Which is more kino?

which is more kino?

Attached: yX3w4vn.jpg (3264x2448, 706K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KPJxmBAqRls
youtube.com/watch?v=W82YyP9nleQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The one written by John Milius, I own both though.

Hard to say. They are not about the same thing. Individual descent into madness vs. a collective experience, except perhaps Private Joker. But then there's no comparison - Willard's tale is more kino than Joker's.

Full Metal Jacket. By a reasonable margin.

the one that doesn't look like a 80s teenage comedy

Apocolypse Now is literal kinopgrahy and a truly engripping experience. Possibly one of the bet films ever made. FMJ is also kino but it more popcorn kino than Apoc. Now

Damn. . . I like both. Gonna vote Full Metal Jacket for no other reason than there are less cuts of it.

Attached: It Ain't Me.webm (1280x532, 2.96M)

Apocalypse Now. Just got the 4k Final Cut set today. Gonna watch the Hearts Of Darkness documentary, never seen it.

The extended cut of Apocalypse Now contains a lot of unnecessary shit that test audiences didn't like.

apocalypse now was fucking garbage. havent seen full metal jacket

americans should not make movies

>The original 1979 70mm exclusive theatrical release ended with Willard's boat, the stone statue, then fade to black with no credits, save for '"Copyright 1979 Omni Zoetrope"' right after the film ends. This mirrors the lack of any opening titles and supposedly stems from Coppola's original intention to "tour" the film as one would a play: the credits would have appeared on printed programs provided before the screening began.

in the true sense of the word? Apocalypse Now and it isn't close.

based but then bluepilled

post Top 10

Apocalypse Now i find to be an incredibly overrated drag-ass film.

FMJ is a fucking masterpiece though.

Gabagoola is a hack piece of shit. Kubrick was whatever but any movie he's made is superior in every single way.

Apocalypse Now. No reason except I liked it more.

Holy shit that sounds pretentious

It's incredible how good this movie looks.

Apocalypse Now. But I also really loved the book Heart of Darkness and the whole idea of a trek deep in the heart of an alien landscape filled with unimaginable horrors is a cooler concept than FMJ's concept. And I think Apocalypse Now pulled off what it was trying to do extraordinarily well.

Full Metal Jacket is a beautifully shot film with a great first half and then it suddenly, almost shockingly changes pace into the second half and honestly it just drops off for me personally there. Apocalypse Now is another very well shot film that tends to be long but the story is so well done that I can't help but feel engaged throughout so I have to give it to that movie.

the home release is like that and it's great

>americans should not make movies
non-american delusion never ceases to amaze. serious superiority complex.

youtube.com/watch?v=KPJxmBAqRls

I thought everyone would agree on Apocalypse Now being more kino, but I'm surprised with how split the opinions are. I guess both films can really reach out to people.

Brad Pitt=Americans breaking the semen pipeline
Bugman's arm=the pipeline
Bugman=Yurop

the imagery when they get to Kurtz's camp and it's just that mess of bloody bodies draped over ancient, thousand year old ruins in a deep jungle will never not be fantastic to me. It's an almost sci-fi, lovecraftian feeling.

checked and that's one of my favorite scenes

THIS IS THE END

Attached: Tribe2.png (1600x680, 1.53M)

>lovecraftian

Attached: 1410358884887.jpg (358x372, 43K)

reminder that Apocalypse Now is a loop
>no credits
>film starts with this is the end

More like "Apocalypse HOW much fucking longer is this going to drag on?"

>filtered

it's safe to say that most babbies in the thread have only watched the Redux cut to complain so much about how it drags on

full metal jacket

apocalypse now is boring

Based, apocalypse now is really good until that bald cunt starts spouting some pseud shit

I've seen the theatrical and the uncut and I don't really see much reason for all the added scenes but they don't take away anything from the experience for me.

Apocalypse Now is probably the "better" movie but I like FMJ much more. It's infinitely more watchable.

where is Platoon?

in the trash can

No, not really. Doing something less generic and overdone like credits shouldn't be viewed at as anything but what it is.

Attached: no.gif (478x268, 845K)

i don't need this shit, I am reality

Rent free

Apocalypse Now and its not even close. Contrarians and try hards will disagree.

You...you're just what you think you are but to me you are nothing...I am that which I wish to see and to me myself is exactly where and when I want to be at any given moment...look behind you I'm there...not physically but metaphysically...see the placement of the you and now are all based on how you perceive the here and now.

>wow, i can't believe this masterpiece had such a troubled shooting
Yes, you can, It feels messy and silly, Duvall and brando save the movie.

>FMJ?
less raw, better written, better paced.

To conclude, both are shallow American takes on war, that promise a lot but end up delivering nothing except muh war is hell maaaan, there are better war films out there

Obs.: DO NOT watch redux, it's fucking trash

>there are better war films out ther

name some

All these movies look great when they're rescanned in HD or 4K, and then appropriately cleaned of debris and stabilized.

Full Metal Jacket still looks sterile

lurk moar

Attached: Ernest_Army.jpg (220x345, 83K)

The war-is-hell trope only applies to Apocalypse Now superficially. If anything, it's just the exploration of the unknown (hence it being inspired by Heart of Darkness, except instead of colonial shit it's a distant, foreign war), and madness. Are you seriously going to tell me this scene is just "war bad":
youtube.com/watch?v=W82YyP9nleQ

Literal retard.

muh test audiences

Apocalypse Now: cinema
Full Metal Jacket: flick
In the Army Now: kino

apocalypse now is fuckin kino as fuck cunt

Hard choice. Full Metal Jacket is really good, but the first act is FAR superior to the rest. Like, FAR. Apocalypse Now is more consistent in its kino factor, but I think FMJ hits higher highs.

i'm gonna have to check out the book, but any meaning besides war brutality ends up Lost behind the theatricality of the film imo ( which, according to coppola, is not an anti-war film) i think other directors would have treated the SM with more sensibility than Coppola