How were the critics so wrong? This was one of Lynch's best kinos

How were the critics so wrong? This was one of Lynch's best kinos.

Attached: 81OIWoL7XfL._SL1500_.jpg (1207x1500, 185K)

it sucks ass

did you know that i fucking hate twin peaks

I don't know who the fuck you are, so why would I know that you hate Twin Peaks? Most critics can't do their job right

I love it and agree with you. Best Lynch.

I agree but I really didn't care for it the first time I saw it. After the series ended on a cliffhanger, I don't think many fans of the series wanted a prequel with a totally different tone than the show. I rewatched it before The Return premiered and found new appreciation for it but was disappointed after the first viewing. I'm not sure why I didn't appreciate Sheryl Lee as much the first time around.

It was fucking great

The critics are only ever right by accident.

Attached: 1404455293985.jpg (500x500, 28K)

i was a fan of the tv show but FWWM was baffling and unexpected.
it took years for people to decode the clues and make sense of everything.
i liked the music and the way that it was disturbing and truly horrifying on an existential level with no cheap shock or gore tactics

>The film premiered at Cannes in 1992, just a little more than a year after David Lynch and Mark Frost’s cult phenomenon was unceremoniously canceled following its meandering second season. To say it wasn’t warmly received would be understatement: “Fire Walk with Me” is one of many worthy films that have been booed mercilessly at the vaunted festival, and Quentin Tarantino’s response typified the overall reaction: “After I saw ‘Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me’ at Cannes, David Lynch had disappeared so far up his own ass that I have no desire to see another David Lynch movie until I hear something different,” he said in a 1992 interview with film critic Ella Taylor. “And you know, I loved him. I loved him.”

Attached: The good Quentin is in the lodge.jpg (2048x1536, 209K)

They were chasing normie sentiment as critics always do. Twin Peaks ended with one of the best cliff hangers of all time and then Lynch comes out with a prequel where the main character has like two scenes.

Can I watch this movie without seeing the show?

it's a mess

No, you stupid fuck.

The movie changed my entire perception of Twin Peaks and is what caused it to finally "click" for me. It's a great movie

Why not? I heard it was a prequel

This, Lost Highway and Muholland Drv are Lynch's best

Only if you like lynch nonsense. It is leagues better if you watched the show, but also leagues more frustrating

you won't understand anything that's going on if you don't watch the show. Just watch the original two seasons of the show first, it's great, the movie is fantastic

I'm not sure
It ties heavily into the show so it's pretty pointless to watch it without any background but I guess it can be enjoyed as standalone

It spoils the show so I wouldn't recommend it.

To say I had an epiphany about the show while watching the movie would be an enormous understatement. While watching FWWM, the entire show finally came into place in my mind. It was a tidal wave of understanding: I saw everything in an entirely new light. I was giddy. Not only was I watching a fantastic film, it was like I was experiencing the entire joy of Twin Peaks all at the same time. Completely unique experience.

Yes. I did. It's the reason I got into the show.

Absolutely not, now go watch the show already

That's indeed true. FWWM was supposed to be the first of a trilogy of movies, and some of the scenes featuring Cooper were there just to hint at future storylines. Unfortunately half of them ended up being cut from the movie, including two scenes that take place right after the S2 finale, so FWWM felt more like a conclussion rather than a beginning.
Some of the ideas for the movie trilogy were definitely recycled in the returned, though, such as the nuclear explosion opening a portal to the Black Lodge, flashbacks from the 50's, and a a third character played by Sheryl Lee. I would have loved seeing sheriff Truman driving a car backwards to get Phillip Gerard into the Black Lodge, though.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 150K)

i want to watch this, but i'm scared to

Attached: donkey kong face 1.png (257x227, 73K)

>were definitely recycled in The Return*

bros....

Attached: smile.png (855x617, 770K)

you will never live in the 90s you stupid 90s kids. stop romanticizing it.

the scene where laura finds bob hiding behind her dresser is fucking horrifying

I'm not feeling very blessed.

There's nothing "90's-like" about Twin Peaks retard.

>tarantula of all people saying this

Reminder that this guy had originally planned on playing Pitts role in Basterds himself, effectively being the one to literally look down at the audience saying "I think this might just be my masterpiece" before cutting to credits beginning with "Directed by Quentin Tarantino".

THAT would be kino.

God I want Tarantula fanboys to leave this fucking board already.