Why do people say this movie is better than Red Dragon 2005? The acting from the supporting characters is awlful...

Why do people say this movie is better than Red Dragon 2005? The acting from the supporting characters is awlful, the soundtrack is terrible and wrong for a crime drama, the acoustics are inconsistent when the camera changes, and camera work is rookie tier.

Attached: images (3).jpg (306x480, 18K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=o-VnDcs3pnU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Attached: image.jpg (466x302, 8K)

If you don't think Manhunter is one of the best films ever made you need to fuck off this board my dude.

Based zoomer. Can't appreciate a classic 80's crime film

dumb fag

t. idiot

>Bro it's older, it has to be better!
Red Dragon is superior and it's not due to technology. There are plenty films from the 80s that don't have the issues manhunter has. The acoustics are trash, the supporting cast can't act, and the editing is is entry tier.

This has to be bait. Give it to me straight OP, are you retarded or just pretending?

Attached: image0.jpg (640x625, 128K)

>The acting from the supporting characters is awlful
True except Lecter
>soundtrack is terrible and wrong for a crime drama
It was different time
>acoustics are inconsistent when the camera changes
Minor mishaps
>camera work is rookie tier
Now you're just trolling, fuck you

Yeah dude the scene where Freddy Lounds is kidnapped and sounds like bored a high schooler giving a book report or the shoehorning of the antagonist's introduction and character development in the third act was top notch.

Sorry to hear that, genuinely sounds like autism/generational disconnect on your part.

Attached: giphy.gif (500x345, 767K)

The final shootout was dumb too.

its just plebs who dont know any better praising michael mann just ignore them

true
one of the shittiest movies I was tricked into watching

Because its cool to be a contrarian and act like some shlocky 80s film is better than the ones seen by vastly more people.

Yea Forums is gay for William Peterson because he's a hunk

This

I'm glad you expressed this opinion and have defended it well against the poor counterarguments presented ITT, because I agree but can't be arsed. Thank you, OP.

No

this is kno of the highest order, that's why
>camera work is rookie tier.
KEK

youtube.com/watch?v=o-VnDcs3pnU

You can't surpass KINO