Unpopular positive opinion challenge:

Unpopular positive opinion challenge:
Name a movie that...
(1) you genuinely like (not "so bad it's good")
(2) came out in your adult life post-2000, and
(3) is rated below 50% on Rotten Tomatoes.

Remember that you can also find the RT score listed on Google, Wikipedia, or whatever else you prefer if you refuse to use the RT site.

Attached: 1513348332401.jpg (300x220, 10K)

I like Escape From New York

only god forgives

Book of Eli is kino.

Stop pretending RT opinions hold any weight or that it’s “hard” to find points of disagreement. The tomatometer is fucking awful and you can’t - and won’t defend pic related, so stop shilling for them

Attached: 7E556569-6441-45BC-B50C-01AA3FA44171.jpg (987x1712, 337K)

I like all of the Resident Evil movies, and they all have below 50%. Of course, besides obvious shit like Manos, I don't actually know what "so bad it's good" is supposed to mean, since the expression itself says that the movie is in fact good.

pic one, i dont care, i love every single of them and i take them over capeshit anyday

Attached: adventure rotten.png (1920x1517, 764K)

what an awful list

>(2) came out in your adult life post-2000, and
Damn dude, why'd you make this so hard?

Attached: chappie.png (741x300, 194K)

Attached: dark shadows.jpg (851x315, 64K)

Paul W.S. Anderson seems like a director that is secretly good but that is popular to hate.

Phantom Menace, yes even the Jar Jar scenes

his weakest film

yep

Attached: image.jpg (960x1440, 1016K)

When people talk about their "unpopular opinions" about movies, they usually mean hating something everyone likes, but liking something everyone hates is much harder.

Eurotrip

I've never seen it but I find it hard to believe he managed to make an even worse film than Elysium.

The Messenger, that one about Joan of Arc by Besson. I thought the movie was decent and Milla fantastic.

I thought it was funny

Attached: two.png (762x308, 104K)

>Unpopular positive opinion challenge:
>Name a movie that...
>(1) you genuinely like (not "so bad it's good")
>(2) came out in your adult life post-2000, and
>(3) is rated below 50% on Rotten Tomatoes.

>Remember that you can also find the RT score listed on Google, Wikipedia, or whatever else you prefer if you refuse to use the RT site.

Attached: 1568014162195.jpg (640x591, 96K)

The week of what?

are we talking critics score or audience score?

Freddy Got Fingered and The Bye Bye Man

Optimally both are sub-50. It's more interesting to see people defend those.

>rotten tomatoes
go back to red-dit please & never come back retard phone poster

Attached: alexander.jpg (800x421, 88K)

best live action comic book movie since TDK

Attached: 91ZwG8Ytb3L._RI_.jpg (1920x2560, 811K)

You just know if this was an MCU film it would've been universally praised

Attached: southland.jpg (1484x606, 142K)

The Bye Bye Man is legitimately a great horror film. The only complaint I have with it is that it rips off The Shining a little too much, but overall, it still manages to be separate from it
>but it's too funny, and I can't take it seriously
You can say the exact same thing about The Shining, The Excorsist, and The Bride of Frankenstein, and all those films are loved by most cinephiles

Can I get away with Wild Wild West (1999)?

I liked watching him kill all the turks

Attached: 91T22rbZEKL._SL1500_[1].jpg (1057x1500, 242K)

Not under 50% but that audience score genuinely confuses me.

Attached: Screenshot_20190919-083730.png (1440x2880, 1.18M)

I thought the werewolf plot point was a little sudden and didn't fit with the rest of the film, but this was one of Burton's best and one of the few times I feel like Depp gave a shit.

>(1) you genuinely like (not "so bad it's good")
what is that supposed to mean?

Some people think that films can be so bad they're good. I don't understand this, because if a movie manages to keep you engaged throughout its runtime, and you enjoy the film, then it's good. The Room is good. It's unrealistic, and it's probably not what Tommy wanted to make, but it's still good

It's basically just a term used by insecure people who are afraid to call anything good for fear of people judged by someone who will call their taste bad.

A lot of arthouse movies get low scores on both
Love, only god forgives and wonder wheel come to mind
Genre flicks also suprisignly get that treatment, despite not being egregiously bad
Machete kills, lords of salem, ghost in the shell
If I had to pick one I would go with the host (2013) which I feel would not have been so unfairly panned if it wasn't associated with the twilight crowd given that they shared the author

I get why the term exists. I don't get why for OP 'genuine' enjoyment is incompatible with such movies. I guess he should qualify that 'genuine'

The only movies on your list that are any good are The Mummy and The Mummy Returns. Everything else is hot garbage.

sahara, hidalgo and national treasure are good

Have you actually seen As Above, So Below?

Pretty easy if you like horror. Let's say As Above, So Below.

>came out in your adult life
This challenge is hard when you only have a month to work with

Wait, that movie is panned? What the fuck?

Attached: beer pong road trip.jpg (630x1200, 105K)

Who the fuck hates The Mummy?

The Mummy Returns was kinda shitty, though

I generally use the term to describe movies that I enjoy for reasons other than what the writer/directors intended purpose is. There are some movies that arent just bad, but theyre so awesomely bad that you cant help but gawk at them like a 24 car pile up on the interstate. The only thought is, a large group of people put a lot of time, effort, and resources into a mountain of failure.

>I enjoy for reasons other than what the writer/directors intended purpose is
How do your know what the director and writer's intentions were? What if the director's intentions are different than the writer's? Also why do their intentions matter? If you like a movie, can't you just like it?

ez, pic related

Attached: q.jpg (960x1440, 251K)

based

awful

based
awful

Loved Event Horizon. RT scored it at 27%.

Attached: event-horizon.jpg (257x387, 19K)

"so bad it's good" = Sharknado

These are generally horrible films (budget, script, acting, scenarios, plot holes, not even close to accurate, etc.), but every once in a while you come across one that's still entertaining to watch, simply because it's so ridiculous.

can't I like them genuinely though? what does genuine mean in the context of OP

I find this movie unironically hilarious!

Attached: Cat in the Hat.jpg (728x409, 205K)

If you genuinely like films like that, then good for you. There's a film out there for everybody.

>budget
That has no impact on whether a film is good or bad
>scenarios
Any good premise can be made into a bad film, and vice versa
>plot holes
Plot holes make a movie bad? So you're saying Citizen Kane is bad?
>not even close to accurate
Are you saying all films need to be perfectly realistic?
>script
>acting
Those two matter, but unrealistic acting doesn't inherently mean bad

What plot holes are in Citizen Kane?

Kane is alone when did he dies, and he whispers his last word. No one could have heard him say Rosebud

The butler specifically mentions having heard him say it.

I didn't remember that. I guess that's another plot hole because the film specifically shows Charles alone, and we can clearly hear that he whispers his last word

You missed the first part about "generally horrible films" before those characteristics were listed. I'm not going to write you a fucking report and go into intricate detail about how films differ from one another, and how a film with a low-budget can outshine a big-budget CGI craptastic film. Fuck you. It was a general statement geared towards junk movies, especially those from The Asylum. Once again, fuck you for being an ass.

Not necessarily, the shot was framed in such a way that the butler could have been in the room off screen, which is why the nurse comes in immediately after, because he called her in.

You said "generally horrible films" and then listed those things as if to imply that they're responsible for making those films horrible

Van Helsing being rated that low is criminal. Very comfy adventure.

The film also says specifically that he died alone. I'm not saying Kane is bad, but that plot holes don't matter

Attached: images (80).jpg (465x659, 72K)

>1. Black Panther

lol

Only God Forgives (2013)
The Neon Demon (2014)
My Little Pony The Movie (2017)
The Image Book (2019)

This movie is popular with Japanese movie buffs, but only for the so bad it's good quality.

Godzilla: King of the Kino

Attached: 1559862262940.jpg (700x991, 90K)

With how many people I see posting that this movie is good, there better be some damn good discussion when I watch it and create a thread about it.

Should have watched it in theater, you missed out on the spectacle and discussion.

Maybe but I don't have money to go see every possibly good movie in theater.

>Movie made for demographic that is connected to the internet 24/7
>surprised by positive score

Attached: UNON2931.jpg (540x467, 24K)

I think he's surprised that the audience doesn't like it all that much.

Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom

Attached: 401a3af105a18365d4be8422755b821b.jpg (306x640, 46K)

Passion of The Christ

I did not realize the critics hated this. It's barely below 50 though so it makes me wonder if recent reviews are driving it down.

>I did not realize the critics hated this
really? how old are you? It was a scandal when it came out and (((critics))) lambasted it. Admittedly it is a little over-violent for some reason, but a really good movie nonetheless.