Post franchises still alive only because of boomers

Post franchises still alive only because of boomers.

Attached: rambo.jpg (477x268, 30K)

Attached: 1561969016393.png (1000x1294, 1.92M)

I couldn't get through the first movie and im a catholic.
It felt like something made to poke fun at how Christians think people see them more than anything. Like a political comic in movie form

Rambo is more like early X. I'm very late X and I barely remember them.
I even more remember the latest from the early 00s or something.

>only alive because of boomers

There is not one bad Rambo movie. First Blood is basically a blueprint how to do a survival movie, First Blood Part 2 is still one of the best shot action movies ever made (the entire boat sequence is GOAT), Rambo III is ridiculous over the top fun and Rambo 2008 is on par with First Blood, but with more deaths.

I am honestly surprised there are barely any threads, everytime Rambo comes up almost every user agrees that the franchise has not one single bad movie.

Everything is practically mediocre. OK, I even like John Wick lately so I get it, stupid, but fun stupid but it was never meant to be a masterpieces.

I mean almost nobody even says that anyway. Most fans of the franchise always forgot it days after watching it.

I wasn't trying to imply that the movies suck, but that no one past a certain demographic actually gives a shit about Rambo. I'm 29 and I'm sure none of my friends give a shit about it.
Some exceptions don't change the fact that it basically rides the nostalgia of 40sh people who maybe saw the originals in theater.

Fast & furious all of them

He said boomers, not China.

you're joking right? literally every male boomer jerks off about going a quarter mile at a time

OP here, the first movie is from 2001, it doesn't qualify as boomer material.

Kek, I'm 26 and me and my friends are hyped to watch it, cause it's /fit/ and /k/ kino.

>Rambo is more like early X. I'm very late X and I barely remember them.
This, with the exception of the first one which is unforgettable.

First Blood > Rambo > First Blood Part II > Rambo III

I see Rambo III as Lawrence from Arabia on steroids, which is fitting since both have almost the same scenario and plot.

Both ends of the political spectrum are equally insufferable. Dont forget, anyone even slightly towards the middle is a coward too. This world is fucked.

>boomers
boomers just want thes nostalgia bait to die off.
gobbling "famous brand: the sequel #2332" is a millennial/zoomer thing

Rocky

>Some exceptions don't change the fact that it basically rides the nostalgia of 40sh people who maybe saw the originals in theater.
I'm 10 y older and I can assure you that all my friends loved the original movies and still love them, but none of them give a fuck about seeing those characters in new movies 30 years later. Same for Terminator, Alien and every reboot/remake.

Based boomers

I enjoyed it for the wrong reasons. Check out the mad max ripoff series made by the same people.

James Bond

>James Bond
died when he was reimagined for millennials, tho

F&F is alive thanks to Chads, not boomers.

>pg13 and shitty chart music
>chad

The only Chad movies are r rated.

Why are zoomers obsessed with boomers?

>who cares about old movies durrrrr
Christ, do you listen to yourself? Are you trying to live up to the cliche every older generation has of the younger generations? Is that really the role you want to play, one of the idiot youngster who can't appreciate films from bygone eras?

wtf they cut his hair short?!

>atheists actually think this
t. millennial who went out to see all 3

part IV looks good

Attached: Repent punch.webm (426x240, 2.66M)

BASED FUCKING BOOMERS

WHEN THEY DIE WE'RE ALL FUCKED

REPENT ZOOMER

>edgy shit is kewl!!!11
Sounds zoomer to me.

>WHEN THEY DIE WE'RE ALL FUCKED
100% unironically this.

Chads and the new latino audience are what's keeping that shit alive. Fast 1 and Tokyo Drift are the only kino flicks of the series

No user. R rating allows more freedom in your movie, literally all classics are r rated which you wouldn't recognize because they have a few "fucks" in them.
PG13 automatically restricts your creativity, it's not the 80s anymore where literally everything was pg13 as long as it's not straight up gore (the Indiana Jones trilogy would never get a pg13 rating today, they are fucking brutal).

R rating is ALWAYS superior to pg13 for everything except the box office.

I do listen to myself but I doubt YOU can properly read a message, retard. never did I say that the problem is that rambo is old. I'm saying that they keep making those MOSTLY because there's a decent hardcore fanbase which isn't young at all.
To make a comparison it surprises literally no one that they keep making SW flicks considering that the popularity of the franchise has been constant for decades

>Implying
X rating is the only true chad rating, it allows for the absolute most creative freedom

>PG13 automatically restricts your creativity
Restricts it how? If you're the type of person who craves graphic sexual content and F-bombs, oh, sure. But if you're creative enough that you can imagine a story realistically playing out with any of those things? Count the "fucks" and nude scenes in Citizen Kane and Casablanca, user. Count them.

>inb4 "those movies totally would have had those things if the old Hollywood system allowed it"
Then I could point to any number of well reviewed, highly regarded films made in the past several decades that weren't R rated. Of course, you'll dismiss those because they're often branded as "family entertainment" for not going for an R rating.

>YOU CAN'T SAY MEAN WORDS OR SHOW SEX IN MOVIES OR IT SUCKS

Attached: wojakr.png (753x960, 22K)

And the zoomer shows its true colors.

Have your all set the latest trailer for this? It looks like a slasher movie with Stallone in the serial killer role. Absurd amounts of gore with heads getting shotgunned in half. I might actually pay for a movie ticket for the first time in half a decade.

has stallone always shot left-handed?

Have you all seen*

I personally know a Vietnam vet that once pulled a gun out and almost killed himself and his wife during one of his PTSD episodes, so I can totally see an old grizzled medal of honor winning vet like John Rambo going nuts on whoever he perceives to be the enemy.

NOTHING IS OVVVVUUUUUUHHHH

Stallone alreardy decided for the 2008 one to go more into the direction of Rambo in the books. Seems like he continued it (the book author said he was more satisfied with the 2008 movie then with First Blood since this is more like the character he wrote).

>You're a zoomer for not liking a zoomer rating

Was that "i am the wall" thing real?

>mature content = sex and gore
based retard from the capeshit generation

>zoomers don't like adult things

HOLY SHIT IS THIS BASED AND PRO DRUMPF

HES GONNA WIN AGAIN YOU KNOW

THE LEFTOID SEETHE WILL BE BIBLICAL

And explicit language. Name one other example of mature content that the MPAA considers worthy of an R rating.

Stallone is neither a republican nor a democrat. His only "political" comment he ever made was giving positive comments about Arnold because both are good friends and Arnold happens to be a republican. There is an interview where the interviewer thot tries to throw Stallone on the "Drumpf" train and he just answer the question with "I didn't vote for either candidate and all that "I am republican" talk comes from Reagan running around with a "Rambo is a republican" banner".

They don't, it's why they flock to capeshit and nu-action movies. Anytime a movie tries R (unless it's a tame as fuck capeshit flick like Deadpool), the movie flops

It's just as likely that zoomers are seeing less movies in theaters and that it's mostly boomers and their young kids going out to see those films.

Nah man 1 is a masterpiece and 4 is genuinely great but 2 and 3 suck, their only appeal is looking cool but they are so shallow and stupid they're nigh unwatchable. I have high hopes for 5 since I loved 4 but you're just a boomer dad who loves VOD action schlock if you praise 2 and 3

I am in my mid 20s, but ye, I like 1-4 for different reasons.

Also VOD can be great, Isaac Florentine directs one of the best action movies year per year and they only get released on Blue Ray/DVD.

literally something being too scary or thematically challenging. also drug and alcohol use. soon to be cigarettes too i'd be willing to bet

go back to capeshit and nu-action, zoomer
(zero good capeshit so far)

>zoomer can't understand movies made before he was born
how original

Dude my favorite action films are Conan, Terminator, Die Hard, First Blood, Robocop, and random Dolph, JCVD, and Segal films from the 80s and 90s. I just think Rambo 2 and 3 suck. Not as bad as Cobra, though, that's a real piece of shit. I just don't like Stallone, he's a meatheaded Italian fuck who talks like a mongoloid and sees the world in black and white in most of his films. Demolition Man is cool though and Stallone definitely grew up with Rambo 4. Never bothered with that expendables tripe.

I got you man, I didn't mean to insult VOD one of my favorites lately was the Scott Adkins movie Avengement

Tremors. They are comfy for some unknown reason

I just think those 2 specific movies are stupid, fuck off cunt. I almost exclusively watch movies made before I was born. Do Rambo 2 and 3 really mean THAT much to you? Would you defend them to the death? These 2 mediocre sequels made entirely for money and marketed solely on excessive violence with no substance at all and ridiculous stories and Stallone's vocal cords sounding like a 16 car pile up? I bet you like Bloodsport too you fucking windowlicker.

>"I don't like Stallone" so movie bad
just say that you don't like the guy and his brand of action.
I don't like the godfather because I don't like mafia movies, but I would never say it's shit

bet you are that faggot that pretend to dislike T2 and Aliens

I not only don't care much for Stallone during that period of his career but I have seen both films several times and I think they are not good in any way. Fun enough for a night of drinking beer with friends but even then I always feel unsatisfied because there is nothing remotely human in them. They are just like the capeshit of today, churned out for a profit to a public eager to lap it up no questions asked. You are that public. You enjoy capeshit.

>I only like action movies with substance

I prefer Terminator and Alien over their sequels but I still enjoy both, I'm not the guy always making those threads. But how in the ever loving fuck could you possibly compare fantastic action films like T2 and Aliens to trash like Rambo 2 and 3? Are you guys all fucking high? What kind of topsy turvy world is this? Am I the only sane man left? I'm surrounded by plebs

I'm not comparing. Maybe in term of action, not content.
R1 and 2 are good action movies.

I only like any movie with substance you idiot. You just admitted you're mentally and emotionally deficient. I watch a lot of shitty horror and action movies and I can enjoy them on a simple spectacle level because who doesn't like blood and guts but with big budget ones like Rambo that get praised like this it's pathetic to see you morons clamoring to defend them as masterpieces. They're just dumb action movies, who cares?

I actually prefer Rambo 3 to 2 desu, 2 is too ridiculous with the POWs and bullshit and the love interest lmao. 3 is at least interesting, but I like desert stuff. See Dolph's Red Scorpion from the same era, it's fucking sick

>he doesn't like bloodsport
It's literally live action Baki

wut? R3 was 10x more over the top compared to 2

>Stallone is neither a republican nor a democrat
That has nothing to do with my question. There were threads about how his niece or surrogate family or whatever has the little girl kidnapped by the cartel and they are trying to scare him off the property, saying there's no wall there, and he says "I am the wall" and blows them up with buried explosives.
I didn't believe it was real but I haven't confirmed that it wasn't real, either.

nobody said masterpiece, you pretentios cunt.
back to the hospital, schizo

Idk man I was playing a lot of MGSV when I watched it I just enjoyed it more

That's not much reliable :)

I really like how he doesn't hit back even though I don't agree with his views.

It has to do with your question since Stallone tried to avoid taking any side. A comment like "I am the Wall" would be clearly pro Trump given that Rambo is the one in the right.

Fucking cringe

>see trailer for this on TV
>I just laugh because Sly is looking so old
>Boomer Dad says he wants to see it

I actually think that old look helps giving the movie a more grim tone.
He literally looks like a "Fuck you all" nihilistic berserk.

a boomer is anyone that isn't a teenager on Yea Forums

You passed the test, you can't tolerate Proddy trash.

it was a movie for prots so that makes sense

zoomer btfo

That GIF is fuckimg based. I love that I'm the physical strength hierarchy it goes:

>men > women > gays

Good point
>First blood
Highlighted the issues veterans faced and the confusion between combat and politics.
>Rambo 2
A reminder of the POWs in a united Vietnam and lampshaded how politics get in the way of things as well as Soviet involvement, as the conflict is often portrayed as “poor rice farmers vs evil Americans”
>Rambo 3
Less political aside from “bad Soviets”. However, it highlights what Soviets do to countries they occupy.
>Rambo 4
Shows how impoverished governments can be bastards too, even to well meaning people. Arguably the most relevant and important lesson
Rambo 5
???

2 and 3 are good in their own right. 3 is particularly comfy, first stick fighting in Thailand and then later horseback sports with the Paki bros.