Disney is not a money laundering oper-

>Disney is not a money laundering oper-

Attached: 20190919_214626.jpg (1080x569, 124K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Securities_fraud
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

if you think about, those 90s Disney movies are long term investments that's starting to pay off once the nostalgia kicks in.

It was unironically pretty good

>movies come out
>nobody discusses them while they are in theatres
>nobody talks about them ever again once they leave theatres
S O U L L E S S

I work at an elementary
>Inb4 lolis
And even the zoomiest of flossing, tablet parenting raised zoomers actively hate those live action remakes and make fun of how shit they are

Attached: 1568872370320.jpg (391x451, 32K)

Except that Disney Home Video already made bank off all those movies while they were in recent memory.

i don't think you know what money laundering is.

there are people that go to the theaters on weekends without knowing what to watch, browse what's on and see "Oh! I remember that old movie!" Sometimes brand recognition is all you need.

I don't think you do retard

>hear nothing but shit about the movie
>then hear fucking nothing
>then hear how profitable the movie was
how the fuck?

it's a family movie, it's Disney, it's a safe choice for parents going to the movies on a weekend

I don’t think that Disney is the one that reports their box office gross genius.

why does movie by company making money upset you so much?

>Captain Marvel will flop
>Spiderman Far From Home will flop
>Aladdin will flop
>The Lion King will flop
>The Rise of Skywalker will flop

When the hell are you gonna learn?

enough to break a billion I fucking doubt

When you buy your own tickets and use "charity" anything is possible.

>Solo will flop
>Dumbo will flop
>A Wrinkle in Time will flop
At least give us some credit.

You absolutely underestimate the power of word of mouth.
People will just throw around brand names to sound “in” with other people.

Sure, but those weren't big surprises. Especially A Wrinkle in Time.

Aladdin was unironically good

Disney has been buying tickets of its big ticket tentpoles so it doesn't fuck their stock price

and the word of mouth was shit on this, and it looked shit and no one wanted to see it

but miraculously, every big Disney movie makes mega bucks. it's impossible

Families with small kids go to see this sort of thing. My married-with-kids friends have all seen Aladdin. Some of my friends-with-girlfriends have been drug to Aladdin.

It's really not terribly mysterious why this sort of thing makes two and a half times what KotM or Det. Pikachu or Alita makes.
Families trust Disney, have grown up with Disney. They've maintained their reputation for family entertainment, while studios like Warner Bros have tarnished or thrown theirs away with stupid choices.

Attached: Superman is super upset.jpg (784x350, 50K)

I work at a plant where most of the people I take break with have seen this movie, including my best friend and his family.
You are confusing "my fellow Assburgers on Yea Forums with people".

Can someone explain to me how you launder money by producing an expensive flop?

Literally no one said Far From Home would flop.

Also
>pretending Captain Marvel wasn't a money laundering scheme so their stock wouldn't drop during the Fox buyout

You are a literal shill

Go ask Fan Bingbing how she moves money out of China.

no that's not true, some shitposters on my vietnamese basket weaving forum and youtube insiders told me nobody wants these movies, the theaters are all empty, it's a conspiracy!

They can't, nor can they explain how Disney gets all of the theater chains to collude on massive Securities Fraud and avoid all their rivals whistle-blowing on it.

It's just retards being retarded.

>SUPPLY AND DEMAND BAD
>DOWN WITH CAPITALISM! WE CAN'T LET DISNEY GET AWAY WITH MAKING MOVIES PEOPLE GO AND SEE

Attached: fasd.jpg (891x972, 231K)

Disney has a very enviable position; all of it's enemies are powerless morons.

>Make movie to cash in on possible audiences
>No one buys tickets because the movie sucks and was a terrible idea
>See terrible box office numbers
>Buy tickets using company money and cash that's "off-the-books"
>Movie appears to be a success despite literally no one watching it
>Stock price remains the same or increases

We really need to have an IQ limit for posts here. Retards should be required to lurk and soak in information before opening their intelligible mouths.

they buy tickets to their tentpoles en masse so their stock price doesn't plummet (and lose them more money). There's no collusion by the cinemas. I'm not sure it's even illegal

are they a publicly listed company?

>Movie appears to be a success despite literally no one watching it
>Stock price remains the same or increases
This is blatant securities fraud; people have gone to prison for this sort of corporate activity.
In Disney's case it would need a bunch of theater chains to willingly collude with it, and for all of it's competitors to be willing to remain hush-hush.

You are a stupid person with stupid conspiracies.

Attached: Alfred P.jpg (194x260, 7K)

>are they a publicly listed company?
Are you seriously asking this question?

Attached: intredasting.jpg (685x567, 53K)

>There is no possible way people want to see movies I don't! Simply NO WAY!
>IT MUST BE A CONSPIRACY!

Attached: 1EBAD8F9F7FC4E8695A58CF2200C617F.jpg (708x800, 95K)

at this point what isnt a laundering scheme?

You do realize that you legally aren't authorized to advertise for Disney without explicitly stating beforehand that you are endorsed or affiliated with them. Nor are you allowed to advertise on Yea Forums without paying for ad space.

I'm going to tell you this once, leave before I have to get the mods involved.

Are you drunk? Because you are shitposting Wojacks at both sides of an argument.

Inflation, population explosions, etc. A billion will be the new norm.

how new are you?

Attached: 1476732623353.jpg (653x590, 93K)

unless they're lying to auditors it's not securities fraud you shill nigger. There's no stock manipulation. Maybe they consider the tickets a write off?

absolutely zero collusion required from cinema chains

No, he's paid by Disney to diffuse any discussion about their corruption. He literally doesn't know how to use wojacks

Not a single other studio outside of Sony's MCU film has managed a billion dollar take this year.
No one outside of mainland China has much exceeded half a billion.

Because streaming/Redbox has killed the theater business model for most anything but cultural event/MCU serials/Disney animated.

Buying your own product with corporate funds and misrepresenting your profits from said product to boost stocks is textbook securities fraud. You cannot misrepresent a publicly traded companies' revenues to investors.

If you could, Uber and WeWork wouldn't be telling everyone they are bleeding money.

that's not securities fraud bro

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Securities_fraud

For fuck's sake, will you stop trying to use Wiki-fucking-pedia as an authority on everything in the universe?
And I'd be willing to bet money I could find in that very wiki link that you are wrong.

>en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Securities_fraud
>Securities fraud, also known as stock fraud and investment fraud, is a deceptive practice in the stock or commodities markets that induces investors to make purchase or sale decisions on the basis of false information

The very first fucking line, you absolute chimpanzee

i loved the original cartoon and i went to this with an open mind,
this was truly fucking boring. its not that it was bad, its just really boring.
characters were wooden, plot was made woke, its really boring

>source: just trust me dude

It's not so much money laundering.
It's more similar to what Enron did, faking profits with crearltive accounting.

[Citation Needed] on such claims happening in Disney.

This.

Attached: fic6s4acuhz11.jpg (1302x2013, 98K)

What's wrong with using Wikipedia to pull narrow info like that?

we don't have proof you stupid cunt.

But nobody saw Cap Marvel, it made a billion. Nobody saw Alladin, it made a billion.

you're a stupid cunt if you think companies don't use "creative accounting"

The Rise of Skywalker might not flop, but it'll definitely do worse than its predecessors.

Dumbo was pretty good. Sad to see it do poorly.

get out of your basement, virgin incel

the mouse always wins

>Nobody discusses them on an autistic, mongolian basket waving forum.

People talk to their peers irl about these movies.

nobody talked about the Power Rangers movie, but the power rangers toy section made over 250$ per week, per (retail chain I work at) for comparison, the star wars section makes about 110$ per week, per store.

moron

Disney makes more money with cape shit and cartoon shit than drug lords and other criminals. It would be pointless to launder money

Lol that came out?

Not to mention they own city size theme parks which are essentially strip clubs for all ages. If they needed to launder money that's where they would do it.