The streaming wars have begun!

Attached: 129230903902.png (718x703, 45K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/qejGHLAbo_c
youtube.com/watch?v=6-1Ue0FFrHY
gnu.org/proprietary/malware-microsoft.en.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

ill stick with btn

the fuck is quibi

Hopefully Apple will buy distribution rights to more of these. Then the Apple TV will be like a even better cable box.

what side is the whites

Yahoo Screen

i'll be watching all of them for free on random streaming sites hosted in eastern europe and india

Based

This isn't even half of them though

Still gonna torrent lawl

What's Peacock?

I just watch youtube for free

Attached: 1.jpg (125x86, 1K)

Disney plus is the worst out of all them. All their material is capeshit and soishit. At least the other services have variety

This is now a Nerd Crew thread

youtu.be/qejGHLAbo_c

Good you asked!

>
What does Quibi mean?

"Quibi" stands for "quick bites" -- that is, very, very short-form content that is easily consumable in one sitting -- made to "fit perfectly into any moment of your day," as the website tells us. It's the future the digital age promised! Whole shows designed just for us millennials and our notoriously short attention spans. It used to be called "New TV," so at least it's a step up.

How can I use it?

It's designed to be mobile-only -- that is, on your phones and tablets and that's it -- for the foreseeable future. At first Katzenberg and Whitman said they'd try a "mobile-first" approach, with a TV component later on, but it looks like they're sticking to an app format. To do this, they've been hiring people from Instagram and Snapchat -- two apps that have pioneered short-form story content across their platforms through IGTV and Snap Originals. Quibi's chief product officer is Tom Conrad, formerly Snap's VP of product. (One of its series in production is a Social Network-style show about the creation of Snapchat.)

Is piracy dead in the US?
I literally download everything I want to watch.
I don't even know which stream has it. Who cares.

uTorrent

Attached: D_BIesjVUAA4ZCL.jpg (1200x1500, 277K)

maybe criterion after i've burned through by backlog

> Will there be ads?

Yes, and this is one of the reasons everyone's so hyped about the app. In the past few months, Quibi has gone from relative "What's this again?" obscurity to the New Thing that everyone wants a piece of -- including (and this is the crucial part) lots of advertisers. Katzenberg and Whitman took the project to Cannes Lions, a "festival" of "creativity," and met with a number of ad agencies about investing in the app. They've already announced six "strategic launch partners," and are "quite far along" in talks with eight more. The app will share information like the age and gender ranges of their subscribers, as well as where they live, with advertisers, but claims to keep everyone's personal information, like names and device IDs, private.

>what platform will you be watching
BitTorrent.

He's hot sauce?

You'll have to change operating systems. Microsoft has a universal backdoor in Windows that allows them to track and remove pirated content from any machine. Don't worry, though, if you need Windows for personal use you can just run Linux or BSD on your server and torrent from that. It isn't like anyone would want to run a server on Windows anyway.

it died down while netflix+hulu had massive catalogues from every studio because it was more convenient to just pay a few bucks a month. that's no longer the case though.

>Katzenberg explained that some commercials will be broken up into smaller "chapters" that'll follow the viewer around as they watch Quibi's content. He also mentioned that they're looking at developing commercials as long as five minutes that the user can save to a watchlist for later viewing. Companies have experimented with longer-form ad storytelling before,
Seriously, what is this shit

That seems implausible.
I run windows and have been pirating for ages and I've never had anything removed.

based
and redpilled

Qbitorrent is relly affordable and has the best catalog :^)

Why would some one subscribe to it then?

Sounds like this kind of commercial.
youtube.com/watch?v=6-1Ue0FFrHY

This side

Because Microsoft never had a reason to do it. But once they start offering subscription packages on their XBox platform they will have an interest in utilizing their backdoor. Amazon has already shown how easy it is to do, they've done it with their Swindle e-reader in the past.

All of them cause I'm not poor LMAO. Imagine brining home a girl and having to be like
>h-hold on i gotta find a torrent first
>i-is yify okay?

Long Long Man should've been white

How is this different from having different tv channels? It's not.

Can someone tell me why I should use another client? They all seem slower and overloaded with shit I don't need.

Transmission is the best. I run it on my headless file server. Does uTorrent even offer a CLI?

Netflix since my parents pay for it and Disney plus since they'll likely get that too

just wait for the crackdown. they will kill off old media for good with this and everyone will just be watching youtubers fucking around

Meh. I don't even watch american media anymore anyway.

you'll have to provide some proof for a "backdoor" though. It's not a backdoor if it's literally a part of the software.

dead on arrival

use rtorrent :^)

For me it's transmission-qt

webtorrent is best torrent client desu.

you can watch movies while downloading its plus

so are your parents bunch of kids? why else they would get disney plus all it has are disney cartoons and star wars

I know this sounds strange but if they lean into this kind of like old movie serials but with modern story telling and effects it could be amazing.

gnu.org/proprietary/malware-microsoft.en.html
Under the section labelled "Microsoft Back Doors".
>It's not a backdoor if it's literally a part of the software
What? All backdoors are part of the software. That is why they are called backdoors. A backdoor is not a bug, it is purposefully placed in software.

I stay stay at rarbg thank you very much.

this guy's right. the purpose of paid cable tv was to get rid of ads, then came ads - then came along subsciption based content hosts (netflix, Hulu, primetv) to get rid of ads and have what you want on demand. now we have dozens of different suppliers doing the exact same thing as what normal television once was but now we're paying for that too.

I don't give a shit I don't enjoy anything anymore anyway, just shitposting until I die.

One day I'll get in there.

Attached: 1567942384340.jpg (2888x2076, 3.04M)

no one even knows about Facebook Watch

Pirate all my life, will continue pirating.

Keep paying them so I keep getting content my dudes

go outside and watch the clouds.