Ant Man 3 cancelled

How fucked is the MCU considering how their future has been planned after Endgame?

Attached: Ant-Man 3 Reportedly Cancelled May Become Disney Plus Show.png (1147x788, 743K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/_BrITP7DZjE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Hulk: No confidence that he can carry a film
>Iron Man: Dead
>Captain America: Dead
>Thor: Replaced
>Spiderman: Rights lapsed
>Ant-Man: Cancelled

Marvel is DONE

> wegotthiscovered.com

Attached: 1522027189720.jpg (250x250, 24K)

oh man, I really liked that sequel and wanted a third film

Attached: Hannah_JohnKamen_AntMan_and_the_Wasp_1.webm (1280x533, 3M)

It was a good run. I wonder how Kathleen Kennedy will commit suicide.

Will it be pills or alcoholism?

If you losers wanted ant man 3 you shouldn't have let ant man 2 bomb

Marvel isn't DC where they make six movies on a movie that can't even get $400 million

desu I thought Ant-Man 2 was pretty meh, and it was low budget enough that you could do it as one of these shows

They literally don't have solo film rights for him, also.

>ant man 2 bomb
It made 3 times its budget m8

ant man 2 was awful

... there was an Ant Man 2?

It had qts though

A fatal combination of oral herpes and choking on jewish semen

>Spider-Man removed
>Ant-Man canceled
>50% of Phase 4 is prequels and throwbacks
>Please RDJ just one more cameo
>diversity takeover
>Hulk is an invalid, Black Widow dead, Hawkeye replaced, Captain America retired
is it finally over?

If Disney would stop spending $300 million on stupid shit like Ant Man, they wouldn't have to worry about it bombing.

>ant man 2 was awful
how come

based Shazam dabbing on your ass

Losing Spiderman must really hurt out of all of those honestly

CUTE

shit antagonist

Diminishing return have to come in at some point. It's a good time to stop capeshit

There is still Dr. Strange.

Doesn't matter if it doesn't make at least $800 million it's dead

Thor is just going to be part of the Guardians now, even though that decision completely 180ed his ENTIRE CHARACTER ARC OVER 10 YEARS.

I will watch that and Dr. Strange. Everything else Marvel can go hang.

Not at all even a little bit. People are too invested at this point. Shit...as soon as they said WandaVision's plot would tie into the MCU they got a sub out of me.

Fun fact, did you guys know he currently has the 5th longest screen time in the entire MCU.

Attached: 14956595_1188555767856695_6196887934685394891_n.jpg (586x453, 40K)

Disney know what they're doing, streaming is the future and their investing/betting big on this.

Attached: 317467624.jpg (680x497, 39K)

Yikes
Guardians is the only cool universe
Thors story is beyond retarded, it will ruin the vibe of the films

she's with star wars doe, maybe you mean kevin feige

Literally the only thing the MCU has going for it is Guardians + Thor Wacky Adventures and Dr. Strange.

That is it. They have nothing else even remotely interesting.unless they make a Cold War era Winter Soldier spinoff which could be cool.

Don Jolly made a great point that Thor's whole character arc in Endgame was basically just brand realignment.
>Dark World didn't do so well, but everyone really liked Ragnarok and Thor's parts with the Guardians in Infinity War, so Thor has to "find himself", and realise he should actually be a funnier character and go on adventures with the Raccoon.

Ragnarök had a very similar feel to both Guardians films and Hemsworth got to play the character he wanted to play (even if his version of Thor is quite different from stoic comics Thor), so Disney decided to ruin his character arc in Endgame to in order continue milking him. I think he will fit in pretty naturally with the Guardians.

How the fuck would Avengers 5 even look like?
Also there are only 2 white males left lmao, strange and Ant Man

I feel like they were depending on Spiderman to carry their new phase. Everything else is too risky to depend on. Now that he's out I foresee a lot of backtracking in the future. They definitely don't want another Star Wars fiasco.

Cinemas are on life support and fading fast and Disney knows that even the MCU can't keep them alive, so they're trying to do a quick transition to the streaming service so that they have a fully fledged revenue stream to replace cinema once they start properly dying off in the next 10 years.

Not enough giantess scenes with shrunken antman, closest we got was when he shrunk down in the bathroom and that dude came in to take a shit, it should of been a women and he should of went into the toilet.

How can it be cancelled if it was never planned?

They could do the Defenders (not the Netflix thing)
>Its original incarnation was led by Doctor Strange and included Hulk, Namor, and—eventually—Silver Surfer.

Ant-Man was a leftover that nobody really cared about. Future of the Franchise is Captain Marvel and Black Panther

It can't be cancelled if there were no plans for it in the first place. Fuck this clickbait trash.

Does this only confirms that the director is working on Fantastic Four

Ant Man still had the 5th most screentime in the entire mcu, i think its dumb desu

The future is female
The future is bleak

Attached: WOKEMCU5.jpg (1459x486, 144K)

I'm so over capeshit. If those MCU shows are really being released weekly then there will be no break from it. Why can't it just die?

Wolverine / Hulk movie
>Iron Man: Dead
He had a good run. Fantastic Four will take the science mantle from here.
>Captain America: Dead
No, Captain America will live on as different people
And Steve Rogers is still alive at the end of Endgame
>Thor: Replaced
Not so fast, Thor is in Thor 4 and maybe Guardians
>Spiderman: Rights lapsed
X-men will fill the void just fine
>Ant-Man: Cancelled
not a big a loss

>Marvel is DONE
maybe in a few decades, keep dreaming champ

I only care about Blade t.b.h.

spider-man was supposed to be the future of the studio and they are trying to play it off like it was no big deal losing it

Fantasic Four has never had a good movie, and nobody cares what minority they slap the name 'Captain America', 'Thor' or 'Wolverine' on.

This.

It doesn't help that the Chinks, Nips and Gooks absolutely love Spider-Man in Asia and are a large part of international revenue.

I really like hemsworth he's a decent actor and seems like a cool dude, and although i understand where he is coming from it's kind of annoying how frivolous he is when it comes to characters and source material.
Chris said the reason thor changed a lot and ragnarok was so different is because he was bored playing the real thor. He thinks playing the stoic god king is just really boring to do he wanted something more fun or just something different as an actor.
Like i said i understand where he is coming from i'm sure after 2 thor movies you'd be bored as fuck being generic stoic man too, but that's the fucking character you shouldn't just change an entire character because the actor is bored.
That's why they made him fat in infinity war 2 as well, chris was just down to play wacky weird thor roles instead of just being thor.

Almost like Spider-Man is a legitimate everyman

Yeah, everything else was surviveable as long as they had Spiderman as the face of the future. If people don't care about the new lineup, and they probably won't, they're fucked longterm.

>Ant-Man 3 cancelled
Welp, there goes my interest in the MCU.

Attached: COLLAGE-EVANGELINE-LILLY.jpg (687x416, 78K)

>lost the face of their second generation (Spider-Man) and ultimate cashcow to short-sighted greed
DISNEY FLEW TO CLOSE TO THE SUN

Of all of those prospective titles, Love and thunder has to be the most ill-advised. Portman REALLY cannot act beyond her persona, much less do comedy or quips and Tessa already has the snarky straight-man quipper role as valkyrie, which is the absolute total extent of her acting ability.
I really would not want to have to be a screenwriter on that project and have to work out how to write a character dynamic between those two that is entertaining, but also within the capabilities of their acting range.

Attached: GettyImages-1163290780-6e7579b.jpg (620x413, 41K)

The idea of humanising the character as he spends more time on Earth isn't bad, but they probably shouldn't have just done it all at once.

They are going to lob a ton of female superheroes at audiences and hope one sticks.

Wat? Who else owns the rights?

Kind of suprised Marvel hasn't come up with a character who's Spiderman in all but name that they can have the exclusive film rights to yet.
>Pete Barker: The Human Spider
>played by Toby McGuire

I did not like comic whor, but I'd watch hershlag thor

why come*

>and nobody cares
sorry, but the voices in your head and your /pol/ friends aren't representative of global movie audiences

Universal Movies.

They just never made one with the current actor. Hulk is just supporting cast. Now that banner and hulk are effectively eliminated by merging them, it is just big green bannon. No hulk. Who wants to see that?

>sony tells marvel if they want to keep using the rights then sony needs a more fair cut, as previously sony only gets a fraction of the profits while marvel has full profits from toy lines and such
>not even an outrageous ask, actually pretty fair and marvel would still be making millions and millions in profit
>despite being a very important part of their franchise and planned to be the entire new face of the franchise, marvel says nah and just gives up the rights
Sometimes i really wonder how the fuck executives in position to make these decisions even get their fucking job. How can you be so blind and retarded with such obvious and easy decisions.

Universal still owns them from the original Ang Lee one. The Ed Norton Hulk was a co-production pre-Disney buyout.

Didn't they get X-men back? They'll be fine

Oh yeah? Niggers and cunts going to spend money on nerdy shit now? Ask Star Wars how that's working out.

It's probably true. The masses have never really been in love with the idea of legacy characters, which is why they almost always reset to the original character after a short period. Don't know how they expect it to work in movies where audiences are peak pleb, and will probably just be confused as to why a Thor movie doesn't have Thor in it.

You mean X-Woke Gender Inclusive People?

why won't sony fucking capitalize on nostalgia being in right now and have sam raimi make spiderman 4? for fucks sake it would definitely make a lot of money

shit i mean ant-man wasnt great but it was fun i like paul rudd i guess
mcu is fucked because they were depending on spider-man to carry them in phase 4 it is obvious from the second movie but they fucked their deal up so now they are holding their dicks in their hands and if they choose a woman to carry all ensemble movies then its really fucked

How would Disney be able to do that?

Attached: cofuse.png (294x270, 91K)

It was the only MCU movie that had its own feel to it and felt separate from the MCU bullshit. It reminded me of a movie from the late 90s or early 2000s.

He said Sony, Mr. Magoo

Yes they spend money on nerdy shit where have you been the past 25+ years? Are you not aware of how many black nerds there are? You've never once wondered why almost every black kid or young black guy knows all about DBZ?
Also star wars is incredibly profitable don't pretend it's not. You can hate the shitty new movies all you want but if you pretend they're not making disney billions of fucking dollars in profit you are delusional.

You were right though fantastic 4 is shit and has never had a good movie, and nobody gives a fuck who plays who.

>Black Panther
>Cap Marvel
Yeah, worked out great for these billion dollar movies

Yeah, because it was an old Edgar Wright script from pre-MCU. I liked it too. Took me back to movies like Honey I Shrunk the Kids, where just the spectacle was the appeal.

Thor got more popular with fans after Ragnarok, so he knows his audience.

Now begins the rise of Stilt-Man!

it was just as generic as the others
but still the comfiest

The thing is, you get to do that once.
>Yeah! Diversity in Star Wars!
>Yeah! Diversity in Star Wars aga-no one cares.
The sequels to those movies will probably get significantly less attention. Especially Captain Marvel, who was a character no one really likes in the first place, playing to an audience who don't really care for the genre.

I'm thinking they didn't want MCU to be tied down to an IP they don't technically own for a decade and Sony was just gonna keep asking for more eventually.

>black panther: over a billion
>captain marvel: over a billion

they'll be fine

Attached: 1462494937022.png (657x527, 51K)

She was pretty good in Black Swan though. I think she's like Nick Cage, she just needs a good director to guide her.

Those are some terrible predictions

Disney/Marvel knows what they're doing. Either they get Sony to cave from public pressure and accept their offer (or something closer to it), or Sony tries to do their own movie, it fails, and Sony tries to sell it off to Disney again, but now at a lower price than before (Sony was willing to go down to $4 billion for full film rights) since it shows Sony can't do shit with the franchise. It only bites Disney/Marvel's ass if Sony pulls of a competent movie that people actually go to see, which is currently unlikely since Sony has a habit of never learning from their mistakes.

>sony tells marvel if they want to keep using the rights then sony needs a more fair cut, as previously sony only gets a fraction of the profits while marvel has full profits from toy lines and such
Original deal was Disney gets full merch profits and 5% of profits from opening day ticket sales; Sony gets 95% of opening day, 100% for the rest of the run, and 100% home video sales. New offered deal was Disney getting full merch (as before), funding 50% of the film, and getting 50% of all film profits - first day, theatrical run, and home video. Sony's counter offer was Disney getting full merch, and bumping first day sales to 25%, and nothing else. Considering how much effort Marvel has to put in to make sure the story is at least passable and doesn't turn into another ASM2, and the film is guaranteed to succeed because it's part of the MCU, Disney/Marvel asking for a bigger cut is actually pretty fair, but the offer they made was definitely asking for too much.

I am torn because Thor is one of my favorite characters in Marvel Comics and some of his stories (the "King Thor" run immediately comes to mind) are fantastic, but I also really like Hemsworth. He's a decent actor with decent range (he's great in Rush and Blackhat), but he just doesn't want to play serious Thor at all, which is who the character is in the comics.

Ragnarök and IW balanced the serious themes with a lot of humor pretty well and I would've been fine if they continued down that path, but the end of Endgame just destroys the main theme of his character arc (growing out of his impulsive, violent youth and taking responsibility for his people as King of Asgard) by him going "lol nope" and just leaving with the Guardians.

It was a cop out from a character perspective but pretty clever from a business standpoint.

I don't watch SW but didn't those movies--except the spinoffs--make like a billion each?

I never thought I'd actually be on Sony's side ever in my life, but I really hope they stick to their guns and refuse to cave into the Mouse™.

>two of the least-liked movies by fans
Black Panther 2 will probably do fine, albeit significantly less than the original. Captain Fungus is fucked, though. She doesn’t get to roll out the red carpet for the big finale again, and there are no interesting story arcs to use for her.

>to cave from public pressure
FEIGE ARMY RISE UP

Black Panther 2 will probably do fine since people liked Black Panther, but you're not going to be able to sell it to gormless consumers as a literal revolution a second time around.
Captain Marvel 2 might just straight up flop.

>Fantastic Four will take the science mantle from here.
not if they DIVERSIFY it like they did with the last bombed incarnation of the FF. they already have black panther for both DIVERSITY and sciencemagic anyway.

>two of the least-liked movies by incels
ftfy

Literally no one in this world has written a good Fantastic Four story besides Jack Kirby.

Yes, but Disney invested multiple billions into it by not only buying the franchise, but putting it into a Disneyworld attraction no one went to and spending money on toys no one bought.

They invested billions to make tens of billions back and they still haven't broke even because they gave the franchise to a bunch of narcissistic misandrists who alienated the core fanbase by insulting and mocking them.

Why don't they just do Wolverine or Batman

captain marvel is just going to be space sci fi adventures and crossovers with shit like gotg, adam warlock, more skrulls, the eternals, etc. all culminating in the Galactus Saga.

If the series was about Pym aka the REAL antman then both films would have made 1.5 billion dollars.

Ah. I see. I also heard they cooked their books on the parks too. I wonder where that'll lead to.

>Marvel isn't DC where they make six movies on a movie that can't even get $400 million

what does this weird esl shit even mean?

Sony's past two Spider-Man outings have been the best the franchise has ever seen, outside of the comic books themselves.

Also, they actually have the rights to the characters as they look and behave in the comics. That's that's why every character from the Spider-Man roster in the MCU was completely different from the source material.

I'm actually looking forward to seeing aunt May and MJ in a movie made with the same competence as the animated movie and the PS4 game. Sony being back in control is the best thing that could have happened to spidey.

this is what passes for film these days

Attached: oh god.jpg (1920x808, 880K)

Spiderman was honestly enough to carry them to a few billion more. They only have GotG now.

Honestly i agree. After seeing him in civil war and watching infinity/endgame and homecoming and far from home i've come to the conclusion that tom holland and marvel's spiderman is just not very good.
It's not bad, not nearly as bad as the awful andrew garfield movies, but they're still just not good. Tom holland is okay i don't mind him but i think there are better choices. The movies were okay but just so generic and boring they were identical to most marvel movies.
It needs its own style, its own flair to it.

I've come to the conclusion that spiderman is much better off in sony's hands. The garfield phase was embarrassing but i think sony learned their lesson with that. The raimi movies still remain the best version of spiderman we have seen, the PS4 spiderman game was very well done, and the animted spiderverse movie was actually pretty decent.
Sony has a much better hold on the franchise so here's to hoping good spiderman stuff in the future.

Yea what else do you expect he is a rich famous chad, he does films for fun, not for money or """recognition""", like some pretending loser.

I guarantee you thats why he likes to make comedies, just to fool around with his costars.

Attached: 1568737180294.gif (700x373, 3.77M)

People get promoted up to their level of incompetence, and then they remain there for the rest of their careers.

>The garfield phase was embarrassing but i think sony learned their lesson with that
Judging by Venom, they learned nothing.
They're going to embarass themselves again with the next one and that shitty Morbius movie

>Ant Man 3 cancelled

It was never ever fucking announced. Hell, after Ant Man 2, there were already reports that Disney didn't want to make a third stating that Ant Man would fill in the Hulk role and pop up in other films. Old news.

>know what theyre doing
no they dont, that is why in 50 years they will replaced or subsumed

And that is a good thing. I've waited a decade for capeshit to fall out of fashion, and Endgame was the push normies needed to feel like they could be "done" with it.

Attached: 1524757194351.jpg (479x750, 52K)

I'm sure Edgar Wright is happy now.

Attached: Edgaa.jpg (780x518, 34K)

I think Holland is a great Spider-Man. He accomplishes both aspects of the character well. I fell like Holland pulls of both aspects of the character well he can be the bumbling nerd Peter that McGuire was successful at but Garfield wasn't and he also gets the smart mouthed Spidey that McGuire fell flat on but Garfield succeeded at. Plus, he actually has a Brooklyn accent which was a good choice.
The supporting cast sucks and they couldn't have picked an uglier actress for the love interest. I also don't care for his adoration for Stark.
I actually enjoyed ASM more than either of these two MCU movies and of course the first two Raimis are still the King.

I'm like 95% sure that Disney and Sony will strike up a deal.

People seem to forget that the deal that they made ensured that Marvel movie release dates wouldn't interfere with the Sony CU. Without the deal, Disney could just put they're heavy hitters before Sonys movies to bleed them dry since Sonys profits are mostly from spiderman. Disney wins no matter what desu, they own the merchandise and TV rights to spidey and probably dont mind waiting.

The last Star Wars film bombed horribly and outright lost $100M. The previous one had the worst legs of the franchise and the biggest weekend to weekend drop of all time, grossing $700M under expectations. Let’s see if IX clears a billion before you declare NuWars a success

I think it was a failed attempt to mock Man of Steel for making $670M - literally far more than Captain America and The Incredible Hulk combined. Yea, even if you make an effort to decode it, it’s still a breathtakingly stupid comment - but no one ever said MouseCUcks were intelligent. Lmao

so? I already got my Avengers and Spiderman movies

how long do you think before rdj comes back? at the very least he'll be some hologram/AI in the future movies

>>Hulk: No confidence that he can carry a film
>Wolverine / Hulk movie

Nah

Hulk, She-Hulk and Amadeus Cho agaisnt Maestro

I'm sure that eternals or whatever will be aping of Guardians too since it deals with wacky space people, so that could be a hit

>being a macrocuck in 2019

no its not dummy

Jews gotta push that Robo-Nigger trope

rude :(

Keep in mind that the only film that actually made what they projected it would make was TFA. Rogue One and TLJ both made a lot of money but still underperformed and Solo was a straight up flop.

Can they still go play ball? I thought I read that Sony said the door was closed on the deal.

I loved the first ant man. The 2nd one was fine. No qualms with either of tehm. But thank god, we don't need to waste precious time on dumb shit movies they've already done everything they need to with.

Pizza Hut is closing 500 dine in locations. Pizza Hut quality has been going down for years. The boomers that own stock are promised x amount of growth every year that is probably exponential. Rather than make a little less money, they rather continue cutting things to keep the money going. Every industry seems to be running this way. There is no more innovation or quality control, just what they can cut to keep the money in the short term coming in. No one has long term insight anymore and just care about squeezing money from Goyim while cutting corners. Marvel movies clearly somewhere around Civil War cut how much they spent on special effects. This shit can't last forever at some point you have to invest in the product.

ant-man 1 is literally marvel's best film to this day

Oh look, another decent film series sacrificed on the altar of
>muh diversity

no you're not. that's the stupidest fucking thing ive read

I mean, there's another option ... and that's to make a third movie, but actually do something interesting with it. They have so much fertile ground with the Quantum Realm, there's no reason they can't do something great ... but it's a shame they decided to just spin the wheels so much with Ant-Man and the Wasp.

So has it been confirmed if Spider Man will be in the next Venom movie or vice versa?

Dr. Hulk invents a device to reverse the hulk with his big green brain.
It goes awry and Hulk and Banner split into their respective personas. Hulk goes on a rampage and Banner has to use his wits to stop him. Maybe even a Hulkbuster, Thor shows up too. He comes up with the idea of playing Black Widow shushing him and telling him the suns going down. Hulk goes berserk, things only get worse.

There I just wrote the first 30 minutes of the Hulk movie

That shit is terrible, and no it's not better than the other marvel movies.

Based SONY btfo the MCU with a single action.

money talks, my friend. no deal is ever closed

I'm checking out lads

Wow, the graphics on that look really bad, has cgi really progressed that much in that little time?

>>Fantastic Four will take the science mantle from here.
>>Captain America will live on as different people
>>X-men will fill the void just fine
>>Tons of SJW feminazi shit from now
Being THIS delusional.
Fucking fanboys...

Hope to see capeshit, SW and soulless reboots dying, one-by-one.

Attached: 1567963911306.jpg (561x1176, 119K)

It was their own fault for being greedy.

"Spider-Man"

Only care about GoG and Thor myself, so while Disney has destroyed Thor as a character, at least I won't feel the need to watch one more movie. When it gets on cable.

There was no plan after Endgame. Marvel assumed they'd be coasting on fumes by the time they got to (what they thought) was the final Avengers movie, but NPCs kept throwing their money at these movies in droves and now they are driving full speed even as the road is ending.

Mouse status: BUSTED

Yup, it's PIZZA TIME

youtu.be/_BrITP7DZjE

Attached: 1398906058669.gif (500x204, 492K)

>saves MCU

Enter CHADrington

Attached: 5bb234c501145572773f9282-750-563.jpg (750x563, 38K)

>DISNEY'S WOLVERINE CAN TOTALLY FILL THE VOID LEFT BY IRON BOY JR. GUYS I SWEAR
t. Mouse shill

Attached: 1567347351711.jpg (500x972, 74K)

Attached: Loki.jpg (172x198, 27K)

Lol, Sony will budget it smart and make good money off a spiderman movie.
Disney/marvel knows they can't wait it out that long, after dishing out all this new crap, their numbers won't be as high anymore.
Sony will have the upper hand on negotiating.
That's if the SEC doesn't fuck disney in this investigation.

>that pic
I've mostly loved the MCU up until now, but the future doesn't look bright and I hope the best for them, but if they crash and burn because of that pic, I'd be completely fine with that. If they succeed, I'd eat some crow.

They are also killing movie theaters period with disney plus. Self-cannibalizing in the long run.

I'm wondering if Disney actually has the audacity to bribe Tobey, Andrew, and all the cast of former Sony Spiderman movies to not participate in new Spiderman projects created by Sony.

Because that could actually ruin any hopes for a live action Spiderverse.

LOL! This shit is going to tank.
Endgame was the end of an era

MIKEY SUTTON FAT ASS NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP

WHY THE FUCK DO YALL KEEP TRUSTING WE GOT THIS COVERED

who the fuck is yall

Sneed Man

Coom Man

Some people only notice the ship is sinking when there is water on their lungs.

>2 ant man movies
>still nothing with women growing big or ant man going down a women's shirt

disappointing

movie came about 5-10 years too late to do scenes like that

NO
I REFUSE TO BELIEVE
SAY IT ISN'T SO
GIVE ME A SOURCEEEEEEEEEE

Attached: 1558061104468.gif (245x210, 1.47M)

The executives probably figure that based on media reporting that all their work feminist writing will help them do fine and that streaming will help create a steady payday for them that will also back up the movies.

They really don’t know how badly out of touch they are.

FUkin BASED

>How fucked is the MCU considering how their future has been planned after Endgame?
Fucked
Dc and others will pick up the slack

>and the Wasp
killed the second movie and by proxy, the third.

Can't wait for the rest of womyn stronk MCU for it to stumble and fall, bar Captain Marvel since it had such a marketing and social media blitz.

Wasp was great though. Hell, she was great in the first movie, before she was even the Wasp.

kek

She was obnoxious in the second. Just distracted from the plot, which was already a mediocre mess (magic mom), and had none of the charm from the first. Felt sloppy and loose, not as tight of a film as the first with keeping it small (pardon the pun). Russians and evil weapon supplier man were worthless side distractions used as padding.

Main 'villain' was a sympathetic one, so there really wasn't even much going for severity, felt just like a racing movie, going from point A to B.

It was a hot garbage movie with no charisma. Not that MCU movies are the pinnacle of film making, mind you.

>She was obnoxious in the second.
No she wasn't.

Great retort.
Either way, bad movie, worse than Thor to Thor Dark World, origin to sequel ratio in quality.

They essentially blew their load with Endgame. They're fucked with RDJ, doubly fucked without Chris Evans. Winged Negro as Captain America, FemThor, Captain Forehead with her inability to express authentic emotion and Token Generic Black Guy from Wakanda ain't gonna cut it in the long run, and the same goes for the other minor heroes.

Attached: acting 101.jpg (640x360, 21K)

You're wrong, Ant-Man and the Wasp was pretty great. Not epic or important to the ongoing "plot" of the MCU, but it was a fun little self-contained romp that was enjoyed by everyone who enjoys a good time.

>trusting these numbers
lmao capeshitters are so gullible. They gave BP showings away for free. It was even on the news.

I hope Kaz Hirai dabs on these greedy mouseniggers

Attached: 1545526007673.jpg (1126x1115, 205K)

Marvel Studios is a mess. A dark mark on the cinema medium.

>maybe in a few decades, keep dreaming champ
MCU is dead. Bury it.

Attached: 1547876410344.jpg (416x416, 55K)

people who think marvel is in trouble after captain marvel making one billion are retarded

Maybe they should get a professional who can earn his millions in salary by doing the job he was hired to. I don’t give a fuck that he prefers to be in genderswapped Ghostbusters, for $5Mil a flick he should be able to portray a king and not some pratfalling stooge in a puerile fatsuit making anus jokes

>Spider-man and Ant-Man were the only MCU movies I was really into.
Fuck

Firstly, they gave away free tickets to see it
Secondly, people were lead to believe they needed to see it to understand Endgame

>implying general audiences will give a fuck about Fantastic 4
>implying F4 could work at all as anything but a period piece and homage to 50s/60s B Sci Fi flicks, which they won't do because it's too weird and wouldn't fit with the MCU
>implying general audiences will give a fuck at all about a Wolverine that isn't Hugh Jackman

Attached: the mouse.jpg (500x318, 29K)

Literally the only thing I wanted to happen in Phase 4. Fucking Disney.

>people who think Solo is in trouble after The Last Jedi made 1.3 billion are retarded

Attached: 1566210711929.jpg (355x279, 50K)

stop with this fucking shit
>they gave away free tickets
>it's conspiracy
fucking retard. one billion dollars. same with black panther

deal. with it.

Am I the only one who liked the sequel more than the first film? I found the first film pretty meh.

your argument only makes sense for ix
but ix will obviously make one billion dollars. and you will blame it on the conspiracy.

>i-it's a conspiracy!
Google it you colossal retard

Also they do not own the rights.

u fuckin pussy

You idiots said exactly the same shit about Solo and it absolutely bombed. If you don't think that the brand is tarnished and 9 will make way less than 8, you are deluded. Obviously tons of normalfags will still see it, but you will see a significant drop and after 9 is inevitably mediocre at absolute best, Star Wars will be dead in the water. Nobody will give a shit about Rian's trilogy.

I googled it and it just says it's a alt-right debunked conspiracy. just like pizzagate.

Femthor or Whor was trash and fucking sucked balls.
>only redeeming quality was unworthy Thor, but they already blew through that with Endgame when Thor was worried he wasn’t worthy for a few scenes

Aw man, I liked Ant Man, Paul Rudd and Evangeline Lilly were fantastic. I was looking forward to seeing how they closed their trilogy.

They have no future

I kind of torn. I think having a proper Thor on screen would be a nice thing, but at the same time I love what they have done with him in Ragnarok onward.

I'm confused, at the end of Endgame he left Asgard behind to chill with the Guardians, but now he's back with Valkyrie and Jane and Agard?

chill ant-man 3 coming in phase 5 its not going to disney +

>believing disney's creative accounting
hey user I have a bridge to sell you

To be fair, Ant-Man and the Wasp didn't feel like a movie as much as it did a weekly episode in a TV show that was stretched too thin. If anything, a move to being one fully would be better for the undercard characters like Ant-Man that are more fun to watch but get less effort dedicated to them.

are you the guy with the weird birthmark spot on his cheek?

>Fantastic Four
fantastic four is the most cursed ip in existence

brainletwojak.fgt

>Ant-Man and the Wasp didn't feel like a movie as much as it did a weekly episode in a TV show that was stretched too thin
This is how I feel about almost every MCU movie. Like they're just episodes building up towards the Thanos season finale.

is Disney+ literally the dumping grounds?

Shame. I actually like Paul Rudd and Wasp lady.

>oh no Disney is done!
They got the X-men and the Fantastic Four. If they took a story line similar to Johnathan Hickmen's run on the Fantasic Four, they could carry the whole franchise with ease.

Fantastic Four is literally the worst capeshit franchise ever adapted
Not in quality, I mean success
Every single F4 movie ever made is ass

>comparing Fox to Marvel story telling
While I have no love for the mouse, least Marvel would release something better.

Marvel storytelling is Netflix-tier.

idiots, ant man movies are comfycapekino
Ant Man fucking stole the show in Endgame AND the clusterfuck that was Civil War

because it's not the source material

> it's almost 2020 and fags on Yea Forums are STILL betting against the MCU.
the absolute state of this board. as long as feige is there, they will not fail. he's a 1) a nerd like us and 2) competent. that is key, he's fucking good at his fucking job

> thor will flop, nobody can adapt space vikings into a movie
> cap will flop, you can't sell america to the world so close after bush
> guardians? a talking tree and raccoon? hahah that will be the flop that breaks marvel's back
> doctor strange? he's a fucking c-list character, that will flop
> black kangz? that'll flop
> captain marvel? that'll flop
> spider-man? another reboot? no chance in hell

jesus christ, you dumb fags don't learn, the MCU lives and dies with feige, when he goes it'll be gone. this is like some nintendo is doomed since 1889 meme. there is ZERO chance fantastic four will flop, we're going to get based reed and doom done right as probably the next big bad

So it'll better, nice.

>Thor is just going to be part of the Guardians
I dearly wish for this to be the case, only thing I really care for in the MCU, but I have this feeling, deep inside of me that Disney will somehow fuck it up.

capeshit is canceled?

Attached: 1467221321637.gif (482x344, 1.84M)

The beginning of the end.

They’re moving it to Disney plus so their streaming service can have more material for people to watch. It’s literally going to be capeshit and starshit 24/7

Ant Man and the Wasp flopped so I'm not surprised tbqhwyf

I think Holland was the best choice for Peter Parker/Spiderman we've had so far. Watching him cry in emotional scenes, like where he was lifting the rubble from him or facing Mysterio as he tried to shoot him was soooo good.
Having said that, I wasn't a fan of his entourage, I don't MJ or Ned or Flash, etc.I think a Holland film by Sony might be a good idea.
Also perhaps giving us a different Spiderman too. We've had Peter Parker three times now, at least the MCU gave us Iron Spider. Give us something whacky that we haven't seen before, like 2099 or something.

you guys know one viewership is at an all time low for MCU and star wars, that is when they will make the inevitable star wars marvel crossover movie

Hank Pym made the movie great though.

In what way was she obnoxious? AMatW had a lot of problems, but Evangeline Lilly was not one of them, she worked great with Rudd and Douglas.

I'm not sure about the first point, but I certainly think the second is a vast contributor to it's success. If they release Antman 2 one month before Endgame too it also would have made a billion dollars.

Hulk's problem is that universal still owns the distribution rights.

If somehow they manage to integrate quickly X-men/Deadpool and F4 also reintegrate Spiderman and Venom they'll be fine

I mean they built a billion dollar franchise with B or C list heroes but so far I don't give a shit about phase 4.
Maybe they should ditch the "universe" and just do anthology movies based on various crossover events from the comics, allowing characters like Iron Man or Captain America to be recast and do another continuity

Attached: 1560220784938.png (980x1040, 972K)

Ant Man 2 was more important to the plot of Endgame than Captain Marvel

I mean does anyone really care after endgame?

It felt pretty good to just end at that point

I didn't even finish the second movie. Was he upstaged by wasp?

>Stan Lee dies
>MCU dies with him

I can't say I'm surprised.

The only DC movie that made less than 400 million was Shazam and that still broke even unlike Ant Man 2

>I mean does anyone really care after endgame?
No. But Yea Forums needs capeshit to masturbate to.

The mcu is on a downward trajectory, but it will be a long and slow death. Their are plenty of faggots that will pay to see strange 2, guardians 3, Thor 4, mcu x-men, mcu FF, and avengers 5. And panther 2 will undoubtably do well cause blacks won't let it fail. And there is the possibility of sony and marvel coming around on spiderman, so that would be another movie faggots will insist on seeing. The mcu will fizzle out, but it will be another 9 or 10 years wherein they'll be enough money makers to keep the train rolling. Wish it wasn't true, but everyone is just too goddamn invested to quit this shit completely.

>The mcu is on a downward trajectory
This is the new "superhero fatigue" assertion.

Why do black women lust after white men so much? It's kind of creepy, desu.

Will Black Panther 2 join the first movie in the African American history museum? (lmao)

>not a big loss
kill yourself yuman filth

Its not that they dont have faith in Hulk. They dont own Hulk so they cant make a solo film for him.

>Sometimes i really wonder how the fuck executives in position to make these decisions even get their fucking job.
Dicksuckin', of fucking course!

Attached: 1476163976283.jpg (219x230, 5K)

In ten years time literally every mcu character and property worth doing will have had a complete trilogy. By then we'll have seen these mofos fight every worthwhile villain. They'll probably build up to a two parter with galactus. After that people will absolutely be fatigued cause the only place to go will be to reboot and nobody will care for that.

The rumored Wolverine vs Hulk movie might inject some life into the franchise but overall it's pretty dead.
Don't really like the idea of some characters branching out into weekly/monthly/whatever series.

Considering how bad the second one was I really don't mind. No plot, no character development, characters regressed to what they were at the start of the first movie.

hopefully the the investigation goes well for them.

The bad guy was pointless and not a threat.
The overall plot was "use a McGuffin to save Science Mom, stuff happens along the way".
Science Mom literally handwaves away Black Woman's disease with seconds to spare.
No character or relationship development since the last movie.
Scott helping Pym goes against his motivation from the last movie. He helps because he "feels like he has to" while he risks the daughter he spent all of the first movie protecting.
There are zero real stakes. Pym can use the McGuffin at any time, they're not in a rush.
Scott's mental connection to Science Mom was ridiculous and unreliable.

She was obnoxioisly MOMMY

Attached: tumblr_inline_pl1476vGCa1v9iecl_540.gif (540x240, 2.24M)

>they gave away free tickets to see it
That isn't as annoying as the fact that they bought out every single screen in so many theaters such that unless you lived in a big city with dozens of cinemas, there was a pretty good chance that the opening weekend, the only movie you would be able to see in a theater was Captain Marvel.

first you complain about ant man not making enough now you complain that its not going to have a 3rd movie.

I like how she's completely forgotten in endgame. I get why but still it's pretty funny.

fucking GAY

ITS X MAM

Maybe you shouldn't kill off your white male heroes, Woke Marvel. Generally speaking white men are box office draws and carry films. But go ahead and have fun with dyke nigger Valkyrie.

Considering these factors + its massive marketing campaign + the media shilling it then reaching 1 billion is not a triumph. It's an inevatibility.

Its gonna be a make or break entirely on its supporting cast, Jane is the weakest character in the Thor movies and without big tits and mad doc around its gonna go tits south fast

>Make fuckloads of money off "diversity character"
>Do it again
Okay but let's see them do it a THIRD time, psh, not likely, sjws btfo.

> it's almost 2020 and fags on Yea Forums are STILL betting against the MCU.

Crazy right?! I member when DCfags were beating the drum that Marvel was gonna be dead after the original Avengers. It's a broken record at this point and when they can make billions off of C-Listers like Cap Marvel and Black Panther, you just gotta stop betting against them.

it's not like those films were good or even spider-man films to beginn of. none of the supporting cast nor any of the villains motives was anything like the comics. also they ruined spidey by writing him as an emasculated loser, I don't think he does anything cool or smart even once in 4 movies

>nobody will watch a reboot

Dude, you're on your what, like 6th Batman reboot? And fans are more hyped than ever.

Spider-man is the only big-name character who could be the face of the MCU at this point; nobody else has the star power. I think maybe they wanted to push Captain Marvel, but Brie Larson is a fucking charisma black hole so that's right out.
I'd expect them to pump out an X-men film ASAP to try and recover, but hasty casting and production might only dig a deeper hole. Disney-Wolverine in particular has to stand up to Logan which was really well regarded. Deadpool's also well established as an R-rated series, so they need to decide whether to let Reynolds continue, or recast and hope they don't fuck that up.

> that feel when no sleepy tshirt gf gf

All true but at the same time Disney has the monster of continuity in the movies to deal with.

Reboots in comics are one thing and they're nothing short of pure fucking messed but trying to reboot the movies while keeping a resemblance of continuity is just next level full retard

why won't sony fucking capitalize on nostalgia being in right now and have their studios make actual games? for fucks sake it would definitely make a lot of money

Biggest characters they have left are Thor, Black Panther, and Dr. Strange, none of which are leadership material.

Like you said Captain Marvel was the original plan but godamn Brie is just pure meh.

If they had played their cards right I think Wanda and Vision could have taken over for Ironman and cap but Disney is determined to push them straight to TV tier as fast as possible

I think he felt he had to help because a) he was in a relationship with Hope and wanted what was best for her, and b) he felt he owed them a favour since he took the suit to Leipzig.

I think Dr Doom will be their next BBEG, I'll watch the odd one I'm interested in but more than half of the stuff they've announced really doesn't draw my attention.

Sony has always taken a pretty decent backseat to letting devs make their own games with OC stuff or Sony owned property.

Plus it's best to not just flood the market with spiderman games, 1 or 2 spiderman games a gen has always been fantastic

>They only have GotG now.
Yeah, because the director has no bearing on how good a film series was.

I was totally shocked that this was a white male / black female relationship. Also her dad was an Observer.

>her hands at the start
why did she act so cute here? what was the point?

Faggot

>I love what they have done with him in Ragnarok onward
Barf
>I'm confused, at the end of Endgame he left Asgard behind to chill with the Guardians, but now he's back with Valkyrie and Jane and Agard?
There has literally never been even the pretense of continuity between films. Tony retires / no he doesn’t. Spidey doesn’t take the Stark suit / yes he does. Banner will be trapped as Hulk / oh wait he can’t even turn into Hulk. Bucky’s in Wakanda / J.K.
Stop pretending to care about Lore that the writers don’t give a shit about

>the Stark suit
One of the things I dislike(d) about MCU Spider-Man is that Peter never fucking invents anything. It's all just free shit from Stark. He's supposed to be smart and innovative in his own right.

Is this gigantic superhero engaging in sexual intercourse with a semi truck?

This, Miles Morales has been the best spidey since Tobey. MM is personified "with great power comes great responsibility" while Tom is "hehe My mask has VR so I can watch MJ peg me, THANK YOU MISTER STARK!

If you get super sized, does you sperm too? Like what if you ejaculated, does the sperm heads come out looking like tennis balls with strings at the end or something? Just wondering haha.

Hehe

who?

batman isnt rebooting retard

He wasnt even the best spidey in his movie. Chad spidey and depressed spidey and noir spidey were far more kino.

Captain Marvel only succeeded due to the fact that she was sold as the secret weapon for Endgamd to defeat Thanos. No way Galactus could be built up to that level if tyranny as Thanos. Plus with the new wave it'll actually be Stronk women vs big white male

Yea but I viewed Blonde/washed up Spidey as Tobey, and iirc he was supposed to do the voice. Noir Spidey was cool as hell but we didn't get much but a few lines and an introduction

Just a constant conflict between directors and writers that will always exist.

Always thought this was the only way it could go after endgame. Madame Webb would be kino. Build the new universe round your strongest franchise, Spider-Man, and it would be a cool way to get round how bad fantastic 4 is by including them in the first movie, like their from a para-lel universe.

Attached: E7F2E63B-F1FE-444C-BEFD-6DE4481D03F1.png (620x478, 419K)

This desu. Can’t wait until they finally get rid of that faggot cuck Peter in favor of the superior spider-man, no pun intended

They only grossed that much because people needed to see what happened as part of the universe as a whole, stand-alone they would of died a death.

what we need is a fucking white MJ

I LOVED Ant-man but AM 2 was complete filler and only designed to set up plot points for Endgame while resolving shit left over from Civil War. It wasn't its own movie. If they do another one I want it to be its own thing and a nice self contained story!!!FACT!!!

>A fatal combination of oral herpes and choking on jewish semen

If that were possible it would have happened decades ago!!!FACT!!!

>P-pls do my research for me

Post your proof. If you don't have any, and you believe it anyway, you're dumb.

Now that Disney owns Fox and most of the remaining Marvel characters (apart from Spider-man and Hulk) the question is "how can they bring X-men and mutants into the MCU?!?". Then there's their desire to make Professor X and Magneto black. I actually don't have a problem with this but the question is how can they?

The answer is obvious. In Avengers: Age of Ultron, we know that Hydra used the Mind Stone to give Wanda and Pietro Maximoff abilities. Instead, how about retconning it that the stone simply unlocked dormant mutant genes (the X gene) that were already in them thus giving them powers.

Given that Earth was ground zero for the Snap, have it that its affects reverberated through time both future and past. Earth starts seeing more and more people born after the Snap with mutations and strange powers/abilities. At the same time, its affects traveled through the past as a result of the Time Stone so there have been increases in mutants being born. 0-10 years is where it started reaching saturation levels to the point that Governments can't keep it quiet. 10-20 years ago there were less, 20-30 years ago even less and so on and so forth.

Retcon Peter Parker as one of these people. He's supposed to be 16 when the Snap happens so that would fit perfectly. Better than that stupid radioactive spider shit. When mutants started being born around the world, they were mostly aborted within the womb because defects could be detected through ultrasound or outright murdered once born and their mutations were obvious. But a lot slipped through the cracks because most mutants don't develop their powers/abilities usually until puberty. That would also explain why Peter Parker doesn't have his powers until being a teen.

As for Professor X and Magneto. Both are born in the late 70's and come from two very different environments. Prof X was born and grew up in the USA and lived a life of luxury, never facing much hardship due to his wealth and was able to use his powers to get what he wanted, facing little or no opposition apart from being able to hear what people really thought of him being black. So he has experienced racism but chooses to see the good in people because he's never experienced them at their worst.

I only watch capeshit for the mommies

Attached: 1566269257265.webm (1006x792, 2.77M)

Magneto, meanwhile, grew up in the late days of colonial oppression in Africa and saw not only racism but that both whites and blacks were murdering mutants, so that his hatred of humans isn't some pleb "FUCK WHITEY!!!" bullshit but aimed at anyone who is a treat to mutants of any ethnicity. He saw white Africans shooting young mutants and also saw poor African villagers killing mutant babies and shows that prejudice runs across the board.

That is how I would include the X-Men and Mutants into the MCU!!!FACT!!!

Ant man was honestly quite enjoyable for what it was - a straightforward action comedy with a shitload of money behind it.

It's your research, and if you weren't a newfag redditor you'd already have seen it when it happened

agreed, the only one that approached "humor"

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WHY ANTMAN AND NOT BRIE SHIT

I actually LOVE fat Thor. My problem is what they did with Hulk. Hulk was just Ruffalo in a mo-cap suit and they gave him absolutely zero character. They should have made it that Hulk is soo smart educated, cultured and sophisticated after five years that he becomes a massive snob. Contrasting that with Fat Thor would have been comedy gold!!!FACT!!!

Proof that Marvel doesn't want good film-makers, just corporate drones conforming to the standards and worrying over the bottom line
Imagine how much fun a Wright-directed Ant-Man could be

>This is how I feel about almost every MCU movie. Like they're just episodes building up towards the Thanos season finale.

This is why I loved Aquaman and Shazam soo much. They felt like self contained stories that left the door open for more. They also embraced the craziness of their comics fully unlike Marvel which always feels like they're holding back GOTG 2 is the only one that reached that level of bombast and insanity which is why I adored it!!!FACT!!!

>that pic
lamest ability too

>the absolute state of this board. as long as feige is there, they will not fail. he's a 1) a nerd like us and 2) competent. that is key, he's fucking good at his fucking job

Don't be too sure about that user....

Victoria Alonso has been with the MCU since the beginning, having been a producer on Iron Man and involved with every MCU flick since. She's also a man hating dyke, who hates the title "X-Men" because it has the word "MEN" in it, and she's the one who's pushing this forced "diversity" SJW feminazi shit into the franchise. I get the feeling that she's taking over Phase 4 and Kevin Feige is rolling over because he knows they'll #MeToo him if they don't get their way, same way Disney got rid of John Lassiter because he wouldn't churn out endless sequels.

Fine. I didn't pay to watch Captain Fungi, didn't pay to see Endgame because of that blockhead bitch and wont pay to see any MCU movies that caters to these rabid zealots who push this shit and yell "THIS ISN'T FOR STRAIGHT WHITE MEN!!!" and when it fails they start screaming "WHY AREN'T YOU BUYING STUFF THAT WE DIDN'T MAKE FOR YOU SEXIST, RACIST, HOMOPHOBE, INCEL, MANBABY ETC...".

Women are natural born destroyers who take everything men build and bring it to ruin!!!FACT!!!

Attached: Alonso.jpg (1234x2082, 638K)

>Get hired for a job
>Delay it for 8 years
>>Wtf why can't I make movie that goes against what my employer wants

how quickly the tide turns

Attached: dc.jpg (600x300, 17K)

>Maybe you shouldn't kill off your white male heroes, Woke Marvel. Generally speaking white men are box office draws and carry films. But go ahead and have fun with dyke nigger Valkyrie

I don't have a problem with a black Valkyrie but FOR FUCK SAKES don't hire some ugly cunt when they could have hired my beloved Freema Agyeman!!!FACT!!!

Attached: freema-agyeman.jpg (968x645, 47K)

>tfw no superpowered autist black gf

>This, Miles Morales has been the best spidey since Tobey.

Instead, how about the two of you take videos of your mouths and assholes being drilled by nigger cock and send them to your Father since you clearly hate him soo much. Of course if you're black you wont know how to contact him!!!FACT!!!

It's going to be Star Wars 2.0 from the looks of it. I'm just waiting for Kathleen Kennedy to drop her mixtape.
I'm so proud of my decision to stop watching Marvel shit after Endgame.

And to people who are still watching MCU after Endgame.. just.. why?

Attached: 1511960666958.png (250x222, 101K)

>34 KB JPGI'm sure Edgar Wright is happy now.

Season 1 of SPACED is the only great thing he's ever done and he's an overrated twat!!!FACT!!!

>Also there are only 2 white males left lmao, strange and Ant Man
So what? you only like movies with white males?

Attached: 1566689629384.jpg (1417x768, 351K)

Holland is PERFECT for Spider-man, I don't hate the diversity casting because that's how New York schools look these days and I FUCKING LOVED Homecoming which encapsulated everything the character is about while allowing him to be his own man by stopping the Vulture on his own at the expense of his happiness. That's Spider-man to a T.

Problem with Far From Home is that despite giving me the two things I wanted most from the sequel, Peter in Europe and Mysterio, it felt too BIG. Spider-man is a CRIME FIGHTER and the climax of Homecoming is him trying to stop a heist which was perfect.

Mysterio's plan should have been something small while it relied WAAAAAAAAYYYY too much on Stark, who was used perfectly in HC, despite him being dead.

Then that bullshit about Fury being a Skrull brings the movie down by hitching it to that WRETCHED FUCKING CUNT Captain Marvel.

Imagine if that shit didn't exist and at the end of the movie we see Fury and Hill turn into Skrulls and see the real Fury/Hill in status pods in some Skrull facility. That would have been FUCKING AWESOME and perfectly set up Secret Wars.

FFH is a 5/10. If Captain Marvel didn't exist it would have been 7/10.

I'd like to see a Spider-man movie where being Spider-man has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with his real life. You see him being a kid, fucking around and once in a while cut to some big action scene and when it's over it goes back to mundane daily life shit!!!FACT!!!

>Pizza Hut is closing 500 dine in locations. Pizza Hut quality has been going down for years. The boomers that own stock are promised x amount of growth every year that is probably exponential. Rather than make a little less money, they rather continue cutting things to keep the money going. Every industry seems to be running this way. There is no more innovation or quality control, just what they can cut to keep the money in the short term coming in. No one has long term insight anymore and just care about squeezing money from Goyim while cutting corners. Marvel movies clearly somewhere around Civil War cut how much they spent on special effects. This shit can't last forever at some point you have to invest in the product.

You basically explained why NAFTA and Free Trade has killed our economy over the last three decades!!!FACT!!!

>>saves MCU
>>Enter CHADrington

That dead eyed zero charisma non-entity dipshit couldn't carry a fucking toilet paper commercial. He's such a pathetic nothing of a person and character in GOT and everything else he's been in!!!FACT!!!

>So what? you only like movies with white males?
These comic books became popular featuring white male heroes, I guess that's what the audience wants. Why do they expect the audience to like something they're making completely different? Why not create new things instead of hijacking existing material with gender swapping? Aren't they confident enough to create their all female heroes?

>be Disney
>in talks with Fox for decades about acquisition
>Captain Marvel due for release in a few months
>get close to striking a deal to acquire Fox
>deal will mostly be paid in shares in Disney stock
>deal will finalize after Captain Marvel release
>can't have Captain Marvel bomb, which would reduce Disney's stock value
>movie is projected to not do too well, especially in China
>can't bomb
>send employees to buy out entire Captain Marvel showings around the nation
>YouTube changes algorithm
>RT redesign
>RT stops accepting reviews below threshold
>Metacritic drops user scores
>"Journalists" in a tizzy
>Twitter in a tizzy
>Half empty theaters
>insanely low critic and user scores (the ones they let be posted)
>Hollywood accounting
>Prelude to the biggest movie ever
>Captain Marvel becomes 6th most profitable release in movie history
>but numerous reports of empty or near empty "sold out" showings for Captain Marvel
>Fox thinks these numbers are legit, finalizes the deal
>movie tanks in China
>Disney shares drop slightly
>Fox gets fucked over
>The Mouse gets away with it?

It's not just the Disney/Fox merger, they also had to top WB/DC's Wonder Woman which did 821 mill worldwide. Anything less than a billion would have been seen as a failure and would have made the Fox boyout more expensive.

Plus you have to take into account that Feminazi's and their SJW white guilt numale closet faggot virtue signaling lapdogs are easy marks who will white knight someone (Anita Sarkeesian) or something (Captain Marvel) using their own money like the suckers they are and all because Daddy (The Patriarchy) didn't love them and hand life to them on a silver platter!!!FACT!!!

>These comic books became popular featuring white male heroes, I guess that's what the audience wants. Why do they expect the audience to like something they're making completely different? Why not create new things instead of hijacking existing material with gender swapping? Aren't they confident enough to create their all female heroes?

It's really about getting attention that they didn't get from Daddy aka The Patriarchy which is why they go after ANYTHING that white straight males enjoy!!!FACT!!!

My brethren. It's a really, really fucking awkward situation where the actor is a good fit for the character, but the script lets down the character, the actor doesn't really care and neither does the audience because they like what the actor's doing.

What hurts the most is I think comics Thor ISN'T "generic stoic man", he can have nuance and yes, humor in a good storyline but it's all weighted on a solid bedrock of drama. Really Hemsworth wouldn't have to change /that/ much to play a good Comics Thor, the parts of Endgame where Thor's fucking torn up about redeeming his failures or taking on Thanos carried over a bit of the good IW fire. I hated Ragnarok, but fucking loved what little there was of Thor in Infinity War because of how for once it fucking aced a setup from another movie's end credits.

And now Love and Thunder's apparently taking the focus off Thor himself, so whoop de fucking do

I mean to be fair
What DOES DC have going for itself right now?

>Mera in jail for mutilating Johnny Depp
>Shazam was kinda eh at the box office
>Tom King in charge of the New Gods movie (for those not into Yea Forums shit, imagine Rian Johnson if he lived up to all the memes about him)

I guess there's Wonder Woman but little I've heard of the next movie doesn't inspired me. Cheetah just isn't a cool villain, give me more god shit dammit. Hell, give me Mila Jovovich as Grail while I'm still in fantasy land.

Just add more propaganda.