Seriously, what the FUCK went wrong?

cosmicbook.news/star-wars-galaxys-edge-dead-rise-resistance-disaster

>The bad news continues for Disney Star Wars as it is again reported that the Galaxy's Edge theme park is tanking and underperforming, with insiders offering that the Rise of The Resistance addition that has been delayed is a huge disaster.

>Regarding Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge, Disney recently confirmed themselves in a financial report from August that people are not showing up.

>TDO [Team Disney Orlando] is now expecting to have to announce a delay for the opening, but they're holding off on the announcement so as to not damage potential holiday resort bookings. Things continue to go poorly at both construction sites, the budget continues to balloon beyond requirements, and TDA [Team Disney Anaheim ] is frankly in freak-out mode because September attendance is continuing to be abysmal even with APs [Annual Passports] unlocked. DHS [Disney's Hollywood Studios] data is beginning to settle in, and MFSR [Millennium Falcon: Smuggler’s Run] is regularly being outperformed in riders and queue times by Slinky Dog AND RnRC [Rock 'n' Roller Coaster] after 1:00 pm.

Jesus fuck...

Attached: SmartSelect_20190919-114546_Chrome.jpg (1385x1475, 699K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=JRgv-PL7KDY
youtu.be/20CMfSKysEw
youtu.be/ZnvtsHe8Jig
twitter.com/ross_maclean/status/871321678046998528?lang=en
youtube.com/watch?v=ykXWRNZiI3M
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

JUST

MIDF (mouse internet defence force) inbound

Attached: 1567102210649.png (600x400, 341K)

>kills Star Wars forever
based

Attached: file.png (1200x800, 892K)

no shit rnrc mogs that fucking shit arcade game ride

its not just his movies, its that galaxy's edge is objectively the most shit world ever
>95% focused on the sequels, some totally unmemorable planet with some shit story
>one dogshit ride
>literally everything to do in the world costs extra, its just fucking stores and restaurants

>Give something to a bunch of retarded leftists
>It stops making money

Is this a serious question?

ITS BECAUSE THEY ROASTWASHED THE FRANCHISE

THE FORCE IS ACTUALLY MALE

SHOULD HAVE MADE IT A TRILOGY ABOUT LUKE'S SON

>tell everybody that it's going to be so crowded that you won't want to come
>nobody comes
Wtf!?

If they made this shithole free to people who pay to enter the park it would do fine despite being all nu-wars. Disney got greedy and tried to double dip for what was essentially a glorified Mall

>what went wrong

Not a clue

Attached: jbareham_190531_ply0909_1774.0.jpg (2040x1360, 828K)

don't forget jj and kathleen

it's truly astounding that they had no gameplan going in and iger thought they would wing it just fine due to brand alone.

fucking feige built the MCU from the ground up and beat a 40+ year old crown jewel in less than 10 years to become the blockbuster phenom. a true nerd who grew up on comics and star wars arguments with his nerd friends. mad respect. he'd never hire a hack like rian, he would smell out the complete disrespect that rian had for the lore

crashing the franchise
with no refunds

Attached: 1426126122729.jpg (960x907, 172K)

It is a very "immersive" experience of walking in and it feels foreign if you somehow dont have a crowd but its just a mall

Such a fuckable alien.

Jews.

>She sneaks around trying to convince people to talk to her
>Nobody does

OHNONONONONO

I blame those fucking Star Wars Incel fans for not giving Disney their money to build a $200 plus tax lightsaber. How dare those racist not wanna pay Disney to meet their new made up back beautiful characters ?

Attached: 1565734892985.jpg (1080x1350, 213K)

>Slinky Dog

Sounds based.

at first i was mad at him. but he really did everyone a giant favor that should have been realized after episode 3

Oh, man I would totally blow around $1000 to take a picture with her!

Attached: 1565734892984.jpg (1536x2048, 877K)

>95% focused on the sequels, some totally unmemorable planet with some shit story

Reminder that they had plans for an OT theme park with all the worlds represented but we got this instead because they wanted all OC so they don’t have to pay George.

Even when they have a job they look angry.

Have they ever explained why a supposed """spy""" walks around in a bright orange jacket with the rebel symbol on it

Fuck off, RLMdrone.

>Disney put its head in the sand and tried to capitalize on shitty NuWars

They based it on the fucking first order/resistance bullshit when it should have been fucking REBELS/EMPIRE from day one.

hopefully they are finally realizing their attempt at forcing this shit down everyone's throat no longer works.

no one gives a shit about the resistance or first order. neither side has any fucking depth like the rebellion and empire have. it's a built-in fan base and they absolutely fucking FAILED to capitalize on it

Imagine purchasing Star Wars, a money printing franchise, which at the time was the biggest grossing IP in history in terms of merchandising, extended canon sales, etc.

You purchase this moneymaking machine from George Lucas for a few billion, knowing this is peanuts compared to what you can milk out of it.

And all of this power, you hand over to Kathleen Kennedy, the executive producer of Last Airbender and Crystal Skull.

Imagine watching your multi-billion dollar purchase, which you then poured additional billions of dollars into creating and marketing new content for, going down in flames.

An all you can hear as you watch your money go down the drain, and Star Wars die out of the cultural mind, is George Lucas' joking comment, "I have a bad feeling about this," as he shook your hand after signing the contract.

Attached: 1360760518719.gif (350x262, 2.66M)

ugh her smug face

How mentally ill do you have to be to think even for a second that something like this is what your 1B+ theme park attraction needs to be?

According to insiders, the problem was the over-budgeting and general cutting corners, also Disney being over-prepared for huge crowds which accidentally caused people to not go.
But really the problem is that after opening day, the secret was out that Star Wars land was nothing more than an overpriced Star Wars themed shopping center featuring $200 lightsabers that can fight and $150 droids that have the internal components of a dollar store Bluetooth toy, not to mention the fact that all the food provided was shit. The entire park was supposed to be based on the original trilogy, but Bob "Thank God every other media company is failing otherwise people would actually fire me" Iger told them to focus on the sequals, which are not as loved or as known.

>finally get a Star Wars theme park
>it's all about Disney's shitty sequels and spinoffs with barely anything from the OT or PT
Bob Iger is a fucking dolt

Attached: image.jpg (960x683, 156K)

And the trio made it without anyone fighting them. It's really amazing.

absolutely based

>TDA [Team Disney Anaheim ] is frankly in freak-out mode because September attendance is continuing to be abysmal even with APs [Annual Passports] unlocked.
Gee, did Disney not realize that continually raising ticket prices would lower attendance? Every kid playing Franchise Mode on Madden learns that in 1 season

He outjewed the jews.

Attached: 736B8769-FC20-42AD-9CCB-35C46E38356C.jpg (680x666, 44K)

No one wants to go to a star wars park that doesnt have the classic star wars characters. This is like a day one business lesson

Just got back from there.

>Have to make reservations a day in advance for the bar

>Two drink Max and they kick you out after 45 minutes.

>$36 for two pints

>$215 to build a lightsaber

>$99 for a Droid

>Falcon ride was horrible and 45 minute wait.

Good news in I sold the light saber for more money than I paid for it as soon as I got home on eBay. Overall park is pretty pointless but a nice couple hour visit if you're at Disneyland anyway.

You don't need to be I'll, just be an infinity arrogant media empire that believes that they are above the invisible hand

roger
roger

What is there to fight if incompetence goes this far up the ladder.

>MFSR [Millennium Falcon: Smuggler’s Run] is regularly being outperformed in riders and queue times by Slinky Dog AND RnRC [Rock 'n' Roller Coaster] after 1:00 pm.

based slinky dog

Eh. That last black girl I dated was cuter... and much thiccer

It's almost like investing billions of dollars to change the winning formula is a terrible idea.

I miss the droids, desu.

wtf is this, some local larper that just sneaks around? I hope she at least gets paid well for that shitty job.

>so they don’t have to pay George
They already bought the IP you moron. They don't have to pay George anything anymore.

At least he didn’t hover-hand

I'm growing more convinced by the day that Episode 9 might end up bombing ir at the very least heavily underperform.
There is no way this shit will gross even $900 million.

Attached: image.png (750x1334, 618K)

cringe

Post her pics so i can masturbate.

Um, sweety, it’s called interacting with the visitors, okay?
Please have sex and don’t shoot up a school.

what is that?

Based George, can't wait for him to buy it back for half of what they gave him.

Attached: 1221495.jpg (640x480, 43K)

>they wanted all OC so they don’t have to pay George.
Makes sense. So why didn't Disney create some new stuff? Why kill Luke and replace it with... nothing? I still don't get it, and I refuse to believe someone was actually stupid enough to gamble with Star Wars and give it over to the far left.

>September attendance is continuing to be abysmal

That's a li---

Attached: disney magic kingdom.jpg (800x924, 265K)

It really is incredible. They clearly could have just kept making good movies. There was nothing stopping them from continuing what they already had. They had 35 years of Expanded Universe material to steal from and they just badly remade the OT and tried to make it modern with no awareness of how this would be received and would never be a sustainable approach.

Someone is going to run the numbers and realize just how much more they could have made if they'd just played it safe.

I disagree that the park is failing because of the use of the sequal trilogy. I think it is the lack of imagination that makes everyone say "yeah this is junk-bazaar planet #4443" when they visit Galaxy's Edge. If Disney took the time and effort into creating a dynamic and interesting world that shows the dichotomy between the first order and the resistance while still having references to the OT and prequals, then it would be more successful.

The biggest problem with the park now is that it doesn't actually look like anything that would be in a star wars movie, it looks like a low budget marketplace that is in almost every sci-fi movie. They could easily make a successful Sequal-world, but they instead chose to just have a boring planet with star wars grafted into it

There’s seriously a nigger sneaking around the park at all times?

Attached: 0A86ABBB-378C-45BD-B76E-BC2EE36600BA.jpg (1136x640, 114K)

Seething mouse

God pic related would have been kino.

That's because there's nothing interesting at all about the sequels, they're just a bland rehash of the OT while shitting all over everything the original gang accomplished.

This
>they could have just done another face lift on Tomorrowland and added more StarWars to it and it would have been more successful
Does StarTours still operate? How’s that compared to MFSR?

>Smuggler’s Run] is regularly being outperformed in riders and queue times by Slinky Dog

Gee -- wonder why.

Attached: slinky dog 01.jpg (675x681, 408K)

Wrong.
They bought the IP which means they can do whatever the fuck they want with the IP in terms of merchandising, movies, etc. HOWEVER due to writer's guild rules creators (George and anyone with a writing credit) will forever get some money anytime their characters are used.

>they instead chose to just have a boring planet with star wars grafted into it

You just described the entire sequel trilogy

Exactly. The sequal trilogy is a rush job made by Disney to capitalize on the Star Wars name. Really this theme park was the last chance to try and redeem Star Wars, the same way the Universal Harry Potter world completely redeems Harry Potter, and Disney blew it because they tried to rush it to get it out before the Holidays.

>paying like $4,000 for the privilege of bringing you and your family someplace else to spend more money

Kathleen Kennedy is to blame for everything. Rian Johnson is a hack, but she knew he was a hack before she hired him. It's all on her.

>working at park security
>getting customer reports of a black person sneaking around on a daily basis

It only needed ONE incident of an actual black woman sneaking around stealing shit to get this character boot off the park

Absolutely nothing. Rian Johnson made a kinographe with his sole artistic vision a la the prequels and guess what The Last Jedi got the most backlash from fans since the prequels

It's like pottery. But seriously Rian Johnson is the only talented fillmmaker than Disney has hired for Star wars, his trilogy will be bangin'.

>Someone is going to run the numbers and realize just how much more they could have made if they'd just played it safe.

The funny thing is, if you asked them they'd think they WERE playing it safe.

I was in disneyland on labor day weekend. the park was relatively empty, especially for a holiday weekend. longest wait time for a ride was like 40 minutes. star wars land was pretty empty. only the cantina had a crowd, and thats because they serve alcohol in there.

>some money
Those greedy fucks ruined Star Wars for peanuts after sinking 4 billion into it? Astounding.

Is that the nigress from Captain Marvel?

Hi Rian
MUUHDEEEEEEEK

Reminds me of universal

why are they all so short and fat?

Hey Ron sorry Solo didn't work out

Based writers guild!

>Rian Johnson is a hack
Looper was huge, there was no way to know he was a bed-shitter.

I live near Good Goy World in Orlando and this is pretty accurate. The land is pretty boring, no one knows who the new black girl is for example. It's just a video game simulator, a 200 dollar lightsaber shop, 7 dollar blue milk and coke stands and that's it.

You know your new land is shit when a fucking kiddie coaster is doing better than your video game simulator.

based Harry Potterland

I pretty sure it's because Star Wars turned into a shit worse than it was, but how is the American economy? Maybe it's the perfect storm with people making less money and without interest to buy a shit product.

>mentally ill
It's called being progressive, bigot. Future is female whether you like it or not.

Brick and the last jedi are kino
Looper was decent
Rian is literally based you are NPC

Oh no! We'd rather go to Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge and watch trannies drink blue milk and buy $200 light sabres!

Attached: extra_magic_hour_hollywood_studios_toy_story_land-97.jpg (800x493, 419K)

So has Disney even made money off star wars yet?

>want to stay in the exorbitantly-expensive in-park hotel
>don't want to participate in any of the ship events
>want to come and go as I please
>overweight 40-year-old
Please help

Attached: Rey-autism.webm (640x900, 2M)

They did, then they sank it all into this park

Solo is actually the best Disney Star Wars which isn't saying much

Shit, just work with the assumption that most of the thrawn trilogy happened (Luke married Mara Jade, the solo twins, whatever), and then move from there. You don't need everything from the EU, but some of the basics would've been fine.

Shit, the reason most of the Marvel movies worked out was that they were mining all the halfway decent recent stories to get something on screen. It wasn't a direct 1 to 1, but it was pretty goddamn close.

The world they built is like if WWII happened exactly the same, but instead of having Japan not be allowed to have an army, the United States decided to stop having an army because they wanted to prevent future wars from happening.

I was freaked out for a second looking at this picture because that guy is 1:1 an exact carbon copy of my brother, right down to the gelled hair and mantits+gut combo, who is also a stereotypical Marvel beanboy.

We're not having any fun!

Attached: extra_magic_hour_hollywood_studios_toy_story_land-104.jpg (800x426, 383K)

They literally made like 10 billion dollars already lad. Star Wars t shirts and funko pops sell like hotcakes and TFA, Rogue one and TLJ were all #1 in their year

Agreed.

It's literally the worst one
>nigger dp that can't light his sets worth a shit
>reshot
>manlet han solo
>muh khaleesi
>that shit tier third act
>khaleesi monologues and kills the bad guy
>member the kessel run
It's something that should never have been made

Hi Rian

Quick Yea Forums what would you have done if you were Bob Iger

>put Denis Villeneuve in charge of the entire trilogy
>try to keep Lucas around for creative input

Literally all you need and you print money till the end of time

Attached: 966510F4-6BFA-4416-8D90-122C9485BC3F.jpg (428x424, 25K)

It all sounds so magical.

Attached: 1564269222118.png (1075x768, 1.6M)

Lucas for creative input, for all the shit I give him the guy could have given them a decent direction for a sequel trilogy.

People complaining about Rian are missing the fucking point. JJ fucked everything irredeemably from the get go it literally didn’t matter who directed the next movie

Resell the stale nerd IP to the Chinese and give control of my animation division to Dan Schneider.

That looks kino but
>Mustafa

>attraction
It's literally just an incredibly overpriced mall with an entry fee; it's primary purpose is just to scam fanboys out of more money. It doesn't matter if most people aren't stupid enough to fall for it, as long as they get a steady line of people going in to build $200 flashlights, they're making fucking bank.

THE MOTHERFUCKING FORCE IS FEMALE !! WHAT THE FUCK DONT YOU GET ?

Attached: 1568382859561.jpg (1440x900, 464K)

You don't blame a puppet if a puppet kicks you in the balls. You blame the puppet master. The one that standing behind the curtain laughing at you.

Attached: 1544063830932.gif (500x281, 980K)

>le gosling
>le villenueve
Go back to /r/movies, im so glad Rian Johnson is gonna roast your ass with an entire trilogy

Dune is gonna bomb

How did he do it bros?

Attached: slinky.jpg (450x450, 27K)

Let it all die, watch the last jedi without thinking or caring about the other star wars films, watch it for the ride, it's a very good film.

And Rian completely shafted many of JJ's ideas so it did matter, he did a based job. He was the one man for the job.

I think they went with Rian Johnson for the TLJ because somebody watched Breaking Bad and thought that the guy who directed Ozymandias would be great to direct a feature length Star Wars film.

Which was retarded.

at best they've broke even after 10 years. they likely made a lot on the first deals with the merch companies.

Friend and huge SW fan had her birthday at Disneyland recently and traipsed around GE for a bit with her friends. She said it was okay, but underwhelming, and nearly died after drinking the blue milk

Just give it up Rian, we all know that whole trilogy thing isn’t happening anymore

what was in the milk?

I liked the train heist and Woody Harrelsons gang. The lighting was awful and like all Disney Star Wars movies it was completely nostalgia wank fest. But it is still more watchable and original then the other ones Disney shit out. Force Awakens is A New Hope but blander, Last Jedi is a mess, and Rouge One has good ideas but was boring for about an hour until it got to the climax

Hey retard Rian Johnsons debut film Brick is fantastic for a debut
And his directing elevated Breaking Bad shit so much because he isn't a television director.

They hired him because his stuff for Breaking Bad, Brick and Looper were all praised. And the last jedi was praised and now knives out is being praised

>stupid enough to gamble with Star Wars and give it over to the far left.
Why not? You hire consultation companies for market research and when all of them tells you the same thing ie. far left horseshit wrapped into bullshit about untapped fenale market share.
I asked myself the same when Mass Effect Andromeda came out, how is this possible? We knew for a fact that they made female characters ugly on purpose, because previous models of the same characters leaked out. Who would do such a thing? I poked around the EA blog, updates and main website for the consultatiin companies, and I counted THIRTEEN far left/progressive (same thing really) companies before I stopped.

Rian pls go

m.youtube.com/watch?v=JRgv-PL7KDY

>based Tanner gave her some heat and autism

would he even buy it back?

>JJ pushed it to the edge
>Rian slammed into it with a train at full speed off the cliff
>"it's JJ's fault, there was nothing else Rian could have done"

Attached: its fucking happening.png (642x657, 248K)

So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A hack knight

>black people existing is le far left
holy shit can you racist boomers leave 4channel already

No! We'd rather watch Vi Moradi try to hide for a half hour!

youtu.be/20CMfSKysEw

What are your guys favorite ships?
I'd have to go A-Wing or Y-Wing

This, it's the reason why we got Tom Paris in Voyager instead of Nick Locarno even though they're virtually the same character and played by the same actor.

Attached: tumblr_f989ac769822c6abc0f2f76c1b3bb210_bbe14652_640.jpg (640x497, 56K)

>Rian slammed into it with a train at full speed off the cliff
Holy based you actually typed this out as if it was a bad thing, cinema should be a punch in the gut

The Last Jedi literally has made Star Wars fans piss themselves, cry, puke and everything in between, even have sex.

What the fuck do you think Rian was doing? It's his god given fucking duty as a filmmaker to not give a single shit about the fans or anyone. It truly is, or else you don't get a filmmakers vision and you only get force awakens/ rogue one/ solo pandering and nostalgia bait.

Hello back retard. Really Breaking Bad was the most high profile thing he's worked on. No one has ever heard of Brick. Also, just because you have experience directing certain good shows or movies doesn't mean you have the right kind of experience to direct a Star Wars movie specifically.

He's a good director but his writing was awful. The Last Jedi felt like a first draft of 3 different scripts put into one.

>They could easily make a successful Sequal-world
From what? There is nothing interesting to emulate in the sequels. Park looks exactly like the environment in the movies. Even supposedly luxurios casino looked like another Tattooine shithole.

Rian killing Luke and assblasting legions of retarded boomers in the process is pretty fucking based I gotta say

their big fuck up was making their first product a continuation of the series. they should have started with a minor EU or side character so they could see what works and what doesn't.

a big reason the marvel movies did so well is they started with a blank slate for 90% of the potential audience. meanwhile DC movies do terrible because they have to measure up to 100 other superman and batman movies.

if they had started with rogue one and solo they could have seen what went right/wrong before doing their huge trilogy which made them commit to stuff.

>An all you can hear as you watch your money go down the drain, and Star Wars die out of the cultural mind, is George Lucas' joking comment, "I have a bad feeling about this," as he shook your hand after signing the contract.
Sainte basée!!

>Really Breaking Bad was the most high profile thing he's worked on
Who gives a shit? Did Cuaron work on anything high profile before Harry Potter. did Jackson work on anything as high profile as lotr before he did lotr?

Rian made an indie darling and a scifi film before TLJ

You need to fire Bob Chapek also.

soul

True, but that's clearly based on nothing other than ego. They could have done like any focus group and found out what was going to work.

Yeah, clearly the Marvel movies are working for them, even if you don't like capeshit, the people who do are mostly happy with it and it brings in the normies too. All they did there is adapt some stories that already existed and put a little effort into not deviating too much.

That would have been so easy to do the same formula with Star Wars, but no, they had to try to put their own mark on it. Pure ego.

Which is staggering considering that the gang making the Clone Wars series continuously produced amazing environments nearly every episide.

> The toppings contain potassium benzoate.

> ...That's bad.

> Can I go now?

Attached: GE yikes 400.jpg (640x792, 81K)

Based and slinky pilled

He did it in a most loving way too. Luke is able to live for eternity by not fearing death, becoming a force ghost. Literally the most pure jedi death since obi wan. And visual brilliance on top of it.

>but his writing was awful
That's what plebs always say about kino though because kino is always atypical. That's what they said about the prequels "Awful writing".

The writing in many spots is actually very good.

A lot of people give a shit about Breaking Bad. My point is that Rian Johnson was the wrong director for a Star Wars film regardless of any quality work he did previously.

Beginning to think that all the anti-Rian posting is just JJ furiously samefagging

Spielberg and JJ weren’t involved in making GE at all

According to Forbes they recouped around 25% of what they paid just before they started losing money with The Last Jedi, Solo and Galaxy's Edge

I'm REALLY surprised it's not made from $oy

Rian Johnson went the same film school as Lucas, and is 5'6'' just like Lucas.
He also knows pottery and most of all isn't afraid of making something that half of the shit tier star wars fanbase will hate on. There was no better man for the job.

Attached: pottery.jpg (1920x4920, 979K)

What are you quoting? How is potassium benzoate bad?

They had to do the trilogy while they still had the OG actors alive and on contract though.

By creating one using basic dichotomy and giving the general public a clearer outlook on the FO and the resistance. One of the biggest reasons why the movies are seen so poorly is because Disney doesn't really want to explain anything and just wants people to use the FO as an Empire stand in and the resistance as a Rebellion stand in. The park could have been a great way to show why audiences should care about both sides, like how Potter-land shows why people should care about Harry Potter.

Star wars land has no wonder, no reason, and no joy. It is as souless as the movies are

Your point has no evidence. Rian literally said "there was something really beautiful about the prequels" and his fucking Star Wars film had a mixture of OT and PT themes and visuals. It had the atypical dialogue and staging as the prequels.

He went to the same film school as Lucas. He's a big star wars fan of the original film the most, his favorite entry is Star Wars by George Lucas.

It's not so bad. Smugglers Run here in Orlando got the new Jabba animatronics.

Attached: 1568858799597.jpg (800x450, 279K)

they're american

Found the zoomer.

>He went to the same film school as Lucas.
you mean he got rejected 5 times and was only accepted after he threw a bitchfit

and you can put in your own kyber crystals too? wow!

>There was no better man for the job.
>TLJ has the same opening weekend than TFA but ends up making almost one billion less because of how terrible it is
>then a Han Solo movie bombs, Han Solo was voted the most popular character in the franchise time and time again. His movie BOMBS
>galaxy's edge flops TWICE
>Universal's Harry Potter's park prints money and the star wars ones are bombing, meaning harry fucking potter is more popular than star wars
I agree he was the man for the job, but the job was to kill star wars. Only the hackest man in the world could pull it off

>you mean he got rejected 5 times and was only accepted after he threw a bitchfit
Holy shit are you Rian Johnson's childhood rival? Kek

Who cares how many times he got rejected, The Last Jedi and Brick are kino and his episode The Fly in breaking bad was the best in the series and it was just him fucking around

>"I have a bad feeling about this,"
based george

I'm waiting for them to rename Galaxy's Edge to Malachor V and then nuke it because even a smouldering crater would provide you more fun and enjoyment than GE

Harry potter is more based than Star Wars and more consistent always but the point is that The Last jedi was the highest grossing film of 2017 and the first middle star wars saga entry to do that since Empire Strikes Back

The problem was Disney greenlighting Solo and then releasing it only 6 months after TLJ when every single star wars movie had been three years apart or at the least a year apart.

There is no doubt that Rain is a star wars fan, but he's the type of fan who makes fanfiction about what would happen if Leia turned evil and crushed Chewbacca's balls and how totally unexpected it would be

with pure heart and soul

>then a Han Solo movie bombs, Han Solo was voted the most popular character in the franchise time and time again. His movie BOMBS
How can anyone blame this shit on Rian, the solo movie was hot garbage on arrival they fired the fucking directors and had Emilia Clarke in a main role

Attached: The-characters-of-solo-character-banner.jpg (2000x860, 1.28M)

Im by disneyland and i check the times on the app and since september ive seen smugglers run get beat by Haunted Mansion and Toy Story Mania almost everytime i open the app

And you faggots told me orlando was gonna be different.

In Orlando now you can get free AIDS with purchase of a blue milk tin.

Holy shit are you his jewish gf? Kek

>type of fan who makes fanfiction about what would happen
This just means: he went again my headcanon
Same argument as those than panned the prequels and said it was George lame fan fiction about whiny kid/young Anakin

Some faggots did. Most already assumed it was going to fail because of word traveling about the bullshit at California.

Case in point

Attached: 1568858716385.jpg (640x946, 356K)

Rian has a wife. I am a man.

>Mustafa

>DUDE WHAT IF HYPERSPACE RAMMING
>DUDE WHAT IF FORCE GHOSTS CAN SUMMON LIGHTNING?
>DUDE WHAT IF LUKE TRIED TO MURDER HIS NEPHEW
yea this retard dosen't understand SW at all

We need a slinky dog world for the park fuck star wars

why do they look photoshopped in?

No he went against what was the expectation of Star Wars and just blew past all of them without realizing that Star Wars already blew away it's own expectation about 20 years ago with Episode 1. Rain tried to subvert something that had already well been subverted, which creates a double negative and turned it into shit

nope gf, wife is too patriarchal

>DUDE WHAT IF LUKE TRIED TO MURDER HIS NEPHEW
Oops.

Truly not the hero we deserved, but the one we needed

NO way you have balls

have han, luke, leia and chewy together for at least one scene, they pass the torch to the new characters, thats it a new story, new villains, etc

>I'm growing more convinced by the day that Episode 9 might end up bombing ir at the very least heavily underperform.There is no way this shit will gross even $900 million.

I hope it does but Disney wont let it and will bulk buy tickets to prop it up like they did with Captain Marvel and Black Panther!!!FACT!!!

Also when visiting Disney World make sure to carry purel

>And all of this power, you hand over to Kathleen Kennedy, the executive producer of Last Airbender and Crystal Skull.

To be fair, she's been a producer to good movies too.

They have a blue haired sneaknigger

He went against the expectations of a sequel to Episode VII The Force Awakens.

The prequels weren't trying to subvert, they were showcasing a tragedy instead of a classic heroes journey. And if you think Rian pulled a double negative subversion remember that JJ's fan fiction rebooted and reinstalled the OT themes and actively tried to wipe out the subversion of the PT and make fans forget about those movies by just having a safe A New Hope clones.

>HYPERSPACE RAMMING
Actually it is explained through interdictor fields why hyperspace ramming doesn't happen, but yeah it was on Rain for not making that clear at all
>FORCE GHOSTS CAN SUMMON LIGHTNING
The biggest crime is just having that scene happen and then doing nothing with it.
>LUKE TRIED TO MURDER HIS NEPHEW
Rain's intention was to show that Luke had a second of doubt simply because he felt the force without understanding the reason for it, but again Rain didn't do a good job at explaining this at all

>[Millennium Falcon: Smuggler’s Run] is regularly being outperformed in riders and queue times by Slinky Dog

This kills the Disney

Attached: 1455306541306.webm (480x480, 593K)

>all these based and dramatic film elements and scenes
>you are mad because you wanted another fucking death star
Rian did nothing wrong plotfag

Attached: kino.png (854x679, 275K)

Whatever they're paying her, it's not enough

Attached: 1563505855963.gif (403x200, 790K)

Only someone with huge balls could ever say with such confidence that The Last Jedi is top 3 Star Wars.

Attached: (2017) Star.Wars.The.Last.Jedi.2017.D.BDRip.720p.ExKinoRay[(071333)2019-01-07-13-39-05].jpg (1280x536, 495K)

>The prequals were not trying to subvert
The prequals were litterally an inversion of the OT, instead of the farm boy rising to become a hero it is a slave who was thrown into the position of being a hero who fell due to the stress of it. I'm sorry to tell you but George Lucas is better at the art of subversion than Rain ever is/was

>It's his god given duty to completely forget what franchise he was making a movie for
Fixed

>The writing in many spots is actually very good.
Basically admitting it was mostly bad lmao. It had good moments but again it felt unfinished.

>Why give Luke the only good character arc just to kill him off?
>What is the point of Rose? All she does is say cheesy lines about love
>Why have Leia in a coma the whole movie and replace her with some mean lady?
>Whats with the weird tone shifts? Goofy shit like Poe's prank call but also have Luke almost kill Kylo in his sleep.
>3 plot lines going on at the same time and the pacing is different in all of them. It's like the end of the Phantom Menace for the whole film.
>Why bring up that the Rebels and the First Order buy from the same people and do nothing with it?
>Why bring up Rey going to the dark side and do nothing with it?
>Why not have Luke actually show up to help the rebels and leave his island?
>Why make the Rebels and First Order conflict seem like a battle between just 2 ships and not a galaxy wide war?
>Why did Rose get mad at Finn for trying to sacrifice himself for his friends?
>Why did nobody tell Rian his script was unfinished, had some good ideas but needed to be rewritten to make any sense at all

It's Iger and Disney's fault and they compounded one mistake with another. They bought out Lucas and rushed out a movie because the stockholders demanded one for the last quarter of 2015, which is why A STAR WARS FILM was released in fucking December, to justify the 4 billion they gave to Turkeyneck.

They then hired a glorified secretary (Kennedy) who has NEVER produced a single film of any note outside of her work with Spielberg. Said cunt then decided that she was going to use Star Wars to push her Feminazi/SJW political agenda.

She the hires one of the biggest hacks in the industry to Direct, Jar Jar "Cocknose" Abrams, who does NOTHING but rips off other peoples work and LITERALLY made a movie that was a fucking remake of A New Hope. He's also a Jew so of course he's on board with pushing women and blacks as the leads while Kuntleen doesn't want attractive women being cast, unless they're killed onscreen, because she's a bitter old fucking hag.

Kuntleen then hires a babyfaced gnome with a squeaky voice who laughs like a girl to not only Direct but also WRITE the sequel and proceeds to absolutely fucking destroy the franchise to such an extent that their next film, Solo (which was released six months later for some dumb fucking reason and starring a chipmunk faced dweeb as Solo who only got cast because he's a kike) fucking tanks while also damaging the brand soo badly that toy sales are in the fucking toilet and their theme park Star Wars Galaxy is a fucking disaster!!!FACT!!!

All they had to do was take their fucking time. Hire a Producer who actually CARES about the franchise, good Writers and Directors and at the very least it could have been decent. They shouldn't have released a new Star Wars movie until 2017 for the originals 40th anniversary which would have been perfect timing while telling Turkeyneck to fuck himself and releasing a de-specialized edition of the OT on Bluray at the end of the year which would have sent people into a frenzy.

Instead they fucked this in every conceivable way!!!FACT!!!

Nope. Ignore the 12 year olds and shills saying that disney tool ALL the money from their movies because in the real world theaters, worldwide distributors and China all take their cut.
Nobody is buying the toys and merch and there are literally no video games side from reskinned battlefields.
Not to mention that GE took over 1B to create and it still isn’t finished.

>Luke having this struggle and reaction on a fucking hunch about Ben MAYBE having some contact with the dark side despite his character arc in the OT being that he never gave up on his father despite all the shit they went through together
Fuck off Rian you flaming faggot, you don't understand the OT in the slightest.

Attached: image.jpg (499x309, 13K)

Pissed of the old guard by shitting on the OT characters while at the same time desperately pandering to them by repeating iconography and old music, forgot that these fans are adults and won't take your blatantly transparent attempt at subverting star wars and the classic hero's journey its built around.
Pissed of the prequel fans by completely ignoring it existence because "p-people don't like those right? See we're in. We're hip. We're down with the common folk" like it isn't patronizing for a multi billion dollar company to do so, forgetting that despite the hate the prequels still brought in a new generation of fans so not acknowledging their existence might not be the best move.
Forgot to actually introduce anything new while trying to juggle these two diametrically opposed ideas (shameless pandering to the old while at the same time attempting to tear it down), when called out for it pretended to do so but all Rian achieved was a remake of ep. 5 hidden behind "subversive" moments, forgetting that star wars had already done that before as well in ep. 5 so not even that was new.
Forgot they were supposed to bring in a new generation of fans while they were busy sucking off the old fans while trying to chastise them for wanting nothing but blowjobs but no one said they wanted nothing but that you decided that for yourself get the fuck off my dick if you hate me so much.
When things didn't go their way they hired a bunch of twitter moral busybodies and "journalists" to throw a fit and pretended the problem with star wars is the fans.

They also sold the license to EA.

>>it's all about Disney's shitty sequels and spinoffs with barely anything from the OT or PT
This. I'd love a PT or OT era park because I don't give a fuck about Disney's "Star Wars".

Dan Schneider worked in live action though?

I HATE THE SIGHT OF HIS FUCKING FACE!!! HE'S THE DIRECTING EQUIVALENT OF RICH EVANS!!!FACT!!! youtu.be/ZnvtsHe8Jig

>outside of her work with Spielberg.

Attached: my god.jpg (520x363, 32K)

Will he be in the new Star Wars film?

Attached: Profile_-_Slinky_Dog.jpg (1041x1009, 159K)

>Why give Luke the only good character arc just to kill him off?
Lukes arc ends with him dying.

>Whats with the weird tone shifts? Goofy shit like Poe's prank call but also have Luke almost kill Kylo in his sleep.
Now you're just being retarded tone shifts happen in close proximity to eachother you're talking about things that are over an hour a part.

Attached: campbell.png (776x653, 59K)

>HE'S THE DIRECTING EQUIVALENT OF RICH EVANS
So absolutely based? That's a bold statement.

Id watch SLINK:a star was story

>this is what sequelfags think takes balls irl

>APs [Annual Passports] unlocked

people actually go to Disney resorts more than once? that's the real travesty.

Except there is nothing subversive about Anakin Skywalker turning to the Dark Side we already knew that was going to happen. Yes the PT were the opposite of the OT that's what I said one is a tragedy the other is not.

Maybe they shouldn't have made Galaxy's edge look like a fucking trash yard.

>underperforming literally just a 1.5 minute rollercoaster with an Aerosmith soundtrack
OHNONONONO

>that picture
Absolute cringe

>blah blah blah
You don't understand pottery or drama and think that Luke has to just be the same damn character he was.

He was actually given meat to his arc and character with the shit that went down between him and kylo ren and it was an anakin skywalker tier moment of weakess that he had in seeing visions of the future which he tries to stop only to cause

>implying hives and scum and villainy aren't the best Star Wars locales

Is Disneyland even worth making a day of? I'm going to Japan soon and was thinking of checking out DisneySea.

We got to see the entire story of how he fell to the darkside. all we knew before hand was that he fell, not that he was the greatest hero of the republic before he fell. The inverted heroes journey from a hero to a villan IS the subversion user.

no one forced Disney to pay $4 billion for a property without having any idea what to do with it. Kathleen is a producer not a writer. it's on Iger and Disney's invisible board of directors.

Usually hardcore and casual park fans agree DisneySea is one of the best. I'm going in December, check it out bro.

Formally alive

I want her to crush my skull!

Is this the Disney Land one or the Disney World one?

Why do Americans do this? Honestly it seems like pure cringe for both parties involved:
>the actors just awkwardly stand around, waiting for someone to talk to them
>when someone does, it's a 50/50 chance that it's some fat autist
>you're basically forced to make conversation, basically a LARP where only one side is "in on it"
>you're subconsciously certain that the actor hates you and every other fat fucking slob that actually paid money to get into this shithole

>sequelfags
Lmao dude I'm only a fan of 1/4 disney movies. And I really like 1-6. Sit down.

They're the same as far as I know.

It is when the story is that it is a shitty place to live in.
The Galaxy's Edge planet is litterally in lore just a marketplace that the FO have a base on. It has no excuse to look like shit

If you like immersive theme park kino Disneysea is it.

In fact its leagues better than Galaxy Shit.

>basically basically
Fuck me why don't I reread my posts before posting them

UNIVERSAL WINS AGAIN BABYYYY

TLJ subverted expectations from TFA
Despite what you say about the prequels being subversive they didn't subvert expectations from the OT besides some fans thinking they were terrible, they were what we expected

Wouldn't a trading outpost/thieves den look well-used and dirty? They always did in the movies.

It's a pointless diversity hire created for the new area. Fyi a tumblr bitch wrote it and got approval from the mouse.

I want him to go back to directing music videos for The Mountain Goats

His latest film has 56 positive reviews and 1 negative review on RT

Yes, because it's not managed by the kikes at Disney but by superior nipponese.

Looks like I'll be going there then. It looks and sounds like pure kino.

I'm not saying that because I hate him, I like his work with The Mountain Goats

>Rostwashed the franchise

Oh lordy . I chuckled heartily at that one.so true

Attached: 0f172a71319f0b0516b50412daf64e9a88b20ffaf8a36f81d8b2709757662670.jpg (642x710, 110K)

Speaking of Universal, what's going to happen to the Simpsons land at their parks? Are Disney going to make them pull it so that they can do their own at Disneyland?

Attached: MoesTavern.jpg (1024x683, 150K)

>tfw no autistic white boy to bother me at work

Attached: 1567893454046.png (1000x1000, 81K)

It's not a thieves den. It is a semi-important trade world the FO is there to enforce their rule, unlike in tatooine where it was clearly a shitholes with the Stormtrooper just wanting to find the droids and get out. Galaxy's Edge is about the resistance trying to beat the FO's base on the planet, not just exist on some seedy black market.

Make a Dark Forces trilogy spinoff.

pretty sure if Mark Hamil came to Lucas and said "I disagree with everything you've done with my character", Lucas wouldn't have just told him to go away and say his lines

That's a good question. I think Universal Orlando still has the Marvel license, but they can't add anything new, and the likenesses from the movies are out. That said, I'm pretty sure Epcot's getting a new GotG ride soon.

Star Wars comes & goes in popularity, there was a time in the 80's & early 90's that Star Wars was mostly forgotten about, the re releasing of the OT & the Prequels brought back the hype, then it went quiet for another 10 years

The problem with the Disney movies is they killed hype too quickly, TLJ was insulting & Solo was forgettable, Kennedy didn't want to put the work in that Feige did with the MCU, she assumed the brand would be enough

kys

Attached: BE008815-4436-4001-A61B-148062217084.png (1024x898, 1.13M)

I'm pretty sure you're a fucking faggot who didn't get the memo that Hamill was a faggot and admitted himself that he was wrong in retrospect.

Also why are you comparing the 8th entry to the saga to the writing of the first 3? it has to be changed up

Similar to Jedha? I'm not trying to be combative, it just seems like dirty, weathered locations aren't unusual in that universe.

Star Wars is dying

Get woke.
Go broke.*

*unless you're marvel and you can buy out theaters.

Attached: RLMjaya.png (383x216, 76K)

>>outside of her work with Spielberg.

I've went through her credits on the IMDB and there's not ONE SINGLE GOOD MOVIE that she's done that wasn't associated with either Spielberg or Lucas. Seriously, check out her credits!!!FACT!!!

So is Planet Earth
convenient right?

Their time will come.

Attached: 1565392584346.jpg (960x960, 185K)

>Lukes arc ends with him dying.
On an island he never really left. His biggest failure Kylo only inconvenienced. Nobody else in the film really gets a good arc. Poe learns to blindly follow orders. Finns arc is contradictory he's a coward at the beginning but when he tries to be brave he is also wrong. Rey I don't know she learns to use the force which she already knew how to do.

The bad jokes were throughout the movie I only picked the most egregious one. Snokes death being undermined by a tripping gag was another bad moment. If it wanted to be dark they should have cut the lame humor and if it wanted to be lighthearted don't have Luke try to kill his protege.

The movie is a complete mess and it is hard to follow. It has no real message or meaning and I have no idea what it is trying to say or do. Rian took something that was heavily based on the heroes journey and did the opposite of what you would expect with it but then had nothing to say.

>twitter.com/ross_maclean/status/871321678046998528?lang=en
>about 30 to 40 million in reshoots
OHNONONONO

>I think Universal Orlando still has the Marvel license, but they can't add anything new, and the likenesses from the movies are out
Yeah, I just took a look and that part of the park literately looks like it's from the 90's.

Kathleen Kennedy's top 3 kino

1. The Last Jedi
2. The Lost World: Jurassic Park
3. Jurassic Park

>but I want to pay $150 to get in and pay $60 for a porg puppet, see a girl with blue hair and pay $100 for a plastic droid!

He has bigger tits than she does.

Attached: hmmnigg.jpg (1000x900, 87K)

STOP STOP MAKE IT STOP

>set it in ST
>set it in Not Tatooine 3.0, the most boring place in the galaxy, a poor chinese district marketplace.
>price everything 4 times their real value
Found the problem

>kys
hello, reddit!

but JJ already did another Death Star and it was fucking retarded. All Rian did was knock off Hoth and the Throne Room scenes too. The entire ST is just a shitty copy

This is actual truth.

KYS RIAN YOU FAGGOT

producers really don't have that much control over whether a movie is good unless they're so hands-on that they're effectively co-directors or writers, which Kennedy isn't.

the reliance on nostalgia was clearly dictated by Disney's board of directors, and the feminist stuff is a reaction to men pirating movies disproportionately, like in the rest of the entertainment industry.

>Star Wars theme park
>no Darth Vader

Pretty low effort bait user please try again but with conviction

>Actually it is explained through interdictor fields why hyperspace ramming doesn't happen, but yeah it was on Rain for not making that clear at all
Not in the movie so not explained at all

This statement is completely true.

Luckily TCW season 7 was all made before Disney, so that'll still be kino.

And the sad thing is that despite all of that, I enjoyed it more than their other outings.

Aww yes, the infamous....black lady

>Galaxy's Edge theme park is tanking and underperforming

What the fuck did they expect?

Attached: 1568847811623.gif (746x479, 196K)

Looper was shit tho that didn't really make sense.

No ones that big of a fan to justify this. And it's perceived immediately to be impossible to get tickets and too fucking expensive. Why the fuck would a ticket to a park to buy a ticket within the park? Fuck them. And not for the rey shit but because these could have been better regardless of who the protagonist. Luke was a youbg naive faggot but they made it work.

Can someone explain to me how a Rebel spy manages to sneak around undetected with the Rebel badge on the front of her jacket?

Attached: 1545849003571.jpg (2040x1360, 1.12M)

>kys
Back to redred villeplebe!

I could put Solo over Rogue One but it's way worse than the Last jedi

Time travel isnt possible so it usually doesn't make sense, it's theoretical.

shut up racist
she's probably a first order spy

She kind of sums up most black people cosplay too. Most low effort prop driven trash.

>Why the fuck would a ticket to a park to buy a ticket within the park?
You don't need a separate ticket. In the early launch window, you needed a reservation at Anaheim, but open it's completely open. Orlando's version was always open.

JJ didn't start off on a great foot but he purposefully left his movie wide open for all sorts of possibilities. Any competent screenwriter and director would have been able to save it and elevate it easily. Unfortunately we got Rian.

How the fuck would they over budget and also cut corners? Those are two conflicting concepts you idiot.

BASEDED

how the fuck can you nerds talk about this gay incel shit so much every day and not get tired of it?
its a fucking franchise for children, commit suicide already

Jesus Christ, he literally had Luke drink semen from the tit balls of an dick head alien and a one eyed monster fart in your face stfu he disrespected star wars and should be hanged

Attached: 1244E9BF-D449-498D-A31A-A8F2C65BEE64.jpg (854x1830, 446K)

>left his movie wide open for all sorts of possibilities.
No he set up muh Rey 2.0 and shitty Snoke that Rian killed like the little emperor wannabe bitch he was
DESU

>Let the past die. Kill it, if you have to
Does that make Kylo his self-insert?

Looper was literally forgotten about about two months after it was released.

>producers really don't have that much control over whether a movie is good unless they're so hands-on that they're effectively co-directors or writers, which Kennedy isn't.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, she still hired Abrams and Johnson. She was in charge and it's HER RESPONSIBILITY to make sure the Director doesn't fuck up. Fuck yourself for making excuses for this cunt. Seriously, take a rusty butter knife, stick it into your urethra then attract jumper cables to the end and the other end of the cables to a car loaded with TNT then drive off the edge of a fucking cliff into a cesspool filled with piranha, AIDS tainted blood and copies of Ayn Rand's The Fountainhead you fucking wretched cocksucking shithead fuckface asswipe mongrel dripping sack of monkey shit lowlife fucking maggot dicked zero charisma non-entity!!!FACT!!!

>1488

every fucking time.

It's actually pretty common to have both problems when dealing with any kind of big project that is being planned by idiots.

He had Luke drink blue seacow titty milk for hydration? Like he used to do back on his desert farm? This is bad?

Off yourself

>protagonist of some obscure side story nu-wars garbage that nobody knows or cares about
>nobody in the park recognizes her
>everyone she gets close to thinks she's a pickpocket
>all footage of the park has this woman sneaking around in the background like a retard
What were they thinking
Just have Darth Vader walk around telling kids to join the Empire for fuck's sake how is that so hard

>Looper was literally forgotten about about two months after it was released
People here remember it all the time.
It's still a better blockbuster than superhero trash or nolanshit

no one likes sequel shit. know someone who works security at galaxy's edge, says that people legit complain about the black "main character" all the time. people think she's just some sketchy black woman sneaking around hahahahaha.

Who the fuck doesn't expect to wait 45 minutes for a gigantic park ride? That's a bullshit thing to nitpick

>please meet star wars' new character of color, vi moradi!

Disney is slashing the budget for park entertainment so that means they'll be even less walk around Reys, Chewies, Keylo Rens, and that OC black resistance spy lol.

>Galaxy's Edge is a dumpster fire
>All the while next year Universal is going to unveil Mario Land in Japan.

The Mouse is going to get ITALIANED

Attached: 1486707243610.jpg (394x400, 30K)

He got that blue milk from something else you retard not a shriveled up dick

They replaced him with rey. Its all you faggots have been bitching about this whole.

You can't explain it without further bastardising Star Wars. The orange jacket is just a beacon for park goers to notice her and see the stupid logo. It's like the cheapest character they could create.

>36 dollars for two pints
Yikes
I would bring in my own weed and alcohol fuck em

>>all footage of the park has this woman sneaking around in the background like a retard
>What were they thinking

Imagine the poor fuck saddled with the role. You're just trying to do your job and people are ignoring you or they are all resentful when you start your pre-programmed pitch about the rebels because you're a literally who character from some book nobody read.

Holy fuck I'd rather be a random Stormtrooper all day. At least the kids are into that even if you're dead silent.

Remember captain phasma I dont

Attached: 14449D3E-6EA7-4F4C-AD9D-B83090FDF1F4.jpg (225x225, 43K)

>less Reys

Attached: anaheim-rey.jpg (1080x1080, 249K)

>tfw spent HALF my life savings to go to Galaxy's Edge this year
>I am 30, and that is 6 years of savings for me
>main reason was to meet the cute girls there. and also to try and get some numbers, but really I was hyped also about star wars
>got to the park and was walking around
>really bored to be honest and wasn't really living up to my expectations
>saw a cute mascot girl with black hair
>thought 'this is my chance'
>got in the line (a fucking LINE) to take a picture with her
>kept thinking about how I could make her laugh
>notice 2 little kids in the line in front of me
>thought I could use them in my favour
>bend over and offer them money
>tell them to say to the girl 'Please save us! That big AT-ST Walker behind us in line says he is searching for sexy scum! and you fit that description'
>they say OK
>get in with the girl
>one of them whispers something to her
>points at me
>she looks at me confused
>comes over to talk to me
>asks me to leave the line or 'i will report your predatory behaviour'
>tfw those little retards probably said something like 'that man said we are sexy' or something
>too ashamed to try with the other ladies

Attached: 156672263q01.jpg (1080x1440, 100K)

How fucking dumb must disney be? They know that the OT is for a FACT more popular than the shit they pump out but they make all the scenes and props from thier sequal shit at thier park. As far as I know there is only merchandise and no actors or staff dressed in anything from the prequals or OT, just who do they think they are marketing too?

Oh and you cant dress up in a star wars costume and go there because they dont want to confuse people of who is and isnt park staff. What complete and utter incompetance. Its like if universal made an IRL jurassic park full of animatronoc dinosaurs but they based it soley on fallen kingdom. Eat shit kathleen.

You couldn't do any better.

>reachingpepe.jpg

Reminder that Attack of the Clones and The Last Jedi are the most artistic Star Wars films.

>We're down 100 short of 1 billion
>Buy 100 million dollars worth of tickets
>Now the budget for the movie has jumped 100 million dollars with nothing to show for it
With Captain Marvel, they had to make sure that Disney Stock was stable for the merger. Now they don't need to, and most likely will just start cutting star wars budgets to make up the difference

>Artistic

Kill yourself please

Attached: 9D67FB55-0FA0-4925-AD9A-80C742095F64.gif (227x221, 967K)

>posts le kebin spacey
Yes half of the star wars films are more artistict than anything he's been in especially The Last Jedi

mind if I snag this image?

Attached: 1553713437821.jpg (1057x1057, 74K)

You better be joking, otherwise off yourself now.

If it was a rehash it would look like the OT. So which is it? Does it look like the originals or fucking not?

would smash

Attached: 1553902332337.jpg (1262x1295, 331K)

>Time travel isnt possible so it usually doesn't make sense, it's theoretical.
That's true but the way its played out in the movie just irks me, like in Bruce Willis timeline the TK kid still ended up as the mob boss even though his mom shouldn't have died

Darth Vader is a white male & the empire is white supremacist, can't have that

watch the jews inflate the numbers just like the hholocaust in the coming deccades

Naruto is popular with kids, he's a ninja with an oragne jumpsuit.

Where the fuck do you think milk comes from nigger
Get fucked

>Desu
yeeesh

Or, you know, they're promoting the trilogy which is currently on-going. But it's probably an anti-white agenda.

>Artistic

When someone calls something artistic they have no understanding of film, that’s why when some said to me that 2016 Godzilla was artistic I told them it sucks and so does last shit fest

Attached: E7732248-77B5-4522-9136-1C239239F7A4.jpg (1088x1088, 885K)

Then if they cut corners the budgeting more for other things becomes justified. There's no such thing as a perfectly balanced budget dumbass.

That doesn't change the perception. Like how you faggots think getting a girl to notice you is impossible when it isn't.

The word filter did that to me.
Godzilla 2016 is trash because Garreth Edwards is a shitty hack. That's why Rogue One is shit an non artistic and needed reshoots with a different director

George Lucas and Rian Johnson are artists. They make things that people love and hate.

Ron Howard, JJ Abrams and Garreth Edwards just make empty flicks that are forgotten instantly.

I don't know what the perception is, but saying something "is" when it isn't is spreading misinformation.

The man had some good ideas, he just got old and lazy. Even the prequels could've been great if he had some people on board to say "I'm not sure about that George."

When I first heard about a Star Wars land being opened at Disneyland I started getting anxious because I used to be a big SW fan and haven't been to a Disney park in decades. Then I found out it was sequel-only. Cancelled plans.

George became one of Disney's single largest shareholders (he got half in cash, half in stock so about $2Bn). I can't believe they were that cheap as that would have been their motivation.

So George is now making money off nuwars more than almost anybody?

Tree House of Horror III. Go watch it zoomie.

>You couldn't do any better.

Oh but we could.....

30 years later there's a cold war between the New Republic and the remnants of the Empire which wasn't completely destroyed after ROTJ. On the surface they're diplomatic, with Leia being the NR's President, but underneath both sides use proxies to conduct espionage and subterfuge while those employed play both sides against each other.

A Stormtrooper defects to the NR when she learns of a plot to launch a preemptive attack against the NR by the New Order. She's interrogated and they deduct that she's telling the truth. But they don't want to be overt, so Leia contacts Han and asks him to help her sneak some people into the New Order and gather intel. Han and Leah have been separated for a while but their son has been training with Luke who is now running a Jedi academy.

Han, Luke, Chewie, C-3PO, R2-D2 and the defector infiltrate the New Order base and learn of a weapon system that could destroy a sun. They bring the intel back and Leia mobilizes a fleet to attack the NO base where this weapon is being developed.

The base is destroyed but it was all a ruse and there was no weapon. Just lots of families of NO citizens The NO wanted the NR to attack thus justifying a counter attack, knowing that they could turn public support against the NR while rallying their own citizens to join a war effort against the NR because they killed thousands of families, many belonging to NO citizens who serve to provide financial support to their spouses and children.

The twist is that Han and Leia's son were in on this plot, his mind twisted by their Nanny/Servant who is a Sith and corrupted him with sex and dreams of power.

The end of the movie has Han being killed by his son and the cold war turning hot!!!FACT!!!

Thats truth. I just got back from Disneyland in CA, and it is quite obvious that the budget cuts are having an effect on the state of the park and user experience. They raised prices and then made cuts, cut out entertainers and acts around the park, as well as janitorial, engineering, and rrides and retail employees. First time I've ever seen a filthy bathroom at Disneyland. Multiple rides breaking down, at the same time, some rides not actually working or missing parts as you ride them, the monorail is closed between the hours of 11 am and 6 pm, as well as other areas of the park, and a lot of neglect in upkeep. And a lot of rude and grumpy employees because they are being understaffed and hours cut. For all the talk of Disney magic, it has certainly lost it imo.

Also, how the hell to you build the millennium falcon and have it have no connection to any known characters? all of a sudeen it is owned by some cheery, totally non-threatening literally who gangster who smuggling fuel for the resistance, using vague plot points from Disney’s Solo, and that’s it. They missed the mark so badly on the ride.

>With Captain Marvel, they had to make sure that Disney Stock was stable for the merger. Now they don't need to, and most likely will just start cutting star wars budgets to make up the difference

If Star Wars 9 from Outer Space does anything less than a billion it will be seen as a failure. I think/hope it does and that'll give them the excuse to let things cool down for a few years. Can Kennedy and begin anew!!!FACT!!!

Attached: we aint found shit.jpg (500x510, 72K)

George is making his share off whatever Disney does. Funny enough, he's got to be making far more from MCU revenue than any Star Wars derived sources. But as far as the company is run, he has only as much say as his shares allow him. He can complain to Iger and the Board of Directors.

Are Disney even up on their original investment yet? It's been almost a decade...

they'll def buy tickets if it looks like it's gonna under perform

they did it for black panther as well

wtf? mods gave me a warning for some reason...

Man your are either Rian Johnson himself or someone who hasn’t noticed Rian shat down your throat and your called it artistic, Looper had time travel in it no one can fuck a time travel movie it’s the easiest type of movie to make.

Last Jedi
>Luke throw away the lightsaber, we could have had a flashback or placed it on the floor no he threw it like Rain Johnson threw this shit together.
>drinking blue milk from a testicle boob from rain Johnson’s designed seacow penis
>yo momma joke
>shitty bombers with Asian kamikazes ww2 much
> Luke’s terrible nihilism and attitude is Rain Johnson’s own attitude toward Star Wars
>the casino scene was cancer
>leia surviving in space
>holdo destroys 30 years of Star Wars cannon with her warp jumping into ships
>1min captain phasma scene to sell toys
>ray Mary Sue shoots 3 ships with one shot
>Kylo ren unstable Whiny brat lame no arc at all
>everyone dies and acts like they won in the end

Attached: 43C653A2-24E5-42E5-84C3-ED12C3A0A09D.gif (480x270, 2.27M)

Fuck no. They're close to breaking even.

The funny part is that every single nuwars film is still 1000s of times better than every marvel flick

> Looper had time travel in it no one can fuck a time travel movie it’s the easiest type of movie to make.
.....??
And you wanna explain how he fucked it up? It had the same clear cut kino ending as Le Jetee only presented completely differently

>ray Mary Sue shoots 3 ships with one shot
That was Chewbacca, the camera immediately shows him in the cockpit. Rey was on the side canons that were not facing forwards, she faces sideways or backwards.

>>drinking blue milk from a testicle boob from rain Johnson’s designed seacow penis
He drank milk from a tit that he milked
a tit, you are a virgin

>>everyone dies and acts like they won in the end
He had to copy the ending of Return of the Jedi since her already copied The Empire Strikes Back.

They definitely can't make them pull those parts of the parks, just like Disney can't tell Sony to not make Spiderman movies despite owning Marvel comics now, the licensing deals for those things were separate they have theme park rights for Simpsons. If anything I would not be surprised if Disney is directly profiting off the toy and merchandise sales in the Simpsons part of Islands of Adventure now that they own the brand, depending on how the merch sales were stipulated in the original contract.

Although I imagine they probably may never be able to expand upon the Simpsons area now, similarly to the Marvel land, they have to just make do with what they have already as long as it can last culturally and draw people in.

There's an increasingly popular theory that there is some sort of agreement in the contract that Lucas still gets a split of profits off anything that uses elements from the OT or PT, hence why Disney seem so adamant on touching them as much as possible regardless of how much of a dumb idea it is not to just to get a sliver of more profits by avoiding paying anything to George.

Meant for you

GO WOKE GO BROKE

I said he couldn’t fuck it up because of the time travel genre is easily digestible to the masses

Saying it's easy to make a time travel movie is pretty stupid considering there's only a handful of good ones

newfag

There is a whole meme about Rey triple kill so stop being in denial

Attached: 382EFF58-A04A-4F07-8EBD-71FC121CD6D7.jpg (504x768, 53K)

Yeah currently ongoing, and blatantly anti white male
Even though the white males are originally what was good about Star Wars

And you're a retard who is cucked to memes because those shots of rey are after the triple kill and she's shooting at tie fighters that are not infront of them.

Too expensive.

youtube.com/watch?v=ykXWRNZiI3M

She’s the only one with a weapon retard Chewbacca is only flying the ship, she was full range it’s not a side cannon

Attached: BEC58DBC-17C8-400F-87C6-BF54C8C7D1A7.jpg (600x600, 57K)

Uhm... Empire can't discriminate based on ideology. It has to hire people of all spectrum

Don't forget that they are also still trying to cater to the female audience for whatever reason, some idiot told them the men will throw money at anything SW, all they have to do is seduce women and make twice the profit.
Men throw money at Star Wars when it's good, not because there's a recognizable logo.

Attached: 20190621-womengalaxy-blog.jpg (550x442, 99K)

Just finished making this!!!FACT!!!

Attached: star wars 9 from outer space.jpg (590x836, 94K)

It's not Bob Iger's job to know what to do, he hired KK to specifically do this job. Why is she paid millions as Lucasfilm CEO if she isn't responsible for anything? Typical female mentality. Her job was to hired talented creatives to push Star Wars forwward. What did she do instead? Hire no-talent hacks who are just loyal friends to her, surf on identity politcis to generate buzz on twitter, have no respect for the fans or the material.

Attached: _86115039_gettyimages-492474254.jpg (976x549, 66K)

I really want to fuck this bitch!!!FACT!!!

If they are lined up like that anyone can make that shot

Mark Hamil was a little against

Why are tie fighters lined up in the first place and not in formation and hitting multiple targets like in episode 4

>Why are tie fighters lined up in the first place and not in formation and hitting multiple targets like in episode 4

Don't waste your time. This bootlicking fucking asswipe will use any excuse for that fucking faggot and his shit movie!!!FACT!!!

Chance
Have sex

>Have sex

When some feminazi and/or one of their SJW white guilt numale closet faggot lapdogs calls you an "INCEL" or use their generic insult "have sex", it's because they can't form a coherent thought let alone a counter argument, it's because women are nothing more than three holes which is why even the ugliest, fattest, poorest amongst them can get laid whenever they like. Withholding sex from men is the only power they have. Without that they have nothing and are nothing but herpes riddled whores!

And the so-called "men" who use those words are even worse because they're virtue signaling numale cucks who think that they'll get some of that sweet college/university hipster chick pussy when those women will be fucking Chad Thundercock and only settle for them once they're looking to nest with a beta orbiter provider after they're done riding the cock carousel!

No one self-identifies as "involuntary celibate". It's something roasties project onto men who don't put up with women's shit. As if to say "oh, if you had sex you'd agree with me and give in to my demands". This is because women think they can get anything they want with sex and believe this because their white knight lapdogs betas would do anything for a pity fuck!!!FACT!!!