The name of the rose

Edward the Second
The Name of the Rose
The Passion of Joan of Arc

best depiction of someone being hung drawn and quartered. BRUTAL

>The Virgin Spring
Based. My dad showed that to me when I was a kid.

Of course I've seen it, but I'm hoping to find more recent and/or underrated stuff to watch.
Amen to that.

Attached: 5123521351.jpg (244x378, 20K)

You sound like you read a lot. Cool.

I don’t either but it’s sucks on a technical scale as well. It doesn’t even have historical accuracy we fall back on.

Attached: 3DAD54A0-83DA-48FC-A1CF-A9AA0D6597BD.jpg (1013x1500, 228K)

Screw all this euro-centric garbage.
Watch this show on Netflix. It's all about Turkish tribes kicking Crusader ass. And it's a lot better than crap like Game of Thrones.

Attached: resurrection_ertugrul.jpg (640x914, 228K)

Whatcha mean technical scale? Never heard the term

This is what you're looking for.
imdb.com/search/keyword/?keywords=medieval-times&ref_=ttkw_kw_4&sort=num_votes,desc&mode=detail&page=1

The director's cut of Kingdom of Heaven.

Everything that’s not story. Acting, editing, shot structure etc. The is delivered poorly as well. The only moments I thought were entertaining was the ending (although it was sappy) and the first battle.

>How to Train Your Dragon
>In Bruges
>Garden State
>etc etc

top kek

meant for

I know.

Little confused by what you posted earlier then, but okay.
Netflix is All over the place in production values. They get some nice shots, good director, but a 5 year old could write it and vice versa.
I get your point

Nobody that I recommend this kino to will watch it because the title is so dumb, but it is truly a based film.

Why is it good? Kinda wanna watch it

Stop spreading this low-IQ meme. The script sucks. The only exceptional performances were Edward Norton and Saladin. Bloom is wooden and flat.

It’s sappy throughout but it’s mostly masculine sappiness.

Oh shit Norton is in that? Are the battles cool or some shit? Seems like something id like but I dont feel like wasting my time tonight

The breakneck pacing of this film was really off putting

Recommend some Medieval Kino, pls

Norton is the leper king. The battles are kinda cool but it doesn't really heat up till the end during the siege of Jerusalem, which is LOTR-tier

I agree about Bloom. I don’t know why people talk it up. It was terrible and I usually love historical epics.

He plays King Baldwin. All of his scenes are great. Ridley always gives good battles. There are definitely great moments but the movie as a whole is flat, unevenly paced and poorly led by Bloom.

No one cares about the barbarian tourkos.

The life of Andrei Rublev.

What movie is that in your picture?

imdb.com/title/tt1424431/?ref_=nv_sr_1?ref_=nv_sr_1

fucking underrated.