I finally decided to watch this after seeing so many memes floating about Yea Forums over the years...

I finally decided to watch this after seeing so many memes floating about Yea Forums over the years. Completely unironic here, why do people dislike this film? It scratched an itch for me that Marvel films don't. Not to denounce or otherwise shit on Marvel stuff, I think most of their movies are fine. This isn't super great, but it's not bad. so far

Attached: batman vs superman.jpg (362x550, 57K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tvxnjrOqHIE
hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/ben-affleck-as-batman-negative-613619
bustle.com/articles/72047-jesse-eisenbergs-lex-luthor-photo-is-prompting-some-really-hilarious-twitter-reactions
telegraph.co.uk/film/batman-v-superman-dawn-of-justice/rumours-spoilers-news/
hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/not-trailer-leak-why-fans-789649
telegraph.co.uk/culture/film/film-news/11544209/Batman-v-Supermans-leaked-trailer-mocked-for-being-too-dark.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fregoli_delusion
youtube.com/watch?v=KByfpBXgKug
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Unironically ahead of its time

Which cut did you watch? I just finished rewatching ultimate which is fucking kino until the third act, and the knightmare sequence was just fucking stupid sequelbait

It's pire kino until doomsday kicks in, then kino again

I think it's just the normal version. It doesn't say anything, and yeah, I thought the dream sequence could have been done better.

I think its ridiculous that they used Doomsday this early and the big story that goes with it, would have been FAR more impactful to save him for Justice League 2 or Superman 3.

However, I cant lie thati think the fight scene is great and i do love he is portrayed as just a rage filled monster that cant be dealt with. The sheer amount of destruction he causes does make him truly memorable to me and stand out more than many MCU villians

>another fake "I've seen this shit for the first time and I liked it" thread
>just another cry for attention from snyderspergs
>"mobie ish shtill discusshed"
Snyder cut never

I haven't even finished it yet, if you check my OP.

Attached: chrome_RU3HlSTUM6.png (3707x1129, 1.35M)

In time, we will join Snyder in the sun

Why are shills so bad hiding themselves?

I downloaded the special edition yesterday after Yea Forums recommended it. I didn't like the Nolan batmovies and haven't seen any DCU stuff besides aquachad, so hopefully I'll like it.

I just can’t get into this one. I’m a DC fan, and I tried really hard to like it but I just don’t. It has too many problems and the extended version didn’t help.

you fucking paid money on youtube to watch it?

Go back to your Tom Holland discord, infant.

Attached: haha.png (960x640, 492K)

Yeah, I have money so I paid $4 for the movie.

Having just finished it, I concur with these two posts. Can I move on to Justice League from here or do I need to rewatch Suicide Squad?

Ah damn. Then your positive opinion surprises me, I thought the theatrical release was very flawed, but I can praise the ultimate edition. It's worth a rewatch if you liked it user, there's nearly another hour in there.

I think you should watch neither Justice League nor Suicide Squad. The only other watchable DCEU movie is Aquaman and even that feels more like a Marvel movie. There's nothing in the franchise that's remotely as good as BvS.

That's disappointing.

Even though the Doomsday thing could have been dropped or reworked, BvS left me wanting more. This wasn't nearly as bad as people would have you believe. I loved the cast.

Justice League is like they tried to do the opposite of BvS in a very aggressive manner. Shit sucks.

We all would have rather had the real version of Justice League but what we got instead was pretty insulting, honestly. Watch Logan if you want another relatively recent serious superhero movie.

Don’t watch suicide squad under any circumstance, but I think you should give Justice League a shot. It’s different in tone to BvS though

Go fuck yourself user that guy is supporting WB so they can make more kino

Oh, is that what the Snyder cut meme is? I won't lie, this is a huge fucking bummer. There's Marvel for Marvel stuff and like I said in the OP, BvS was scratching an itch I didn't even know was there.

That upcoming Joker movie looks alright. Don't think Hangover guy will be able to make anything nearly as visually interesting as Snyder but it looks neat for what it is.

I think the outright hatred of BvS was more of a cultural boiling point than an actual critical response to the film in and of itself. It all started in 2012, with the release of TDKR and the Avengers. TDKR had great critical reception at first, but over time, as more people started pointing out its perceived flaws online, popular opinion shifted until most people regarded it as one of Nolan's worst films. At the same time, reception of the MCU was still mixed; then the Avengers released, which was not only a huge hit but also cemented the MCU as a powerhouse in popular culture. Similarly, MoS released in 2013 to mixed critical response, and became something of a punching bag online for its perceived flaws. A year later GotG released, which would set the tone for the MCU in the years to come.

By the time BvS released in 2016, people were prepared to hate it. Criticism and hatred for TDKR and MoS had been building for years and people needed an outlet to let it all out. Nearly ten years had passed since TDK released, an audiences had decided that they no longer wanted a more "grounded" or "realistic" approach to super hero films. The MCU had become the standard by which all super hero movies would be compared to, especially now that WB was marketing it as the start of a new cinematic universe (even though that was only a half truth). Every time news released about BvS, people would take the opportunity to bitch about how bad it was going to be online. They had already made up their minds long before BvS actually released. Combine all this with a somewhat weak theatrical cut, and it's no wonder it was nitpicked to death and torn to shreds by critics. If it had released 5-10 years earlier, things probably would have been different.

With all of that said, it's a genuinely great movie (especially the Ultimate Cut), that's well worth watching if you're willing to approach it with an open mind. People hate it not for what it is, but for what it isn't.

It wrote a lot of cheques that aren't getting cashed now, I find it a depressing watch nowadays

OP here. I want to do a sort of final verdict post, or something, but it's hard collecting my thoughts. I'll try though.

The film has problems, as has been addressed here.

Doomsday should have been cut, or at the very least, replaced with some other character or plot device. I've heard that there were plans to include Metallo, and I think that would have been a much better choice. Was Wheelchair Wally supposed to be him? If so, even better.

I think Batman was savagely violent in this movie. Batman is explosively violent but also very poised and precise. At least, that's always been the impression I get from Batman. Although I get that he's supposed to be giving Dark Knight Returns, cracking a guy's head open by throwing a crate at him is a little excessive. Granted, they kidnapped Superman's mom, but still.

I think removing the dream sequence in its entirety would go a long way toward improving critical reception of this movie. Not just because it's an awkward sequel bait, but also because Batman is using a gun. I get it, desperate times call for desperate measures, but if they were going to do that, I think it would have been cool to have a second Bruce, looking at the Dystopian Batman and being freaked out, wondering openly as to what he'd become and rejecting what he was seeing, ultimately to no avail.

Aside from all of that, I really can't think of other things I dislike about this movie. Like I keep saying, there's something about it that I find really compelling and captivating. I love the cast. Even the dude from the Social Network that everybody says plays himself wasn't so bad as Lex Luthor. The bald dude from Burn After Reading might have been a better choice for an older Luthor, but I think this guy nails the young conceitedness better.

If this is truly the end for the Man of Steel cast, that sucks.

Also Superman's mom is really, really fucking hot.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAA
WHAT A FUCKING FAGGOT
I THOUGHT ONLY MKEKS DO THIS
I SHOULD HAVE KNOWN BETTER
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA
I HOPE YOU DIE NIGGER TRANNY
OH MY GOD
MY SIDES
HAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAAAA

The movie was trying to show an unhinged, paranoid Batman. Up until the last third they pretty much play him as an antagonist (I understand that that's clearer in the Ultimate Cut, I've never actually seen the regular cut) and the dream sequence actually plays into that. The Flash cameo afterwards is obviously implying that it's a possible future but it's better to just consider it a visualization of Batman's fears. It's what he thinks the world will become if he doesn't kill Superman.

Because a lot of people are very, very dumb.

>why do people dislike this film?
Who knows? The only thing we can be sure of is that the criticism definitely came from people with no agenda who like good films

Attached: bvs spambot h8er.jpg (973x945, 102K)

You can pretty much skip Squad. For JL, I say watch it for the sake of contrast and show you can share in our pain.

Suicide Squad is banter and worth a watch.
Don't watch Justice League unless you want to feel depressed (and not in a good way)

Yea Forums on The Last Jedi
>"Imao look at all the plotholes. They're so bad the Disney dickriders are actively writing their own headcanon to explain them away."
>"Luke's character was a fucking disgrace"
>"A yo mama joke? Really?"
>"Wow way to waste Luke's death"
>"lol look at the soibois inventing conspiracies to explain the backlash"

Yea Forums on Batman v Superman
>"T-There are no plotholes! It all makes sense because *one of dozens of conflicting fanfiction theories DCucks pretend is official*"
>"L-Lex was fine. His character was good and in no way a massive reddit meme character."
>"The jar of piss/Martha yell/Lex yelling DING DING DING DING DING weren't completely and indefensibly retarded. Y-You're just too stupid to understand!"
>"So what if it's only the second movie in and that was their one chance to kill of Superman for the first time on the big screen. It wasn't a waste!"
>"IT'S A DISNEY CONSPIRACY REEEEE!"

Attached: 1568649641851.png (449x642, 450K)

>Oh, is that what the Snyder cut meme is?
It's not a meme

Attached: whedon change 2.jpg (2768x1502, 997K)

Batman v Superman was being smeared for exactly the same reason Last Jedi was being smeared. For having some obvious anti capitalist themes. BvS is stills better movie than Last Jedi but I actually like both quite a bit.

It fucking sucked user. Let it go. Your villain was a reddit memer who yells DING DING DING DING DING

can I get a list of the plotholes?

Well said, man. I look on it having suffered from a similar cultural climate that got Carpenter's The Thing lambasted by critics. At the time The Thing was released, we were coming off several light, incredibly optimistic sci-fi movies such as Close Encounters, ET, and the Star Wars trilogy. Alien suffered for similar reasons.

The Last Jedi is full of plotholes. It also ruined a continuity and character assassinated a beloved character that fans had been waiting decades to see again
To this day, reading hundreds of criticisms of BvS, I have only ever seen one legitimate plothole (only mentioned on one occasion). And the plothole is so minor that it's not a worthwhile criticism imo (it's basically just "this only happens for the sake of exposition and doesn't make sense otherwise"). On top of that, it's a very well-written film.

Attached: oh yeah the critics totally understood the film and arent idiotic manchildren.jpg (1016x3921, 1.12M)

It was an exceptionally good film. Reductionism isn't a valid form of critique.

The courthouse scene with the jar of piss is unironically the best-directed scene in any superhero film ever made.

I liked it all the way up to the titular fight, which was mostly shite, but actually killing superman was great. I might watch it again, but that "climax"...Jesus.

Yea Forums is rightfully shitting on TLJ. only reylo faggots like it.
no idea why those snyderfags bother to still shill their retarded cringy capeshit though.

The Thing's not older than Star Wars?

1. Lex's motive, it's either insecurity comparing his father to god or Syndrome's plan from The Incredibles. It's also not in the movie, the above was headcanon invented by Snydercucks
2. Lex's plan. His plan is to get Batman to fight Superman...which is why he's at the ship making Doomsday. Did he read the script or something an find out the BvS part of BvS wasn't going to pan out?
3. How did he learn either Batman man's identity in the first place? At least Superman (barely) set up the idea that the thread Lois followed to connect Clark to Superman could be followed by someone else.
4. How the fuck does Lex know about Darkseid at all?

And that shit's just what I could come up with off the top of my head on my break.

It's contemporary with ANH, I believe.

>It fucking sucked user. Let it go. Your villain was a reddit memer who yells DING DING DING DING DING
No, that was the Golden Age Luthor that wanted all the worlds to go in war for his over religion fetish

>1. Lex's motive, it's either insecurity comparing his father to god or Syndrome's plan from The Incredibles. It's also not in the movie, the above was headcanon invented by Snydercucks
Personally, I think Lex just wanted to be worshiped like Superman was being worshiped. But hey, I did just watch it today.

>2. Lex's plan. His plan is to get Batman to fight Superman...which is why he's at the ship making Doomsday. Did he read the script or something an find out the BvS part of BvS wasn't going to pan out?
Well, he is Lex Luthor. One of his defining features is being smart isn't it? I don't think it's unreasonable for someone like Luthor to assume Batman would either back down or die.

>3. How did he learn either Batman man's identity in the first place? At least Superman (barely) set up the idea that the thread Lois followed to connect Clark to Superman could be followed by someone else.
I don't know. It's implied in the film Batman has been at it for some time. If Edward Nygma can find out, it's not unreasonable for the film's main antagonist to find out through investigating off screen. Does it matter that much?

>4. How the fuck does Lex know about Darkseid at all.
Can't refute this one.

fpbp

Lex's motive is to become a savior in the eyes of humanity, and even Doomsday and Wonder Woman play into that.

Doomsday was the real fight. He absolutely put the safe money on Superman winning Fight Night and delivering Bruce's head. Whether Superman wins or Doomsday, he's got an "alien menace" to help save us from.

Bruce lives right across the harbor from Lex. It wouldn't take a genius to figure out who the Batman is, but Lex also happens to be one.

Lex knows about Darkseid because the Kryptonian AI knew.
>"The Kryptonian archive contains data on a hundred thousand worlds. Where would you like to begin?"

>4. How the fuck does Lex know about Darkseid at all?

He saw Steppenwolf's projection inside the kryptonian ship. It is implied that he discovers everything about the New Gods

Ultimo edition is pure kino start to finish. Absolutely only capeshit worth watching.

There have been almost no films that handle the relationship between emulation, envy, jealousy and justice between men and the gods, with such subtlety. To see it in a comic book movie is flabbergasting. Snyder PBUH finally made something that lived up to his hype.

A lot of good posts in this thread.

70% of the movie was changed to make it less-Snyder. Almost every mention of other New Gods or Apokolips was deleted ror god know what reason. Scenes were changed, they shortened its run time and added jokes (mostly for Superman, since nerds thought he "didn't smile enough" or "was too depressed" in the first two films).

A disgrace desu it's a shame we'll never see the story that Snyder set up in Man of Steel and BvS

I am forever angry.

Attached: angery.jpg (1280x720, 112K)

My only hope is to see that alleged "5 film saga" eventually released as a comic mini-series or something like that. WB will obviously not release the Snyder cut in the foreseeable future, so why not adapt it in some way?

His "Snyder Cut" was already compromised when the studio shat itself after the "too dark/edgy" complaints about BvS, so they toned JL down. And they still fired him and replaced him with Cuck Whedon. Amazing.

I too am a DC fan, been reading the comics since I was a kid and I've read most of the big Superman and Batman arcs and self contained stories, and I thought BvS was fantastic. A great blend of old stories and new ideas that manages to actually comment on things like The Dark Knight Returns and Death and Return of Superman in interesting ways.

It was also incredibly prescient in regards to our current political climate.

What gripes do you have with it? I loved it, but I'm curious to hear other people's opinions

Couldn't have said it any better myself.

>1. Lex's motive, it's either insecurity comparing his father to god or Syndrome's plan from The Incredibles. It's also not in the movie, the above was headcanon invented by Snydercucks

His motivation is almost flat out told to you. He doesn't believe someone can be as powerful and as good as Superman is, since he grew up being taught by his abusive father that power is only gained through evil actions. He wants to disprove the "myth" of Superman by either showing he isn't as good or as powerful as nearly half of the people believe he is.

>2. Lex's plan. His plan is to get Batman to fight Superman...which is why he's at the ship making Doomsday. Did he read the script or something an find out the BvS part of BvS wasn't going to pan out?

Doomsday is the backup plan and makes perfect sense. Lets look at the three possible outcomes from Lex's point of view.

1. Superman kills Batman, and is then killed by Doomsday who is then killed by Lex and his kryptonite weapons he was making for the military, thus showing Superman is neither good (he killed Batman) nor powerful (killed by Doomsday) and making him out to be the hero that saved us from the alien menace.

2. Batman kills Superman, Lex kills Doomsday with his kryptonite weapons, showing that Superman is not all powerful and again Lex comes out the hero.

3. Superman kills Batman AND Doomsday, then Lex kills Superman with his kryptonite weapons, justifying it by showing that Superman killed Batman and would go on to kill other humans if he wasn't stopped + he can blame Doomsday even existing in the first place on Superman.

Lex's plan was pretty genius overall given the information he had and his motivation and goal.

Not that user.

Something I think people take issue with is the film's presentation of the idea that Superman is a god. I think people think Snyder can't fathom him as anything else. This is not necessarily an original line of thought, as evidenced by stories like What's So Funny About Truth Justice and the American Way? and Kill Bill.

There's this idea that a lot of people get their understanding of Superman from Bill's monologue about how Clark Kent is merely Superman's disguise, and frustration abounds because, of course, some people don't realize that Bill is only saying that to illustrate how fucked up his mindset is to the audience. It isn't really true. I can understand someone who understands this being irritated with the perception of Superman as a messianic figure who looks down on others.

But in Batman v Superman, someone outright says, "What if he isn't a god or a Jesus figure? What if he's just a guy trying to do the right thing?" So I don't see what the problem is. Clark doesn't come off as even remotely condescending except for when he tells Batman, "Consider this mercy," and even then, I feel like he's being facetious/sardonic and not really trying to come off as a god. It's obvious that Clark is bummed about what a PR disaster Africa is, and that the media is really having an effect on him.

Which is a really human response.

>3. How did he learn either Batman man's identity in the first place? At least Superman (barely) set up the idea that the thread Lois followed to connect Clark to Superman could be followed by someone else.

Batman was explicitly being more reckless after coming out of retirement after MoS. If any character in the DC universe should be able to figure out who Batman is when he is being reckless, its super genius Luthor.

>4. How the fuck does Lex know about Darkseid at all?

The AI on the ship shows him when he sees the hologram of Steppenwolf. It is explicitly implied that he has the AI tell him everything he needs to know.

Good points, my dude.

>that turboredditspacing
you shills are getting more and more retarded

Also the scripted npc accounts algorithm were starting to go full swing.
If you ever looked at these accounts that are in the comment sections making meme-tier posts as arguments, then circle jerk each other. They are npc's.
Keep in mind this was during the 2016 election cycle and the DNC had used these same tactics on nearly all forms of social media.
Would I say it's above Disney to not use the same tactics? No absolutely not, that company is shady as shit.
They are being investigated by the SEC right now for their price fixing at the parks, to cook the books for shareholders to trick them that they are doing well. How long until they decide to just investigate the studios as well?
Shit apple don't fall far from the shit tree.
My guess is when this new star wars releases and it's either a polarizing film or a critical flop is when they really ramp up the investigation.

Very true. People criticise Snyder for presenting Superman as a God, but he is very much presented as an ordinary guy.

>Lex kills Doomsday
what a fucking faggot you are. holy shit.

Ahh the purple socialist that only redditors quote
Yikes just yikes user

Personally, I believe that Lex was dealing with elements inside the government that were more interested in putting him on a leash than killing him. If your option 3 came about, Superman would be left with two options: submit to human authority and turn himself in, or remain a fugitive. It being Superman, he'd be more likely to turn himself in and try to clear his name. That would make him a criminal, and thus ripe fruit for Task Force X.

>no arguments just ad hominem

lmao

>my headcanon is that Lex would kill Doomsday somehow
le argument!

>frame superman in killing african terrorists
>by shooting them with bullets
>they're "untraceable" bullets
>the "untraceable" bullets are only produced by LexCorp
a true evil genius

He was literally making kryptonite weapons for the U.S. government using Zod's body (the basis for his Doomsday).

So yes, he would kill him, with his aresenal of kryptonite weapons he was explicitly making earlier in the movie.

to be fair, the only one who had that information was the head of the Department of Defense and Lois was only able to find that out because she personally knew him.

I do agree that is one of the weakest parts of the movie though.

who said the bullets were untraceable? lol

>arsenal of kryptonite weapons
>not a single one appears on screen
you need to click more enters in your post, redditor. it makes your arguments better and doesn't make you look like a shill retard at all!

Absolutely agree. They nail Superman's fears in this. He feels like he's unworthy of the praise he gets and fears people coming to look on him as a god. He's got a healthy dose of imposter syndrome. The world sees Superman, but to himself, that's just a name that got hung on him, just a role Clark Kent plays.

>Superman was never real.

In contrast, Bruce Wayne is a mask the Batman wears. Bruce Wayne died in Crime Alley with his parents.

it's the longest subplot of the scenes added in ultimate cut, you retard

Are you retarded?

There are multiple scenes where various government officials explicitly talk about the weapons Lex was making for them in case Superman ever turned evil.

stop samefagging. the unique users counter in this thread stopped 15 minutes ago.

what does the length have to do with the fact that only Lois had a contact that good give her the info?

>someone talks about a thing
>it means that the thing already exists and a character can use it
>it's not headcanon at all, guys!
based retard

they say the bullets are made from a specific rare meal that Lexcorp produces, not that they are "untraceable" you fucking dingus

Give it a rest, moron. This is what conversations look like, not that you'd know.

why would the length be crucial and not the fact that ultimate cut states they're untraceable, you moron?

see

>characters talking about something
>must be fake! it doesn't exist!
you absolute idiot

they literally say they cannot trace them, you fucking idiot. until that chick who played rocket in sucker punch contacts lois.

>I-i'm not samefagging in my own thread, I swear!
>it's just a coincidence that """""everyone""""" suddenly loves the movie tv's been shitting on since day 1

>subtle

Eisenberg's acting was the opposite of subtle

>my headcanon is more important than the actual script
hahahahahah. retard.

>something only exists if I can see it

are you a dog?

OP here again. I'm going to grab the Ultimate Edition.

Thank you for the thread guys, it really elevated the experience for me.

and they cant trace the bullets themselves, but they can trace the metal used to make them.

Its the difference between tracing a car and the rubber used to make the tires.

Are you a retard?

are you a redditspacing faggot?
no need to answer. I can see you are.

no they don't

>only one company makes the type of bullets
>b-but they're untraceable!
sure thing, pajeet.

and remember
more
enters

in
every

Any time, fren.

that was earlier in the film, you fucking retard

I would quite gleefully kick the dogshit out of your smarmy ass, you utter fucking moron.

holy fucking shit. pajeet's after me!

Attached: batman lold.jpg (1280x720, 98K)

show it to me

again, they don't make the bullets, the make the metal that is used for the bullets.

If a comapny makes steel, and someone makes bullets with that steel, that doesnt mean the company that makes that steel made those bullets.

Lexcorp could have just made the metal and another company that does make bulelts bought that metal.

Why are you so dumb, pajeet?

>Pajeet

I'm from Maryland, asshole. What shithole are you from?

lmao nice try, pajeet. Stay mad.

ok, I'll download the movie, watch it, cut out the scene and upload it on youtube. unfortunately I'm currently using slow wi-fi bandwidth. will you be here tomorrow at about 18:00? I'll make the thread.

How cucked is Batman if he's vandalizing these pictures? He's so fucking petty in this movie, holy shit.

Attached: giphy.gif (480x270, 1.51M)

>masked menace
>he doesn't wear a mask
???

MOAR

ENTERS

PAJEET

NEVER

FORGET

>a bullet won't be traced to the only company making material for it
>lmao
anyway, LexCorp does make bullet, pajeet. stay mad and keep redditspacing.

>I'm mad

I'm not the paranoid sperging out over other people liking something I don't. People like you don't anger me. You disgust me, because someone should have beat some courtesy into your ass long ago, but I'm freelance and have some time on my hands.

Well, the last time I've been in your mother's shithole. Does it count, Pajeet?

>Pajeet threatening people with violence because they don't like shitty movies
How typical.

Skip both. They're awful. Watch Shazam which is passable.

>someone should beat you up because you don't respect capeshit!!!!!11111111!!!!!!!11

Learn to type coherent sentences before calling anyone else a Pajeet, ESL, at least I hope that's your excuse, elsewise you're just a semi-literate retard, which admittedly would shock no one.

This thread is yet another proof that only retards and Pajeets love BvS.

you realize doomsdays not dead right?

every time hes defeated he revives and the method used to defeat him no longer works.

he'll be back and kryptonite/piercing attacks will no longer work.

It was literally too smart for the audience even tho it kept explaining itself like it was talking to retards.

100%
The easiest way to tell if someone didn't *get* Snyder's take is if they criticise him for portraying Superman as Jesus/God when the entire point is that he's not

>my reading comprehension is shit because I'm a retarded Pajeet
>it's your fault!

No, someone should kivk your ass for being an annoying asshole. I couldn't possibly give less of a fuck about your opinion on anything, let alone this movie.

It could be better explained. But considering that this plotline only leads down the path of Lois' investigation (which is really for the sake of the audience) and doesn't actually impact the story in any manner, it's easily forgiveable

>look ma I made it brighter!

So can someone explain the jist of why people think Superman was responsible for the deaths in Africa? Was it a misunderstanding? Did the Africans think he used guns?

Yes. Yes, Pajeet. Someone should beat me up, because you're a crybaby. I understand.

That wasn't a complete sentence, moron. Barring that, it was a weak as hell come-back that even a 14yo should find embarrassing.

It's weird. Watching the theatrical cut, I didn't get the hate and loved the film. But I felt some parts seemed weirdly paced or badly explained.
Watching the ultimate edition made me struggle to believe I ever even liked the theatrical cut. That's honestly the difference.

>a bullet subplot taking good 20 minutes in ultimate cut is fucking useless
>that's fine

Who's crying? You're the weeping dickhead in this discussion.

>your greentext wasn't a complete sentence (even though it was)
>I am not retarded! really!

reported for off topic and rule breaking

It was necessary exposition. It's useless in the grand scheme of the plot, but without it there's no way to let the audience know Lex's involvement without a comically bad-written scene of over-the-top exposition a la Nolan

>WWWAAAAAAAAhhHHHHHH
>SOMEONE SHOUL BEAT YOU UP BECAUSE YOU POST SOMETHING ON CHINESE CARTOONS PICTURE BOARD
>ITS YOU WHO'S CRYING NOT ME
>WWWWWWAAAAAAAHHHHHH

>Completely unironic here, why do people dislike this film?

because it's bad

Subject>predicate>object, ESL. Now go figure out which one your "sentence" is missing.

audience knew about lex's involvement from the very start

You should calm down. Your typing is really starting to suffer.

>pajeet still seething
lmao. why are you so retarded and angry? is your usual designated shitting street already full?

It still hurts to think about JL

Attached: snyder cannot abide by our rules.jpg (3840x8000, 2.47M)

Oh no! Not the router resetting! Please, jannie, have a mercy on me!

At the end of this convo, I still be a white guy feom Maryland and you'll still be a seething, illiterate retard. Now watch me prove it.

It wasn't very clear. We knew one of the mercenaries in Africa worked for Lex. That's all we knew. We didn't know why Lex would care about Africa or what role this mercenary played or if Lex even knew that the mercenary was there.
Lois' subplot answered all of these questions and provided additional details and context to the entire story

It's OK, Pajeet. It's OK. You can still like shitty movies. No one will take them away from you.

not
muh
superman

Attached: brainlet_1.png (723x563, 121K)

It's a great film. Has more style than basically all Marvel films (bar Ragnarok) and more substance than most (bar Winter Soldier, Civil War, Iron Man 1, and Guardians 1). Not to say that Marvel films are "bad", they're just, generally, nothing more than "OK/good".

Also this

It seriously does.

>watch me prove it
>not posting a picture with white skin
Yep. I knew it.

>It's a great film. Has more style than basically all Marvel films (bar Ragnarok)
Ragnarok is really good, yeah.

>It's a great film.
Nope. Kurosawa made great films. Or Fellini. Or Bergman. BvS is just retarded capeshit, just like the Marvel flicks.

Huhuhu

BvS is a masterpiece. You're too close minded to realise that. Snyder is the only blockbuster hollywood director inventing his own cinematic language and pushing the artform in this way

Here you go, dipshit.

Attached: 20190919_181356.jpg (3535x1772, 3.46M)

>t. Pajeet

>unreadable blurry shit
the pajeet mentality is strong with you

They burn the bodies down so they think Superman used his laser vision on them

post uncircumcised benis, kike

Man of Steel is fucking kino.

Why does Yea Forums always have to take the unpopular opinion just to be contrarian, even though it is quite clearly and justifiably wrong?

did lex think the bullets would evaporate?

DC bad, Marvel good user. This is how normies see it.

I think you're a little paranoid, but I mean, why does subscribing to the popular opinion signal virtue to you? It's just as bad as being contrarian. People should develop their own opinions based on their experiences and feelings.

It says
"9/19/19
EAT
SHIT"

Now let's see yours, ESL.

>Marvel is shit
>DC is shit
This is how true patricians see it.

Based.

Nah it doesn’t signal virtue and people should be allowed to enjoy whatever they want despite it not being the popular opinion. I just find it kinda repetitive that the status quo here is praising films which are hated by the general public, same with season finale of game of thrones

I can see what you mean, but BvS isn't that bad.

It definitely has its moments that shows it was capable of so much more, but things like the pacing, plot conveniences and blatant attempts to push their cinematic universe at the expense of the film’s quality are criticisms I don’t think should be ignored just to have a contrarian opinion. But in the end everyone has the right to watch and enjoy what they want

Here, mental Pajeet. Don't cry.

Attached: 2019-09-19 16.29.35.jpg (1600x1200, 581K)

And precisely as I said, at the end of the conversation, I'm still a white guy from Maryland and you're still an illiterate retard. I'd say your cowardice comes as a surprise, but I don't like to lie.

Jewish tripe.

kek. It's not upside down when I watch it on PC for some reason. Oh well, the Aussies would appreciate it.

>posts upside-down pic

Not surprised. Not one bit.

How does it feel to be proven retard, retard?

>Goebbels, Himmler, Hitler, Bormann
At least I'm not some edgy twink

I'm interested in history, fucktard. I also have Stalin, Lenin, Beria, Mao, Pol Pot, Mussolini and Ceausescu. But don't worry, you still have your capeshit.

How does it feel to be such a retard it takes your nearly ten minutes to fuck up posting a pic? I'd given you up as a lost cause, though I suspect that wouldn't exactly be a first for you.

>you should post a pic when I tell you to!
Nice try, Pajeet. Unfortunately you're not so special.

>and has read none of them

The mental image of you running to them just to capture them in your pic's adorable though.

>How does it feel to be such a retard it takes your nearly ten minutes to fuck up posting a pic?
*upside down pic

I thought that wasn't actually a projection but steppenwolf being released from a motherbox type prison. Lex sees Steppenwolf and learns of Darkseid and Apocalips from the kryptonian database.

Thing is 82, RotJ was 83.

You lost, man. I'm still white and you're still a retard. I didn't expect photographic evidence, though it is much appreciated. Figure out how you fucked up your grammar yet?

>I *meant* to post it upside-down!
>i-it wasn't a f-fuck-up!

The absolute state of you.

I actually id, retardo. Longerich is my favourite author, but I keep waiting for Ullrich to finish second volume of his Hitler biography.
But yeah, keep barking, little bitch. It's not like you can actually bite.

Did you deduce it from here, Pajeet?
Your reading comprehension doesn't get any better, kiddo.

Lmao. Seethe more. You'll get a lot more out of them if you turn them over.

Fuck you asshole it doesn't matter which way I post it

Neither does your grammar, and all your bleating still won't make that a complete sentence.

You're still a mental Pajeet who jerks off to capeshit and fixates on an error I supposedly did, but somehow you're unable to show it.
>seethe more
Nice projection there.

>F-fuck you!
>Y-YOU HURTED MY WIDDLE FEE-FEES

Sucks, don't it, retard?

That's not me, retard. Stop samefagging.

Attached: Clipboard02.jpg (591x219, 18K)

>Nobody cares about Clark Kent versus the Batman
I unironically clapped. Get it? Because we care, because it's the title of the film. I shamelessly love that line.

>Can I move on to Justice League from here
You can, but don't watch it for the purpose of enjoyment. If you do watch it go in with the sole intention of understanding the demise of what could have been a great film franchise.

>trying to pose as someone to make him look bad on a Vietnamese wicker basket forum
what a bitch you are

It's a mental Pajeet capeshitter. What did you expect?

Stop pretending to be me, faggot.

Here's your error:

>Well, the last time I've been in your mother's shithole.

That's an introductory clause with no subject, no verb, and no object. It doesn't even work as a conversational adjunct. It's so poorly-phrased a reply to the question I posed, it's like listening to a pre-schooler trying to "dirty talk" like the grownups.

You're doing it wrong, Pajeet. You've been found out.

>fixating all night on someone's pun related to double meaning of "shithole"
Holy fucking shit! You really are that retarded Pajeet.

Oh, indeed.

Attached: 20190919_190232.png (1440x661, 111K)

>doesn't know what a pun is

THE HITS JUST KEEP ON COMING.

nice shop

Attached: 1568934214680.png (1440x661, 109K)

Gonna watch it today.

>Pajeet still doesn't get the joke
Why am I not surprised? And why am I not surprised that someone with your low IQ loves capeshit so much?

is there a prequel to this movie?
Or can I jump str8 into BvS?

Your first (You)is too close to the post number, but you already know that, you trolling faggot.

Oh noes!

Oh, I got it, weak as it was. That still doesn't make it a pun.

Watch Man of Steel first, if you haven't before. Hell, watch it again even if you have. There's a lot of interconnectedness at play.

>I got it the first time, really!
>But somehow I've been shitting up my own thread for hours claiming it's an incoherent sentence!
What a retarded faggot you are.

Such a cool Batwing design
Should’ve watched the Ultimate Cut, user. It elevates the Kino to an even higher level

>What shithole are you from?

A master of the King's English, truly. It's like unto trading repartee and verbal ripostes with the Bard himself!

>Decided to watch this for the first time
Totally legit.

Attached: 1564109860820.png (824x670, 764K)

>your effortless shitpost on a chinese cartoon forum in a capeshit thread is not Shakespeare!

Attached: laughter-new.jpg (300x300, 28K)

But this is not true at all. Everyone was very excited for this movie up until Lex Luthor and Doomsday showed up in the trailers. The general public wasn’t thinking of superhero movies the way you describe at the time, people were just hyped ever since it was announced because it’s two of the biggest superheroes fighting each other. However, when Doomsday was shown in the trailers, people started to get worried. Seeing that got people worried, but what ultimately resulted in the film’s failure is that it’s simply a mess. The premise was supposed to be very simple and easy to at least get something entertaining out of, and with the characters it had, an easy billion dollars. But the movie was filled to the brim with everything other than Batman facing off Superman and failed to give Superman a clear motive, and then it turned out that Batman facing Superman wasn’t even the main attraction, according to how much time the Doomsday segment takes at least. Combine that with the awful Lois Lane investigation sublot, the useless Flash time travel scene and the awful email exposition and you have a failure of a Batman v. Superman film. My friends and I were all excited for the film and online I mostly saw excitement as well, I even discarded the (at the time) 33% RT score. The film was not only a disappointment in the areas it should’ve gotten right, but mediocre in its entirety. I should’ve loved this movie, but I was sad leaving the theater.

The plan was to make the villagers believe Superman did it, that's why the African woman speaks in front of the courtroom. Of course he knew the military would eventually discover the bullets but by then the public opinion on Superman would already be negative.

The first scene of BvS is the last from MoS but from a new perspective. It's pretty sick. Watch both back to back and you'll be in for an experience.

Man of Steel. BvS is a MoS sequel.

the only role the African villagers played was literally one scene in TV news where a nigress was talking about the killed terrorists. killing terrorists wouldn't make the public reaction negative. on the contrary.

Watch the Extended Cut. She says how "Superman" burned down the entire village. Women and children too. There is a huge subplot centered on her character that gets completely cut from the theatrical version.

She's the reason the senator launches a public campaign against Superman, and you can see how the public's opinion on him gets worse and worse as the movie progresses. All part of Luthor's plan.

Luthor is the worst thing about this movie.

Nothing in the Ultimate Cut reflects the supposed contempt people would have for Superman though. Except for the senator, but she gets blown away and no one even blames Superman for it.
Anyway, Lois fucking Laine was there and could report Superman didn't do it. That subplot was botched from the beginning.

>no one even blames Superman for it
you sure? check 0:46

>"they haven't ruled out the idea that Superman was a co-conspirator"

>Lois fucking Laine was there and could report Superman didn't do it.
How? She was outside amongst the crowd and only saw Superman go inside the building. What is she supposed to do? Write an article about how "Superman couldn't do it because I love him?" she's got some integrity.

He's actually the best thing. The ultimate edition makes him truly a unique Lex. Rosenbaum is still my favorite Lex though, so take that what you will.

>they haven't ruled out
>it means he did it
That's not how it works.

That's not what I said though. They haven't ruled out means there's some people blaming him.

it fits well with the story they were telling with Luthor's philosophy and obsession with superman.

tbf doomsday is and always was just a rage fulled monster

Guys hate to break it to you but that wasn't the real Doomsday. The kryptonian database says that a creature like the one Lex created has already been created. The real doomsday is probably in the phantom zone or some other prison.

or alternatively is deep underground digging his way up just like the comic

That's because they don't actually feel contempt for him. Yes, he's a polarizing figure, but the overwhelming majority of the "controversy" and public "outrage" is manufactured(sound familiar?). The UE even has a specific scene that cuts around showing average people, some of whom are the oil rig crew he saved in MoS, and they're all confused about where the hate is coming from. Even at the Capitol, you can see that the crowd is a mixture of fans and haters.

Another factor is this - every principal character(as well as mankind at large) is seeing things through their own filters. The cop at the beginning doesn't see the Batman grapple-pulling himself; he sees him dart and zip around with what looks like supernatural speed, not because that's what's happening, but because that's what he was prepared to see. When it comes to Superman, he's focused on the extremes - the people who hate him and the people who worship him. The crowd at the funeral in Metropolis aren't all there because his sacrifice made them have some(pardon the PUN) come-to-Jesus moment. Most of them are all the people who always saw him for what he was - just a guy trying to do the right thing.

Attached: image275-e1432993262319.jpg (500x333, 29K)

I think maybe he's what happened to prehistoric Supergirl.

?????

Another tease from MoS. See . That's an empty hibernation pod behind Clark. He glances at it right before Jor-El distracts him. There was a living Kryptonian on Earth 20KYA. There's even a tie-in comic that shows that survivor to have been an ancestor of Clark's - Kara Zor-El.

I sincerely hope they still go this route. I also happen to believe she's responsible for the Atlanteans, that they're Kryptonian/Human hybrids.

Wait what the fuck? Atlanteans are kryp/human hybrids?

BvS? It's fucking sick are you kidding me? I thought the movie would have been 10/10 if they didn't shove Doomsday and Death of Superman in at the end. Would have been fine if they just made the Batman Superman battle a little more elaborate. that part was rushed to get Justice League off the ground, which Joss Whedon fucking butchered, those disgusting focus group faggots

>Everyone was very excited for this movie up until Lex Luthor and Doomsday showed up in the trailers
You either have a very short memory or are intentionally trying to revise history. Either way you're full of shit. People started shitting on this movie all the way back in 2013 when Ben Affleck was cast. People continued to shit on it and complain that WB was just trying to copy Marvel. Every time something new was revealed about the movie, there was a new wave of backlash online all the way up until the release of the film.

Before you talk out of your ass again, here's objective proof:
>Ben Affleck cast
hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/ben-affleck-as-batman-negative-613619

>Jesse Eisenberg cast
bustle.com/articles/72047-jesse-eisenbergs-lex-luthor-photo-is-prompting-some-really-hilarious-twitter-reactions

>First teaser released, featuring neither Lex Luthor or Doomsday:
telegraph.co.uk/film/batman-v-superman-dawn-of-justice/rumours-spoilers-news/
hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/not-trailer-leak-why-fans-789649
telegraph.co.uk/culture/film/film-news/11544209/Batman-v-Supermans-leaked-trailer-mocked-for-being-too-dark.html

Notice how the majority of the complaints are about its tone, and also notice the people complaining that it's not light hearted like TFA and the MCU. I could provide sources for the trailers that would release later too, but you already admitted that they received similar backlash, so there's no point.

Not confirmed, obviously. But I hope that's how it still shakes out. Hell, even Atlantean tech and architecture is reminiscent of Kryptonian stuff.

Since fucking when does Warner Bros shill their shit? That's the MO of Disney and other such companies.
>Man of Steel has a fucking 5% on RT
>Thor fucking 3 is like 89%
Disney is cancer.

Because it's complete garbage made by someone that doesn't understand any of the characters.

>But this is not true at all. Everyone was very excited for this movie
Nice wall of text. That's where I stopped reading.

The first half is pointless, the plot is retarded, lex is even more dumb than usual.

There are two things this post makes clear: you weren't paying attention when you watched the film, and you have no idea what a plothole is.

I hope not.
The real Doomsday is still out there.
I just hope when he makes an appearance he comes in the containment bondage suit.

i think and this is just so i can have OG doomsday, her ship was transporting it and crashed, maybe he caused the crash, anyway as a last act with the ships she imprisioned it deep underground and its been trying to get out for mellenia now

Either that, or after she crash-lands, Bertron shows up and experiments with the Genesis Chamber without her knowledge. The teaser in MoS is Kryptonian text flashing across the screen during Zod's broadcast. It translates to "Beware Bertron's folly."

>the plot is retarded
How? This is something a dumb person says when they don't know what a plot is.
>Batman on a tear after the Kryptonian attacks and he wants to neutralize Superman
>Clark Kent investigating why Batman is behaving this way
seems pretty clean cut, all the complaints about this movie the plot shouldn't be one of them

Attached: qLMOdH6.jpg (2436x3036, 731K)

Synder is Christ.

It's not marvel. No, really, that's the only reason. People got used to the generic marvel formula and that' what they expected, so when they got something different from a capeshit movie they sperged out. Had the movie been released now, when people are starting to get tired of capeshit and demanding a different kind of capeshit (like joker, the boys, umbrella academy, etc) it would have been loved by critics.

So many cool moments in both movies.

Attached: death.jpg (1280x798, 250K)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fregoli_delusion
Seek immediate treatment, user. Your obvious derangement is co-morbid with a host of more dangerous mental illnesses

youtube.com/watch?v=KByfpBXgKug

>Completely unironic here, why do people dislike this film?
It's pseudo-intellectual, grimdark nonsense with a rushed premise. The only fun scene was Batman rescuing Martha WHY DID YOU SAY THAT NAME?!.

Thanks

>B-Buzzwords count as criticism, r-right guys?
Embarrassing

It's what it was.

BvS Ultimate is so good. That said, I like Man of Steel more. Both absolutely based. JL kind of sucked but it was definitely better than fucking Endgame that was feces Infinity War is way better than Endgame or JL though

>with a rushed premise
Doomsday was rushed but he certainly wasn't the premise.

>pseudo-intellectual
How the fuck was it pseudo-intellectual or have a rushed premise? And sorry, being gridmark isn't an argument for it being bad.

The entire point of the special bullets was they wouldn’t leave a forensic trail. The African village was scrubbed and staged after the killings. The only bullet recovered was the one that was lodged in Lane’s notebook, which was only traceable by the head of the Department of Defense. It was a complete fluke that Lois ended up on Lex’s trail, but he deftly spun that to his advantage as well because his strategy was fluid and constantly changing as he improvised to adapt to each new outcome
This is all super clear in the full cut

Bullshit, when’s the last time you saw someone here praising Fant4stic or Thor 2 or Dark Phoenix? Never. Yet the consensus on the board is that BvS is a great film

Plus 'they' unleashed the bots.

Attached: DisneySmear.jpg (1352x903, 385K)

>Yet the consensus on the board is that BvS is a great film
Fuck no. If Yea Forums liked BvS then the threads would be like Sopranos threads. BvS threads are a third of Snyder worshiping and adding a new meaning to every single thing, a third of actual discussion and a third of shitposting between faggots who hate capeshit, Marvelfags and SIDF

But it *is* still discussed. Constantly. That shows it's going to be regarded a little differently in the future. Honestly, I'd prefer what we got than forgetable.

I prefer a good movie over trash like BvS.

Watch Suicide Squad. It doesn't take itself seriously and can be a fun watch. Never watch JL. It's an abomination of a film. I'll only add the caveat to watch it if you want to know how terrible the film is compared to Man of Steel and BvS; also to understand the kinds of people that can watch such an artistically schizophrenic mess and not see how truly awful it is.

Good for you user. Personally BvS is one of the few movies I've got on BR.

Imo it was actually pretty good most of the way through and I liked what Snyder was doing with the whole Excalibur motif, but as soon as Doomsday showed up the whole thing took a massive nosedive.

Justice League is a legitimate 1/10 though.