Can anybody recommend some good Christkino?

Can anybody recommend some good Christkino?

youtube.com/watch?v=R_6tJ9qk9SY

Attached: jesuschrist.jpg (468x700, 45K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HhCdfnv21NQ
youtube.com/watch?v=HytrKvXGljc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The Boondock Saints

— «THE PASSION OF THE CHRIST».

— «SILENCE» (2016).

— «IGNACIO DE LOYOLA» (2016).

— «FRATELLO SOLE, SORELLA LUNA».

— «THE MESSENGER: THE STORY OF JOAN OF ARC»,

— «SANTA ROSA DE LIMA» (SERIES, 2017).

— «VISION: AUS DEM LEBEN DER HILDEGARD VON BINGEN».

— «LA NOCHE OSCURA» (1989).

Attached: F4D95069-A0C7-4415-B9FE-2761CB0B3280.jpg (1536x2048, 1.36M)

based and christpilled

thank you friendo

IT IS NO PROBLEM, FELLOW.

Attached: JESUCRISTO FLORIDO · S · XVIII.jpg (1280x853, 348K)

anons like you whitepill me. Honest thanks and praise the blessed lord

jesus christ superstar

Fiddler on the Roof

Watch my unofficial Christ trilogy:
>Passolini's Gospel According to St. Matthew (the greatest Jesus Christ film of them all)
>Scorsese's Last Temptation of Christ
>Gibson's Passion of the Christ

Watch in that order and you pretty much get a complete picture of Jesus.

>>Scorsese's Last Temptation of Christ

how many levels of blasphemy are you on ?

Attached: yeah nah ¦3inned.jpg (609x915, 88K)

Ben-Hur and Cavalry

It's a great movie. Completely different from the bible but it's an adaptation. Besides it makes you like Christ as a man rather as a symbol which I think is important. The first film (Gospel According to St. Matthew) is a literal adaptation of that book, the dialogue is lifted verbatim from it. It's a masterpiece but it can leave one feeling very cold about Jesus himself.

Meanwhile Gibson's Passion is an extraordinary film but it doesn't give you much time to get to know Christ. That's no fault of the performance - Jim Caveziel does a fantastic job. But if you don't love Christ before you watch it, it doesn't have the same effect.

> Completely different from the bible but it's an adaptation.

you mean the inspired word of God which is the sole revelation of His nature and the sole inerrant rule of faith ?

> Besides it makes you like Christ as a man rather as a symbol which I think is important

if you think the Eternal Living Creator God; Jesus Christ is a symbol you have a deeply flawed Christology -- if you think He is hard to like, you have a bigger problem since it would indicate you remain in rebellion against the One who made you

and if you think the satanic blasphemy of Scorcese is in any way preferable or more palatable to the eye-witness accounts which God has preserved for us in Scripture; you are placing a false image of Jesus in front of that which He has deemed necessary for man to know, and that's the very definition of idolatry

Attached: whole in ur hed.gif (433x344, 258K)

Gets it
Passion of the Christ isnt scripture nor does it purport to be, it simply illustrates the non-physical suffering God underwent on earth. The reason his sacrifice means anything is because he turned himself into a man and had the same wants as men do, he of course overcame them but there was great suffering involved, hence the temptation.
Great trilogy mate

Oops I meant last temptation not passion of the christ

Thank you. Exactly, it's a 'what if' story. It's not gospel. The other two, especially St. Matthew, essentially are. Although Passion does go into Gibson's own very Catholic interpretation of the text while Passolini's film is about as accurate as you can possibly be.

Attached: foryou.gif (320x228, 1.78M)

you don't get it

Last Temptation portrays Christ as a self-admitted sinner

this in itself is an unadulterated blasphemy

there is much, much more that is absolutely wrong with Last Temptation; but if you and the other guy prefer Scorcese's Jesus to the real one, have at it

just be aware that is something you will have to answer for when you stand before Him as your judge

Attached: i'm in ur intranetz cleenan al ur pooles.jpg (540x540, 37K)

make sure you stick to Euro films rather than American flicks.

Attached: christian films.png (1213x789, 1.57M)

jesus was a gay tranny

GOD'S NOT DEAD HE'S SURELY ALIVE

youtube.com/watch?v=HhCdfnv21NQ

You're not even wrong, bro. When will they cast Jesus correctly?

Attached: jaysus.jpg (549x503, 46K)

That's why I said watch it as the middle chapter of a trilogy - the other two films being two of the most accurate adaptations to the Gospel.

defend the inclusion of that shitty ignatius movie.

I don't prefer it, it's just a movie ultimately. that's not how I think of Jesus.
I understand your point with the "I'm a sinner" line and a few other things but my faith is strong and mature enough that something as trivial as a Hollywood movie isn't going to shake or pervert it.
But hey maybe I should reexamine if I can watch it again in good conscience, right now I just know I enjoy movies and this one makes me think about the human side of Jesus. If you got something like that I can try I'm all ears

Fuckin yuropoors

History Lesson with Toffee and the Gorilla
youtube.com/watch?v=HytrKvXGljc

You sound like a Jew. And I don't mean that in the /pol/ way, I mean you sound like one of Caiaphus's followers from the Passion.

pic related is the best Jesus kino with Jesus as side character.

Attached: barabbas-1962-07-g.jpg (996x1000, 158K)

Interesting

Conan the Barbarian
Arnold was the best Jesus

This is good

Attached: deluxe-poster-digital-version-the-apparition-august-3rd_large.jpg (680x507, 78K)

this isn't false, this can even be fun if you already have a strong understanding of scripture & faith to uphold you... movie is surely full of various heresies but watched in the proper spirit one can still rejoice

>That's why I said watch it as the middle chapter of a trilogy

why would you throw a heaping helping of filth like Last Temptation into anything, let alone films you claim to be accurate portrayals of Christ ?

i could understand if this was a 'rec me some gnostic heresy, bros' thread, whereupon you could include it alongside Jesus Christ Superstar with maybe an adaptation of the Gospel of Thomas, but if you're wanting to talk legitimate spirituality as defined by God Himself, nah, Last Temptation is the exact opposite -- a bastardised stillborn thing best left to rot where it lies

>but my faith is strong and mature enough that something as trivial as a Hollywood movie isn't going to shake or pervert it.

your faith is so immature you can't tell milk from festering pus -- Last Temptation being the product of diseased and disordered minds which rebel against their Creator and wish to sully his name by making Him to look as much a sinner as themselves

that's why i say if you prefer that man-made image of God rather than that which God Himself has specifically preserved for us so as to know Him, and to know His will for one's life, you're an idolator

Attached: if u knew what the raven represented, u might have some idea why i chose to represent my poast with (848x458, 217K)

I never said it was accurate. OP asked for ChristKinos.

kek

X-Men: Dark Phoenix
The Dark Knight
Superman Returns

Yes I can post one and I’ll also post my analysis because I think it’s interestingandrelevant. Memoirs of a Sinner.
“Do continual devotions not make a farce of them? It would be like reading the Bible and the jest-book, turn and turn about. The world would become a medley of absurdity and confusion” —mirth-ironic synthesis—
“Yes to the wicked all things are wicked, but to the just all things are just”
“It’s good knowing the justified can do no wrong”
These are some of the quotes that lay the foundation to Robert’s subsequent tale “whereas it must be a relation of great and terrible actions done by the commission of heaven”
Robert’s corpse looks directly at the camera and says
“I know thy works, thy labor and thy patience and how thou canst not bear them that are evil. And thou hast tried them who say they are apostles and are not: and hast found them liars. But I am against thee as thou hast left thy first love. Be mindful therefore from when thou art fallen: Do penance and the first works or else I will come to thee and will move thy candlestick out of its place” Wojciech Has directs this harrowing beginning statement from Revelations 2:2 with the utmost sincerity

Robert is the son of his mother’s priest. He’s obsessive, pale, can endlessly recite bible passages. Robert has autism and his brother born of Robert’s father by title, does not. A ‘double’ comes to Robert through the mirror above his fireplace, exclaiming to be his brother not through flesh, but through the similarity of principles. Robert tests him “if you’re one of those who expect acceptance with God by virtue of good works I will hold no communion with you” he’s jaded
The double replies “have no fear, I, too regard human righteousness as trumpery and believe in that sublime truth that the sinner is welcome into covenant with God. I also have reason to believe that this confidence and trust will ensure you acceptance into that covenant.”

Attached: 329C55EE-D9A6-4294-BFDD-A7DF0CC85063.jpg (220x316, 25K)

Next time we see the double his face morphs and he sort of comes to represent this colonial might lording over and advising Robert, the new actor bringing a sort of charming aloof self assurance in mannerism. He tells Robert “I will put your courage to a test of an unusual nature; one dedicated to God must raise himself above common humanity. You have a blood brother. What do you know of him?” Robert replies that he’s a sinner steeped in vice “it has been decreed by above. He must fall by your hand.” Robert is reluctant. “The feeling is natural. Consider, however, which bonds are strongest those of a carnal nature or those of a vow? Consider also the great advantages of acquiring his whole estate...” Robert replies “I despise all selfish benefit save that which enables me to do good” the double replies “ the longing to do good is an absurdity. Besides only recently you said the opposite. Come, my friend, let us depart, you are dreaming” then the double blows a breath all over his face and they walk off, the double holding his musket confidently and triumphantly, Robert mirroring the musket holding awkwardly.

Robert goes to an inn and tells his brother that heaven has decreed that he must die, Robert looks crazy, him and his brother (Gustav) go back and forth leading to this great scene with Gustav’s hand stretched out over the table in attempt to make peace “say that our reconciliation is complete” the focal point dimensions of the shot and focus on Gustav’s hand is fantastic. Robert fails, Gustav throws him out. Robert goes back to his father and tells him he believed he came across an angel of light but now has his doubts, his father basically unknowingly gives him the confidence to trust the double further.

Attached: 6FBD8C6C-900C-4C63-93BD-CDAD243D4619.jpg (1000x733, 396K)

Robert goes back to the inn, sees the double, sits down and says “I go no further in this work” the double replies “ do you not believe me?” “Yes, but I do not comprehend you.” “Then challenge your brother to a duel. Are you afraid?” “No, but I’ve become haunted by doubts. Fratricide is a terrible sin.” The double replies “This is imbecility itself. Do you not acknowledge that God has decreed whatsoever comes to pass? Then how can you suppose you can avoid one action whether good or bad?” Robert replies “ what thine hand wants to do, do it with all thy might for none know what a day may bring forth.” The double points at him “That is, none of us knows what is pre-ordained but whatever is pre-ordained, We must do.” These conversations are so excitingly funny, it’s not intellectually pretentious, it’s hilariously sincere, which entails a much more evocative truth, mirroring the warm innocence clashed with the disturbing curiosity of the initial conceptions of cinema

When Robert kills his brother the double tells him “Now you have finally done one good thing in your life” this draws powerful associations of early Christian philosophy and colonial right to conquest, the double in his morphed form is the stark image of the very idea

Attached: A717735E-3472-4343-B6B3-8F79576FBCCA.jpg (1047x524, 28K)

Theres a lot more that happens after this but the trick is that the double throughout the film, though categorically portraited but never outright acknowledged as the devil, seems to be tempting and manipulating Robert, is actually an inevitable blameless half creation of Robert and half actual agent of heaven. He’s an antagonizer sent from heaven in the sense that he’s an inevitability of Robert’s existence and he actually is sent from heaven. Every word he says is true, in the mirth ironic sense. He’s never played like some wisecracking intellectual devil, more so aloof and fully confident in his faith. He dies with Robert and shows sincere sadness at their downfall. Then it’s discovered that the story is being told during the resurrection of the last judgement. Robert tells his story, and then burns his memoirs in the fire, purifying himself. All supposedly inevitable to bring Robert to this point of repentance and soulful maturity

The film like most of Wojciech’s works could be taken from a psychological or secular point of view, and that’s what makes everything so hilarious is the sincerity of faith in which it’s delivered. This is Wojciech’s specialty, a sort of skeptical-mysticism or mystical-skepticism, as skepticism is worthless in itself and mysticism is semi-worthless in itself. A true inner synthesis must be brought forth, a sort of smirking acknowledgment, skeptical-mysticism is mirth-irony. But all in all what Wojciech is saying is that this is the plight of the archetype of the righteous in the world. A rogueish sort of antagonizer is sent as an instrument from heaven to cause it’s target to metaphorically kill his whole family and himself, as predestined in the words of Christ “father against son” all inevitable and startling true.
Mirth irony.

Attached: 912F734C-FA0D-4BF5-8DD7-5E61F58CF20B.png (1024x576, 423K)

Cringe

and my point is, Last Temptation is the furthest thing from Christ you can get

Attached: i'm not saying - i'm super saiyan.jpg (461x403, 31K)

>not understanding the symbolism of capeshit
dumb faggot

Man of Steel
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice
Justice League

>not understanding the meaning of christkino

That one where he's graphically beaten and executed

So... Passion of the Christ?

>needing christkino because you can't read a book

last temptation is repugnant in its abundance of perversion of scripture. it's in every frame of the thing as though carefully designed to lead people onto the path to the wide gate. what it does to jesus is profoundly blasphemous but i feel like people are tricked into not seeing it as such because of the novelty of trying to convey through cinema what it was to be both fully god and fully man. it traps you in this mindset like "yeah well bro i like cant even into hypostasis so whos to say it dont really do be that way" with this and prefacing the film with lol its just based on a novel relax, and at this point you're ready to accept anything and it's the pernicious ("subtil"?) little details the films rife with that snake their way into a persons head. things like paul in the end saying the idea christ was raised is more important than if he really was (what happened to "if christ is not raised ..." lol), or satan kissing the holy wounds, or jesus waiting in line at the brothel (scandal isnt real dude dont worry!), or the john the baptist scene where theyre all treated like a bunch of possessed pagans, or or or. it's EVERY scene, it's in the details, and the premise of this film is hoping at least one of them seeps into peoples' beliefs so as to sow unease, doubt, disbelief..... please don't recommend this film, especially not to people trying to find their way in the faith.

Attached: 714492797.jpg (800x648, 163K)

What are some Jesus movies where he uses his super powers?

The lion King (2019) unironically

Calm down. Jesus was just ye olde capeshit.

Imagine being a Protestant h*ly shit

Attached: repentence.jpg (850x400, 183K)

Interesting that there isn't a single Christian filmmaker on the left (some raised into it, like tark) but most directors on the right are. Well, as much as an american evangelical can be.

shitty bait image also excludes Scorsese, who's Catholic.

Bergman was an apostate Lutheran

y'know... the denomination that takes its name from Martin Luther ?

y'know... the dude who started the whole Protestant Reformation ?

y'know... the thing that's Protestant ?

y'know... not Roman Catholic ?

all that aside, his reflections on the Christian worldview are trash

beautifully shot, hauntingly evocative trash

Attached: ¦3.png (33x33, 862)

Here are recommendations on Logos/Christian cinema by theme, not directly (but a few are) about Christ.

- Blade Runner
(Deckard is a ruthless cop who finds his soul via becoming Rachel's protector)
- Shawshank Redemption
Self evident. Extremely powerful human drama about love, care for the wretched, redemption, etc.
- Zulu (1964)
Honour and Bravery
- High Noon (1952)
Justice, Duty, Love.
- Lord of the Rings
Epic fantasy with core Christian themes
- The Matrix
About a nihilistic individual realising his own self worth and potential through love, courage, and sacrifice.
- Ikiru (1952)
Useless government worker gets cancer and sees to using the most of the time he has left.
- Alien (1979)
Good vs Evil in a dark future with the human spirit vs ruthless machine/organism.
- Rocky (1976)
Man everyone, including himself, has given up on, is given a chance to go the distance, and through love and redemption he finds his self worth.
- The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly
Amid a hunt for treasure a battle of good, evil, and the wretched plays out. The end, and the final decision of the man with no name, shows the virtue of mercy despite wrongs faced.

Jesus of Nazareth is the comfiest christkino

The Young Pope

zeffrelli was a fag who got off on homoeroticizing saints and christ himself. at least pasolini was decent about it.

Silence is really good.

>pasolini was decent about it.

saying that though man, pasolini was openly homosexual from his early days, and several of his other works were promoting cultural marxism or self-degradation

BBC's Apparitions

Attached: p01l303g.jpg (624x351, 55K)

Andrei rubilev is my favorite christian film. I don't like movies that portray the judeo christian works. The passion and the last temptation are straight up exploitative garbage.

>ctrl-f
>no monobrow christ
shame

Attached: Gospel-2.jpg (1280x720, 94K)

saving christmas lmao

That's true

Attached: 1554581866136.jpg (319x475, 23K)

based