How did a bunch of loser neckbeard atheists create the WWE of podcasts, but then fall of the radar entirely?

How did a bunch of loser neckbeard atheists create the WWE of podcasts, but then fall of the radar entirely?

Attached: drunken peasnts.jpg (225x225, 14K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-V0jjPJkIG8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Deep Fat Fried sucks so hard...

I don’t remember if this show actual used to be good or it’s because I was dumb teenager and atheist when I used to watch it

me too but still atheist

>see this thread and think "oh yeah I used to watch this"
>go to YouTube and search for drunken peasants
>they are STILL making videos

It's so sad now. I miss watching them when I was in high school, and I'll sometimes rewatch older episodes I remember liking. But watching new DP and DFF is just so sad

whateaver happened to the amazing atheist? is he still also making fedora videos?

Most of the hosts left, it is now hosted by Billy the Fridge and Ben. It's okay, good if they have a good guest (Jeff Holiday or Hannibal and Monty) . Has this problem where they talk about the same shit too often
Tj, Paul, and Scotty started a show called deep fat fried. It's basically just them reading wikipedia articles about the episode's subject while paul talks constantly and TJ gets in fake arguments with Scotty

they were made obsolete

Attached: TrapChapHouse[1].jpg (4480x2520, 2.83M)

I haven't watched TJ in about 2 years now. Is she still doing the dull le-enlightened-centrist thing?

The fuck is this
He's basically come to terms with the fact that he's a washed up edgelord. Will basically attack anyone regardless of political beliefs

another podcast

Does anyone else still have a dinoaur shirt?

The show was at its best when it was operating within its means - it was a bunch of dumbest-people-in-the-room stoner YouTubers making dumbass stoner jokes about other dumbass YouTubers. It was total junkfood content, you knew you were there to just laugh at everyone involved (hosts included).

Then they got too full of themselves, started thinking they had something actually interesting or insightful to say about news, politics, etc. They started thinking they were funnier than just dumb boner/stoner jokes. They memed themselves into a corner by making Brett Keane such a large part of their humor, before trying to cut him out of the show when they realized they had fucked up by including him too much. Then after they got too high off their own farts and everything went to shit, they fucked up, split the show ... and now nobody cares.

They didn't know what made the show fun in the first place, they got too full of themselves, and they fucked everything up.

Because they are the Young Turks of podcasts.

Paul was what killed this show
This was as close to serious as any of the other peasants came with politics
youtube.com/watch?v=-V0jjPJkIG8
Meanwhile Paul has to go on a 5 minute long rant everytime they do the news section and nearly cry when guests like Milo are on or when Ben talks about IKEA

Paul certainly sped up the show's decline. I think it would have eventually happened anyway - especially given how quickly they accelerated to shit after the election - but Paul certainly personified so much of what went wrong with the show in the final year or so.

It's a shame, because his early inclusions in the show were fine. He came on, told an obviously-bullshit-but-still-fun story, everyone had a laugh, and that was it. Making him a full member was the fuck-up, they should have known he was better on the side.

HAVE ANY OF THEM COMMITTED SUICIDE AS YET

Attached: asdasd.jpg (634x533, 44K)

Why did Ben and the split up?

Everyone's hush hush about it. TJ claims it was creative differences, while Ben clearly has ill-will for TJ and gang

Ben was always the more "responsible" one of the group, at least in so far as he wanted the show to be somewhat "professional" (used in the loosest of terms), to keep growing, to have interesting guests, etc. TJ is lazy as fuck and just wanted to coast by without having to do any work. Scotty had an in due to being TJ's brother, and Paul had an in due to being TJ's friend, neither of them contributed as much to the behind-the-scenes either.

What more context do you really need, even without having followed the show up until the split? TJ was the "big name", but was a piece of shit with regards to actually contributing to the show beyond showing up. The non-Ben hosts were just there because of TJ. The show split because Ben and TJ ended up having too much of a disagreement about how the show should be run and where it should go. TJ and Paul went off to do their own minimal-effort thing, while Ben kept the show and went off to do whatever the fuck he wanted.

Basically this. I have no idea how TJ, after years of making edgy or lowbrow entertainment, decided it'd be a good idea to start an informative podcast.

>decided it'd be a good idea to start an informative podcast.
But that's the point, he didn't. The Drunken Peasants podcast was always just dumb YouTuber stoners laughing at other dumb YouTubers. There was never any pretense that they were doing anything "informative" or "intellectual", beyond perhaps the few times they hosted debates with/between smarter people. The fun of it was that it was just a dumb, chill, silly time. If you had been following some of these folks for a while, it was fun to hear TJ tell stories about some of the old "classic" atheist YouTubers ... much of which grew into the drama that helped prop the podcast up for so long (eg. Bret Keane, Onision, etc).

The show only started to get too big for it's breeches around about the era where Paul joined and the 2016 election. Paul thought too highly of himself, and the Peasants started to think they had anything interesting to say about politics as they wanted to cover more and more of it. It was common to see the audience laugh at their "news" segments where they felt it was important to give their uninformed opinions about goings-on in middle eastern countries with names they literally couldn't even pronounce.

Name a podcast that *doesn't* star loser neckbeard atheists?

It's a medium inherently oriented towards shut-ins and people on the outer edges of society.

If you weren't aware Tj and crew now do a new "informative" podcast after they left DP

Wait, DFF is supposed to be "informative"? I only watched an episode or two shortly after the split, and it was just TJ and Paul sperging about movies they liked.

Remember when they had a segment where they literally reviewed weed for 30 minutes?

dick.show

>it's a Paul talking about space episode

god i cant believe I watched hundreds of hours of this shit lmao

Attached: 68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f (720x696, 56K)

When they started doing that, I knew it was the end. Maybe the podcast wouldn't end, but Jesus fuck did they run out of ideas. The Brett Keane stuff was the best, along with crazy people. I don't know why they thought it was a good idea to stop talking about Brett

>I don't know why they thought it was a good idea to stop talking about Brett
Because Brett was unironically hitting a raw nerve with them. He would keep gloating about how much of an impact *he* was having on their show, and despite how much they tried to reject that notion, the fans kept wanting them to cover more and move Brett content. Brett himself is a piece of shit, he didn't care that their content was making fun of him, he was getting attention.

It all came to a head when TJ made some dumb on-stream bet related to Brett (I don't even remember what it was at this point), unironically lost the bet, then spent a stream or two trying to weasel his way out of paying before finally having to suck it up. TJ was so salty about this, and they eventually OD'd on Brett content, so they decided to do the "no Brett for a month" meme ... during which they completely failed to understand why ODing on one type of content was a bad idea, and just covered Onision drama for an entire month instead.

Brett memes were the best. I still can't hear the word "situation" without thinking about him. The Peasants just eventually lost sight of why the Brett content was funny, leaned into it too much, and got burned.

TJ was right about the bet, though. The bet was that Brett had to show TJ what was in his mouth, and at first, Brett just showed him his fake teeth by holding them up. That wasn't the bet. Eventually, Brett did end up showing the inside of his mouth, and TJ paid him the money

It's strange seeing people nostalgic for the old episodes saying they were in high school when they aired. I had already been out of college for a year when the DPP started. Paul being a steady member was the beginning of the end. He was great as an occasionally guest or fill-in, but his ego(lul) ruined the show.

Scotty came up with some idea called "starve the Manatee" where they'd ignore Brett for half a year so they could see how pathetic his videos were without them. Only problem is they never watched Brett regularly after 6 months passed

I'm not even sure if that's the same bet I was thinking of, but I remember at the time that whatever bet it was Brett basically did was what he thought was asked, and TJ had to go back to "no no no the specific words that I used meant that I wanted you to do ...". It was followed by a few episodes of TJ pouting and refusing to pay until Brett did exactly what he wanted, before Brett finally caved.

I remember at the time people were complaining that TJ looked like he was acting like a child (not that this was anything out of the ordinary). It was clear that he made the bet on a whim of bravado without expecting Brett to actually engage, and was then butthurt that he'd actually have to hand over so much money to someone he hated. I can't remember exactly which bet it was because I'm pretty sure this was something TJ did several times throughout the show's history ... some being paid out more reluctantly than others.

>It's strange seeing people nostalgic for the old episodes saying they were in high school when they aired.
I mean, yeah, it's a little embarrassing to look back at how old I was when watching the show given that the main audience was literally dumb teenagers. But I'll stand by it being a silly guilty pleasure. The peasants were fun enough when they weren't being total morons, it's a shame that's just how it ended up going.

He knows he's irrelevant now. He was the king of YouTube about 12 years ago. I remember being 13 and actually finding him intimidating.

>Only problem is they never watched Brett regularly after 6 months passed
That pissed me off so much. Waiting 6 months just for them to not watch Brett anymore

>create the WWE of podcasts,
care to extrapolate?

It's indicative of the all-or-nothing approach they had. The audience loved the Brett Keane content, so they just kept piling on more and more. After it became a problem, their solution was to go into full cold-turkey mode. Literally everybody involved lost out - the audience lost some of their favorite content, the Peasants lost out on good easy content to present and had to scramble for something else (and, for some reason, landed on shitty old Onision videos?), and whatever slight relevance Brett had was slightly reduced. They literally went for the "cut off the nose to spite the face" approach in order to try to make the point that they didn't need Brett ... which is amusing given that it was one of the events that signaled the beginning of the end of the show.

They literally pulled off WWE style Kayfabe in the forum of fabricated absurdist drama among the hosts. Was also surprisingly lucrative for its size

You say "pulled off", when really you mean "it was just some bullshit they ran with on the side". The majority of the audience didn't care for any of the WWE content, or the WWE-inspired content. IIRC, the WWE segments and weed review segments were easily the most hated by the audience.

>It's indicative of the all-or-nothing approach they had. The audience loved the Brett Keane content, so they just kept piling on more and more. After it became a problem, their solution was to go into full cold-turkey mode. Literally everybody involved lost out - the audience lost some of their favorite
Thing is the whole "starve the manataee" situation would have been brilliant if they actually committed to it. The day it ended they should have done at least an hour of Brett

Nah I meant the fake WWE-esque drama. Shit like Billy throwing the fake piss jar or Paul being fired

some episodes were decent depending on the guests/videos

That was later-stage DP content, and even then a sizeable fraction of the audience didn't care for it. Fake drama in the place of content was always just ... meh.

I mean, that might have been the case if they were doing "starve the manatee" for fun reasons. They weren't doing it as a gimmick, they were doing it because TJ was legit pissed off at having to pay Brett and thought he was spiting him. It was a lack of self-awareness and perspective and kicked the whole thing off, and it was the same lack of self-awareness and perspective that had them fail to capitalize by having fun with Brett content at the end of it.

After the piss thing with Paul and Billy, they literally made a video asking the fans what they should do in order to be entertaining

im guessing u listen to joe rogan as well

Remember when they had a fake drinking contest for 3 hours where they pretended to be drunk?

I don't remember this, was it patreorn only or something?