Just watched this and Mandy. I think I liked both, I don't know

Just watched this and Mandy. I think I liked both, I don't know.

Attached: sentionaut.jpg (1200x503, 356K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=72ye1IMywrQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's good. I miss opiates. Never seen Mandy.

Hi neontaster

should i try acid? does pure acid even exisg anymore?

acid is pretty cool with BTBR but i can not imagine watching Mandy on it and having a good time

man that scene where the doctor trips the fuck out looks fun. i want a trip like that.

i also saw both and liked them. saw BTBR shortly after it came out and told myself to keep an eye on the director. went and saw Mandy without even knowing he did it until way after, blew my mind. excited to see what he does next.

I watched BTBR for the first time last week at my roomate's recommendation and oh boy did I not like it.
Don't get me wrong it looked incredible and the soundtrack was great but other than that there really wasn't much to it. Overall it just felt like a big jerkoff to old sci-fi. Hell, at the very begging when the doctor dropped the number '1183' then started tapping out the rhythm from the hologram beating scene in THX 1138 I was immediately pulled out of any possible plot.
Plus they insisted on (poorly) conveying so much plot through imagery instead of actualy fucking explaining anything only to have it turn out that so much of the symbolism didn't actually mean anything and it was just a kid who had psychic powers from the shadow realm. God tier cinematography and soundwork wasted on a fanfic script.

It's a great movie to watch sedated. I prefer alcohol myself/

i feel asleep watching that movie. i did end up finishing it but it was a chore. yet to watch mandy

he's always described BTBR as an inhale and Mandy as the exhale, related to the death of his father which was only a few years before he began filming BTBR. his father was a director and Panos helped him on set.

both are amazing on DXM, especially BTBR, but mandy gets a little crazy at times

Mandy is just Satanist propaganda and it’s kinda cringe. Still a good movie tho, but I could’ve done without all the laveyan shit

>its cringe
>still good
>but it was shit

Attached: 1561312647191.jpg (600x817, 55K)

You are suppose to fall asleep.

Like the frequent Laveyan symbolism could be done without, but the movie is well made and Cage plays the part nicely. I had a good time, I was just annoyed by the “SATANISM GOOD” theme.

i dont remember any satanist symbolism in Mandy, got any screenshots?!

What a disappointed that movie was. It has a great trailer, but Cosmatos just proved himself to be a “trailer director” or a “music video director” rather than a “movie director”.

>takes 10 minutes for the girl to climb out of the window

FAST FORWARD THIS SHIT MOVIE

Mandy might actually be my favorite movie of all time, or at least in my top 5
I need to forget about it so I can watch it again
And Jesus Christ that fucking soundtrack
rip Johann
youtube.com/watch?v=72ye1IMywrQ

Attached: a2025772980_10.jpg (1200x1200, 278K)

>watching BtBR on DXM
master class taste

>when the doctor dropped the number '1183' then started tapping out the rhythm from the hologram beating scene in THX 1138
The whole film seems like a sendup to THX

can you expand on the Satanist elements in Mandy?

Precisely, but that bit in particular instantly made me stop caring about the movie and just want to watch THX

Mandy is closer to a conventional story than Black Rainbow maybe you'll like it more

kino

Attached: btbr2.png (1280x530, 175K)

So he's a modern Kenneth Anger? OK. Way to prove once again how fucking stupid tripfags are