They're trying to remake Princess Bride. This cannot happen. Link posted in thread

They're trying to remake Princess Bride. This cannot happen. Link posted in thread.

Attached: xib1u7sf7jm01.jpg (520x638, 29K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/Cary_Elwes/status/1174124906327330816?s=20
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

twitter.com/Cary_Elwes/status/1174124906327330816?s=20

Who cares? This movie sucks and only girls in their late 20s like it.

The original was a massively enlarged prostate of a kino

Fuck you loser. I'm a 33 year old mega Chad and I enjoyed this film. Faggot

Attached: 1568157363529.jpg (640x480, 46K)

>Link posted in thread.

Attached: 1498891013625.png (554x400, 868K)

Sony have absolutely zero shame and love marketing based on controversy. Him tweeting that probably makes it more likely they'd do it.

It's kind of a perfect movie. I dare them to remake it just so we can see everyone get pissed off.

Attached: this-mess.png (833x726, 985K)

Disney owns it. It's going to happen. Buttercup is now a Disney Princess, and will be marketed appropriately.

Zoom Zoom

Sony doesn't own it, never did. It was a 20th Century Fox movie, and they're owned by Disney now.

>There’s a shortage of perfect movies in this world. It would be a pity to damage this one.
Based fucking Cary Elwes.

Imagine being this fucking retarded.
Inconceivable

Sony doesn't care how much people love the original. If they think they can make $1 profit on a remake, they'll do it.

>Disney owns it.
Sony owns it.

A lot of it was cringe, maybe even the vast majority of it but I genuinely enjoyed the battle of wits scene. Had to watch it a few times to figure this out, but the poison was also absorbed through smell, that's why the Sicilian was dead only seconds after he drank the wine. Sure, it was poisoned as well, but the damage had already been done minutes ago.

Whew, good thing modern Disney doesn't have a long and storied history of remaking classic films and making them mediocre and boring, right?

"Another year later, to commemorate the 20th anniversary of the film, MGM and 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>(whose corporate parent The Walt Disney Company holds all US rights to the film except for US home video rights)

It was released by 20th Century Fox who is owned by Disney.

Humble too.

Surely William Goldman owns the rights? That's William Goldman screenwriter who had the nerve to criticize Excalibur for it's pacing.

I think we are at the point in time where there are enough people in the world who will go along and see any old shit without caring what it is, or the origins of it, or any politicization related to it for the studios to still turn a profit.

Thus most shit they make will turn a buck, and they don't give a fuck. CGI makes everything cheaper in regards to blockbusters.

Goldman is dead. Any rights would be transferred to his estate. He never had kids, and divorced, so his brother probably has them now. Doesn't matter, he sold the screen rights to Fox, who own them still, and the can remake it if they want to.

Get the fuck out of this board right now

kys

Attached: 1359948700833.gif (400x229, 1020K)

I hope he was killed by John Boorman.

Well, you know, it is a fairytale archetype, there's no reason why a good cast and rewrite couldn't make something of it potentially.

If instead of copying it and getting Bautista instead of Andre and making some lame piece of shit, they could get some really good director to do it. I'm voting for David Chase, if he's too busy, then Harmony Korine. Harm will probably do it for free tacos and meth.

No one suggests Macbeth shouldn't be remade because Orson did a great version.

Attached: next time.jpg (960x936, 92K)

Go play some Fortnite, zoomer.

You know they're going to make it with a black guy, right?

It will give you something to screech about at least. Like the shrill little girl from /pol/ that you are.

my 9th grade neurotic single-mother english teacher played this movie in class and said it was her favorite movie of all time (this was like in 2006)
thought it was campy and lame. dont @ me

>has shit taste in films
>”n-no! Fuck you! You’re a zoomer!”

Attached: E1ABA9E4-D8B8-4B6D-B018-CB8BE39C67EB.jpg (819x612, 277K)

That movie sucks and it was always bad.

>How to shitpost for (You)s on Yea Forums 101
>claim a universally beloved thing is shit

Works on literally every board. People are always too stupid to avoid falling for it. Deepthroat that bait like it's cock you fucking retards. Prove the culling needs to be by force.

Cope more idiot child.

>oh nooo /pol/!1!
Cry harder, mutt

>haha I was only PRETEDNDING

When they had that clue on Jeopardy! a while back about how it's the only movie ever to have been written as a book first by the author, then produced + directed + screenwritten by the same author, the most pure vision of a book to film ever.

That was when I received my vision, and knew they would remake it. This is no surprise. Take action, King Hezekiah.

@

Fucking @ cunt.

>Andre the giant
well, we can't have that nowadays, that will be discrimination against the horizontally challenged

If you honestly think Princess Bride is a bad movie, I pity you. Legitimately.

>horizontally challenged
>horizontally

nice reddit spacing
go back there

Casting?
Adam Conover as Westley
Leslie Jones as Buttercup
The Rock as Fezzik
Brie Larson as Vizzini
Jussie Smollett as Inigo Montoya
Fred Savage as the grandmother
Two unknown refugee kids as the grandchildren
Henry Cavill as Prince Humperdink

The guy that wrote the book is dead right?
Cause I'd imagine he'd sperg out over this casting.

The Dread Pirate Roberts is actually a... woman!?

Wasn't there a "Celebrities when they were the same age as you" thread recently, where some user posted posted Cary Elwes...and then said he looked like Cary Elwes...and he did?

nvm, I looked it up

On top of it being almost impossible to find a solid replacement for all the main roles (even the framing device has Peter Falk) the biggest issue is how small scale and quaint the original is.
Hollywood don't make these sorts of films anymore especially out of pre-existing properties. It would end up just another post pirates of caribbean bloated summer blockbuster. A two and half hour slog with all its charm replaced with overlong action set pieces.