Dude there was a guy I haven't mentioned or even hinted at before hiding in the basement the entire time lmao

>dude there was a guy I haven't mentioned or even hinted at before hiding in the basement the entire time lmao
This is good writing?

Attached: hateful-eight.jpg (725x525, 519K)

>Samuel L Jackson is the worst character in yet another Tarantino film
Everytime.

Attached: 1547904075553.png (848x761, 657K)

His character was good, though. Michael Madsen and the Mexican were the ones who basically had no character (character that they could've received in the 25 minutes spent on establishing Tatum and the stupid twist that we already knew happened).

it's okay i guess. if you don't assume all bets are off once the coffee is poisoned you're a brainlet

>famous actor credited in the opening
>nowhere to be seen
>someone is hiding
what a twist

Wtf? The movie never said the building has a basement?!

Hi Quentin

>movie stars kurt russell
yeah, i'm thinking it's kino

>camera moves to beneath the floorboards
>unironically no foot shots
were we wrong about him? was he just bazingaing us the whole time?

>only makes it like a half hour into the movie
Why'd Tarantino kill off his best actor

The main problem with the crime scene IMO, is that they show some characters focusing on details of the crime scene when they arrive, yet none of the characters notice the problem with the door, nor does the movie show us the door up close. Bob's shooting of the door busted it, but anyone with a pair of eyes (and certainly characters noticing jelly beans between the floorboards) would be able to notice gunshot damage to the door from the inside, especially if they were having to hammer it shut each time.

The movie takes care to let us and the actors notice other crime scene details, but not one which was the most obvious, and actually lampshaded.

>say goodbye to your webos
i like when they shoot that fool instantly after lel

I liked this movie to be honest, family.

>based white protagonists call slimy jew nigger a nigger
probably his best movie

Quentin has been doing me favours this past 15 years, making only shit flicks with no rewatch value.

Could anyone explain why no one seemed to give a shit about Sam Jackson killing the old general? I understand that he lured the general into a self-defense murder situation, although I don't believe the folks in the cabin would have just let that slide especially the son of the confederate already in favor of the general and having a beef with Jackson. But setting aside their acceptance of his self-defense murder, why is it that no one seems to notice or give a shit about the dead general after that? As I recall he's not mentioned for the rest of the movie, the confederate son doesn't seem upset about it, nor does he have any worse beef with Jackson and cozies up to him easily enough as the trouble worsens.

Me too though I think there was a bit of a missed opportunity in recreating The Thing as a period piece western. When watching it with my dad even, at a point early on he was like "This is supposed to be The Thing, isn't it?" and I was like oh shit, there's obviously a lot of parallels and inspiration taken from.

>Called Hateful 8
>There's actually 9 people in the cabin
>10 even, if you count the basement

What did Quentin mean by this?

Probably because the poisoning happens right after and they all have bigger problems to worry about
Half the score of the movie is unused stuff Morricone wrote for The Thing

I was so intrigued by the premise. I though it was going to be something like ten little niggers. Instead it asspulls some nonsense halfway through. So underwhelming

>Gee I wonder who in the cabin before Jackson and Bridges got there could be a bad guy
>they were all bad guys!

Kurt Russel was a Yankee, the others bandits and the rebel son had a semi prisoner status, I think he wasn't even armed at that time. Later on they had a common enemy that threatened both their lives.

i laughed hard when the dude popped his head out of the basement and got blasted immediately

I still don't know what was Quentin trying to do with this movie. It's not a western, it's not a mystery, drama, thriller, comedy, nothing, just some guys arguing in a cabin and then shooting each other. It's badly written and most of the characters are nothing more than characters from his previous movies just in different outfits.

besides deathproof this is tarantino's worst movie

all i remember is kurt russell didn't hit the bitch enough

everything about this movie was stupid. why is an ex Confederate general still wearing his uniform? why did it need to be 3 hours? why spend the whole movie with people telling elaborate backstories when they all turn out to be bullshit?

BIG

7 ate 9

CHINESE

I hate 99.9% of filmed plays