Korean Suspense Films

Owo they finally found the Memories of Murder killer.

>Police identify Hwaseong serial killer from 1980s
koreatimes.co.kr/www/nation/2019/09/251_275787.html

Any Korean suspense genre movie recommendations? I just saw Parasite (2019) last week and I'm craving more.

Attached: MV5BZWYyYTk5ODQtNjFjZi00ZDFlLWEwNGEtNGQwZTdmYWRhNmU3L2ltYWdlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTAyODkwOQ@@._V1_.jpg (1531x2297, 775K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wailing_(film)
koreatimes.co.kr/www/nation/2019/09/251_275787.html
m.youtube.com/watch?v=P0GFDtviW_E&t=35s
kissasian.sh/Drama/My-Mister
youtube.com/watch?v=cA4silVgxfo
youtube.com/watch?v=MDbEjclihm8
youtube.com/watch?v=8rrBUUWRlwc
youtube.com/watch?v=6tvfLgsSRSE
asianfans.net/my-mister-25176
mega.nz/#F!aNIEFahT!zTaNJBhjmk5PwZ0t7StBEA
mubi.com/cast/hong-kyung-pyo
m.youtube.com/watch?v=w2Am1hL-lm0&t=13s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

So the movie is outdated and stops being kino now right it's all solved all these people are nothing

Bedeviled

>the kino 4th wall breaking ending is meaningless because he was already in prison the whole time

here's your korean kino bro

Attached: Korean Films 18.png (1851x1446, 335K)

Attached: Korean Films 2018.jpg (2000x1488, 408K)

The Wailing
The Handmaiden
I Saw the Devil
The Chaser
Bedevilled
The Yellow Sea

They are all meaningless

Attached: 31C8F660-7ADC-48A3-AC98-4C06BBBAF149.jpg (1280x720, 45K)

>if it's in USA they would be analyzing DNA now ...
National Forensic Service did it again

what

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wailing_(film)

Thanks dear.

he's already serving life in prison for raping and killing his wife's sister

>The Wailing

that ending m8

Attached: Retribution (2006) Hazuki Riona.jpg (716x480, 22K)

Wow that's racist as fuck.

article doesn't say when he went to prison.

he hasn't aged a day

bum

It's time for you to embrace korean TV shows (kdrama)
Most are shit, but when they are good, they are really, really fucking good.
See pic related (Mother), or My Mister

Attached: mother_tvn_2819.jpg (692x1000, 132K)

Mother is a remake of a top jap drama tho

>Parasite

Attached: 1568874502916.png (720x798, 578K)

the wailing is LITERALLY the greatest horror since the shining. i've watched it 5 times already.

The remake is generally considered the better one; Also, it's from the Park Chan Wook's Handmaiden writer.

is this the latest updated vers tho?

this frankly.

>>Police identify Hwaseong serial killer from 1980s
>koreatimes.co.kr/www/nation/2019/09/251_275787.html

>his face when it finally occurs to him who the murderer was.

so what character was the murderer in the movie?

Attached: file.png (1000x563, 856K)

mr. vengeance is imo the best of the 'vengeance trilogy'
very slow and deliberate pacing
darkly comedic like a lot of korean movies that are popular on here (but that most anons don't seem to perceive)

Its a year out of date so it needs to include Parasite.

His name hasn't been released yet.

Korean here.

>The truth beneath(2016)
Its very underappreciated.It divded Korean critics and audiences.Nevertheless,it is considered as one the best korean thrillers by Korean critics.Original and unpredictable.

>The Spy gone north(2018)
Entertaining and well-made classic espionagr thriller.Best commercial Korean film in 2018

One of the

>statute of limitations for murder

Watch Burning my dude.

Is parasite actually good or just meh, it's ok? Tommorow it will premiere in cinemas in my country and I'm wondering if I should watch it in kinoplex

Its by the director of Memories of Murder and IMO its his best film since that one, if you liked that one then check it out, would be cool to see on a big screen.

Tae Guk Gi ending made me a little bitch

Attached: 1493530507094.jpg (658x523, 58K)

It worth watching in big screen.It has best shot of the year

this
okja was shit
the host was meh

the host is great if youre korean. it's a dark comedy, not really a horror/monster movie.

Is there a torrent somewhere with english subtitles? I dont have a pass the popcorn unfortunately

Where's the 2019 updated one?

A lot of these are garbage.

How about doing yourself instead of asking every time?

All Korean "thrillers" are literally the same movie, it gets old really fucking fast.

what needs to be added tho?
Burning, Parasite, then?

The spy gone north

The witch part1 subversion

I only ask once a year
That's about it, unless something is coming out the next 3 months

I seen it my guy. Steve Yeun is a pretty cool guy.

You're cool too

Hijacking a bit but people liking korean cinema should really look into their tv mini series. High production values + the fact that they usually do not aim for a 2nd season makes for great story telling, like a 15h to 20h long movie or a good novel.

Like another guy said, start by watching My Mister & Mother.

The Host is kino. There's a massive power gap between Bong's Korean kino and his international/English-language movies.

both the host and memories of murder seem like they would make more sense if i knew more about korean history and culture
theres a lot of generation gap stuff in a lot of his movies actually

who are some foreign film makers whose American films are better than their non-American films, aside from Wim Wembers?

My mister is perfect kino

What's with Korean films? They're always so great at the beginning, the premise is good, but then it fizzles as it gets to the end. Korean films seem to be all style and not much substance.

Why do they even bother doing police sketches in Korea?

>They're always so great at the beginning, the premise is good, but then it fizzles as it gets to the end.
Name five films where this happens. Only one I can think of that fits is Lady Vengeance which sucks.

Lady Vengeance does not suck.
The last act is not that good yes, they tried something and it mostly didn't worked out. Still an amazing movie overall.

watch mother by the same director

Me too

Where can i find My Mister?

Found Episode 1 of My Mister on Vimeo, but the other streaming sites for Episode 2 seem pretty sketchy and buffer for ages. What's the best site to watch it on?

These two
Also
Svaha: The Sixth Finger (2019)
The Drug King (2018)
Miss Baek (2018)
Believer (2018)
Dark Figure Of Crime (2018)
Gonjiam: Haunted Asylum (2018)
Heart Blackened (2017)
The Chase (2017)
The Merciless (2017)
Memoir Of A Murderer (2017)

Other than torrents, kissasian
kissasian.sh/Drama/My-Mister

Was it just me, or did Parasite have a shit denouement that killed the entire movie?

Sweet, thanks a bunch!

I prefer Asianfans.net than kissasasian
More servers choice, higher resolution.
For My Myster you can stream in 1080p there if i remember well

Starts good but goes to shit really fast.

Pic related is like an Indiana Jones + Inglorious Basterds hybrid. It's pretty comfy and I think it's in Netflix

I'm a retard who forgot to attach the picture

Attached: MV5BODE4MjQ0MjMzNl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNTE2ODUyNjE@._V1_.jpg (570x814, 153K)

Assassination is really good and has a pretty fun tone to it for a war film.
The Age Of Shadows is similar but it is much more serious.

Attached: 3666275C-B8D7-43C0-AE53-3E3A903A455E.jpg (700x1037, 580K)

>I Saw the Devil
based

the dude's been in prison for 20 years for unrelated crimes

The Wailing is fucking trash. A bloated, corny clusterfuck of stale Korean movie tropes.

>they finally found the Memories of Murder killer

Sequel when?

Only Japan makes good movies. Korea is terrible

Imagine being that guy and having a world famous, award winning movie made about murders you committed. It's his story. It must feel so good to finally get credit and fame for your handiwork.

maybe 20 years ago

Tunnel
Steel Rain
The Fortress
Midnight Runners
The Age of Shadows
Hope
Han Gong-ju

Mr sunshine
Misaeng
Goblin
Signal
Reply 97

kys zoomerino

Most directors from the Golden Age of Hollywood (Ernst Lubitsch)

says he was 50 and already in jail

I was watching Korean movies before Oldboy even came out, let alone when you watched it for the first time in 2013.

what amrecian movies did he do?

He's right

and Burning

Snowpiercer and Okja. Snowpiercer is one of my fav post apocalyptic movies. On par with his korean films.

its great

>Korean films seems to be all style

Because you watch only edge movie recommended by pleb.

Watch Lee changdong and Kim kiduk movie.

Some of Hong sangsoo movies are also good

>and Kim kiduk
Why the hell would you recommend him to somebody complaining about Korean movies with bad second acts? He's the one Korean director that consistently applies to.
He's so totally hit and miss that sometimes his movies start as masterpieces and end as garbage, and sometimes they start terrible and have a ending.

Most of these thrillers are literal garbage. Snowpiercer is really bad.

Watch JSA.

*fantastic ending

Attached: The Villainess 03.webm (596x250, 2.94M)

So I watched The Outlaws when Grym/vonRicht released.
It was just another criminal and cop movie to watch. It was more fun than Burning. But I never talked about it until now because I moved on to the next film and forgot about it.
You K-pop faggots might want to check it out. Yeah?

And The Battleship Island. vonRicht released that too. It wasn't bad.
If it wasn't because of vonRicht, I would never have watched those because they don't have over 10k votes on IMDB.

I saw The Spy Gone North during the flight. Man the part where Kim Jong-il appeared gave me chills.

Are there any good Korean War movies or documentaries?
So far I’ve seen The Front Line and 71: Into The Fire

The Wailing is cringe
>WOOPS I slipped on some rocks AHAHAHA

>The suspect is already serving a life sentence for raping and murdering his sister-in-law in 1994.
lol

I'd like to think of most Korean films as comic book idea that turned into movies so it doesn't turn me off from the film when things get ridiculous.

Tae Guk Gi: The Brotherhood of War
A Little Pond
Welcome to Dongmakgol
The Long Way Home (weird buddy comedy war movie)
Operation Chromite
Chosin - youtube.com/watch?v=cA4silVgxfo
The Battle of Jangsari - youtube.com/watch?v=MDbEjclihm8
My Way (WWII, but probably the best war movie they made)

There are few older ones on the Korean film archive.
youtube.com/watch?v=8rrBUUWRlwc
youtube.com/watch?v=6tvfLgsSRSE

Is that the one with the old man finding his brother's skeleton?

Got any more recs? I watched Stranger, While You Were Sleeping and Signal as they were airing. Really liked them. Maybe not While You Were Sleeping as much.

>Owo
Leave and never come back you little fag

You zoomers remember Once Upon a Time in High School from 2004?
Oh wait. You were all babies back then, so small, I could've lifted you with my dick.

Yes. Itd a sentimental movie like most Korean films

Wow, what a twist. Makes me feel better after i rewatched it lately.

You like Korean movies, you cracker ass bitch?

for me it's I saw the devil

Attached: I-Saw-the-Devil.jpg (1600x1066, 524K)

Can't find subtitles or a torrent that has subs included for "No Mercy", heard it's a good thriller.

I saw your mother, bitch.

hard to find subs for korean movies that aren't well known.

>m-muh korean movies

>OldBoy
>Memories of a murder
>I saw devil
same fucking movies every thread
literally One trick ponys

Based korean saving the thread, thanks for recommending something i haven't watched yet.

Feels like you're missing out on something great, doesn't it? Why don't you learn their language?

I enjoyed age of shadows, good thriller.

The police in this movie were worse than the actual killer

Read the thread faggot, there are plenty of movies you probably haven't watched, the korean user suggested two you definiitely haven't seen so shut the fuck up and go watch it.
I like korean cinema but i'm not learning the language. Too much effort just for watching films and maybe going to korea once or twice.

What would we do without a real life Korean recommending two movies everybody has already heard of.

Yeah, they're not cool like Shaft. Fuck these gangster wannabe gooks.

I heard all Yea Forums ID users are retarded, it seems right

>JSA

is it good ?

Why even bother? Korean movies are such a ripoff from other Asian movies

Parasite was fantastic and I hope you all get to see it with a good sub some day

korean

>everybody
i and i'm willing to bet most haven't seen those two. You aren't special.

I'm not special because everybody else has seen them too. Spy Gone North is pretty weak.

weak or not, still something i haven't seen, you're speaking for the rest of the board now are you? Regardless, posting anything is better than the same old oldboy/i saw the devil list, atleast some people who haven't seen these relatively unknown movies, then have something to watch, bad or not, anything is better than hollywood schlock.

>everybody else has seen them too
speak for yourself, I haven't

I'm more interested on the how they tied it was him. one of the things the film showed us was the local police's incompetence so how can we trust this?

i am too lazy to update it

>haven't herd of true korean kino Mother

god i hate people like you

I don't really care about people like you, who post the same handful of Korean movies in every thread, while simultaneously complaining about it.
You rely on each other to feed you new movies to watch and never take any initiative and keep up with Korean movies on your own.

Attached: The Villainess 02.webm (596x250, 2.93M)

>anything is better than hollywood schlock
Most young gooks prefer Hollywood films over their own. They probably feel the same way you feel about Hollywood films. Formulaic and aĺl the same.

I wonder if it's true or if they're making shit up for publicity because some police chief wants credit

Attached: EEZL2ShXoAEpe84.jpg (162x162, 7K)

Is watching korean kino after Memories of Murder pointless? It all seems downhill from there. Watched The Chaser some time ago and while it was a decent movie, it was nothing special.

Then dont bother watching Korean cinema.You'll say samething whatever people say.

Oh I mean

Thanks.

I think I'm gonna watch A Company Man soon

Attached: 1568718576720.jpg (645x773, 240K)

>kissasian.sh/Drama/My-Mister
Way late but Asianfans.net support 1080p streaming winch kissasian does not

asianfans.net/my-mister-25176

>t

Attached: 1568907591610.png (644x800, 174K)

Finally a worthwhile post on this board. I'm a different user but thanks, very based

Attached: 1568474659036.png (200x191, 54K)

There are few Korean suspense films. Once you finished them all you run out of suspense films to watch. If you crave for more then watch suspense Korean dramas. Also there are suspence webtoon like Bastard and Pig Pen.

>You rely on each other to feed you new movies to watch and never take any initiative and keep up with Korean movies on your own.

This is a Film and TV forum. How am I supposed to "keep up with korean films on my own"? Thats why people come here.

Holy fuck its true I can't even expain how surprised I am

Yes

I post this every so often when I see this thread but here is a fav of mine Cruel Winter Blues mega.nz/#F!aNIEFahT!zTaNJBhjmk5PwZ0t7StBEA

It's very generic.
Consider watching A Bittersweet Life, Steel Rain, A Hard Day, The Man from Nowhere, Illang: The Wolf Brigade or No Tears for the Dead instead.

Yh i think i'll download a torrent from someone trusted instead of a mega file from an user, nothing personal.

This one is much better than this one

whatever nigga I just did it because most torrents don't got a ton of seeds or not any all. guess I ain't uploading the rest of my rare korean kino

>hey that elusive killer in memories of murder?
>they found who he is!
>he's already in jail for some other murder

This feels so anticlimactic.

lol you didnt see the film.
stupid zoomer

Good taste. Peak of that gritty independent style that all their movies used to have.

>My mister is perfect kino
Why is IU so cute bros?

Attached: [IU TV] HAPPY IU DAY (With. 유애나).webm (920x518, 2.86M)

more people should watch paradise murdered
any films with song kang-ho in it (MoM, the host, JSA, good bad weird, etc)
going by the book

I want to upload a few of my other favs at somepoint that I sat through months downloading slowly, Guns and talks is another I really like its more comedic though

She really doesnt age...Perfect legal loli material

I usually just go to avistaz and sort the movies by seeds or downloads

Fair enough, a while ago i bought a seedbox for 5-10 bucks and was seeding any torrent i wanted and downloading at a good pace, this is one method to download older torrents or just any torrent in general with no seeders, simple 5-10 buck seedbox and seed it yourself while downloading.

I'm not spending money to torrent user, also I usually just cheat private trackers like the one posted above despite the fact I never ever seed

how did u cheat it? i want in but obviously i don't seed, always free download from public torrent sites.

Never heard of that. I don't think many people ITT care about Korean movies from that era, but Asian film threads on /t/ might appreciate them.

Korean Classic Film on YouTube has some good stuff from the 90's/early 2000's that used to be hard to find.

love his work

Yeah I got a pretty big collection over the years all because some dude on Yea Forums told me to watch Yellow Sea, ill check out /t/ I forgot it existed

mubi.com/cast/hong-kyung-pyo

Cinematographer Hong Kyung-pyo
>Parasite(2019)
>Burning(2018)
>The Wailing(2016)
And other Bong's works

Is he cinematography genius? All of them looks amazing

that was me. you're welcome.

maybe it was around 2013, also only jap live action thread on /t/ I have a few of those but nowhere near anywhere near the size

You crackers need some white pride. How about you watch Norwegian film Thelma and Swedish film The Unthinkable, Turkish film The Wild Pear Tree. You can pretend the actors are Korean so you can enjoy them more.
How about you suck my cock?

Genius my ass. You're just easily impressed due to limited exposure to films that aren't blockbuster, I bet. Get on my level, zoomer.

holy shit what a retard, filtered.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=w2Am1hL-lm0&t=13s

The president's last bang

It is less well known but very good.A satire crime comedy about assasination of Korean dictator Park Chung-hee.

Watch Italian film Dogman too, bitch. Just pretend those Italians are Koreans. ^___^

>Svaha: The Sixth Finger

Tip top movie. It's a shame we don't get many detective mystery movies like this anymore.