Why are modern zoomer TV shows so much funnier than shows from decades earlier?

Why are modern zoomer TV shows so much funnier than shows from decades earlier?

Attached: Untitled.jpg (740x688, 200K)

Other urls found in this thread:

quod.lib.umich.edu/e/ecco/004786433.0001.001/1:4?rgn=div1;view=fulltext
youtube.com/watch?v=7IVJVTUNl0I
archive.is/tgpdd
vimeo.com/332530635
youtube.com/watch?v=HaMTXCHkZb0
youtube.com/watch?v=iIvMTgJcFiw
youtu.be/HmNJ03s2ZuM
youtube.com/watch?v=PPjwmp5qqm8
youtube.com/watch?v=LQCU36pkH7c
youtube.com/watch?v=JuVuj5aDquk
youtube.com/watch?v=dfe8tCcHnKY
twitter.com/pescami
youtube.com/watch?v=R4anpxoHkPI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No problematic speech.

Just a coincidence

Attached: RT top 10.png (645x396, 41K)

REPEAT AFTER ME: MUCH, MUCH FUNNIER
MUCH MUCH FUNNIER

(And that's a good thing)

dilate

Name me one show this decade that could top The Office (UK) or pre-movie Spongebob.

is that the joke

fucking yikes

Wheres the bloody jokes?

Holy fucking shit.

>trying to bury the Muppets
Fuck this article i'm going to bed

Attached: 13tlfr.jpg (257x196, 17K)

>Name me one show this decade that could top The Office (UK) or pre-movie Spongebob.
Too easy. Nanette fundamentally changed comedy forever. The Office and Spongebob was just low brow "trying to make you laugh" comedy.

Attached: nanette_.jpg (182x268, 12K)

Fuck ABC Jews for cancelling the muppets

fuck dudes I never got to see the muppet movies from the modern era are they any good

It's like the powers that be read my mind and got defensive. I was literally just thinking this past week about how comedy is dead.

I think the problem this guy has is that he might be legitimately mentally deficient

Attached: 31131.jpg (822x347, 40K)

That's not real, is it?

Imagine getting pleb filtered by the muppet show

The first one is actually really fucking good I was legit surprised

>comedy that tries to make you laugh
god i fucking hate that shit so much, what kind of limpwristed boomer faggot watches comedy to laugh?

Attached: spengebab.jpg (162x191, 11K)

Straight from the article in the OP.

Attached: I recognize that so I laugh.jpg (802x278, 56K)

>listening to modern 'critics'

read this if interested on the minor art of citicism and taste

quod.lib.umich.edu/e/ecco/004786433.0001.001/1:4?rgn=div1;view=fulltext

>quod.lib.umich.edu/e/ecco/004786433.0001.001/1:4?rgn=div1;view=fulltext

This can't be real

This guy reads like a pseudointellectual having a stroke. This would be kino post modern literature if he was doing it on purpose.

I've never met this man but I can tell just from this that I hate his fucking guts.

Based zoot putting thirsty thots in their places

The first is up there with the best Muppet stuff. Second is just ok.

This is the worst thing ive ever read

I get his point, but wouldn't this also suggest we are becoming less funny?

Also the Epstein (((joke))) seems an interesting example...

I wish I could get paid money to copy and paste schizo Yea Forums posts and call it modern critique

>modern critics

AH YES

REMEMBER WHEN JOURNALISTS WERE LITERAL CARD CARRYING COMMUNISTS?

YUP THOSE WERE THE BASED DAYS NOT LIKE TODAY

You can, but it's something like 1 cent per word.

Every day feels like a new nightmare.

Attached: 1261547472007.jpg (1000x1000, 230K)

So true, you hear one dead shiksa baby joke at a party, you heard them all

>mossad did empstein
>trump did harambe
i dont get it

this guy probably thinks 'that's what she said' is the height of comedy

At least the Commies could sometimes write an ok article. These guys are like 0 in 50 for me on delivering.

The nonsense never ends.

Anyone who needs to declare how funny they are is not funny at all.

Attached: Tywin_Lannister_4x08.jpg (1362x1956, 807K)

I can't even read this. What the fuck is he going on about?

Is this translated from another language? That entire paragraph makes zero fucking sense

NIAGARA FALLS

Attached: abc.jpg (480x360, 14K)

This is likely similar to any Zoomer's top 10 list; minus anything before 2000

I think he's complaining about referential, family guy style, humor but in a really retarded way

We need a new war, its an imperative we create a environment so harsh people like him just cant survive and die in a horrible way.

He's basically this kid:
youtube.com/watch?v=7IVJVTUNl0I
And just cycling through every meme he has committed to memory to prove he's hip to the internet culture.

More fucking zoomer/millennial journalism that shits on anything pre-2010.
I legit haven't laughed at a single movie since probably Napoleon Dynamite and It's Always Sunny is the last of the "old guard" of comedy tv.
Everything new from SNL to the Daily Show to sitcoms and movies isn't fucking funny.

>t. humorless incel
maybe if you werent such a racist piece of shit you wouldn't be friendless

Here's an archive, don't give this faggot your clicks
archive.is/tgpdd

what the fuck am I reading

this is the worst thing i have ever read

Why are they all schizophrenic and paranoid?

then why can't I remember the last time I laughed

Attached: god.png (1009x1085, 1.14M)

>I see what you did there

Well memed user

my brain hurts

For me I think it was a Family guy cut-away compilation a few hours ago.

Give me Phil Silvers any day of the week

This isn't just a black people thing, it has to do with people being far more enthusiastic about media now than they were previously.
You can see a similar effect if you look at video games on metacritic.
Older games that are known as classic masterpieces have less perfect scores because criticism of the time was more tempered, so they get out-classed by new games that by all account seem to be just good but the idea of good has been pushed into the high 90s.

God I am sick and tired of these jerkoff Zoomlennials who don't even have a basic understanding of common idioms or phrases. Its not that you necessarily need to be white to enjoy old jokes but just be brought up in English language. /oldmanrant

My god, he's basing all of this off of watching season 1 of The Muppet Show. What the fuck? I might be a bit biased but I had season 1 and 2 on dvd years ago and I seem to remember season 2 being a lot funnier, they'd figured out what worked and what didn't and had enough pull by that point to get actual celebrities to guest star (like Steve Martin, John Cleese and Elton John).

The guy who wrote this knows that old tv shows were a bit different, right? That it sometimes took a season or two for a classic show to get good? Like the Simpsons, Star Trek: TNG, shit, he's probably a feminist so he's probably seen Buffy...? What fucking planet is this guy on?

Attached: fuzzy1.jpg (1023x682, 71K)

why is there a picture of that show? it's so fucking bad and not funny at all. the characters are so annoying i had to stop watching after like 2 episodes.

what the FUCK did I just read? What the fuck? This isn't written by a schizo user? this is an actual critic's review? Hold me Yea Forums

Attached: p8624.jpg (400x400, 21K)

>archive.is/tgpdd

Is his entire fucking argument boiled down to society is much funnier because there is more comedy media, today as compared to the 1960's?

Oh my, I'm reading it right now and he doesn't get that Fozzie Bear is supposed to be a crap comedian. That's the joke you dingus. I've read a lot of shitty hot-takes over the years but this one is actually impressively stupid. Goddamn it, it's working though - I'm on Slate right now. Someone got an archive or Wayback Machine link to this?

Also much, much fatter.
You know, I don't think that's a coincidence.

Attached: 1416893118171.gif (245x205, 826K)

>body shaming
This is why older "comedy" wasn't funny.

I have yet to meet anyone in the real world who has heard of let alone watched this rape victim monologue.

Based

Alright, post one (1) good comedy sketch from the last few years.

This is the only one i can think of.

vimeo.com/332530635

this is literal mental illness put into words. someone needs to contact this guy's editor and make sure he's getting help.

Oh my god... the soiboys are beginning to formulate their own language

Are these all reddit jokes? My friends never say any of this shit

Oh no, by the end it goes into a defence of fucking 'Cancel Culture,' I swear this guy's like the distillation of everything wrong with woke bloggers. Activism (or slacktivism) masquerading as good copy. What utter junk. Besides he only watched the first few episodes of season 1 of the Muppets. The point at which Henson and co were still figuring out what worked and what didn't. Does this guy not know how tv shows used to work? It's like someone saying the Simpsons is dated and unfunny based on the first handful of episodes from season 1. Like, it's an understandable conclusion but everyone and their dog knows that the Simpsons doesn't start getting funny until season 2 and only starts getting really good by season 3.

he's not complaining, he's singling it out as comedic genius and proof of modern works' superiority

Jeopardy had a question about it tonight and none of the contestants knew it. I only knew it from it being memed on Yea Forums so much.

He has to write one of these collumns every day, he doesn't have time to watch a whole series before then using that impression to judge a whole decade of comedy, he only has time for 4 episodes.

This article sucks, here's Steve Martin on the Muppet Show: youtube.com/watch?v=HaMTXCHkZb0

Make up your own damn mind.

Attached: TMS-S2-SteveMartin.jpg (1465x978, 394K)

Imagine the smell

underrated

I hated Steve Martin when I was younger and never thought he was funny at all, but as I neared ~30 years old and became a boomer I grew to appreciate him more and more.

>You WILL eat the bugs!

This can't be real. Then I checked the article. Holy shit.

i know, trump is the worst!

Attached: u.png (645x773, 10K)

Wait. That was a failed part of the very early Muppet show and the 1 off shows they did before they even got the muppet show greenlit.

That segment didn't last a long time and Hensen acknowledged it wasn't working and they didn't do it again.

Is he seriously saying part of the very first few Muppet episodes that stopped showing up in the show becuase it wasn't working is an example as to why comedy is better now?

The Jerk will never not be funny: youtube.com/watch?v=iIvMTgJcFiw

Yes. He is.

Yeah, I'm kinda in awe of his logic too. I mean... holy fuck.

:)

>it's real

Attached: 1551069006001.gif (250x271, 991K)

Did i just have a stroke

Steve Martin goes great with the Muppets. I love the audience interaction in this episode.

>Why are modern zoomer TV shows
Millennials shifting the blame like thier boomer archetypes

Zoomers/GenX > Millennials-Boomers

Attached: 1568765913702.webm (320x400, 903K)

It almost feels like I am reading the normie version of the compiled shitty OP posts.

What the actual fuck

Attached: 69866826_3592120890801856_8490967576153686016_n-1-1.jpg (313x353, 97K)

SHUT UP JOURNALIST
SHUT UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUP

Attached: 1521868511772.png (1300x1000, 980K)

>somebody got paid actual real life green MONEY for this garbage

Attached: throwing bear.gif (450x363, 1.99M)

Trying way too hard to be James Joyce. He's not writing this for us to read, he is writing it so his soi friends will think he is stylish and interesting. He's still trying to impress the feminist who is dating the "asshole" who likes sports and doesn't read pretentious drivel

Attached: 1523254385706.png (235x245, 103K)

youtu.be/HmNJ03s2ZuM

Attached: eddie-murphy- Ok.png (533x476, 428K)

wtf and also yikes

It seems like he's part of the humorless crowd that thinks being funny means that everything you say is a joke and constantly drop "so yeah I guess that's a thing" type lines that make you want to gouge their eyes out.

PRetty good, thanks user.Could never do that joke today

Attached: 1499892174028.jpg (482x413, 98K)

>he still doesn't understand what Rotten Tomatoes scores mean

That's a yikes from me.

The Good Place has it's moments. But being on a network means it can't be too offensive/funny regarding the source material.

This is a talktotransformer post.

I don’t get his point, wtf is he trying to say?

>also, fuck jannies

Lady Bird is terrific.

Seinfeld >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Friends>>The Good Place>>>The Office

Attached: Larry Bird.jpg (200x279, 9K)

This zoom zoom needs to lay off the white claw.

>Everything new from SNL to the Daily Show to sitcoms and movies isn't fucking funny.
Time to watch anime then.

Attached: file.png (1280x720, 710K)

modern tv comedy is literal trash, it's just adhd awkwardness and people yelling about sex and shit

>people like this get paid to write

wtf jews

Attached: 1439154135040.jpg (235x215, 8K)

?

I know it's autistic to say this but this image genuinely makes me physically angry

When you need articles to dictate that we're "funnier", then maybe you're not so funny after all.

Attached: Dominated.webm (600x600, 2.88M)

OH NO GIRL SLAP BOY

>a basic art hoe being mad at her mom, finding out her boyfriend is gay, and fucking a pothead and whining about how "no one UNDERSTANDS me"
truly the second greatest film of all time, outclassed only by "Black Panther: a Ryan Coogler Film"

>tfw it's not legal to kill these people
Why

Attached: Horton hits a ho.webm (640x360, 2.79M)

Asobi AsoBASED

Attached: 1533055198923.jpg (1280x720, 94K)

What the actual fuck

I can't believe something like this exists

Seems like the kind of guy that would complain about The Three Stooges being too immature, but then laugh at internet memes about cats.

I feel like this Norm Macdonald tweet is appropriate here.

Attached: norm on shitty hot takes.png (606x390, 57K)

Attached: no comedy for old women.jpg (1207x963, 176K)

Late Millenials and early zoomers are the least funny people and have no humour, and they don't even realise it.
If you grew up with the Simpsons and Seinfeld you are multiple steps ahead. Also in the 80s and 90s stand up comedy was probably at its height.

imagine missing the joke this hard

>"I was born a poor, black child"
How the fuck did Steve Martin get away with this?

lol no...comedy has been dying for a while now and zoomers killed it. The typical 80's comedy had the laughs of 100 contemporary comedies worth stuff into it, much less the mega hits.

seinfeld isn't funny

t. Zoomer

that file name. :D

Alright grandpa, go take a nap

I forgot all the sketch shows that were around, and don't forget all the Zucker, Abrahams comedies like Airplane! Comedies and Satire movies don't even exist anymore at this point, the last decent ones were the Scary Movies.

zoom zoom zoom

i want you in my room

*twang bing twang*
*door slams*
CAN YOU BEEEEEELIEVE THESE PRICES?
*laugh track*

boomer humor isn't funny user. at least the simpsons was good for a while.

Yes, safe corporate comedy is the best. I love when they make the adults make wacky expressions, it makes me feel like a kid again!

>the best things are the things we can currently make the most profit off of :)

Humor used to b a lot more e slap stick and stupid nows its a lot more nuanced and intelligent

It's okay. In 20 years or so, when the humor he now celebrates as acceptable is deemed problematic, then he can see what it's like on this side of the fence.

>The point isn’t that anyone is watching 150 comedies, it’s that there are 1,000–1,500 professional comedy writers working in television alone, which is an order of magnitude greater than the TV comedy landscape of a generation or two earlier. Do we really have 10 times as many professionally funny Americans? No. We have way more than that. Because in the 1980s there was no Funny or Die, no College Humor, nor the thousands of improv companies yes and–ing their way into ramshackle theater spaces throughout the land.
>More comedy content begets more comedy writers, especially since the funny young people of today have options far beyond the few totems of advanced comedic sensibility of yore.
His argument is more "comedy" writers == funnier

>Humor used to b a lot more slap stick and stupid

You mean in the 30s?

Here are some of the incisive articles Mike's written over the past month:

Attached: what mike's been writting.png (914x2747, 770K)

>implying slapstick isnt the funniest form of comedy around

Attached: Gorilla finger.webm (854x480, 2.98M)

>Forget the jokes about Face Blindness, 2% of people actually have it
you can't make jokes about anything that really exists, you heard it here first people

I'd say that kind of humor slowed down sometime after 2000

>After 9/11 the CIA's brutal tactics worked. That doesn't mean it should ever use them again
>Whatever happened to Sha Na Na?

>americans

Attached: 1554213024477.jpg (250x202, 8K)

Problem is that he’s judging the past by the standards of the present, because he’s a fucking NPC with intellectual and philosophical depth of a liver fluke.
He doesn’t understand the past, or how and why it was different; he doesn’t understand how culture developed before the internet and cellphones; and he certainly can’t understand how the constant, low-level threat of potential nuclear holocaust has an impact on comedy.
He’s everything wrong with his generation, wrapped up in a nutshell. Demanding respect without offering it; demanding praise for published works that showcase a shallow and solipsistic worldview; and demanding he be regarded as smart, funny and important when he’s jejeune, clichéd and shortsighted.

I don't get it. To me as an ESL, that reads like word salad.

LETS SPEND THE NIGHT TOGETHER FROM NOW UNTIL FOREVER

Attached: 1534382346906.gif (360x360, 558K)

Attached: C61FF5B8-D2D2-4F22-AC11-908E1315A124.jpg (475x351, 59K)

>He’s everything wrong with his generation, wrapped up in a nutshell. Demanding respect without offering it; demanding praise for published works that showcase a shallow and solipsistic worldview; and demanding he be regarded as smart, funny and important when he’s jejeune, clichéd and shortsighted.

well said. And now I feel old for agreeing with something that starts with "He’s everything wrong with his generation".

I’m willing to bet anything out of vaudeville is funnier than anything from the last decade.

same here it reads like shizo posting

The virgin 3 stooges, The Chad canihazcheeseburger

>The Third Man
absolutely based

Attached: 1542873560271.jpg (640x640, 127K)

Jesus christ

yes i very intelegent watch steven colbear

Attached: brainlet.gif (650x705, 38K)

Buster Keaton's still pretty funny imo:
>youtube.com/watch?v=PPjwmp5qqm8

The duality of blogger

I'm not convinced that the author is literate.

Exactly what the wanted you to do. Fucking lmao.

I can't imagine the coming generations will look back at millennials with anything short of disgust.

I tried watching this but I guess the site I used was glitched or something cause I never saw the funny part

The entire philosophy seems to be based on a complete ignorance of the past masquerading as an understanding of it.

>Huh?

2 days ago, bumped into a gay acquaintance. He saw it and liked it, and also complained a little about Sticks and Stones.
This is 100% true.

Holy fucking based, got 'em! As long as you don't realize what the image user posted was meant to convey, this is only moderately terrible. In the context of the image though, I'm sorry to say your social credit score has fallen into "kill yourself publicly" territory.

You always have the option to quit seething and start dilating though!

Based elephant. I hate faggots that instead of experiencing things stick their stupid fucking phone their to share it with people on social media afterwards without even absorbing anything of what they're experienced.

>tfw the schizo posters were professional critics all along

Does he not understand the jokes or something?

>cinema was mostly terrible from the 50's until 2 years ago

eat the bugs and dont have any children

It really isn't. It was a thoroughly average coming of age story that doesn't do anything remarkable, noteworthy, different or exceedingly well. What about it specifically did you find terrific?

Yeah, this "man" knows funny.

How much power does an Elephants trunk have?

Enough to break someone's neck/legs, so if you're in the trunk zone, then you're always in the danger zone

There's 150,000 muscles in them and they use them to uproot trees.
Do the math.

I mean, The Good Place is much better than the majority of recent sitcoms, but there's only so much it can do on network TV AND it's a totally different thing from Muppets anything. It's not seriously comparing them, right?

So almost as strong as my penis

Here it is in all its glory
Also this guy left an archive link
>archive.is/tgpdd
Don't look for the real article if you click on it they win. Leave a long-ass comment calling the writer the faggot that he is and he'll surely write another hot-take on how the Muppets were 'punching down' or some shit.

Attached: a shitty thinkpiece..png (1360x6960, 1.71M)

Silicon Valley until TJ Miller left because he lost his mind.

Oops, cut off the ending. Here it is

Attached: a shitty thinkpiece 2.png (893x1309, 101K)

Do you think it might have something to do with grade inflation? A modern day 90% is basically a failing grade compared to what a 90% was 40 years ago. and movie critics often seem like the types of people who took school grades very seriously.

Attached: jesus christ what a flaming faggot.png (746x386, 33K)

TL;DR
We're so good at comedy it's not funny

Where did Gen Z go so terribly wrong? I thought they were supposed to be the redpill generation.

Attached: 1530217922010.png (434x327, 32K)

That looks like a link I definitely want to click on Yea Forums

>What a time: Jokes are everywhere, as is an insistence that humor offers comfort and uplift, or should only target Trump officials, Logan Paul or other easy targets or derision
Is this fucking for real? Does he not realise putting limits on comedy is poison to it?

>"we're funnier because shitty memes that we don't even laugh at"

>putdowns are out
So that's the entire UK fucked then. Self-depreciation and taking the piss is all we know.

Preacher
Always Sunny in Philedelphia
The Boys
Undateable

It's a product of the time that I can't tell if he's being sarcastic or not.

>taking a shot at the muppets
What the fuck.

uh, i dont get the 2nd one. im mostly white, but i have some 10 percent nig

Attached: 1501384482544.gif (320x320, 2.46M)

This. How can I demonstrate I like my friends if I can’t call them retarded cunts all the time?

Damn he sounds like an old fart from the 1950s here "I only want my clean humour about acceptable topics!"

I guess names like George Carlin or Bill Hicks are foreign to him, and South Park is "too problematic" to watch. Fucking hell.

Fuck your ZOG cog bullshit, America. Literally fuck you.

Attached: homelander-3-1014x570.jpg (1014x570, 38K)

it's very obviously a university url
University of Michigan by the looks of it

the IGN review generation

He's literally confused because of the absence of buzzwords at which he's been programmed to laugh.

Attached: 1568544921111.jpg (587x557, 61K)

hm reading further I can't understand if he is for or against those limitations, or if he wants comedy to be more challenging (again)

No he mentioned George Carlin here: As humour that would never fly these days, like the Lumberjack song from Monty Python.

>tfw haven't found a single TV show funny since Chappelle Show

Attached: 1559756494003.png (1280x720, 788K)

As far as I can tell it's because there's no deeper sociological or political meaning behind the jokes. Yep, this man cannot comprehend puppets making shitty puns.

I will never forgive the hippy whores and faggots that taught entire generations of college kids that it was okay to write like a retarded fucking monkey tripping on LSD. I seriously wish I get to see a day when every professor in this country is dragged out into the streets and brutally murdered.

Attached: 1568446192021.png (1131x1080, 362K)

bigot

Did you see only five movies in your life?

What happened in 2015 that made good movies start to emerge again?

youtube.com/watch?v=LQCU36pkH7c

They started paying people for good reviews more through advertising to support dying online and traditional media publications.

You're a stinking homo

This is funnier than anything a millennial made in the last decade. And it's fucking Adam Sandler.

easier to pay for reviews than to make a good movie

Based

He forgot
>the jews did 911

Kinda what this guy is saying: Except without the paid reviews bit, they do it for free. It's also partially because RT's scores are only based on whether the review is negative or positive. So if a really average movie came out and literally every single critic gave it 3/5 stars it would still come up as being 100% on RT. Also notice the sheer number of reviews behind the most recent films vs the relatively small number of reviews next to Citizen Kane or Oz. Most of these reviews come from blogs, blogs need traffic so they'll all write a review of the latest woke corporate offering and these blogs only hire people who write shitty hot-takes, all of them with the same progressive, boring as batshit political world-view because all these blogs are located in either LA or New York and those types of shitty thinkpieces tend to anger people like us causing us to click on them and therefore paying their rent for this week.

ah yes, another retard that thinks every teacher at every college is some kind of hippie that gives out stars instead of grades

95% of humanities teachers are.

Probably stronger, their trunks get some use.

>I'm a b-tard
>14 year old Mexican kid

Checks out

>a kind of comic lingua franca has emerged

Attached: skull.png (1100x1080, 1.09M)

Kill yourself, fucking dipshit faggot.

No it isn't.

>Comparing one of the most notable works in the puppetering art to a fucking netflix original
ah

Attached: Screenshot_20190918-102121__01.jpg (1080x1215, 389K)

Iktf ;_;

Have watched all four seasons of preacher. Maybe one or two laugh out loud moments per season. That being said show is good and I want ruth negga to beat up my prostate

Married with children is funnier than any TV show made in the last ten years.

Open heart surgery is funnier than any tv show made in the last ten years.

They used to be funnier.

Attached: 1568306702019.jpg (700x718, 67K)

Why is this allowed?

Attached: 1568216320113.jpg (800x450, 197K)

Norm is a multi-national treasure.

Based Israeli shill

He's a goddamn legend that's for sure.

Mossad killing Epstein is not a joke. It's serious.

t.norman shills

great caesar's ghost, someone said this was acceptable and let it be published

These days it seems like the audience reaction comedians are going for is applause, not laughter.

youtube.com/watch?v=JuVuj5aDquk

Attached: tarkin.jpg (607x365, 23K)

....did I just have a stroke?

>you will never try this hard to sound smart

Black female James Bond movie 95%+ rotten tomatoes guaranteed.

being a norm shill feels pretty good tb.h and I do it for free

Attached: mel.jpg (996x682, 64K)

...9/11

Fucking hell this MUST be bait. No one could be THAT much of a stupid faggot

What a pretentious piece of shit.

Where's Birth of a Nation? (The original version)

the third man really stands out in that shitpile

i never click on anything but archice.is on this site
>inb4 some vice shill calls me right wing

Wonder Woman and Get Out were bland as shit. Lady Bird was decent and Fury Road was great. I haven't watched Moonlight and I don't watch Spike Lee films.

In any case any of those modern movies (I'm not talking about Wizard of Oz, Citizen Kane or Third Man) being nowhere near any best anything is fucking obscene. Critics should be hanged.

Checked. This user has powerful digits so we better follow his instructions to the letter.

Damn

Attached: impressive.jpg (816x816, 75K)

They aren't. Cheers is literally better than any other show currently being made in any genre.

/thread

Attached: 1478384069533.jpg (576x386, 40K)

He's right though. People just spout stock memes that get a smile from people aware of the meme. The memes aren't funny, but you've been programmed to think they're funny, so you laugh.

>we're much funnier than we used to be
>we live in a clown world
It's like a circus freak saying life is more fun in the circus than outside.

Attached: 1567577479949.jpg (500x628, 36K)

Chequed, my nigga, chequed

that's what she said

That's not the bit that's pissing people off. Sure, some dipshits literally don't understand what he's doing here, but of those that do, most hate his guts for writing like a wannabe groupie of Derrida's LARPing as James Joyce. The whole "this is a story about being insane, that's why I'll write it in a way that makes the audience feel insane, that's so POMO and META DOOOOOD"
We're shitting on him for writing like a bitch going for her third humanities degree rather than a rational and level-headed man discussing facts.

Attached: 1568531561408.gif (500x463, 997K)

>the fun you're having is fake and possibly gay

Attached: EDpm2riWsAUoJf1.png (491x446, 255K)

Three Stooges, All in The Family, and Married With Children alone are funnier than every modern show on television combined.

Kind of based to actually get paid for writing that.

>all those capeshit movies
what the fuck.......
Get out was really good, but not 6th best movie of all time good...
IM GETTING TRIGGERED

wow, great bait.

>low brow "trying to make you laugh" comedy
I sure am glad we evolved past the point of comedy being something that trys to makes people laugh

Attached: trump.jpg (540x360, 20K)

>thineeyeshaveseentheglory.jpg

>getting paid to write schizophrenic rants
these fuckers should use Yea Forums as a recruiting pool

Attached: pepe worker2.png (262x262, 89K)

That has to be one of the most reddit things I've ever read.

Muppet Treasure Island is a classic

>"trying to make you laugh" comedy
some 8/10 trolling there shitlord

>tfw thse two old fucks would never get on tv today
why even live?

Attached: crying pepe2.jpg (693x448, 77K)

a white male singing blues music?
how problematic

people just didn't give a fuck back then. This was 20 years before identity politics became a thing. Also, it's actually really funny, which tends to give you a free pass.

Attached: mionion.png (998x988, 553K)

Zoomer tv is so boring my lil bro just watchs anime.

People get paid to write word salads now? Loren Ipsum makes more sense. I support giving the mentally ill jobs, but maybe not as unfettered journalists at major news outlets.

Attached: INFINITE FAGGOTRY.gif (500x224, 920K)

>the Mossad did Epstein
>joke

Attached: 1554024145169.png (512x512, 207K)

peep show

well.. except in Space Jam

Thread theme: youtube.com/watch?v=dfe8tCcHnKY

I've read this excerpt five times and I still don't understand it

based schizo

I feel like this should be a banner here

>get out
>really good
It wasn’t even Conjuring-tier

Attached: 1561453258186.jpg (421x407, 24K)

>Black Panther isn't even top 5 best Marvel movies, let alone best fucking movie ever conversation.

Attached: jack1.5.png (418x677, 422K)

Brilliant

Every YouTube video is people spouting memes regardless of the subject. It's retarded.

The only funny television shows are Impractical Jokers and the Eric Andre Show, and MDE: World Peace when that was still running. Other than that, there was Regular Show, but we're not really discussing cartoons, at least I don't think we are, I'm not really sure why the Muppets are being shown.

Attached: K Computer.jpg (428x424, 25K)

Eric Andre is a fuckinv faggot

dubs guaranteed

How do you fuckin quantify that?

Is he saying that because our comedy is based on memes and that almost everyone knows them that makes us funnier?

What’s the Yea Forums equivalent to these phrases?

Hot takes need to die

look for an Uruguay flag on pol

Attached: scanners head explode.gif (636x288, 1.85M)

Acceptable answer

Are these Death Grips lyrics

Just when you think the bar can't get any lower it sinks another 200 feet.

fuck modern journalism

Attached: 151215_SF_Mike-Pesca.jpg.CROP.promo-xlarge2.jpg (1180x842, 372K)

>Mike Pesca

I looked up pictures of this guy and looks just as much of an insufferable twat as he does in his writing.

twitter.com/pescami

watch some pet videos

Are you surprised?

Exactly, here: youtube.com/watch?v=R4anpxoHkPI
It's got some stupid music on it at the end but I can't find the original

i'd prefer the pic to be a white blonde guy, asian guy and qt black girl

He’s also kinda a faggot imo

I haven't watched the muppets in about 20 years but that first bit sounds sweet, like not meant to be some kind of laugh out loud joke. Do I have autism or does he?