The OC

Should i watch this? what can i expect?

Attached: 81rQze+Z4BL._RI_.jpg (1600x1200, 349K)

>inb4 tussle at the crab shack

So many memories cooming to Rachel Bilson.

Attached: 1568415971879.png (822x802, 680K)

so far its a fucking time capsule for early 2000s

Attached: Bez nazwy.png (1591x1133, 1.12M)

(((Cohen)))

you really needed to be 14 in 2005 to get this show

Remember being 21 and my 18 yo gf made me watch this w her. Told her I didn’t like it. Secretly I couldn’t get enough of it. Season 1 is peak though. Gets slightly worse as seasons wear on.

Welcome to The OC, bitch!

watch it, negro

fuck, I found her so hot back in the day

it still holds up though. watched it like four years ago and it's still perfect except for season 4

The OC actually managed to perfectly integrate jewish characters into the story. it's how every character should be done

I remember people here in Germany flocking to see OC because the story and characters were interesting as fuck. even guys watched the shit out of it

>*dumdum* CALIFORNIAAAAAAAA *dumdum dumdum dumdum* HERE WE CAAOOME

Attached: F774F784-DD34-4AA2-846A-2B71D8AA2F69.gif (500x235, 334K)

I can see foreigners liking it because it’s foreign, therefore cool, but the dudes I hung out with would consider it above the pale to watch American adolescent girl targeted shows.

MySpace and the Motorola Razr.

Your dudes sound like closeted fags.

Season 1 had a real Rebel Without a Cause feel to it. Right down to the kino last scene of the season when Sandy drives Ryan away and Marissa standing ominously alone watching him leave. It becomes a regular teen drama show in later seasons but the first season in a vacuum is kino and can stand alone.

The OC is peak Teen TV (along with Friday Night Lights).

>characters have cell phones, but their lives aren’t completely dominated by them as they are today
>fish-out-of-water protagonist
>villains who become actually pretty cool dudes like Luke and Caleb
>comfy late 90s/early 00s indie soundtrack
>no forced diversity

Comfy AF. Also, greatest TV Dad of all time - enjoy.

here we coooooome

You know what I like about rich kids?

teen drama kino

Dat finale with Seth sailing away and Ryan going back to his old life. How has it been 16 years, bros?

Get out of my head, user

>How has it been 16 years, bros?

I find the years start to blend into one another now that I’m hitting my late 20s.

2009-2019 seems like one big blur

Attached: F6081A9E-FD81-4169-B281-6E42D43FE43F.jpg (1920x1080, 406K)

Same here. I genuinely have very little recollection of 2015 onwards. Oh well...

>foreign, therefore cool
That had nothing to do with it. I lived in the US as a kid and it didn't matter to me which country the show came from. It was comfy as fuck

>but the dudes I hung out with would consider it above the pale to watch American adolescent girl targeted shows
cmon, it's totally clear that most guys in the US are acting like closeted homos while watching that shit at the same time

>when Sandy drives Ryan away and Marissa standing ominously alone watching him leave
fucking christ, that scene. the best thing about it was Hallelujah playing. In retrospect, the soundtrack was goat-tier MMH WHATCHA SAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY
>the first season in a vacuum is kino and can stand alone.
it really can

>even guys watched the shit out of it
yeah i remmeber in middle/highschool for a while all the guys sort of pretended it was gay and then gave up and just watched it lol

>it still holds up though. watched it like four years ago and it's still perfect except for season 4
>1>4>3>2
Taylor Townsend was better than Marissa Cooper, and the comedic turn in season 4 revitalized the show.

>the first season in a vacuum is kino and can stand alone

Season 1 was 27 episodes long, which seems really lengthy by today’s standards