Why was he such a cunt

Why was he such a cunt

Attached: 75692_v9_ba.jpg (1080x1440, 197K)

jim lahey?

barry chuckle?

A comedian huh?

>I can’t stand mirth. Cheerful people seem guilty to me, because they can’t comprehend the mournful value of existence. I accept happiness only in children and the elderly, with all others I am intolerant.

What movie to comprehend the mournful value of existence?

His entire filmography

Too based for you, onions.

Barry Whistle

Does this idiot expect people to look and act gloomy constantly like an angsty hormonal teen? A lot of people are actually depressed but put on a show of hiding it rather than acting "le sad" for all to see.

Why can't I grow a mustache like that?

Attached: 1557106142290.jpg (345x378, 45K)

Everyone in the USSR was an evil cunt, especially after all the smart people died in the gulags

>Just pretend to be happy xd!
I bet you're take xanax you retard

He was just an ordinary, slightly bitter Soviet intellectual, until his wife drove absolutely crushed and squeezed him to basically abandon his life and run away to the West, because she dreamed of being a rich celebrity.

Roasties, not even once.

he just hates manchildren

>height: 5'7"
this explains everything.

No, mouth breather. I just insult idiots in a ghanese live action script writing seminar and coom and do other things rather than screaming for attention. If nobody takes pills and shit, those making them won't have a job, so think if they are actually meant to help you, attention whore.

who? I'm not GIS some random fag.

this and it happened to all commie countries. joyous and kind people get killed off quick.

>Goes into a thread about a filmmaker he doesn't know and complains about not knowing him
Embarrassing

You mean how could he be so fucking based?

Attached: 1557674763262.jpg (638x1252, 377K)

is this real, where's this from user?

hilarious shit

>Did he actually die not knowing he was a hack

Attached: 1534536373500.jpg (755x819, 49K)

Based

He really is /ourguy/

I wonder what would he think about Tarantino and Nolan

>Nolan
Tarkovsky would like him
>Tarantino
hack

Basically the og Yea Forums

reminder he killed his own cast and crew including his own personal favorite actor

and himself

It was for an art.

russian genes

I don't think he even gave a shit. He literally preaches that you should sacrifice yourself for your art, and to some extent he did

What a bitter, vile shitposter
He embodies the spirit of /litv/ so well

Still waiting for his unreleased works

Attached: tarkovsky.jpg (196x181, 18K)

>After the panel, they had arranged for Tarkovsky to see some of my films. I had warned Bill Pence that he might not like my films and I was nervous about showing them.

>Tarkovsky starts talking in rapid Russian, with Zanussi answering him, and whatever he's saying it's obviously angry. Finally, after a lot of these exchanges, Jane had the presence of mind to say, "What's going on? What's he saying?" So Zanussi starts translating and he says, "Well..." and we all wait, "Well... he says," and we wait some more, "he says that Art must have a mystery to it and this is too scientific to be Art."

>So, the leader comes through, the room's heated up, on comes Dog Star Man, Part IV. He starts exploding in Russian the minute the hand painted frames are flickering on the screen, along with the layers of superimposition. He's obviously raging! No one's heard him talk so much since he's been here. He's hammering away in incredibly rapid Russian.

>"This is sheer self-indulgence," "film is only a collaborative art." And in detail, "the color is shit" and "what is this paint? Why do you do this?"

>Now he's yelling! He's standing up in his chair, he's sitting down, he's looking at the film out of the periphery of his eye as he's yelling things at Zanussi, and he won't look at me at all. In the mean time, Jane and his wife are laughing and they're holding hands, and smiling, like "isn't this a wonderful cock fight!" Then comes on Arabic 3 and this maybe tripped him off the most. "What is this? It doesn't mean anything, it's just capricious."

>I did hear afterwards that Tarkovsky told the Russian emigre that it was the stupidest film he ever saw.

Attached: Brakhage-Tarkovsky.jpg (630x420, 53K)

What unreleased work?