Anyone seen Ad Astra yet?

I really like it. Maybe more than Once upon a time in Hollywood

Attached: ad-astra-poster.jpg (810x1200, 164K)

How close was it to the leaked script? The ending seemed rushed and not worth the buildup in that.

I never read the leaked script, what was the ending in that?

I just saw the movie 15 minutes ago.

What did you think

I'd rate it 7/10. I didn't like how it ended on a message we are alone in universe and each other and earth is best we have

Look at those uncanny eyes.

No thanks

Attached: Screenshot_2.png (340x197, 145K)

I think they made him look like Tommy lee Jones

Attached: tommy-lee-jones.jpg (2216x1536, 330K)

I liked it, and also the fact they refer to God several times. This is anti reddit kino my man. There's nothing out there, we are one unique creation.

It's a good movie. Just that I personally believe that there is something out there. The universe is endless. You know movie Contact? I kind of have liked ending similar to it.

I didn't understand how or why there were pirates on the moon

This one was more original than stuff we've already seen. I laughed when there was a poster "is there life out there?" and there was written "YES YES YES" all over it

Don't want to get involved but check out the Lone Earth Theory, I think it's called. If I understand it correctly, basically, the set of circumstances that led to us being alive is impossible.

Yeah that was hard to swallow but I assume the settelements were big enough to host all kind of people, including terrorirsts and pirates.

Didn't another recent space flick have this same message?

Why wasn't Brad Pitt arrested at the end? He murdered all those astronauts after infiltrating their ship. Does it relate to how the government covered up for his dad so the public weren't scared? Especially considering Brad brought back all that important research

He precisely said it was self defense and the flight recordings will prove it. Plus he accomplished the fucking mission. None of the three stooges would have achieved anyhting.

>set of circumstances that led to us being alive is impossible
except it's obviously possible because we exist - improbable is the word you're looking for

You're right, I think I assumed that how they reacted was normal protocol considering the circumstances of him being there and how crazy the government/society of that world is

what was the latest approximate number of earth like planets in universe? wasn't it some astronomical number?
I think it's just arrogant to believe that were that special and unique

Not him but I guess he means not possible without divine intervention.

Forgot to say "on paper" am tired :3

>I think it's just arrogant to believe that were that special and unique
It's not arrogant if you realize that we aren't just matter. How does science explain life? It doesn't. It's just there, and when a tree dies, there's no way to revive it. But they have no idea what is life.

Lone earth theory is just a escalation of the Fermi paradox. There are infinite possibilities. But the most likely one believed is that due to the size of the universe a near replica of our solar system has to exist, in reality this doesn't matter. In fact it doesn't matter if live exists our closest star. If humanity is gonna travel between stars we need near lightspeed tech, and that will cause a new paradox of relativity. You can fix aging but the ones not traveling at the speed of light would have to wait centuries either way. The ones traveling to the new star though won't have to wait long at all and if cryosleep is invented that's another way.

Either way, we're hardlocked to our solar system.

To add unto this, it becomes a massive clusterfuck.

a) you send a spaceship at normal speed, they either die or wait thousands of years or in cryosleep

b) you send at relativity speeds, the people at earth wait hundreds of years while the ones in ship only wait a year or two.

Not to mention the fact that communication is impossible.

So unless we can invent something that fucks with relativity like wormholes, the end result doesn't matter if the universe has life outside our solar system or not.

One of the fermi paradox explanation was
>it's impossible for a civilization to become advanced enough for space colonization without destroying itself first.

Looking at how thing are now i would say this could be it. We have evidence of advanced civilization in the past and they are gone.
We experienced technological advancement for just over a century and everything is already collapsing.

You could have a perfect replica of Earth somewher else, witha moon water and everything to sustain life yet with no life in it, just like an empty suite in a luxury hotel. I like how scientists mislead people saying water equals lief. No, life as we know it needs water to survive, but water alone isn't going to create life by itself. Scientists don't want to admit it, but life is magical.

The end result is that if you assume the universe is infinite, there has to be something identical somewhere, wether it's a solar system or life itself.

In the end though, like I said it doesn't matter because we are distance locked from eachother.

While there is a case that life can be magical, it's unlikely that it is, we just don't really understand it yet, it's a scenario where we think it's something superior behind of it but we haven't dug deep enough. We don't really know how the brain works, otherwise we'd have perfect medicine for everyone.

It's the same with physics, like what the fuck is the foundation of gravity? All we got proof of is that if time is linear, gravity will curve it.

>Either way, we're hardlocked to our solar system.
no, we just need to develop really, really, really, REALLY good boardgames for the people waiting.

kek
I keep trying to read and figure out what is at the bottom of a black hole. Shit is inconceivable.

If you believe in the universe being infinite, you're already believeing in the magical. Why not call it God?

>I keep trying to read and figure out what is at the bottom of a black hole. Shit is inconceivable.
You can't really figure it out because there is no answer. Because of the fact that it bends relativity, it bends both time and space. Essentially you can have your own universe in a black hole by that logic. But black holes energy is definite and not unlimited, there's just no proper answer and it's unlikely there ever will be a answer.

>If you believe in the universe being infinite, you're already believeing in the magical. Why not call it God?
In theory it's infinite because it expands faster than the speed of light, you can never catch up to it.

Then it's not really infinite, just expanding. The question is where is it expanding? What's outside the universe?

>Then it's not really infinite, just expanding. The question is where is it expanding? What's outside the universe?
In theory it's infinite because you can't travel faster than speed of light, if you were to bend relativity, your just "speeding" time up for yourself, but the ones observing you see you as normal, thus it's unchanged.

As for what's outside the universe, this is just another speculation question, no one knows and it's unlikely anyone ever will.

>as civilization we have reached the absolute apex
>we know everything there is to know
>there is nothing new to be discovered
>no new technological and scientific advancements will ever be made
i don't get this thinking

That's not what it says, only talking about extra terrestrial life.

is there a rip yet?

IMAGINE BEING THIS LEVEL OF PLEB LMAO

>WATCHING GLORIOUS IMAX SPACESHIT AS A 1XBET CAMRIP ON HIS IPHONE
HOLY FUCK

THIS IS WHY GOD HAS ABANDONED US

Attached: 1557517989542.jpg (1108x831, 167K)

It just came out today. Just go to cinema you lazy fuck.

Dude it's not even out in the US. What kind of rip do you want? There will be a screener soon but you'd have to be crazy to watch that. And this movie is made for theater to fully enjoy the cinematography. I rarely go to the theater, 3 times a year at best but when I do, I do it for kino.

But Terry is still here.

Is hibernation which nearly completely stops aging without killing you even possible theoretically?

There is no outside the universe. This is a common misconception rooted in the misapplication of the term expansion. The universe isn't expanding into anything. The concept of inflation is actually a lot harder to understand than idiotic analogies like an expanding balloon make it out to be.

>imagine willingly giving jews your cold hard earned cash
I guess you want to be congratulated for it, right?
*clap clap*

It stops aging, in reality the idea is that it freezes you down to absolute zero, in which atoms cannot move, therefore nothing changes.

is this another astronaut-saves-the-galaxy-by using-science along with some dull contemplations on how love is the strongest force in the universe?

WHAT A FUCKING BRAINLET

DO I LITERALLY CARE WHO PRODUCES THE IMAX SPACESHIT

YOUR ONLY JEWING YOURSELF YOU MORON

Attached: 600x600.jpg (600x600, 92K)

>DO I LITERALLY CARE WHO PRODUCES THE IMAX SPACESHIT

Attached: 1558557957142.jpg (750x703, 95K)

Yeah but it also kills you

>ALREADY KNOW THE ANSWERS
>CONSUME SUPERIOR PRODUCT ON ITS MERITS
>GET EXCITED FOR SIMILAR SUPERIOR PRODUCTS

BRAINLETS, I SWEAR TO GOD

No, if atoms cannot move, the moment your frozen, everything stops. The issue is waking up, because you can't go from absolute zero to 0 instantly, it will cause fatal damage.

Still, let's imagine the universe has a determined size, it still has to be somewhere, and there has to be something outside its limits.

Isn't the worse issue the anomaly of water, causing the expanding ice to fuck up your cells?

Then why do you even watch jew shit? there's a difference between watching original kino and giving money to Disney because they acquired copyrights of your beloved franchise and turned it into an LGBT friendly shlock, use your brain and learn to make distinctions between things that are radically different.

Just got back from the kinoplex. It was amazing. Go in knowing nothing and you will enjoy it more.
10/10

Also just back from seeing it. I thought the movie was okay. Beginning was interesting but the middle of the movie (everything on Mars) really threw me off. The rest was kind of a drag.

>and there has to be something outside its limits.
No, there is no outside. Imagine the room you are currently in were hermetically sealed to all matter and energy. Now empty it of everything, all matter, all energy, everything. There would be nothing in it. That's not what "outside" the universe is like. Because inside that room is still space-time, the higgs field and so on, the fabric of reality, the prerequisite for something to be put there. You could put a particle back into it. "Outside" the universe, there is no space-time, no higgs field, no reality. There is no prerequisite for anything to be put there. It is for lack of a better word un-reality. The universe doesn't have a border and that non-existent border isn't moving outward into something. The inflation takes place all over the universe where there is no stuff. The distance between accumulations of stuff, like galaxies, increases because new reality is added in "empty" space. The redshift of the CMB proves this.

so what if we had a magic spaceship and could travel for an infinite amount of time in one direction, you wouldn't hit some kind of "edge"?

There is no edge. A more sensible example would be that you couldn't reach the most distant observable object from your relative position in your magical spaceship anyway because it "moves" (it doesn't move obviously, it just seems that way because the distance increases) away from you faster than the speed of light making it unreachable for you even if you could travel at the speed of light, which you couldn't regardless of your spaceship's properties..

Well I guess from our point of view there are no limits and we're stuck in space and time but there's still has to that un-reality outside, that created ours because this universe didn't create itself.

Mike will go crazy with the Star Trek references in this one. They even have tricoders for life signs

Saw it last night, really good. Enjoyed it more than once upon a time. Glad I saw it on the big screen.

Attached: 1565575830567.jpg (470x560, 54K)