What do we think of frank?

Attached: frank.jpg (1536x864, 225K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aWbFXJRBhRg
youtube.com/watch?v=5-GPOr4DUaw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Why does he wear the mask?

Yea Forums hates it because they didn't understand it.
Used to call it "Reddit The Movie". Thought it was just about a quirky alternative band becoming famous while being completely oblivious to the fact that Frank turned out to have brain damage and wasn't just a misunderstood artist and all the bullshit just held him back as his parents pointed out.
No idea how Yea Forums could miss how everybody in the movie also hated their music and at the end Ginger just wasted his grandparents money and was left with nothing.
So the movie is about the dangers of living in a dream world and how harsh reality can be.

Attached: frank.jpg (1920x808, 642K)

I watched Frank and I spent the entire movie repeating the words "This is reddit, this is memes, this is reddit, this is memes..." under my breath.

I fucking hated it. I was writhing around on the floor in front of my sofa for the last 30 minutes it was so painful.

>DUDE QUIRKY MUSICIAN MOVIE LMAO
If you liked it you're in the wrong place

>Used to call it "Reddit The Movie
Its actually Yea Forums the movie. The band is Yea Forums and Domnhall Gleeson is reddit the character. He discovers Yea Forums, shows the world their oc via social media and piggybacks off their talent. At the end the deranged anons are only returned to peace by his departure

The band is pure reddit. Maybe that makes Domnhall Gleeson 9gag.

I always thought it was weird that what looked like a quirky indie comedy had a message that amounted to "Creative people exist in their own world, and when you try to insert yourself into it and you don't belong, you just fuck everything up, so you should accept being a talentless hack and go home"

Yeah pretty much but the band was creative yet talentless. Their music was shit and people only liked it ironically.

>The band is pure reddit.
Because they are talentless and produce shit people only consume to laugh at?
I guess you are right

Suck a dick you cunt, I was raised with Frank, and the real one. The film was fine, and acceptable, but it's only zoomers who complain. Go watch Being Frank (the documentary released this year), he was a national treasure, and his shed will be missed.

Attached: getout.jpg (541x427, 60K)

Boring

it was surprisingly good
i love the gradual demystification of the mad genius archetype and the idea that it somehow makes a band super cool if the guy has issues and instead it turns out that the good bits about them were because the guy was musically talented, that his mental illness is a hindrance, not an accessory, and most importantly that the twitter guy protagonist is fucking worthless parasite

hes actually like Daniel Johnston the musician, his image is that of the comedian you are referring too but you can compare the type of character more with him and the music he made

Attached: johnston_1568272313_crop_549x797.jpg (549x797, 52K)

I LOVE YOU AAAAAAAALLLLL

Attached: 1563279208917.jpg (810x362, 87K)

It was alright.
Sidebottom is kino though
youtube.com/watch?v=aWbFXJRBhRg

Yeah, but the way the movie presents them seems to be in the camp of
>Look at these freespirited creative rebels who don't give a fuck about anyone and just make their music, and the stupid, boring stooge who thinks he can be one of them. Look at the uncultured mutts in their twee cafes playing their shitty indie songs, not inspired and pure like Frank and co.
The movie paints Frank and his band as real artists and everyone else as braindead normies who can't appreciate real art

Dumb, forgettable movie.

Domhall Gleeson can't act, and will never learn how to act it seems.

Degenerate. The thin end of the wedge.

they seemed more like autists living in their own little world while failing miserably in the real world to me

>The movie paints Frank and his band as real artists and everyone else as braindead normies who can't appreciate real art
I don't think so. For me Frank's band of weirdos are just outcasts who don't fit anywhere so they stay together and do the thing they're passionate about, not only as a way to belong someplace but as a way to really free themselves from whatever multiple traumas and problems they have.
They should totally be left alone to do their own thing and be happy, because they don't function anywhere else.

The protag is a little bitch desperate for validation, so by default he doesn't fit with them. But even then you could tell he wasn't really passionate about music or connected with any of the other struggles the band had.
I'd say the protag is still looking for a place to belong at the end of the film, but he learned to be much more free in his own skin.

Rob, go to bed.

"Frank" is kino.

It's almost as if it make fun of most music biopics.

youtube.com/watch?v=5-GPOr4DUaw