Why do people like the Skeksis?

I'm curious but can't exactly put my finger on how the skeksis seem to be the most memorable group in the Dark Crystal. What makes them so interesting compared to other bad guys of other shows, even though they seem to have no redeeming qualities at all?

I mentioned the new show to some older friends and they immediately remembered them, but couldn't even remember the Gelflings names.

Attached: skektec.jpg (1200x680, 52K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yMmE53Uae3Q
youtube.com/watch?v=wFUEDLralhY
youtu.be/k501YF4vbz0
youtube.com/watch?v=3f4THKvsEbg
youtube.com/watch?v=QXCcqwBaocc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

They're based on satanic jews.

Because zoomers are contrarian shitheads acting up because society has become so comfortable for middle class white boys that they have never known consequences. Because of this, they view any hero character played straight as a "Mary Sue" and any villain as "based".

the skeksis are alot more interesting than the gelflings, both visually and in character. drinking the little twinks is a pretty based thing to do and genocide always resonates well with the chins

Childhood is thinking the Skeksis were scary as fuck.

Adulthood is watching the Netflix series, rewatching the movie, and realizing they were based.

Childhood is becoming interested in the occult because of Dark Crystal and other good fantasy.

Adulthood is plotting the destruction of the human species with it.

Cause they have great banter.

Also it’s nice to see bad guys that relish in their evil.

This.

Why the fuck are jannies deleting Dark Crystal threads now.

Aight this thread will be deleted again by fucking jannies

Attached: URSKEK.png (813x811, 570K)

Who is your favorite Skeksis?

Attached: SKEKSIS POWER RANKINGS.png (699x968, 397K)

Probably because it's about a show that's actually worth watching.

We can't have that on Yea Forums - cancer memes and trannies shilling for blacking disney shit

CEASE ALL MERRYMAKING

>even though they seem to have no redeeming qualities at all?
They have very human emotions. Fear of death, for one. And they like scheming, and bullying, and delighting in each other's misery, and genocide. They're relatable.

I guess it's because muh antisemitism

SkekTek, SkekOk and SkekMal

SkekTek and SkekSo tied. It used to be SkekTek but SkekSo's speech about muh dreams got to me.

Chamberlain>Scientist>Emperor>Hunter>General>Heretic>Professor>the rest

They also sometimes seem to have some genuine niceness shine through, throughout the series
>The Scrollmaster humoring Brea, standing up for her and giving her a hug
>SkekTek caring for his pet creatures
>SkekSil not wanting to genocide or go to war

>can't discuss it on Yea Forums
>can't discuss it on Yea Forums
I am absolutely convinced it's just one guy with an irrational hatred for this franchise
Threads on both boards have always been comfy and relatively civil, there's literally zero reason for any of this.

Attached: 1568157288248.jpg (526x360, 56K)

>SkekSil not wanting to genocide or go to war
lol

Skeksil is best bird by far, but I loved Skektek and for some reason I enjoyed seing Skeklach on screen because of how grotesque and repulsive xer was

Attached: 1568705671679.png (396x339, 198K)

because Jannies on Yea Forums and Yea Forums have fucking shit taste.

Spinel spam is fine apparently...

SkekSil is the advocate for moderation, because he understands that genociding the gelflings will lead to shortage and eventual death.
He has a very specific view on life and death (which he lays out to Rian). He does not think gelflings to be equal to Skeksis, but he does not want to wipe them out

>tfw the merrymaking never ends

Attached: skeksis-pepe-chamberlain.png (694x634, 49K)

so who's the janny tranny that keeps deleting our threads? they need the peeper beetle treatment

one of the best additions in the show. I love how they sprinkled in some moments of sympathy and humanity, but still let them be wonderfully over the top, entertaining, evil villains

Chamberlain > Emperor > Scientist > Heretic

Attached: 1568503019374.png (1276x2824, 3.3M)

Attached: 1568738541121.gif (284x300, 2.74M)

Post the pic with the old gelfling and the general and priest

It has been asked whether puppet waifus are 2d or 3d.
After thinking on it, I'm going to say 3d.
They exist physically in real space.
You could fantasize about getting a puppet-job.

Don't act like it's not your fault Chamberlain you WHIMPERING WORM

Attached: janny_on_the_case.png (1366x675, 890K)

hope we get six inch figures that aren't funko garbage. I want a full skeksis collection

>The General and some of the others seem disturbed or at least have a "wtf" moment when Skektek stabs Mira
>Skektek and Aughra had apparently been friendly at one point
>They didn't go full genocide mode until they got hooked on essence
They're still mustache twirlers in the most wonderful way possible, but I like that there's at least some depth and humanity to it at a certain level.

Attached: SKEKSIL SIN ROPA.png (551x551, 677K)

This show advocates unity among the downtrodden against a minority of powerful oppressors that look and act remarkably like Jews. It's a threat to the divisiveness that has been built since the Global Financial Crisis. One little seemingly insignificant thing like a fucking puppet show of all things, can stir in the people an attitude that builds on itself into something very dangerous. Stick with Joker, Sneed, and videos of men getting their dick bitten off by dogs threads.

>The Scrollmaster humoring Brea, standing up for her and giving her a hug

tbf I think it was more to keep up the benevolent ruler act that out of genuine kindness. I love how he can Skeklach was buddies tho, and how he lamented her passing, funny but also gave his character depth "Poor Collector, Skeklach never hurt anyone who didn't deserve it"

Attached: A couple of besties.png (1280x573, 691K)

He will go on to be the most based boomer in the Resistance

Attached: im_not_that_old1.jpg (1912x5120, 1.34M)

it seems them and the mystics started out similarly morally grey before the split drove them further and further apart. Skeksis in the show are like deranged inbred royalty, but by the time of the film have degenerated even further into maniacal evil overlords.

Attached: Check emmMMMmmmm.jpg (1280x720, 166K)

Also when the general kills the Al-Maudra, the ritual master is also like
>bruh

>Jen getting hypnotized by Chamberlain

youtube.com/watch?v=yMmE53Uae3Q

Do Skeksis have magical powers?

>>The General and some of the others seem disturbed or at least have a "wtf" moment when Skektek stabs Mira

Chamberlain weirdly enough actually covers his face/eyes. Could just be because hes grossed out tho

Our so-called mods exiled us to Yea Forums... Destroyed board culture... Our /general/s... Our honour. Our threads have been deleted on our board,
My threads... on their hands.
They are the faggots.
All Yea Forums and Yea Forums mods will cease the deletion of Dark Crystal threads immediately...
Or suffer the consequences.

Attached: IMG_1297.png (442x597, 480K)

This. You can think of the Skeksis as wealthy elites that want to drain the middle class dry and take everything away from them. If you do that, you'll only have poor people left and no one to buy your shit, pay taxes, etc and Skeksil realizes that. It would have been too on the nose but they could have done something like "when Gelfling gone, bring others from other lands to replace them...and drain them!"

Skekso is so wholesome

Attached: 70019069_123892068609464_6005398821495709848_n.jpg (493x563, 84K)

>I think it was more to keep up the benevolent ruler act that out of genuine kindness
Maybe when they arrived in the castle, but when Brea and the Scrollmaster talk about books in the carriage, he seems to look curious about her knowledge about books.

He a gud boi
If my finger fell off I'd be prone to genocide some lesser lifeforms too desu

Attached: SkekSo2.jpg (1151x1427, 515K)

These are the first properly written bad guys in years.

Skeksil is just that much of a smooth talker

Attached: 1568650901413.jpg (1960x2234, 356K)

Need a NO FUN ALLOWED edit for this

>Yea Forums mods destroy DK threads
>Yea Forums mods destroy DK threads
Where the fuck are we supposed to go next, /tg/?

Yea Forums when that crappy game comes out

Shit, maybe. They're nicer than the average board. Should we appeal to them for asylum?

Skekso by far, both for looks and personality
Skeksil is soulless even for literally soulless demon lizard vulture alien Jew monsters, he didin't want to go to war because it would be inconvenient

Cute

On one hand, I'm glad a show so based was made it triggered Yea Forums and Yea Forums jans for literally no reason. On the other, it's a damn shame this bullshit's happening with zero explanation, especially to a show as great is this. It might have been the first time anyone on this site has so unanimously loved something as a whole in years. And we can't have that now apparently.
No matter what anyone says, AoR will always be /ourshow/.
This show was the only reason I came to this godforsaken site anymore. Guess I'm finally free.

Attached: 1568612950785.png (1072x1018, 49K)

>he didin't want to go to war because it would be inconvenient
ding ding ding, correct

game?

>The highly anticipated Netflix series, The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance, comes to life as a thrilling tactical strategy game! In the Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance Tactics, fans will have an opportunity to experience the fantasy world of Thra by playing through–and going beyond–the events of the series. Players will even encounter never-seen-before playable characters, stories, and environments.

Don't worry, it looks like ass.
youtube.com/watch?v=wFUEDLralhY

The fact that all of the Skeksis are actually completely horrified of the first draining, to the point where the brute Skekvar screams a sincere "what have you done?!" While the emperor just laughs like a maniac is actually quite interesting, there used to be some good in most of them

>fantastic design
>impressive puppeteering work
>distinct bombastic personalities
>10/10 VA work
>scary when you’re a kid
>each scene packed with tidbits revealing their character or history
>they get away with all of it too

>t. butthurt nigger

What was this look meant to convey?

Attached: bMYtUz5.webm (800x450, 354K)

You can tell he was thinking something amongst the lines of "you fucking moron there was no need for that, now how do I damage control our way out of this"

HUP

A

KEK

Attached: dark-crystal-aor-hup.jpg (1284x856, 84K)

They're a classic example of a non jew making something blatantly antisemitic, but not getting called out on ever because "why do you see jews in these monstrous, manipulative, power hungry, birdfaced monsters?" would immediately follow.

Wotto is an example of George Lucas (a christian) doing this exact same thing. No one is ever going to say that its antisemitic because they're simultaneously admitting that Jews act like these villainous characters.

Come, come, make comfy threads yes? Asking only for statblocks hmmm?

Listen, faggot, I'm not the one listening to rap and using rap slang while pretending to be a crusader for white nationalism.

Maybe, all we might need to do is start threads talking about World building, giving the Skeksis stats and similar stuff
Also Dark Crystal is prime bait for HFY fags insisting that works without humans or standard races will never be popular, that can work too

Attached: SKEKSO THE EMPEROR SKEKSIS.jpg (769x1000, 278K)

>, I'm not the one listening to rap and using rap slang
Who the fuck says I do you retard?

>Stands up against the Hunter
>Gets thrown like 20 feet across the room
He tried

Damn, it's true.

We've had atleast two bumplimit threads over there, and for something not 40k or mtg, that's pretty good.

not him but I think you're projecting a bit user

Yea Forums says you do. Based is not an adjective.

this will hurt so much...
why am I emotionally invested in a bunch of old, evil rotting vulture-alien-monsters

Attached: pd3vw3lTam1wa7o90o1_500.jpg (500x743, 84K)

No, zoomers are just cancer.

Who says I use "based"?

Jk Rowling’s bankers are another classic example.

Skeksis sounds like sexys.
Coincidence?

*boomers

>While the emperor just laughs like a maniac
And he was already doing darkening shit at this point, so he's probably pretty off his rocker already.

You both suck shit.

youtu.be/k501YF4vbz0
In the deleted scenes he got one hell of a funeral

>Deet's throbbing monstrosity

>cool ornate designs
>entertaining personalities
>irredeemable villains to the point that they bicker and backstab even amongst themselves
>based Chamberlain

Skekvar seemed like a bro. It seemed like he was genuinly loyal to the emperor and trusted in the chamberlain. Skekso seemed kinda down when he found out he died aswell

Attached: 8ce.jpg (680x698, 37K)

SkekTek has funny orange hands

>triggered Yea Forums and Yea Forums jans for literally no reason
People, mostly for fun, draw parallels. It's only a small portion, but certain things should not be said.

So I'm interested in watching the show, do I need to rewatch the movie (it's been like 13 years since I last saw it and I don't remeber anything) or can I just jump straight in?

>SkekTek has funny orange hands
They're lace gloves

You'd like that wouldn't you.

I wonder who could be behind this post

Attached: 156513298112df61c512e9f31ed7c85aae7a47633d.jpg (769x1000, 117K)

Nope just jump right in. Both orders have their good points.

No, you don't need to rewatch the movie since the series is a prequel.

Attached: 1568650648959.gif (560x420, 113K)

Skekso definitely saw him as some kind of pupil

Alright thanks man

lmaooooooo nigger lmaooooooooooooo

>and trusted in the chamberlain
Too pure and innocent for this world

Says the wigger.

Skeksis dancing is the best thing ever. EVER.

SkekSo confided in him, he trusted him the most. Probably not a lot, but still.

Okay, that's awesome.

i don't act like a nigger, but I am white.

Your entire generation is so fucking niggerized you don't even see it. You can't even speak without sounding like niggers anymore. Everything you believe, everything you listen to, everything you enjoy is black as fuck.

You may not like it, but SkekMal is what peak Skek looks like.

I bet even the emperor fears him, since he seemingly hasn’t reined him in

They have a ton of character and are fun and silly

Skekvar is the leasr likely Skeksis to betray someone, he had no reason not to trust him completely

Where can I buy pic related for Halloween

Attached: 0a1a7e800cd6d84b7e125148c679522f.jpg (540x960, 100K)

Even Yea Forums?

SkekTek is the most loyal skeksis

I've heard somewhere that the strongest Skeksis by a physical standpoint is still the Emperor, Skekmal is probably just much more agile

Well, you're not wrong.

It's the culmination of the Jewish brainwashing - white = lame, black = cool.

>by a physical standpoint is still the Emperor,
His face and claws were rotting off. I could believe it before he started fucking around with the darkening, but not by the time the show started.

You just KNOW he's gonna snap some day, he can't be trusted

Agreed. Although SkekVar is a close second.

It's from "thank you based god," it was originally a Christian meme response to a militant athiest punk band name, and entered rap later.
>blacks
>creating

Why didn't they fully strip her clothes off like they did to the Chamberlain?

Attached: Dark-Crystal-Seladon-Skeksis.png (1635x786, 1.81M)

Hero characters can be played straight and not be Mary Sues. People also don't always think villains are based, especially when they have stupid motives. Thanos, from the Avengers, is decidedly unbased.

Especially Yea Forums. That's why using "based" as an adjective refuses to die. You have literal neonazis using a term created by a double-digit IQ nigger rapper unironically. There are multiple words that are filtered that are straight out of black twitter because white boys couldn't stop using them incessantly.

They're fun

>poor little gelfling girl

>based god
Explain how this makes sense. Go ahead. What does "based" mean in this context?

Not on Yea Forums they can't. They either have to be anti-villains or anti-heros. Nothing else will be accepted.

>Thanos, from the Avengers, is decidedly unbased.
That's because reddit likes him and you're just being contrarian again.

SKEKKED.com

Everyone wants to see naked Skeksil, no one wants to see naked Seladon.

On the other hand, how strong would you have to be to regularly take in the darkness without falling apart much faster? I can believe that he's still the strongest during season 1, but not for much longer.

You know the answer, but I guess you can reason it to be that the Skeksis find Gelfling disgusting and don't want to see their junk.

the chamberlain is right, the skeksis are to gelflings what the gelflings are to worms

there's nothing wrong with feeding on them

If anything the general and the emperor are retards for wanting to drain 'em all instead of saving some for later consumption. This is a mistake that vampires always seem to make.

Why even do this? it looks like complete shit

Dark Crystal MMORPG when?

Too small to get proper leverage for ripping maybe?

It's magic, I wouldn't be surprised if the darkening powered him up like steroids before ultimately rotting him

Design, voice acting, dark 80s fantasy feel. The Gelflings are bland and forgettable, Skeksis are Unique, eternal

I love my bird husband

>sexually dimorphic species
pukingskek.tiff

That pissed me off in iZombie.
Multiple characters in that show develop a philosophy of
>this is evolution in action
>it's us or them
>inferior humans should either die off or turn zombie

And yet some of them never ever think about the fact that without humanity they'd starve

I wonder what Chamberlain's Mystic counterpart is like. His utilitarian and measured approach could indicate that their original Urskek form was either the most benevolent or the most fucked up of the bunch.

Seladon go home

His mystic half is called something like the storyteller or similar I think

UrSol the Chanter, apparently. I wonder if all his chants are lies.

>voice acting
Seriously though, I had watched the movie with my little brother back in the day. He had completely forgotten about it until I did HHHHMMMMmmMMMmmm impressions.

Everyone always takes Chamberlain's word that they absolutely need essence to live for gospel even though the Hunter and Heretic's very existence prove they don't.
He's clearly just attempting to justify their terrible behavior because he's just as much a lazy shit needlessly scared of death like the rest of them, how does everyone miss this?

Attached: 1566578493131.jpg (500x500, 54K)

>Even Scientist specifically says 50 Gelfling every trine will keep them immortal
>'Ok'
>Approximately two sips of essence later
>'Actually, fuck that, drain em all'

Jen is an example of a hero played straight that people enjoy.
Reddit likes everything, if we were to dislike everything they like we wouldn't like anything. Reddit notabley likes the skeksis as much as these threads do.
However, to humor you, another unbased villain is the prophets from Halo.

Two guards stand by two doors.
One tells only lies.
The other one also tells only lies but will also genocide your people for conversion into delicious blue stuff.

The Hunter has been living an entire life healthy, they haven't and now they're too far gone to exercise
It's their only choice

They got a lot of airtime for villains. Normally we dont see all the plotting and intricacies of the life of villains, they just appear when interacting with the heros.

Essence makes them drunk/high

>I wonder if all his chants are lies.
Or Cassandra truths

No

No it isn't, they all would have lived to the great conjunction regardless. They'd be a lot more old and decrepit probably but they'd still live. They're just vain, greedy fucks who don't want to answer for their actions.

Only reason emperor is melting is because he’s messing around with the radioactive goo

the creators knew what the people wanted

Attached: 1568251210891.png (1024x731, 617K)

It's not really explained that much, but didn't the whole draining the crystal kind of backfire on them? As in it's become this vicious cycle of addiction that might've helped in the beginning but can now only go one way. And it was not exactly proven to have helped them cheat death at all in the first place.
Could also be because they're generally much bigger hedonistic degenerates than the Mystics who seem to be doing fine.

SkekMal lives a lifestyle of paleo OMAD + HIIT cardio, with regular extended dry fasting periods while being in a meditation induced mental state of pure motivation
also no drugs
be like the Hunter

he cute
I love how skeksis could all rebel and overthrow the emperor since he's not even the one who has direct control over the arathim, but just choose to let him have his fun for some reason

Attached: 69449601_183696939322413_6340108899997535337_n.jpg (480x480, 58K)

Watch the movie, the Master dies of old age and takes the emperor with him

they definitely need the essence to live

Who's ready for based Skekung to keep that faggot Chamberlain in check in season 2?

and they also gave them silly voices which makes them sound rather fun as opposed to threatening

the only villain i truly hated was soldane

Wasn't it the other way around? The Emperor was all decrepit and shit, probably from fucking with the darkening.

Skekso is a savage, the last time someone questioned his authority be bashed their skull open with a sceptre

one of the new jannies must have an axe to grind
comments on Yea Forums that make fun of trannies are being deleted lately too, i notice

The Scientist could overthrow all other skeksis if he had a 3 digits IQ

Skekung more like SkekDUNG mmMMMMM?

Attached: 69219582_673920363077822_3732473093527683052_n.jpg (480x480, 128K)

Same reason pirate crews don't murder their captains, there has to be some level of control. Of course there are mutinies, but that's generally when the crew decide the current captain isn't doing his job, and skekSo seems to be well-liked in the court. Individuals can plot for power too, but then skekSil exists, doesn't he?

>Watch the movie, the Master dies of old age and takes the emperor with him
It's not the other way around? Emperor rotted away so his counterpart also died. Then the show comes along and suggests it's because the Emperor was hitting the darkening pipe too hard.

the darkening isn't canon

>anons who were kids in 1981 are lumped in with "zoomers" now
are we just separating this in to zoomers = alive and boomers = dead at this point, or what?

Yeah, they honestly seem to like him, even if it's just based on his ability to shout the things they want with the right timing.

I LIED

Attached: 1568605431999.jpg (769x1000, 159K)

He wasn't dying of old age, it was the result of years of fucking with the Darkening. You literally see his deterioration of doing so in the show, he'd have been just as healthy as the other Skeksis if he wasn't fucking with that eldritch death magic.
In fact, NONE of the recorded Skeksis deaths in the franchise so far have ever been from aging. It wouldn't even make sense, they're all the same fucking age.
Based retard

Emperor please, the cat is already out of the bag

They added the Darkening in the show, in the movie cannon the Master intentionally ends his own life to create chaos among the skeksis and thus increase Jen's chances for success.

a true Chad he is, helps that he is voiced by pic related

Attached: Zhukov.gif (440x300, 3.93M)

>hi how y'all doing
>I am sad to hear that you are all overweight and struggling to make it to conjunction
>and also er... body parts rotting away
>this is very serious situation
>I need you to lose turdy pounds in one munt on a low carb diet
>binging on high-carb high-sugar Gelfling is simply not acceptable

Attached: dr now.jpg (570x760, 61K)

If I were a neet and didn't have to waste time being a productive member of society I'd 100% make a Chamberlain suit.

He can be pretty intimidating. He schooled Aughra in episode three, even though he was dressed like an old British lady. I'd follow a guy like that.

Attached: 1568666203100.jpg (360x250, 91K)

CHAAMBERLAAAAIN

Attached: [email protected] (420x420, 76K)

even if they're not more moral, the younger version of skeksis in the show are definitely more reasonable

>little arms in the back

Fuck I didn't see those before. Dammit this sculpture is so pretty.

There's always a faggot like you in every thread making every discussion about zoomers vs boomers, or chads vs incels, or redditor vs 4channers, it is possible that the skeksis are well crafted villains with funny voices and amusing specialties. But no it all has to fit into some larger framework for how your schizo-autist mind parses reality. Everything is part of some overarching pattern.

Pretty much, verbally standing up to Aughra is no small feat

>light beams appear
>noooo let me out I need my essence.

>mfw this series hits literally every fantasy genre trope that I like
Not even LOTR does that.

Attached: 1568636930850.png (2000x1600, 913K)

Skesis:
>Powerful warriors in-universe
>Smart & innovative
>Technologically and magically adept
>Entertaining
>Funny
>Distinctive personalities
>Great in-group interaction
>Great design/puppets
>Best dialog
>Badass
>win in the end

Gelflings:
>Manlets
>stupid
>weak/shit warriors
>bland
>whiny
>all look the same
>most cringe dialog is theirs
>characters are far less interesting
>Gelfling-only scenes are boring
>get btfo over and over

Can you list them all?

nobody cares and everybody likes Skesis. Fuck off with your obsession.

pretty well-rehearsed considering he's only like the sixth skeksis to die. ever. I kinda doubt humans had ritual pinned down that well by the time of Human Death #7.

You forget that the Ritual Master has had about a 1000 trine to develop it. And he's not that busy.

Skeks fukkin' love their rituals and ablutions, there are like 18 max and they still made sure to designate a Ritual Master.

Rhe camaderie between them, sure they all are petty assholes but they still got each other back and chill out together.
Except for Chamberlain that guy is a douche

>Reddit likes everything, if we were to dislike everything they like we wouldn't like anything
so you're finally beginning to understand

ACCEPTABLE Yea Forums TOPICS:
>anything /pol/
>BLACKED
>pedophilia
>feet/tits/various female body part worship
>mutilation/death vids
>even more /pol/
>steven universe
>pairings
>capeshit
>Jordan Peterson
>stale memes like bane/sneed
>roastie btfo
>shit/shonen anime like One Piece

UNACCEPTABLE Yea Forums TOPICS:
>Dark Crystal
>muppets
>good anime
>new and innovative memes
>Chill apolitical shitposting-free discussion of television & film

SkekZok had a lot of time to plan and rehearse this shit with the rest of them.
Not like he's doing much of anything else.

Attached: CUTE.jpg (912x821, 134K)

What are ablutions?

why would they? somebody's got to be the boss, being leader of a small group is usually more trouble than it's worth, and the emperor isn't half-bad at it.

A ceremonial act of washing parts of the body or sacred containers.

that's the funniest part about skeksis, even if you defeat them they win by becoming shiny space gods

Just google it dude
>1. formal: the washing of one's body or part of it (as in a religious rite) - usually plural
>2. ablutions -plural, British - a building on a military base that houses bathing and toilet facilities
I think you can figure out which one fits better.

You gotta kill them to rob them of their victory.

from two directions, yeah. it became an addictive cycle AND the crystal had less and less to give

>the Mystics who seem to be doing fine
hard to follow the causality there, since the lives of a pair are connected. if the skeksis prolong their lives via some unnatural means, the corresponding mystics' lives are prolonged too.

Yeah, but if you kill them they become dead shiny space gods. Not much of a victory in that case.

Heretic and Hunter are highly unique. Nothing they do proves anything about the norm.

>*Rian's father and love-interest die*
>Rian: "meh whatever, I can get a new one"
>*the hunter is about to die*
>The Emperor: "DRAIN. THEM. ALL."
based skeksis

Could just feel the rage building up as he picked away at his talon, that scene was great. And disgusting.

Because cartoonish evil is fun. It also helps knowing that they are intrinsically incapable of being any other way than they are, being quite literally half-beings - devoid of compassion, regret, mindfulness, remorse, and introspection, while being all drive, ambition, greed, and hedonism.

There's a not-so-veiled metaphor in them and their counterparts - materialism versus spiritualism.

They're only unique because the rest of them are slobs. Hunter is /fit/ and Heretic just sits in his house all day making puppets and doing drugs.

Attached: BcPOvrp.jpg (2744x1228, 248K)

I was trying to reference the scene where the skeksis kept asking that

Chamberlain all the way. I love the conniving bastard.

And the spiritualism is also bad, considering the mystics sat and did nothing while Thra got fucked

>Heretic and Hunter are highly unique. Nothing they do proves anything about the norm.
What? It proves what happens if you don't do whatever the norm is.

Rian is a fucking sociochopath. Remember when Gurjin was brutally tortured for his sake and Rian literally never once mentioned it except for the time he laughed about it?

I thought they were wounded from the reversed polarization of the crystal? Did he have them orange before

this would be funny if it wasn't so true
also you forgot to put "actually just unambiguous porn" under acceptable topics

Thank you user I was surprised no one else remembered that bit

>they win
I don't think them being assimilated is really winning. They're just kind of mistakes.

*sociopath
I'm very tired, I don't know why I wrote it like that

Exactly. They're the embodiment of the old adage "Too heavenly-minded to be any worldly good." Aughra shares that trait. The Skeksis recognized it in her and distracted her with exploring the cosmos while things went to shit in her absence. I love this fucking show.

Chamberlain and Hunter do all the heavy lifting, the rest are cowards and degenerates

They are, but let's be honest, that's not why most """"people"""" here like them. They like them because they're the bad guys and zoomers are cancerous edgy twats.

what /boards/ do the skeks lurk?

Attached: 1523962737409.png (740x279, 202K)

none because only ur skek exist.

Look closely at his hands. Orange lace gloves. Initially I though they were metal rusted hands, but I was wrong.

Attached: IMG_20190917_072159.jpg (1366x2048, 473K)

what episode?

I busted a fat one to that comic not gonna lie

ok, but at this point you mean zoomers is anything under age 50. because the skeksis were likeable villains from the word go, and that was like 40 goddamn years ago.

>lurk
Every single one of them is an active shitposter

And Chamberlain is a tripfag

Gee skekSo, why do you have a sandwhich between your legs. Why are you letting skekSil eat your sandwhich.

Darth Empress Deet is the strongest character right now

with the exception of the pod paladin and deet, none of the "good" guys are worth a damn

>implying the majority of nuchan even knew what a skesis was a month ago
Did you miss all the "which do I watch first, the movie or the series?" posting?

The Emperor was also putting the squeeze on Scientist’s pet birb as he asked for a number so the 50 might’ve been a guesstimate.

It's great how there's not a single faction that's truly good or innocent.

They're fun to watch.

nevermind it was ep 4

Hunter - /fit/ /out/
Collector - /his/
Scrollkeeper - Yea Forums

idiot

oh yeah, I filtered those nerds

the architect faction is beyond reproach

Every day I love that comic more.

On /adv/, where he takes great delight in helping retards ruin their lives.

Chamberlain posts blacked and sneed threads on Yea Forums not because he cares about the content but because he gets an almost erotic pleasure from watching jannies clean up his mess

Yes, because you'd be triggered to the moon if there was, huh?

But jannies don't clean up those threads

Attached: never.jpg (1280x1157, 327K)

I'd like to witness Chamberlain's shitposting skills

Attached: 44789098744.jpg (1080x608, 69K)

Fair point, I did not think this through.

I need this poster framed and in my bedroom. It's so damn perfect.

Attached: skeksis japanese poster.jpg (1280x1600, 558K)

what happened to him/her anyway? The Darkening

(inb4 "knooowleedgee")

Spbp
Ytoids btfo

Jesus Christ is this actually the official poster? It's gorgeous

Japan gets all the best posters.

How come normies are horny for skeksis

Attached: 0778174_n.jpg (610x610, 45K)

>y-you're evil!
>Why? Because I want to live? And that means killing in order to live? Are spiders evil? Frog's?
>n-no u
Chamberlain is based. Gelflings confirmed as retarded zoomers.

How do Heretic and Urgo feed themselves on top of that mountain? It would take them days to get down being all slow and old

Pure diet of hallucinogenic berries.

Yup, that's Japan for ya. They know quality.

I like to think the death/desert Gelfings leave them food sometimes.

Yeah that was actually a pretty neat conversation.

How to stop having lewd thoughts about Brea? I want to enjoy this terrific show not lust after puppets

Chamberlain: /k/

Lust after Chamberlain instead.

Accept that she is pure and virginal and not meant for the likes of a vulgar human.

>>>>the ugly bitch

Fucking skek.

why do you guys like a show made for literal children?

Sure user.

Attached: Bobbin.png (552x514, 433K)

Very fucking nice.

>six inch figures
they would look like shit. cloth would be the only way to go and it doesnt drape well at that scale

Correct, she's meant for skekOk

Attached: whatcouldhavebeen.png (900x643, 270K)

OOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Attached: eca.png (1876x1200, 368K)

Monsters are cool, remember how people freaked out over Venom
The show and VA's isn't always helping desu

Attached: 1568664006490.png (652x2048, 2.82M)

Damn you, you made me laugh.

deadass I thought he said "it's the girth" until I saw the actual subtitles

out boi Chamberlain played Rian like a damned fiddle
that was beautiful

Attached: pxdaeknGmr1utpc7go3_1280.png (1280x573, 502K)

kek,saved

Attached: qsteq_500.jpg (500x498, 48K)

It isn't just the subterfuge and manipulation. It showed that Chamberlain actually understood politics and the situation. His sliminess was just used to try to get Rian onboard with what benefited the Skeksis. But nothing he said was actually false.

>Good writing
>Maybe the best puppetry work ever
>Maybe the best voiceover work ever
>Good, minimal integration of CGI in
current year
>Minimal integration of topical political bullshit in current year, on Netflix no less
>Unapologetically too dark for children in current year
>So beautiful every shot looks like a wallpaper
>Prequel to a movie many of us loved and grew up with
>Respectful of the source material
This show shouldn't be as good as it is.

>no redeeming qualities
that's what makes them great

Attached: mmmMMMMMmmm.png (397x398, 376K)

>But nothing he said was actually false.
Well, it might not even be necessary for the Skeks to have essence to live, but we don't even know if the Chamberlain knows that.

why does everything need a remake/reboot these days? how do you feel about the upcoming princess bride movie? I hear amazon is doing a mini series too

Or maybe, just maybe; a lot of people are open to new ideas in a way where they can evaluate whether it’s good or bad and deduce their own conclusion.
What you see as “contrarian” is just basic open mindedness; something far left soi mongers on reddit would never understand.

If something makes sense and can be logically explained, that is simply solving a problem in front of you.

They are unapologetic evil bastards! Not the morally gray villain in Hollywood films

100% agree on all points. Something else I'd like to point out is that it actually *has* lore to be respected, because it's a story being told properly. It's the polar opposite of what Disney's done with Star Wars and the MCU, where they half-ass cobble a story together, then backfill "lore" to justify lazy, bullshit story decisions. Star Wars *had* lore, conventions, and mechanics. So did Marvel comics. Disney ignored literally all of them because quality storytelling is hard. Good stories start with concepts and explore how those concepts play out in a story how conflicts arise and how they are resolved. Bad stories are built around the conflicts with all other considerations serving those conflicts.

Well said, user.

Attached: nod.gif (350x253, 2.55M)

Skekok a cute

Attached: 1568671944090.gif (540x225, 2.71M)

>>Respectful of the source material
Watching how many people started nerd-gushing in the Making Of was nice. Hell of a lot of people there who sound like they are nothing less than delighted to be working on this, and none of that "I actually didn't like this so now that I have my grubby hands on it I'll turn it into something else" every other reboot seems to be infected with.

No, they know they need it now that the crystal hasn't been providing.

I have a soft sport for prissy characters like him.

>a lot of people are open to new ideas
hehe hehehehe hahahah HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Fucking saved.

Several Skeksis haven't been doing the rituals at all. The only one that definitely seems to need it is the Emperor to make up for his Darkening habit.

Hell yeah.

If you watched the movie, you'd notice the show dropped the ball on showing essence literally change the shape of the skeksis faces removing wrinkles and shit.

The irony here is so palpable

I thought it *did* show that when they first consumed it.

I didn't see it in the show. They still looked wrinkled as fuck, unless I missed something.

What planet are you from? The only reason any human has ever been interested in a new idea is the thought that other people would pay attention to them if they adopt it.

That still doesn't tell you they'd die before the Conjunction without it. We know jack shit about the Skeksis natural lifespan and since they've been divided by accident they don't know either.

I don't remember that, but I could be wrong.

I think it did the first time but not for subsequent essence binges? Kinda hard to tell because they're so wrinkly no matter what.

Then that answers the question. In the movie they LOST wrinkles. Their skin became smooth.

>everything revolves around validation and crowds
That totally explains every disagreement ever. 10/10 for the classic reddit think tho

That's false. In the original movie, the UrSkeks knew a hell of a lot more than is now played. They've straight retconned a bunch of shit. Like inserting Aughra's bizarre bastard meteor child.

speaking of nods, does anyone have a gif of SkekUng nodding during the TRIAL BY STONE scene?

Yeah, you're extremely open to new ideas no matter how stupid or bad, and extremely closed to old ideas because you're a contrarian

mmmmmmmmmMMMMMMmmmm

I think they're *less* wrinkled and decrepit-looking, but still look old as hell. I'd have to go back and watch that scene, but I could swear I saw some change.

Because ultimately you decide for yourself if it is good or bad, not a crowd. (Or upvotes on a totalitarian website run by literal faggots in your case)

How hard did Rian get Skekpilled?

youtube.com/watch?v=3f4THKvsEbg

>TFW the way Chamberlain says 'gobbled up by Gobbles so son could run'

The change is dramatic in the movie. And they just outright say it works WORSE than it did when they used Gelflings, because they're reduced to using Podlings. So the show just dropped the ball.

Haven't they also been improving their tech though? Maybe a podling can be drained and processed more efficiently by the time they reach the movie. A gelfling would be even better, but SkekTek barely had time to get started on his essence machines.

>"hmmmm... ah"

Honestly, I think the designers were just fucking lazy.

u wot m8? I'd believe pressed for time but you're insane if you think they were lazy.

I can get behind this - a more refined process added to them having previously been rejuvenated by the Gelflings to a more youthful state than we've yet seen. You could even play it like the Podlings are like crack - stronger, shorter "high."

When it came to that detail? Absolutely. I give no leeway. I was extremely disappointed. And it's one of the glaring plotholes in the series. I won't just overlook the fact that the movie depicts Gelfling essence as some kind of miracle panacea while having absolutely no visible effect on the Skeksis, when we see Podling essence literally do this:

youtube.com/watch?v=QXCcqwBaocc

>the way that little podling is panting after being drained of his life force
The movie was definitely creepier and way more disturbing than the show.
I also recall being traumatised as a kid by skeksis eating live animals for desert during their banquet.

Those fucking landstriders weren't even supposed to be evil but they still creeped the everloving shit out of me. On the other hand I'm glad I'll never watch the Peeper Beetle scene as a kid.