The Wire is fucking garbage

The Wire is fucking garbage.

Attached: p7892930_b_v8_ab.jpg (960x1440, 274K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=70eU840lc38
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

never heard of it

Based upset breaking bad fan

the big bang theory is garbage, the wire is overrated

When it gets into the political and media shit it gets dull, but the police and street shit remain kino throughout all seasons.

no u

Figures, average literacy levels are plummeting

pleb

>watching television shows
>literacy

Attached: 1565994085970.png (400x389, 48K)

I still don't get why Yea Forums fellates this show so much. Its fucking boring and stupid.

The Wire is a literary series. Its episodes were all co-written by novelists and it takes time and patience to see and appreciate the full scope of the topics and stories the show tackles.

you're wrong but that's okay

Liberals that want to feel "hood"

Season 3 almost strikes the right balance.

It wasn't accurate?

s 1 a nd 2 are great, i got lost mid s 4 but i mean to finish it someday

It's good this thread exists. Less retards shitting up any actual discussion with /pol/speak or plain stupidity( not mutually exclusive)

how? i would have preferred the show if it stayed like season 1 and 3.

It was. Guys that worked on it were journalists like Simon tgat researched Baltimore streets for a decade, retired Baltimore police, and former drug dealers

Not at all.

As someone who's enjoyed Mad Men, The Sopranos and Better Call Saul, will I like this show? I'm curious but not sure if it's worth it.

pretty accurate. ive lived in and have bought heroin in the ghettos of chicago for almost 20 years now, this show nailed on some stuff that the average view wouldnt catch. the first few seasons are unparalleled as far as street drug culture goes. that bubbles guy, sometimes i feel that dude really a banged a bag right before the cameras rolled, bout to fall out any minute

I’ve tried watching this movie so many times but get bored during the beginning of season 2

Whoever thought going from street drug dealers to uninteresting white guys was a good idea needs to be shot

There's a reason why you keep hearing about it, it's good

season 2 is pleb filter.

don't listen to the virgin contrarians. it's universally acclaimed for a reason.

I like all of those shows and The Wire is better than Mad Men or BCS, and about as good as The Sopranos.

I always remember the vials on the bottom of shoes in this show

If you enjoy great dialogue, realistic characters, poking fun at typical cop procedurals and the working ins and outs of a criminal organization juxtaposed with that of the police department, you'll like it a lot

season 2 is kino as fuck you're just a pea-brain

You go back to the streets after season 2 but the docks are comfy and S2 is a good season

I stuck with season 2, though I agree that it wasn't as good as season 1.

Season 2 is kino, too much nigger apologism in other ones. Don't get me started on the 'harcore' faggot omar.

Okay thanks, will give it a shot.

Frank Sobotka is the greatest character in the series

I'm watching the 1st season of The Wire and I just got done watching the episode where DeAngelo teaches the younger kids chess. I was blown away! I had to watch it a couple times to really pick up on it, but did you guys realize that when he was teaching them about the chess pieces, he was really referring to THEM being the pawns! What an amazing metaphor!

It was so deep and meaningful, I am amazed by the deep symbolism of this.

Do the later seasons continue on with masterful symbolism like this? This was truly the pinnacle of storytelling that I have ever seen on a television show, and I think I can confidently say The Wire is the best show ever made without even having seen the entire series.

Also the acting is amazing. Idris Elba and Dominic West do a great job with their Baltimore accents.

how come not a single dealer gets shot by the cops?

This. He literally did nothing wrong, and the coming wall of automation and software was a juggernaut that no amount of crime could stop. Incredible character. Most underrated char ever.

Nothing wrong with this criticism. Show is still GOAT though.

just wanted to say, ive watched the first 2 eps recently, bubbles in ep 2 after identifying the dudes with the red hat, getting up and asking for money, walking out with a "woohoo" was one of the greatest moments in television . much obliged, this $20 can buy two, but ill get 3 with this

this show can drag, but it does certain things beautifully

>The Wire is fucking garbage.
not season 2

Having never watched it, genuine question, why is it called The Wire?

A wire tap to listen to gangsters.

In a literal sense it refers to the use of wiretapping phone lines, a common tactic of the police throughout the show but especially in the first season
On a more thematic level it refers to the threads that bind different aspects of the show together, how the city of Baltimore, including its political bureaucracies and criminal organizations, are all connected by interwoven narratives

Should crack be legal?

so much this. only brainlets compare wire and sopranos to bb

bubbles is probably the most sympathetic/likeable character in the show.

the transition from the streets we were used to in s1 to the docks in s2 can be a little jarring the first time around, but rewatching it all years later s2 is probably the best.

PANDEMIC

Does this show have a wtf ending like Sopranos and Lost or is it a normal ending in tone with the rest of the show? Is it satisfying?

If I enjoy 24 and Penn & Teller: Fool Us, will I enjoy The Wire?

Attached: The Wire.jpg (550x800, 69K)

YesGive the first episode a watch. No cop show will ever get close to it

If I enjoy Halo and Gears of War, is this show up my alley?

based

Correct

I know this is supposed to be a shitpost but this image is exactly true. It's basically a perfect show once you give it a second bite.

The Wire is flawed but still the best TV drama ever made. And I say that as someone who thinks David Simon is an insufferable liberal turd who gets high off his own farts.

Both are shit

No this series is more geared towards Persona and SMT fans

>street drug culture
Fuck this board

It's glamorization of the worst aspects of humanity without harsh critique of the social, personal, economic or masculine/macho aspects that lead to people committing crimes and moral shortcuts
It's a cartoon for children who think murder and corruption is not only commonplace but acceptable
Oz is better

Attached: Armond-White.jpg (585x400, 97K)

t. low iq

Back to Ribbit for you, whitebread
And you too.

Dude, the show had *real* gangsters! It's so "hood", man!

What ruined season 5 more, the fart-sniffing news company addition or McNulty going fucking kerrrazzy!

>Why don't they make good shows like The Wire and Breaking Bad anymore?

Attached: 1568872729515.png (454x516, 12K)

WHEN YOU WALK THROUGH THE GARDEN

BETTER WATCH YO BACK

I kinda like some Dragon Quest games, does that count? Will I like Wire?

The show is bizarre Jewish fantasy about blaqs (Jews are obsessed with niggers). It really only has a veneer of realism.

Um
>Better Call Saul
>El Camino

Reddit loves the Wire user

>show with a fucking AGING PILLS episode
lmao @ ur life m8

the news; mcnulty going crazy was kinda bad but funny

Is this like the Sopranos but in Baltimore with focus on negros?

I also keep hearing about capeshit, doesn't make it good
>the critics like it so it's good!
dumb
see above
Hope that answered your question. The Wire can't lick the boots of Sopranos or Mad Men. The fact that it as well as "Jesse let's fuck" keeps getting discussed on this board is sad.

You've never even been in a bad neighborhood in your life, though. How would you know whether it's realistic or not? Seems a bit dishonest on your part.

>finally watch this show 2019
>that scene where McNulty's two sons are sitting in their room playing Halo on the original Xbox together
>realized that I was the same age as those kids at the time and I was probably doing the same thing when they filmed that scene
I wasn't ready for that.

Attached: 24B7D887-1340-4110-A42F-D40C8038EFBC.jpg (250x221, 10K)

Tbf everybody loves The Wire and that's why babbies on Yea Forums lash out.

Yea Forums loves a lot of universally acclaimed shows. The Wire is just bad.

you're so cool user.

If it rustled your jimmies that much, I'm definitely going to give it a watch.

Thanks x

>Rick and Morty good!

You're prerogative m8

This post was written by slightly off-white racist hands. I'm 80% sure of this.

no you are a prerogative

shiieeeeeeeeeeeeeet

Attached: 1567813556524.jpg (1000x750, 85K)

It is. If you knew anyone in the actual hood and talked to them about street life it’s pretty accurate.

Bold of you to assume I even know what prerogative means.

How did a broke loser like Nick Sobotka score a gf with such a perfect pair? It's because he was tall right?

Pregnante?

LGTSS

>best intro
>best season
>best character

Such as?

Dookie season was great, I think it was 4. Too many good characters so I'm going with McNulty or props Joe

Does this show have any cuties like Mad Men? Might watch if it does.

Attached: 1429511923653.jpg (1280x720, 153K)

Sopranos and Mad Men

>season 5
>season 3
>stringer bell
honorary mention: best comedic relief
youtube.com/watch?v=70eU840lc38

None Kiki tier but McNulty has some good looking girlfriends/wife

If you only want to watch a show for cuties, watch Gotham.

Attached: 1448620358073.jpg (610x490, 55K)

reddit loves those shows too, what's your point dumb faggot?

...there was none? I was responding to you.

did they ever fuck barbara at the same time?

Me in the middle

good posts

my man

Attached: tumblr_oy2x7vxivp1vdia0so1_1280.jpg (1080x1074, 133K)

Well now you have

Sopranos is crap though.

watch a real show like Sonny with a Chance with Demi Lovato

>It's glamorization
you haven't watched the show, its a depressing as fuck where every single thing is portrayed in negative light with no chance of hope or improvement on any front

Attached: _7ne-jRtFr3vqk4GCoWosOfnBtHww6cKLL4kY2cVriE.jpg (640x601, 56K)